Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Bear QB's threw 5 straight INT's

Started by 3BoarsDown, August 08, 2011, 11:53:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

in scrimmage work over the weekend.

I expect Nutt will be taking over play calling any day now, he had to be going at his fingernails.

Mr. Hughes

"This is where you miss a Jevan Snead. Miss him."

How can this Brunetti kid be the #1? Wasn't Mackey supposed to be the next guy after Masoli & Stanley left? I can't imagine having a transfer come in and be your instant starter, but it's the norm for Nutt & the Black Bears.

When the season starts, I will be curious to see if the QB situation ends up being as bad as it appears to be on paper.

HoginIllinois

Sounds like retread needs to make a trip to the Home Depot.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on August 08, 2011, 11:53:30 am

I expect Nutt will be taking over play calling any day now, he had to be going at his fingernails.

Now that's impossible.  Now way they throw 5 Int's with all that brilliant coaching.  Your information must be wrong. (sarcasm off)  Lee may need to break out the ladders again.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

cooper47

Haven't you heard. They are changing their name from the BB's to the Owls with a new cheer to go along with it.

NOT WORTH A HOOT!
NOT WORTH A HOOT!
NOT WORTH A HOOT!  HOOOOOOOTIE!!!!

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: cooper47 on August 08, 2011, 03:45:14 pm
Haven't you heard. They are changing their name from the BB's to the Owls with a new cheer to go along with it.

NOT WORTH A HOOT!
NOT WORTH A HOOT!
NOT WORTH A HOOT!  HOOOOOOOTIE!!!!

A couple thousand people from McGehee are pissed at you right now... (i find it quite amusing, as I am not from McGehee)
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

havok

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on August 08, 2011, 11:53:30 am

So you are saying The Dork's Offense is coming along as expected.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Razorback7281

I call BS on this.  No way that the bears threw more than 3 passes in a scrimmage.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Porkerpower

And how can you expect your DB's to develop when all you ever work against is the Hottie passing attack?

They're not even a decent SEC football team.

lol!!!!

The black bears will be the joke of the SEC. 

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The Boar War

Quote from: Jack The BN on August 08, 2011, 02:21:45 pm
I remember being at practice a day or so before the 2008 Cotton Bowl. Lee had the nets out and Casy Dick was using them to work on his accuracy.

McFadden got in on the action, then Peyton Hillis tried his hand at it, it didn't go so well. I remember thinking that the atmosphere of the practice seemed more like a goof off session, than a practice. Later on I reasoned that it must have been the reason that so many talented players lost the game.

Flashback to me on a cold, windy Dallas morning wondering how we could be losing to a team with much less talent and a fat quarterback to boot.  It all makes perfect sense now.

Sivad

The great David "Retread" Lee shining through the gloom clouds surrounding Oxford.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Rzbakfromwaybak

August 09, 2011, 12:39:50 am #14 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:25:30 am by Rzbakfromwaybak
Sounds like a great passing attack they have going.......another Heisman QB candidate being churned out there at Oxford......
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

August 09, 2011, 12:48:19 am #15 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:01:43 am by Rzbakfromwaybak
Heard there should have been 6 straight.........defensive back dropped the last one.......was getting tired of running them all back

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

SquidBilly

Those DBs were out there flying around.  Just what you want to see Chuck.  Some really special kids right there. 

OTTER

Definitely another National Championship under construction!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

GeneKeadysRug

Those interceptions happened so fast it just messed you up.

FAABrad

Hootie actually allowed 5 plays in a row to be passes?  I find that hard to believe.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: FAABrad on August 09, 2011, 01:29:40 pm
Hootie actually allowed 5 plays in a row to be passes?  I find that hard to believe.

Chuck there is 3 things that can happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are bad. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Polecat

I wonder if Hootie called those plays, brotha
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Capt_Marvel

It said 5 passes in a row were intercepted.  Meaning, the only five pass plays all day were all intercepted.  So, interception, (run up the middle x 3), punt, wild hog, er cat, er Rebel, er bear, then run up the middle x 3 again, punt, repeat...

Although, five passes in a Nutt-led scrimmage is pretty dubious as well.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Gosh, we kept telling our QBs to not turn it over, having that ball is so precious but they kept throwing it into coverage.

Tigaman

To be fair, it is pretty confusing to have a player that will play both WR and DB. They probably were confusing him for a WR while he was playing DB. ;)

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Bet it's been 50 years since that happened! 50 Years! 50!
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

farmhawg

They just don't understand what is expected of them...
From theflyinghog

jkstock04

I'll tell ya Chuck...we were just giving away too many gifts out there today, too many gifts.  This is where you really miss a Jevon Snead. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

LOL...I remember when our offense absolutely sucked during practice as well.  We all rationalized that by saying it just takes the offense a lot longer to catch up to the defense cause there is so much more to learn. 

YA...Nutt's offense is real hard to learn.  Nutt's MO is to have a very simple, conservative offense with minimal mistakes and a stout defense to constantly bail out the team.  Huggers back in the day would argue it was virtually impossible to have a football team with both a good offense AND defense.  LOL...I beg to differ. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

farmhawg

I thank God everyday that that jackass is not here....
From theflyinghog

Speedracer

Gawd this brings back bad memories.....gives me the shivers
Like smites bother me.

hognc2010

I want for OM to suffer losses like we did against USC.

Calling All Hogs

It sounds like Hootie's been working one on one with the QBs quite a bit. 

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 09, 2011, 02:22:04 pm
Chuck there is 3 things that can happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are bad. 

There is only one thing that can happen to a QB under Nutt's development.

fearless_leader

Par for the course at QB with the Nutter.

It'd be an interesting (and fun) study to look up how inexperienced his QB's have historically been, with regards for time in his "system".

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: hognc2010 on August 10, 2011, 09:57:22 am
I want for OM to suffer losses like we did against USC.

-1 for the memory   ;)
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

blyhog

Quote from: fearless_leader on August 10, 2011, 06:35:23 pm
Par for the course at QB with the Nutter.

It'd be an interesting (and fun) study to look up how inexperienced his QB's have historically been, with regards for time in his "system".

That would be a good fact to check up on,you know I get so sick of the how we one games we shouldnt have crap with Nuttster here,look at the record and the only teams I could recall beating on the road were the ones we should have won except the occasional wins over Texas or Auburn on the road

Jdub

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: CallMeHog on August 10, 2011, 03:42:46 pm
There is only one thing that can happen to a QB under Nutt's development.
Yep. Only one thing after they're coached by the QB Killa.

fearless_leader

The thing is we were NEVER really settled at QB but for his first year.

In 99 ULM got to within 14 or whatever late in the 3rd, Nutter reinserted Stoerner who then got hurt, and we were done. 

In 2000 it was Robbie Hampton, who was awful.  Then John Rutledge from the IM fields! 
In 2001 it was worse with Ryan Sorahan, Tarvaris Jackson, Zak Clark, and Matt Jones.
Then in 02-04 it was Jones playing out of position and poorly coached plus intermittent others
Then 05-06-07 was Casey Dick, Nathan Dick, Robert Johnson, Mitch Mustain, Alex Mortonsen, and probably others.

There was never any real continuity, never any development of underclassmen to get them ready to play, constant indecision about who was going to start or play or get the majority of practice snaps with the 1's this week - and it cost us game after game after game.

Sort of like how Nutter had a never-ending revolving door of DC's, the worst to this day I believe is Dave Wommack.

John Thompson knew some stuff, but Wommack didn't know jack.  He'd get burned by opposing slot receivers over and over and over again while Hal Mumme just toyed with him.

SPAL

Quote from: fearless_leader on August 11, 2011, 07:34:09 am
The thing is we were NEVER really settled at QB but for his first year.

In 99 ULM got to within 14 or whatever late in the 3rd, Nutter reinserted Stoerner who then got hurt, and we were done. 

In 2000 it was Robbie Hampton, who was awful.  Then John Rutledge from the IM fields! 
In 2001 it was worse with Ryan Sorahan, Tarvaris Jackson, Zak Clark, and Matt Jones.
Then in 02-04 it was Jones playing out of position and poorly coached plus intermittent others
Then 05-06-07 was Casey Dick, Nathan Dick, Robert Johnson, Mitch Mustain, Alex Mortonsen, and probably others.

There was never any real continuity, never any development of underclassmen to get them ready to play, constant indecision about who was going to start or play or get the majority of practice snaps with the 1's this week - and it cost us game after game after game.

Sort of like how Nutter had a never-ending revolving door of DC's, the worst to this day I believe is Dave Wommack.

John Thompson knew some stuff, but Wommack didn't know jack.  He'd get burned by opposing slot receivers over and over and over again while Hal Mumme just toyed with him.

You forgot about Gerald Howard. He was in there somewhere.

iluvmyslute89

can some one explain why people on here refer to ole miss as the black bears thiought they was them thar rebels

razorbackkid

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on August 12, 2011, 02:48:48 am
can some one explain why people on here refer to ole miss as the black bears thiought they was them thar rebels
It seems the nickname "Rebels" offended a few folks and thus became politically incorrect.
Much like the "Indians"......
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Nutt had 10 years at Arkansas to develop a QB and never developed even one.  Except for Matt jones, every QB actually fell off year after year in my opinion.  Jones was a freak of nature playing out of position who most usually didn't know what he might do until the time arrived, meaning even though Hootie called yet another dumb play Jones would just attempt to run it and then break the play and scramble for yards, someitmes many yards.  Same with Nutt's stupid pass plays.  Jones would just line them up and do whatever he felt the situation called for after the snap.  Houston Nutt was/is the dumbest college coach I have ever watched head coach a team.  In fact, I can honestly say my high school coaches knew and displayed more ability than Nutt.  Nutt was/is so dumb he can't see he is the problem.  Nutt would still be at Arkansas had he been just smart enough to keep his mouth shut and let the assistants do the coaching and let him do the glad handing, kissing babies, and handing out ballons. This idiot has about run his course, I believe.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 12, 2011, 01:30:56 am
You forgot about Gerald Howard. He was in there somewhere.

Yep. Went in the UNLV game and tried to run the option, which is fine but he's smaller than me.