Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Malik Monk

Started by cardsNhogs, December 16, 2011, 02:25:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 09, 2013, 05:33:39 pm
Man at 15 you don't even know how tall they are going to be.  Kid could still grow 6 inches. 

I am not that tall but I grew 8 inches when I was 15.

EastMemphisHog

The_Iceman

He might could start at PG for us this year.

clutch

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 09, 2013, 05:33:39 pm
Man at 15 you don't even know how tall they are going to be.  Kid could still grow 6 inches. 

He's about the same height that Marcus was at that age. Much more explosive though. He had a reverse windmill dunk the other night. If he had Marcus's head on his shoulders then he would be absolutely unstoppable.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: clutch on February 11, 2013, 10:42:05 pm
He's about the same height that Marcus was at that age. Much more explosive though. He had a reverse windmill dunk the other night. If he had Marcus's head on his shoulders then he would be absolutely unstoppable.

Don't compare him to Marcus' height.  They have diff dads.  You know this but most others don't.  Malik's dad is about 6'.  I would think he is almost done growing but you never know.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: poloprince on October 09, 2012, 07:22:43 pm
Ark lock  :razorback:

Right now it's Kentucky then Arkansas. He loves coach cal.  Marcus n ky will have some influence

clutch

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 11, 2013, 10:54:09 pm
Don't compare him to Marcus' height.  They have diff dads.  You know this but most others don't.  Malik's dad is about 6'.  I would think he is almost done growing but you never know.

I think they get their height from their mom. She's a tall lady. Marcus is quite a bit taller than his dad too.

Legball13

He will be the best player to ever come out of the state of Arkansas when he is done at EPC.

secfan1

Quote from: clutch on February 12, 2013, 07:47:30 pm
I think they get their height from their mom. She's a tall lady. Marcus is quite a bit taller than his dad too.

Really? I've met her several times. She isn't that tall. Not short but by no means tall.

secfan1

Quote from: Legball13 on February 12, 2013, 07:56:03 pm
He will be the best player to ever come out of the state of Arkansas when he is done at EPC.

If he stays at EPC. Been mentioned they wouldnt mind seeing him get into a higher classification. The potential is there for him to be the best but I'm not sure I would go that far yet. There is a guy who plays for the Nets knocking down buzzer beaters left and right.

josh_sec33

If we can get them and a dominate low post player, it could get real interesting really quickly.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: josh_sec33 on February 13, 2013, 02:09:53 pm
If we can get them and a dominate low post player, it could get real interesting really quickly.

Uh, it gets really interesting for any school that gets a dominant low post player. Problem is, there aren't that many of them, and they don't usually go to schools like Arkansas.

SultanofSwine

Uummm, OK.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

He will def be best to come out of Arkansas. Here's a little of what he did tonight on this 6'4 kid from Augusta. 

http://yfrog.us/j4mm9xaxddyuzifiejatltkvz

N HOG

Quote from: SultanofSwine on February 13, 2013, 07:36:05 pm
Uummm, OK.
Quote from: SultanofSwine on February 13, 2013, 07:36:05 pm
Uummm, OK.

Don't scoff. Saw him tonight in district tournament. He does everything with no effort.

Seven incredible dunks in second and third quarters and nothing but net three-pointers at will.

Absolutely amazing player.

As one poster noted, his explosiveness is unreal.

I want to say a lot more about what level he could be playing at right now, but I'll just wait for all of you who haven't seen him play eventually draw your own conclusions.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I honestly think he could play a lot for the Hogs right now n this kid has 3 more years of high school ball.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

The Hogfather

I just hope this isn't Archie 2.0, with him making a "business decision".  We really, really need to keep him in the state.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 15, 2013, 07:12:27 am
I just hope this isn't Archie 2.0, with him making a "business decision".  We really, really need to keep him in the state.

well Arkansas better start sending Anderson to his games and not Watkins if he will be a Hog..  He's a Kentucky lean right now but i think Monk and Madden help our chances..  Monk had 10 dunks last night..  It's just too easy for him sometimes

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 15, 2013, 09:47:38 am
well Arkansas better start sending Anderson to his games and not Watkins if he will be a Hog..  He's a Kentucky lean right now but i think Monk and Madden help our chances..  Monk had 10 dunks last night..  It's just too easy for him sometimes

Good thing Calipari will be in the NBA by the time he's a senior.

Beaverfever

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 15, 2013, 07:12:27 am
If he ends up being as good people are saying then it won't make any difference if he spends his year at kentucky, arkansas, or playing high dollar horse games in the Czech Republic.  It's stupid to think that just playing for kentucky is going to automatically increase your draft stock. 

Capt_Marvel

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on February 15, 2013, 09:58:54 am
Not sure why Calipari would want to go to the NBA.  I can't imagine he'd enjoy coaching under a salary cap.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 15, 2013, 10:11:14 am
If he ends up being as good people are saying then it won't make any difference if he spends his year at kentucky, arkansas, or playing high dollar horse games in the Czech Republic.  It's stupid to think that just playing for kentucky is going to automatically increase your draft stock.

I know.  I hate that type of thinking.  Way too simplistic and soooo many people actually buy into it.

mhuff

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 15, 2013, 11:17:42 am
I know.  I hate that type of thinking.  Way too simplistic and soooo many people actually buy into it.

Only ones buying into it are being paid into it.

mhuff

Hopefully, he is totally out of BB.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mhuff on February 15, 2013, 11:31:52 am
Only ones buying into it are being paid into it.

I hear people all over the place saying it, including here on Hogville.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: Capt_Marvel on February 15, 2013, 11:12:49 am
Not sure why Calipari would want to go to the NBA.  I can't imagine he'd enjoy coaching under a salary cap.

He'll have no choice. He's not going to be able to skip town and stay in college basketball before sanction come again.

Big Boi

+1 He will be gone after winning the NC next year.

passinghog

Has Calipari been to any of his games though?

clutch

Quote from: secfan1 on February 13, 2013, 12:21:35 pm
Really? I've met her several times. She isn't that tall. Not short but by no means tall.

Jackie? She's pretty tall for a woman.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

She's about 5'9. Not tall but not short

PonderinHog

Quote from: clutch on February 15, 2013, 08:37:55 pm
Jackie? She's pretty tall for a woman.
How tall is their maternal grandfather, Jackie's dad?

Big Boi

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 16, 2013, 12:15:48 pm
How tall is their maternal grandfather, Jackie's dad?
I don't know about that, but his cousin has a uncle on his mother's side that had a kid that married a guy that was friend of a seven footer.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Big Boi on February 16, 2013, 12:20:27 pm
I don't know about that, but his cousin has a uncle on his mother's side that had a kid that married a guy that was friend of a seven footer.
Well, if that ain't proof, I don't know what is.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Monk's other brothers are 6'3 jr n a 6'2 soph n 5'10 sr  n you have Marcus 6'5

songofthesword

there's an article on him on the home page of rivals calling him one to look out for for 2016. anyone knwos what it says i'm not paying for vials to read it

Johnboy

Big shoes to fill for that IMO...

6× NBA champion (1991–1993, 1996–1998)
    7× NBA All-Star (1990, 1992–1997)
    NBA All-Star Game MVP (1994)
    3× All-NBA First Team (1994–1996)
    2× All-NBA Second Team (1992, 1997)
    2× All-NBA Third Team (1993, 1998)
    8× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1992–1999)
    2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1991, 2000)
    #33 Retired by the Chicago Bulls
    NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

http://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers/tag/scottie-pippen

clutch

Quote from: chevymanar on February 25, 2013, 07:41:51 am
Big shoes to fill for that IMO...

6× NBA champion (1991–1993, 1996–1998)
    7× NBA All-Star (1990, 1992–1997)
    NBA All-Star Game MVP (1994)
    3× All-NBA First Team (1994–1996)
    2× All-NBA Second Team (1992, 1997)
    2× All-NBA Third Team (1993, 1998)
    8× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1992–1999)
    2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1991, 2000)
    #33 Retired by the Chicago Bulls
    NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

http://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers/tag/scottie-pippen

Yeah way too early to say that. He has the chance and the potential to be the best High School player to ever come through Arkansas, but even that is still too early to call.

Either way, he is an amazing talent.

Something over there

Just had two of the most incredible plays I've ever seen in my life.

Had a crucial dunk and one over a 6' 5" kid from Springdale in the last 2 minutes of the game. He then hit a contested 33' buzzer beating 3 to win the game for Bville by one. It was an unbelievable game.

However, he was shut down for the majority of the game by a very good defensive guard from Springdale named DJ Evans. Bentonville was allowed to get back in the game when he got in foul trouble.

hollywood hog

Quote from: Something over there on January 28, 2014, 10:04:24 pm
Just had two of the most incredible plays I've ever seen in my life.

Had a crucial dunk and one over a 6' 5" kid from Springdale in the last 2 minutes of the game. He then hit a contested 33' buzzer beating 3 to win the game for Bville by one. It was an unbelievable game.

However, he was shut down for the majority of the game by a very good defensive guard from Springdale named DJ Evans. Bentonville was allowed to get back in the game when he got in foul trouble.

It was a hell of a game.  Springdale is pretty tough.  Evans is a heck of a player and they are just a well rounded team.  That dunk was so unexpected.  He had shot that 3-4 foot jumper all not from the block before deciding to take flight and tomahawk on that kid. 

hollywood hog

People in NWA really need to get out and watch Malik.  Great shooter.  Ridiculous crossover.  Program changer if we can land him.

Something over there

He would start for the hogs right now and hes just a sophmore..

Pigs in Space

I was at the game and it was unbelievable.  Malik is absolutely the real deal.  He had an off game shooting but he does more than score.   The overall guard play by Springdale was better than any I have seen by the Hogs all year, in fact I enjoyed watching these 2 teams go at more than any Hog game I watched this year outside Kentucky.

Arkansas WR

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Malik could have started for us last year. If you NWA guys don't watch him play it could be his last. We trying to get him back at EPC.

hollywood hog

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 28, 2014, 11:17:46 pm
Malik could have started for us last year. If you NWA guys don't watch him play it could be his last. We trying to get him back at EPC.

People in BV don't even come for the show.  It was Bulldog fans that had the place rockin.  Then Malik tore their hearts out. 

passinghog

Gotta have someone in his ear wherever he goes after this school year. Absolute must get, by any means, and I do mean by any means. The NBA doesn't care who you play for. The NBA is a global game and the University of Arkansas is big enough for any and all talents.

supersaint

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on January 28, 2014, 11:17:46 pm
My brother in law sure would appreciate this.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hollywood hog on January 28, 2014, 11:21:48 pm
People in BV don't even come for the show.  It was Bulldog fans that had the place rockin.  Then Malik tore their hearts out. 

VB was the fullest I have ever seen when they came down to play a couple of weeks ago.