Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Lee now blaming BYU dirty play for loss

Started by 3BoarsDown, September 09, 2011, 09:46:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

excuses abound:

"Those guys from BYU hit us low and hard and chipped bones and hyperextended knees. Watching it on tape, they looked like missiles coming in there. All three of our kids took licks, hard licks. The one Scott got hit on, he got blasted, plus Brandon and Enrique. I faced them when I was at Rice and UTEP and that's how they play - hard and aggressive." 

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on September 09, 2011, 09:46:49 am
excuses abound:

"Those guys from BYU hit us low and hard and chipped bones and hyperextended knees. Watching it on tape, they looked like missiles coming in there. All three of our kids took licks, hard licks. The one Scott got hit on, he got blasted, plus Brandon and Enrique. I faced them when I was at Rice and UTEP and that's how they play - hard and aggressive." 

Awwwww...did the little bitty black bears get picked on by those mean old mormons....
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

JackJohnson

excuses abound:

the most pathetic part of all of this is that he hasn't been at UTEP since 1993 or Rice since 2000.  What the heck does facing a team 11 years ago have to do with something that happened last week??!!

Just like hooter dale- living in the past and making excuses for their current FAILURES

jbcarol

Nutt: "It's just hard when you just have to rush things in a week's time..."

Morale victory

QuoteThere was a feeling around the Ole Miss football program after the 14-13 loss to BYU that the Rebels had done enough to win and certainly enough to feel good about themselves.

"You just hate not getting that victory, but there's nothing we can do about that one. You got to put your energy on the next task at hand. You got learn how to win. You got to learn how to finish. And make plays when you have a chance at making them."

Scott returned every punt and kick against BYU. Given that he has risen from No. 3 to No. 1 on the depth chart at running back, how much those special teams duties are taken off his plate is up for consideration.

"We'll play that by ear," Nutt said.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

95_alum

I thought Nutt said they have better eyesight? Wouldn't better eyesight help them to avoid all those cheap shots?

Mrcoolhog55

To all here on hogville net, they should not make excuses the game is over, and it was last week, each and every team has to move on.....

Razorhogs

excuses abound:

Welcome to College football.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Razorhogs on September 09, 2011, 11:30:22 am
Welcome to College football.

Not true.  The dirty Mormons had blatant plays where the grabbed the ball carrier and "tackled" him to the ground.  They also hit the QB as he was looking to throw the ball.  This caused him to lose the ball and BYU picked it up, and in an unprecedented moved, ran it back the other way.  Then the refs made up this thing called a "touchdown."  So many things about that seemed fishy.  I mean, they stopped thw Wild Rebel.  How could they do all of this without cheating?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

Hogdude72

excuses abound:

HOW DARE THEM PLAY HARD AND AGGRESSIVE!! That's not how we play football here at Ole Miss.

Justifiable Hogicide

excuses abound:

David Lee: "I faced them when I was at Rice and UTEP and that's how they play - hard and aggressive."
How cruel to subject Nutt/Lee's boys who did not hit all pre-season to that type of playing.

IronHog

excuses abound:

BYU v. OM pales compared to the Hitting among the top SEC West teams.

Auburn v. LSU normally is very brutal......Auburn might not have a full team by midseason based on what we saw v Utah St.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HF_Mudd

Those mormons come at your knees so fast, it just messes you up.

Amen
And so it is, my friend....