Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do coaches not want to work for Cheezit?

Started by 3BoarsDown, January 04, 2012, 02:39:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

sure is quiet on the Aubie Coordinator front.

A month before signing day and without an OC and DC, can't be good for the close.

PoormansRobbyHampton

tiber

The better question is if coordinators want to work for Lowder. 

You can only stuff so much YellaWood in a McMansion ya know.

RollHogTide

The answer is no - and ironically it is because he expects them to work an extreme amount of hours, even during the off-season.  Straight from a previous assistant's mouth.

SquidBilly

They'll wait to bring in coordinator's until after the end of year payments to players have been made.  That way the new coaches can start with plausible deniabilty in regards to the corruption.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RollHogTide on January 04, 2012, 04:24:33 pm
The answer is no - and ironically it is because he expects them to work an extreme amount of hours, even during the off-season.  Straight from a previous assistant's mouth.

You have to work long hours there in order to overcome your boss's ineptitude.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

grayhawg

Maybe they misunderstood the meaning of "ALL IN".

Calling All Hogs

I think a lot of coaches are worried that the player's union at Auburn has become too demanding and a player strike is imminent.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: CallMeHog on January 04, 2012, 05:18:28 pm
I think a lot of coaches are worried that the player's union at Auburn has become too demanding and a player strike is imminent.

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

T I G E R

On the contrary, the fact that he hasn't panicked and hired the first warm body to call speaks volumes.

He's now turned down Stoops, Anderson, Johnson, Belichik, Landry and Lombardi. That takes nerves of steel.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Couldn't the same be said to some degree about CBP? Of course I have no way of comparing the two HCs.

3BoarsDown

Cheezit's big head reputation must be making the rounds quickly among assistant coaches.

Mark Stoops turned down some big change to not coach under "The Author" Gene Cheezit.

RollHogTide

January 04, 2012, 08:09:07 pm #12 Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:48:29 pm by RollHogTide
Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on January 04, 2012, 07:31:10 pm
Couldn't the same be said to some degree about CBP? Of course I have no way of comparing the two HCs.

I thought so too -  but, apparently he is a very demanding HC.  It really didn't click with me till I saw the Kristi Malzahn video when she was talking about the hours that CGM was working. 

The long hours are apparently expected (especially during the recruiting).  However, what I was also told is - he is what you see on TV, which is a good man that treats folks well.

Razorbacks#1

Cheezwit is just waiting for the completion of the BCS game. He is getting the LSU D coach and the Bamer OC coach. Auburn lock.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

idochog

If cheezwhiz has another year like this one, he will b on the hotseat. Would you put yourself at risk like that of you were already an established big name coordinator?
I love Jesus!

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

hawgfan80

True

Calling All Hogs

"I don't know why the coaches we interview act like
we are on a sinking ship. I feel like we are flying high!"

razorback3072

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 04, 2012, 04:34:27 pm
They'll wait to bring in coordinator's until after the end of year payments to players have been made.  That way the new coaches can start with plausible deniabilty in regards to the corruption.

They have to wait until they find out about Dyer.  If he leaves, that will clear a lot of Cap room and the incoming coach's salary may be able to be increased as a result.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Aston Martin 8 dude

Roadrunner

not hearing anything on the saban front either for their replacements
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Roadrunner

Quote from: hawgfan80 on January 04, 2012, 09:14:37 pm
True

you all are showing how little you know about coaching in the sec
ALL assistants and HC work long hours in the sec or become unemployed.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: T I G E R on January 04, 2012, 06:59:07 pm
On the contrary, the fact that he hasn't panicked and hired the first warm body to call speaks volumes.

He's now turned down Stoops, Anderson, Johnson, Belichik, Landry and Lombardi. That takes nerves of steel.
Well that's the word anyway. He obviously has such an inflated ego that he's apparently waiting on Rockne, Grantland Rice or the ghost of Bear Bryant

3BoarsDown

Quote from: Roadrunner on January 06, 2012, 08:43:20 am
not hearing anything on the saban front either for their replacements

Um, he has a small game Monday.

Saban, like Petrino, will lock up new coaches quick. They aren't caught off guard by losing assistant coaches.

T I G E R

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on January 06, 2012, 03:25:19 pm
Um, he has a small game Monday.

Saban, like Petrino, will lock up new coaches quick. They aren't caught off guard by losing assistant coaches.

lol @ Petrino hiring the first person to show interest.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on January 04, 2012, 02:39:06 pm
sure is quiet on the Aubie Coordinator front.

A month before signing day and without an OC and DC, can't be good for the close.
It gets more difficult to hire staff members when it's likely they won't be paid more than most of the kids they're coaching.

East Clintwood

They're just waiting until after recruiting season.  Depending on how much they have to pay the new recruits, there many not be anything left over to hire new coaches.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

870hogfan

Quote from: T I G E R on January 06, 2012, 05:19:52 pm
lol @ Petrino hiring the first person to show interest.

Pretty sure Petrino knows what he is doing. Auburn is a sinking ship.

idochog

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 07, 2012, 03:23:29 pm

Pretty sure Petrino knows what he is doing. Auburn is a sinking ship.

That's why he is having a tough time
I love Jesus!

Aston Martin 8 dude

The answer is very simple when you consider that no assistant in his right mind would want to compete with "the MAN upstairs" as in "It's a God thang".

tusksincolorado

Quote from: East Clintwood on January 07, 2012, 12:05:47 pm
They're just waiting until after recruiting season.  Depending on how much they have to pay the new recruits, there many not be anything left over to hire new coaches.

No....Daddy Lowder is in Conservative Mode because Brother YellaFellow funds are down from the Building Industry Slump, and Uncle Pat hasn't found a Mindless, Towel Waving, Bargin yet!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

T I G E R

Guess we can officially close this thread now.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: T I G E R on January 09, 2012, 04:36:44 pm
Guess we can officially close this thread now.
Well now that AU finally got to the bottom of the alphabet with their choice as a DC I suppose they're about ready to do the whole damn thing on the other side of the ball. BTW until all positions are filled this thread remains extremely relevant.

Calling All Hogs

LOL@ Auburn hiring a DC who was a position coach for CBP as recent as 2007.

T I G E R

Quote from: CallMeHog on January 09, 2012, 06:35:24 pm

Seems like that would be seen as a compliment.

3BoarsDown

Lol at Cheezit hiring the first warm body needing a paycheck.

Van Gorder will be there one year and gone again, he's a true job hopper.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: CallMeHog on January 09, 2012, 06:35:24 pm
Note of the word "was". As in the sense that he was "canned" be CBP.

twistitup

He's not a very smooth talker on tv... That is for sure. He's has stumbled , bumbled, and stuttered his way through pre game & half time - seems like he's almost nervous.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

tusksincolorado

Quote from: twistitup on January 09, 2012, 09:19:44 pm
He's not a very smooth talker on tv... That is for sure. He's has stumbled , bumbled, and stuttered his way through pre game & half time - seems like he's almost nervous.

Should fit in well with "The CheZZ".
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!