Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This should tell you how those around the league feel about Cam

Started by 3BoarsDown, July 01, 2011, 07:22:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

PeabodyHawg

The Huntsville Times has become nothing but a "rag" and McCarter is a joke.  He's become the main Sports reporter due to attrition (death of Easterling, retirement of Pruitt, etc.).  He was a decent NASCAR reporter, but they now have him writing everything from Front Page to the Society Column.

I do think its fitting that the SEC AD's refused to give little Cecil another award.  As Chizik's book's titled "All In". :puke:

hawgeathawg

This was done by people who are privy to more info than the "blatant speculation and unfounded allegations" than we message board folks get. That alone is very telling.

Edit: by the astronomical rate of increase in my smite count over the past couple of weeks, looks like I've touched a nerve with someone.

+1 for me.

hoghiker

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on July 01, 2011, 07:55:30 am
The Huntsville Times has become nothing but a "rag" and McCarter is a joke.  He's become the main Sports reporter due to attrition (death of Easterling, retirement of Pruitt, etc.).  He was a decent NASCAR reporter, but they now have him writing everything from Front Page to the Society Column.

I do think its fitting that the SEC AD's refused to give little Cecil another award.  As Chizik's book's titled "All In". :puke:

The sports piece reads like a typical sports writers take on the situation to me. He use some humor, some opinion, some facts and made a point. I'm not saying the guy should be up for a Pulitzer, but it was a credible effort.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: hoghiker on July 01, 2011, 08:45:31 am
The sports piece reads like a typical sports writers take on the situation to me. He use some humor, some opinion, some facts and made a point. I'm not saying the guy should be up for a Pulitzer, but it was a credible effort.
My negative critique was not so much for the writer as just my rant against the HSV Times in general.  My wife has to hear this daily and as she says "you don't have to subscribe".  I'm just too used to reading my morning paper on the deck before work, I guess. :)

kingofdequeen

Tylerhog

When they give back the other trophy would he have had to give that one back to??? If so, Cecil just saved some of his 200K on freight charges!

Hogdude72

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on July 01, 2011, 07:22:14 am
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/07/cam_newton_isnt_secs_athlete_o.html
Well it's very unfortunate the ADs didn't take into account that they didn't take into account that SCam was no doubt the highest paid in the league. That has to count for something!

BigSexyHog

Its called Karma $cam.  Deal with it you worthless POS
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Steef

I'd be surprised (stunned) if he cared. At all.

His check from Charlotte has no doubt cleared the bank by now.

He's busy spending it.

hoghiker

Quote from: steefhog on July 01, 2011, 02:07:55 pm
I'd be surprised (stunned) if he cared. At all.

His check from Charlotte has no doubt cleared the bank by now.

He's busy spending it.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: hawgeathawg on July 01, 2011, 07:56:22 am
This was done by people who are privy to more info than the "blatant speculation and unfounded allegations" than we message board folks get. That alone is very telling.

Edit: by the astronomical rate of increase in my smite count over the past couple of weeks, looks like I've touched a nerve with someone.

+1 for me.
+1 FOR YOU the words "media, reporter, journalist, and paparazzi" are just fancy names for spies

Hogdude72

No doubt those clowns down on the "plains" will blame this all on jealousy. Never believe for a second the ADs don't know the real scoop on the SCam issue.

Oxbaker

Maybe that guy was just a heck of a tennis player.  Can't win them all.  I guess Cam will have to be satisfied with his Heisman and being the number one draft pick.  I'm sure he would trade it all for the SEC Male Athlete of the Year award though.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: Oxbaker on July 06, 2011, 05:10:47 pm
Maybe that guy was just a heck of a tennis player.  Can't win them all.  I guess Cam will have to be satisfied with his Heisman and being the number one draft pick.  I'm sure he would trade it all for the SEC Male Athlete of the Year award though.

I'll be honest, I laughed.

hoghiker

Quote from: Oxbaker on July 06, 2011, 05:10:47 pm
Not to be picky, okay I will be, this thread is not how Cam felt about not getting the award, rather about how his SEC peers felt toward Cam which is reflected, hey you,we're not giving you this award. I doubt anyone voting thought Cam cared, one way or the other, but was simply an honest expression of how they felt about Cam. This is the point of the post. Just sayin.

870hogfan

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 06, 2011, 10:41:50 pm
Scam will be out of the NFL in 5 years...

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 06, 2011, 11:43:34 pm
2011's Vincent Young/Jamal Russell clone.

he'll be better than them.  don't care how unpopular that opinion is. 

hawgeathawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 06, 2011, 11:49:24 pm

Yeah. But that's not saying very much.

PoormansRobbyHampton

I thought Vince would be half decent and still may be, but he's on his last chance. I agree though, Cam was a better passer than Vince and more athletic than Jamarcus in my opinion. I don't see him being worse for any reason.

songofthesword

vince is an NfL QB. maybe not 3rd pick overall QB but he's an NFL QB and will make a long living as a NFL QB.

Russell is a CFL QB

870hogfan

Vince is a pretty decent QB he did win Rookie of the year and has a winning record. But he is very selfish.