Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Malik Monk

Started by cardsNhogs, December 16, 2011, 02:25:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bville_hog

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 23, 2017, 07:40:50 am
I always thought he'd be broke by age 40.  May need to revise that down to 30.

He won't make it that long now that he has Marcus and Nick spending all his money for him trying to build up their "brand".

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bville_hog on November 23, 2017, 08:33:05 am
He won't make it that long now that he has Marcus and Nick spending all his money for him trying to build up their "brand".
yep. he has to pay back for all that "hard work" marcus has put in putting him on the map lmao. Poor Leek...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

1highhog

He made his bed,  let him sleep in it.  He made the NBA and he's now rich, so there's that.  He could have done that here.

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2017, 11:04:00 am
He made his bed,  let him sleep in it.  He made the NBA and he's now rich, so there's that.  He could have done that here.

Seeing how fickle our fans are I don't blame him.
BIE

rwspear

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on November 23, 2017, 12:30:24 pm

huh? what players have we ever been 'fickle' towards? we might fly a plane of fire our AD but we support our players more than any other team in the country.

Letsroll1200

factchecker

Quote from: rwspear on November 23, 2017, 12:49:36 pm
huh? what players have we ever been 'fickle' towards? we might fly a plane of fire our AD but we support our players more than any other team in the country.

I guess you didn't see the treatment of Barford and Macon when they were contemplating entering the draft.  We had
"fans" telling them that they would be working at McDonalds instead of playing in the NBA.

Or how about the wonderful treatment that Brandon Allen received here.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SRV

Quote from: factchecker on November 23, 2017, 03:22:42 pm
I guess you didn't see the treatment of Barford and Macon when they were contemplating entering the draft.  We had
"fans" telling them that they would be working at McDonalds instead of playing in the NBA.

Hold up there factchecker......don't go throwing out a bunch of facts.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

factchecker

Quote from: bigalphahawg on November 23, 2017, 05:04:39 pm
Hold up there factchecker......don't go throwing out a bunch of facts.

I'll add that we aren't unique in this regard.  Almost every fanbase has it's ugly side of fringe but it just seems like ours can be pretty damn nasty.

90% of our fanbase is awesome, dedicated, and diehard fans.  The other 10% ruin it for everybody else.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

la20688

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2017, 11:04:00 am
This pretty much says it all.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 23, 2017, 07:05:15 am
Sounds like Clifford had to make a business decision.

I just spit my egg nog thru my nose, off the glass, nothin but peach cobbler.

Bruh.
This is my non-signature signature.

rwspear

find me a perfect fan base and ill show you a Disney movie. we have village idiots like everyone else.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on November 23, 2017, 06:04:46 am
If he came here many would be calling the coach an idiot. 

He made the choice he felt that was best for him.  I wish him well.

It's just a game bruh.
Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on November 23, 2017, 12:30:24 pm

You have been on the DEFEND MONK's defense team awefully hard lately.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

runich

Who is this Malik Monk guy, and why should I care?

Cinco de Hogo

It's hard to explain the truth to someone who has all the facts.

kiddhog

Maybe he can go to a few Kentucky auto dealership and sign some autographs for a few $$ ... because when he came to  the dealership in Paragould (a few months ago) not many people showed up. I doubt he gets the 2nd chance here .... It's all about business ... Hopefully Marcus can give him a ride.

SRV

Quote from: factchecker on November 23, 2017, 06:17:33 pm
I'll add that we aren't unique in this regard.  Almost every fanbase has it's ugly side of fringe but it just seems like ours can be pretty damn nasty.

90% of our fanbase is awesome, dedicated, and diehard fans.  The other 10% ruin it for everybody else.
Of course....people are people, no matter where they live. Our fans certainly have a lot of passion and sometimes it manifests itself in unfortunate ways.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

sigpooie

fact what? This telling kids the truth about how they would do in the draft is wrong? Bar-Mac would not have made near as much as they are going to make with some publicity like they will be getting since they both have improved over the summer. Monk is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. Ky did what they always do with a kid that good. I'm shocked espn isn't playing more of him just to piss me off. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

From Tusk Till Dawn

KJ Hill wasnt too popular for awhile but that seemed to calm down.  Austin Allen still not treated too well but they have never set his truck on fire so BA still has the advantage.

forrest city joe

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on November 23, 2017, 06:04:46 am
If he came here many would be calling the coach an idiot. 

He made the choice he felt that was best for him.  I wish him well.

It's just a game bruh.
Nope. i don't care about him. he and his brother did not care about the Razorbacks when they had their hands out to get money from KY.why should any Razorback give a crap about how he does in the NBA. i for one don't care. he could have stayed home and played for Mike Anderson. but he chose to leave and play for a crook like Cal.the hell with him and his brother.

snoot hoggy hog

Only got 3 minutes tonight. Kentucky fans are going crazy because he's not getting any playing time. Maybe he can get traded to the WOODZ ELITE All-Stars

nwahogfan1

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on November 22, 2017, 09:49:25 pm
not naming any names but some are suggesting a trip to the G-league.
https://swarmandsting.com/2017/11/19/charlotte-hornets-steve-clifford-benches-first-round-pick-malik-monk/

Bad evaluation.  Monk was not ready for the Pros but stupid NBA teams bought that he was.  Monk is fine it is the system that is missed up.  He is sitting on the bench counting his money.

IronMountainHog

Share this event 
Date And Time

Wed, Jul 17, 2019, 9:00 AM –
Fri, Jul 19, 2019, 2:00 PM CDT

Bentoville High School
1901 Southeast J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
View Map
Event description 
Malik Monk 5 Star Development Camp with NBA friends

Malik Monk 5 Star Development Camp with NBA friends (D'Aron Fox)
Date: July 17th-19th
Price: $300
Bentonville High School
Ages: 6-17
Time: 9am-2pm
Below you will find details about what each day of camp will consist of. We ask that each child bring a packed lunch each day as it will no be provided.
Stretching 9:00am-9:15am
Stations
6 stations focusing on fundamentals
Passing
Shooting

I can't believe this carpet bagger from Lepanto and his brother are still coming to our state to try to make money. $300 for this camp! If there is anyone in the NBA whose game I want my child to emulate it's certainly not Monk. I just watched channel 5 News and they were talking about how great it is he came back to Bentonville to "give back". He's not giving back if he's making a profit. For someone who couldn't wait to get out of here for college, he sure comes back a lot.

widespreadsooie

That's blatant profit motive and the News should find something else to talk about, unless they aren't providing free advertisement. Saw something for this some time back and almost lost my britches after reading the price.

hoglady

Those news people need to learn the meaning of "giving back".

He's selling a service.

A "free" camp, forming a non-profit that does something worthwhile - that's giving back.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

IronMountainHog

Malik Monk Gives Back To Bentonville Community With Basketball Camp
Andrew Scaglione
8 hours ago

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) – Malik Monk returned to his alma mater on Wednesday morning to host a 5 Star Developmental Camp. Monk and college teammate De'Aaron Fox, a current Sacramento King, instructed about 50 kids between the ages of 6-17.

LOL at a "NBA Star" getting 50 kids to come to his camp at his old high school two years removed.

hogwood

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 17, 2019, 10:48:09 pm
Share this event 
Date And Time

Bentoville High School
1901 Southeast J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
View Map
Event description 

Bentonville High School
Below you will find details about what each day of camp will consist of. We ask that each child bring a packed lunch each day as it will no be provided.
Stations
Passing
Shooting

I can't believe this carpet bagger from Lepanto and his brother are still coming to our state to try to make money. $300 for this camp! If there is anyone in the NBA whose game I want my child to emulate it's certainly not Monk. I just watched channel 5 News and they were talking about how great it is he came back to Bentonville to "give back". He's not giving back if he's making a profit. For someone who couldn't wait to get out of here for college, he sure comes back a lot.

- "with NBA friends" ... LOL!

- $300 and no lunch... LOL!

What on earth do Monk and Fox want with that $15,000 they just had to split? Get out of here.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 17, 2019, 11:10:35 pm
Malik Monk Gives Back To Bentonville Community With Basketball Camp
Andrew Scaglione
8 hours ago

BENTONVILLE (KFSM) – Malik Monk returned to his alma mater on Wednesday morning to host a 5 Star Developmental Camp. Monk and college teammate De'Aaron Fox, a current Sacramento King, instructed about 50 kids between the ages of 6-17.

LOL at a "NBA Star" getting 50 kids to come to his camp at his old high school two years removed.

50 kids sounds about right at $300 a head. Would make more if the price was lower.

UnknownNobody

Well it was Marcus that said "It's a business decision" when Malik spurned Arkansas.

As far as I'm concerned they both can take their "business decisions" back to Kentucky.

Sivad

Quote from: UnknownNobody on July 17, 2019, 11:58:21 pm
Well it was Marcus that said "It's a business decision" when Malik spurned Arkansas.

As far as I'm concerned they both can take their "business decisions" back to Kentucky.
#SendHimBack

HardingHog

On a positive note, check out what Bobby Portis is up to:

https://www.bobbyportis.com/the-foundation

He is putting on a basketball camp that only costs $20

Also, he's hosting a "celebrity All Star game" as well that has been announced as having Qualls and Hannahs playing along with Zach Lavine

UnknownNobody

Quote from: HardingHog on July 18, 2019, 03:38:34 am

Also, he's hosting a "celebrity All Star game" as well that has been announced as having Qualls and Hannahs playing along with Zach Lavine

And that's how it should be done. The Monk boys can rot.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 17, 2019, 10:48:09 pm
Share this event 
Date And Time

Bentoville High School
1901 Southeast J Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
View Map
Event description 

Bentonville High School
Stations
Passing
Shooting

Malik F*c*i*g Monk???!!! Blasphemy!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

King Kong

I'd be fine with nobody showing up

hogwood

Amen Bobby.

PonderinHog

The first thing I did when I saw this thread was to look up Bentonville, Kentucky.  There isn't one.

nwahogfan1

Malik Who??????    Who is this guy?    Why would you throw your money away kids on this nobody?

hoglady

Thanks for posting.
I will most definitely buy some tickets to that basketball game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

(notOM)Rebel123

"I feel good. I just want to see them happy and they want to see my face"....Malik Monk to KFSM.

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 18, 2019, 09:26:08 am
"I feel good. I just want to see them happy and they want to see my face"....Malik Monk to KFSM.

That statement is bull and egotistical. IF he really wanted to see them happy by letting them see his face then he wouldn't charge at all or very, very little. After all it's for the kids right. Bull.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoglady

Give me someone like Portis - all day, everyday.

Monk seems to only care about adding some change to his pocket.

tophawg19

Portis has class . it Appears Monk has to cash in on Kids to make a living . Monk can go home to Kentucky where he belongs
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

1highhog

Quote from: UnknownNobody on July 18, 2019, 03:43:53 am
And that's how it should be done. The Monk boys can rot.

You didn't complete your sentence UnknownNobody.  It's supposed to be, the Monk boys can rot in hell.

1highhog

Quote from: King Kong on July 18, 2019, 06:37:09 am
I'd be fine with nobody showing up

That's the thing about it being up in NWA though.  He can get away with doing this up in Bentonville because there are so many yankees up there, or should I say, people not from Arkansas, that they are not fans of the Razorbacks.  When some piece of crap like Malik comes to town offering to teach kids some basketball skills and some of these rich parents hear he's some NBA player they just jump on board.  They're not aware he's just a fringe NBA player.

UnknownNobody

Quote from: 1highhog on July 19, 2019, 08:56:13 am
You didn't complete your sentence UnknownNobody.  It's supposed to be, the Monk boys can rot in hell.

I was trying not to be a big meanie.  :)