Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chief Osceola....Tony Steward?

Started by 3BoarsDown, December 17, 2010, 09:34:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

Steward was set to visit Auburn this weekend but has cancelled as I'm sure you know.

I was told that the Auburn coaches did something that really turned him off and that it may have been a big mistake by them.

Any idea what it was?

Chief_Osceola

Not sure what happened.  I can ask around and probably find out though.  I don't think they ever had a real shot anyway; he's been a pretty heavy Nole lean for a long time.

ListenHereMister

Chief_Osceola

Still haven't heard anything.  Any unconfirmed rumor gets squashed pretty quickly at Warchant.  All I know is that when other coaches have visited, Mrs. Steward fixes sandwiches.  When the FSU coaches visit, she cooks meals.

In other news, it looks like Nick Waisome switched his commitment from UF to FSU.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on December 20, 2010, 11:17:30 pm
Still haven't heard anything.  Any unconfirmed rumor gets squashed pretty quickly at Warchant.  All I know is that when other coaches have visited, Mrs. Steward fixes sandwiches.  When the FSU coaches visit, she cooks meals.

In other news, it looks like Nick Waisome switched his commitment from UF to FSU.

FSU is killing it in recruiting.

Huds_HawgTide

would rather them go out of conf. then have to play against them...would be like a wet dream come ttrue just to get him to visit the hill
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on December 17, 2010, 09:34:44 am
I was told that the Auburn coaches did something that really turned him off and that it may have been a big mistake by them.

Waving a big bag of cash doesn't work with every single recruit.

Tigris Maximus

Without posting articles from pay sites, the Auburn Rivals site has an interview with Steward up today.  He said the visit in home with Auburn coaches went well and he liked them.  He wasn't able to come on his planned visit because of his sister being ill and him having to have knee surgery (he discovered he had an ACL tear when he went to have his knee scoped).  He's going to try to schedule another visit before the end of January.

Sounds like a long shot especially since we seem to be getting in late, but if he visits, who knows?

Chief_Osceola

Tony's mom likes the FSU staff the best, we've been on him longer than any other school in the mix, and he just happened to visit during the Clemson and Florida games, which was a huge plus for us.  He isn't supposed to announce until NSD, but he may very well announce at the AA game.  He obviously can't play, but he still has the invite so he'll be there. 

It looks like it will come down to us and Clemson, but I'd be shocked if he ends up anywhere other than Tallahassee.