Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gunter Brewer...

Started by 3BoarsDown, January 17, 2011, 09:02:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

rumor that he will be the new WR coach at Ole Miss when Nutt cans Kim Dameron.

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brewer_gunter00.html

3BoarsDown

footballscoop FootballScoop Staff

FootballScoop has confirmed that Oklahoma State wide receivers coach Gunter Brewer has accepted the wide receivers job at Ole Miss.

OTTER

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on January 19, 2011, 09:53:36 am
footballscoop FootballScoop Staff

FootballScoop has confirmed that Oklahoma State wide receivers coach Gunter Brewer has accepted the wide receivers job at Ole Miss.

I hope he's good at teaching downfield blocking techniques 'cause that's all Ole Miss receivers get to do.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

jbcarol

The official title for Billy's son is Passing Game Coordinator/Receivers Coach.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quotebe in the homes of prominent in-state receivers by Thursday night.

G. Brewer
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brewer: will replace Ron Dickerson Jr.

QuoteBilly Brewer was 67-56-3 as the Ole Miss coach from 1983 to 1993. In 1999, Brewer sued the university for breach of contract for firing him five years earlier in the midst of a NCAA investigation. A Lafayette County jury sided with Brewer and awarded him $221,355 — about a tenth of what he had sought in damages.

Gunter Brewer said that never affected his thoughts about Ole Miss. "For me, it's something that's way in the past and been buried for a long time," he said.

go hogues

How the heck did Nutt pull that off?
Isn't Gunter renowned for coaching WR's and recruiting? He's going to get very frustrated at Ole Piss.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

RAF

Like jbcarol said, part of his official title is "passing coordinator".  I didn't know such a thing existed.

Maybe Nutt is trying to set up the "too many cooks" excuse for when he inevitably starts calling the plays again about 2 games into the season.

willyacs

Should be an easy job there. If you never throw, coaching the receivers can't be that hard and nobody would expect anything out of them, so he could be there as long as Nutt is. Oh, that may not be too long.

Dwight_K_Shrute

This will be trouble for Nutt.  Not because Brewer is a bad coach or a bad seed, but Brewer is not a part of the MSM and has some ties to OM since he got his masters there and his father coached there.  When a passing game fails to develop Nutt will not be able to just throw Brewer under the bus, although it will be entertaining to see him try.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

56Hog

January 19, 2011, 09:59:55 pm #10 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:02:19 pm by 56Hog
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 19, 2011, 05:00:33 pm
This will be trouble for Nutt.  Not because Brewer is a bad coach or a bad seed, but Brewer is not a part of the MSM and has some ties to OM since he got his masters there and his father coached there.  When a passing game fails to develop Nutt will not be able to just throw Brewer under the bus, although it will be entertaining to see him try.

Uh-huh.  This almost smells like the OM PTB gave Dale a very short short-list to pick from.

Anyway, it does unite two of the greatest coaching legends of the SEC.  In the entire history of the SEC only three coaches survived more than a decade without either winning at least one conference championship or being run out of the conference:

Billy Brewer - 11 years
Jackie Sherrill - 13 years
Houston Dale Nutt - 13 years and going for the all time futility record this September.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

jbcarol

Brewer the Younger, on Nutt: "He reached out, and I reached out also."

EasyB

I love how the spineless moron hires people without having the guts to fire the current position coaches.  He just lets them figure it out like Gus had to do.  I mean really this man is garbage?

Also, hiring the son of a man who sued the university?  What a dumba$$ move?

pigbacon

Quote from: EasyB on January 20, 2011, 12:17:20 pm
I love how the spineless moron hires people without having the guts to fire the current position coaches.  He just lets them figure it out like Gus had to do.  I mean really this man is garbage?

Also, hiring the son of a man who sued the university?  What a dumba$$ move?

Who has Nutt ever actually fired? Someone please name them.