Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joker Phillips rumored to be out

Started by 3BoarsDown, November 23, 2011, 01:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

at UK next week.

Mike Leach and Tim Beckman (Toledo) are names that will come up.

Spikes

I bet UM will hire him to be OC at Ohio State.
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Sivad

Breaking: Houston Dale Nutt just said that he is not interested in the Kentucky job.

hogansas

Really?  I know it was a bad year, but that's all he gets?  At Kentucky?
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

Gas Can

Quote from: Sivad on November 23, 2011, 03:03:14 pm
Breaking: Houston Dale Nutt just said that he is not interested in the Kentucky job.

Bullship

regi

.......and UK will continue to shoot for 6-6 and 7-5. They have got to recognize who they are not. They are not a football school. If they were smart, they would let Joker and Tee Martin recruit for 2 more years and if things didn't work out, at least they would have some SEC mid level talent to than make a move on a coach. Bad move if rue

Hawg Balling

Very surprising if true.  I figured they'd give him more than two years, especially since he's a former Wildcat. 

pigdog

I thought he was a good coach.  It doesn't seem like he's had time to install his program...

Tim Harris

Since he is a former wildcat and was coach in waiting for a while I thought he would get more time.  I was thinking we would only have 1 job open in the SEC this year and it looks like we could have several.

Marshfieldhog

DeltaBoy

UK has realized the Joke is on them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

catfanNar

Quote from: pigdog on November 23, 2011, 09:00:34 pm
I thought he was a good coach.  It doesn't seem like he's had time to install his program...
Getting waxed by Vanderbilt was the last straw for me personally.

ChicoHog

Rich Brooks made that program respectable and Phillips has done nothing the last two years but regress.  Maybe the cupboard was empty but Phillips was on the staff and was the "coach in waiting" so he should be responsible for the recruiting as much as Brooks was.  Leach would sell tickets there and bring back some enthusiasm like they had in the Hall Mumme days, who Leach worked with at Ga Southern I believe. 

jbcarol

Leach was on staff with Mumme when he first went to UK.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

On the eve of UK-Tennessee, Lexington has turned into Rumorville. Depending on who you believe, Joker Phillips is

(a) rock-solid to be back next year, or
(b) likely to be fired on Sunday, or
(c) resigning on Sunday, or
(d) keeping his job because Mitch Barnhart can't get anyone to take it, or
(e) keeping his job because the SEC won't let conference schools hire Mike Leach, or
(f) poised to become Charlie Strong's offensive coordinator at Louisville.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawg Balling

Quote from: jbcarol on November 25, 2011, 09:45:33 am
Leach was on staff with Mumme when he first went to UK.

Excellent point, and I figure Mike Leach is just the guy to make a program like Kentucky relevant. His personality and offense are just was UK needs. 

jbcarol

Dave Neal reported that Mitch Barnhart said he is 100% behind Joker coming back next season.

DeltaBoy

Joker and Big Blue won today vs Tinner!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChicoHog

I'm sure that saved his job if there was any doubt. 

regi

Rich Brooks didn't do as much as some think at UK, lets slow down a little. The Guys was 39-46 at Uk, he was also, 16-39 in the SEC, that is right 16-39!!!. He NEVER had a winning SEC record, his best year was 8-5 twice. Lets don't build a statue for the guy just yet.

Tee Martin and Joker are recruiting better now, than Rich Brooks ever did. UK should recall who they are and stfu and let Joker try to get that team out of SEC crap status.