Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Auburn have the worst group of QB's

Started by 3BoarsDown, October 22, 2011, 05:03:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

in the SEC?

Their offense is flat out awful, life isn't so fun for Gus without sCam.

One hit wonders.

T I G E R

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on October 22, 2011, 05:03:02 pm
in the SEC?

Their offense is flat out awful, life isn't so fun for Gus without sCam.

One hit wonders.

Worst OL in the SEC for sure. I don't think our record would be much different this year had R. Wilson not had an epiphany.

Buff

Quote from: T I G E R on October 22, 2011, 07:03:49 pm
Worst OL in the SEC for sure. I don't think our record would be much different this year had R. Wilson not had an epiphany.

You mean if some emotion of goodwill toward Auburn $tirred within him?

hoghelmet14

Im still looking for oxxies major upset.....
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on October 22, 2011, 07:08:33 pm
Im still looking for oxxies major upset.....
I think it was Miami over Georgia Tech.....oh no, wait, thats the ACC.....but Oxfugger's fingers were too fat to type it correctly.

PP

T I G E R

I think his upset special was Ole Miss, and he was looking like Nostradamus there for awhile. You guys finished like champions do though. That's a good sign going forward.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: T I G E R on October 22, 2011, 07:15:04 pm
I think his upset special was Ole Miss, and he was looking like Nostradamus there for awhile. You guys finished like champions do though. That's a good sign going forward.
did you lose a bet?  turned a leaf??  Or is this sarcasm....

PP

T I G E R

Quote from: Pulledpork on October 22, 2011, 07:41:36 pm
did you lose a bet?  turned a leaf??  Or is this sarcasm....

PP

It's realism. When you come out flat in the SEC, on the road, against a rival who has an emotional attachment to beating you (Nutt), and you come back and win, that says a lot about your club. Gained my respect for sure.

tiber

Quote from: T I G E R on October 22, 2011, 07:15:04 pm

Don't bother trying. 

Randle just scored again.

regi

October 22, 2011, 09:08:53 pm #9 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:10:29 pm by regi
Gus is losing a little luster. Without Cam, Gus is barely putting up 300 yards total offense a game and about 17 points in SEC games. Their QB situation is a mess.

If he could only play against Willy every week.

EasyB

Yup.  Gus needs to bail quickly before he is lucky to get the murray st job.

EasyB

Wait.  Wait.  Did awbarn have Cam flash cards today?  Did i see that or was i just piss drunk as usual?

hawgeathawg

Quote from: T I G E R on October 22, 2011, 07:03:49 pm

I think he would have made a difference. Ya'll need a QB in the worst way.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EasyB on October 22, 2011, 09:21:05 pm
Wait.  Wait.  Did awbarn have Cam flash cards today?  Did i see that or was i just piss drunk as usual?
that's the highlight of every game for me, whose face is on the flashcards this week, lol

PP

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Pulledpork on October 23, 2011, 11:39:12 am
that's the highlight of every game for me, whose face is on the flashcards this week, lol

PP
I enjoyed when Gary said to Verne, "I don't think the Obama offense is being very successful these last couple of plays"

T I G E R

Although we've looked pretty rough this year, I think it's important to point out that we've lost to the #1, #5 and #8 teams, all on the road, with 5 of the 24 starters from last year. Not sure any other team in the same situation would have fared any better.

Flame away.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: T I G E R on October 23, 2011, 04:40:30 pm
Although we've looked pretty rough this year, I think it's important to point out that we've lost to the #1, #5 and #8 teams, all on the road, with 5 of the 24 starters from last year. Not sure any other team in the same situation would have fared any better.

Flame away.
well, if you prosper off moral victories, you are a bit too south, that has already been claimed in Oxfart

PP

3BoarsDown

Quote from: T I G E R on October 23, 2011, 04:40:30 pm

Flame away.

Guess that means you guys aren't "upper tier."

tusksincolorado

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on October 23, 2011, 05:22:48 pm

They have a ways to go to get to their BIG BROTHER'S level.

$MU-BARN doesn't re-load.

They re-purchase.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

T I G E R

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on October 23, 2011, 05:22:48 pm

Using the definition of a team that has never tasted an SEC Championship, a BCS Championship, or even a BCS Bowl win, you are absolutely correct.

Good thing for us, most sane people don't see "upper tier" as a revolving door.

MJ2

Yes.   Frazier appears to be totally lost.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: T I G E R on October 24, 2011, 09:36:14 am
Using the definition of a team that has never tasted an SEC Championship, a BCS Championship, or even a BCS Bowl win, you are absolutely correct.

Good thing for us, most sane people don't see "upper tier" as a revolving door.

Sane people don't lump Auburn with Bama, LSU, and UF. Only homer Barners do that.

No one is claiming Arkansas is upper tier, we have a lot of work to get there. Aubie does too, a one year wonder don't put you in that category.

PoormansRobbyHampton

I like Kiehl Frazier, so I'll say that "honor" belongs to South Carolina. With no Garcia, they have a brutal second half schedule.

Ole Miss has three or four mediocre guys, but I think they'd start at Columbia.

jamie72921

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on October 24, 2011, 09:57:20 am
Sane people don't lump Auburn with Bama, LSU, and UF. Only homer Barners do that.

No one is claiming Arkansas is upper tier, we have a lot of work to get there. Aubie does too, a one year wonder don't put you in that category.

Auburn has had more undefeated seasons in the last two decades than any other school in Div I.

I don't mind the Auburn hate, but at least get it right.
Bless your heart

IronHog

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 24, 2011, 11:22:57 pm
Auburn has had more undefeated seasons in the last two decades than any other school in Div I.

They also sat at home one of those years instead of playing in the NC.

Good program?  When they buy enough players.

Elite?  Not compared to USC and OU
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

T I G E R

Boom. Roasted.

3BoarsDown

The '93 season Auburn was ineligible because they were cheating as usual, so they have 2 undefeated seasons.

Boise has 2 in the same time span, Bama has 2, Utah has 2, Nebraska has 3, Miami has 2, even Tulane has 1.

Spikes

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on October 25, 2011, 08:33:45 am
The '93 season Auburn was ineligible because they were cheating as usual, so they have 2 undefeated seasons.

Boise has 2 in the same time span, Bama has 2, Utah has 2, Nebraska has 3, Miami has 2, even Tulane has 1.

Boom.... Is that how you say Boom..

Go away War Cheater, you should worry about ole nutt this weekend, he wants to beat Gus(not as much as the hogs) but he wants to show high school up, and you can bet on that.
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

T I G E R

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on October 25, 2011, 08:33:45 am

Actually, we were ineligible for a bowl or tv, but the wins did count.

Nice try though.

Oh, and boom.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: T I G E R on October 25, 2011, 09:49:38 am

Nice try though.

Oh, and boom.

As usual, tainted seasons surround the War Eagle/Tiger/Plainsmen.

Boast all you want about a team that was bought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieX-pNMnwFE

beansandtaters

I'm still waiting on Gus to develop a good D1 QB and not simply rely on QBs who have been taught by others.

Trotter and Moseley are the closest thing we have to show what Gus can do if given time to develop a QB.

MikePiazza

kiehl frazier is the future trotter and moseley will get you nada they are not sec quarterbacks frazier at least gives you a chance with his feet and once he starts to learn how to read sec defenses  he will be decent i'm not saying he's cam but he will be do enough
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

DeltaBoy

CAM was a 1 hit wonder that prevented proper QB development for the rest of the guys on the staff.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfnHog

I think the OP failed to finish the question to the thread. It should have ended

" or fans?"
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

beansandtaters

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 25, 2011, 11:05:46 am
kiehl frazier is the future trotter and moseley will get you nada they are not sec quarterbacks frazier at least gives you a chance with his feet and once he starts to learn how to read sec defenses  he will be decent i'm not saying he's cam but he will be do enough

punctuation is your friend if you get a chance use some punctuation in your sentences it will help people make sense of what you've typed is mike piazza your favorite baseball player are you mike piazza

MikePiazza

he was but i think he died and no im not mike piazza i wish i was though that name is chalk full of win
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Dropkick

Quote from: T I G E R on October 25, 2011, 09:49:38 am

Nice try though.

Oh, and boom.

Why were you ineligible for bowls and tv?

T I G E R

Dropkick

Quote from: Dropkick on October 25, 2011, 02:06:01 pm
Why were you ineligible for bowls and tv?
Quote from: T I G E R on October 25, 2011, 03:05:50 pm
God wasn't yet ALL IN.
Was it because you got caught cheating?

I am starting to sense a pattern here................