Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muschamp to Florida

Started by 3BoarsDown, December 11, 2010, 06:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

RD

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on December 11, 2010, 07:14:18 pm
This is awful news.  Defense wins championships.  Muschamp and Saban are going to make this a very tough league to win.
LOL yes his defense was quite scary this year.

Beantown Razahback

Muschamp should be more scared of our offense under Petrino than we should be of Florida's defense under him. Believe that

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Cure on December 11, 2010, 06:35:15 pm
They'll take Gruden before they take Muschamp.

Gruden isn't theirs to take.
Let's make some waves.

Torqued pork

Muschamp may turn out to be the greatest HC ever, but if I'm a Gator fan I'm asking myself what has Muschamp done to be worthy of coaching my Gators.

missippihog

Unbelieveable. That's got to be the most downer hire ever.

VictoryRedChevy

What a strange hire. Slim pickin's?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: missippihog on December 11, 2010, 07:19:18 pm
Unbelieveable. That's got to be the most downer hire ever.

Ahem.  Houston Nutt to Ole Miss.  I rest my case.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

SpineHog

the florida boards are imploding.  i guess they all watched a texas game or two this year too.  love it!

RD

I'd be concerned, that Florida is going to probably go after Malzhan as OC as well. Foley is putting the "Dream Team" together.

dhornjr1

Boarford T. Justice

Genius timing....Free publicity during the Heisman Award show, basically stealing the show since the award is a forgone conclusion.  Plus presser to follow....so much for 30 for 30 and the Pony Excess.

Well played.
#FreeMarquel

apcapri

Tweet from @ChipBrownOB: Orangebloods.com has also been able to confirm that Will Muschamp will be the next head coach at Florida. #hookem #longhorns

New Pig In Town

December 11, 2010, 07:23:34 pm #63 Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:33:39 pm by mtip
And shaggybevo is freaking out.  Love it:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/78859-BON-says-Florida-is-reaching-out-to-Muschamp

The good stuff starts at page 3 when they realize its coming true.  NSFW for language.

Razorbacks#1

Would have never thought this.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

daBoar

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on December 11, 2010, 06:09:20 pm
he's on the plane
Nice call......gonna be interesting against UGA.

hog.goblin

apcapri

Tweet from @mortreport: Can confirm that Will Muschamp will be next Florida coach. Met with AD Jeremy Foley in Austin today, offered, accepted

Oklahawg

Quote from: Fort Dweller on December 11, 2010, 07:21:03 pm
Ahem.  Houston Nutt to Ole Miss.  I rest my case.

Ahem. Houston Nutt to Arkansas. Now we can rest our case.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rljjr

Quote from: apcapri on December 11, 2010, 07:23:23 pm
Tweet from @ChipBrownOB: Orangebloods.com has also been able to confirm that Will Muschamp will be the next head coach at Florida. #hookem #longhorns

There's a guy on that site that said, "I'm channeling my inner Calista Flockhart." Oh man, that's good. They're in total meltdown after total denial. At least they've quickly reached stage two of grief!

Spider-Pig

Quote from: RD on December 11, 2010, 07:21:11 pm
I'd be concerned, that Florida is going to probably go after Malzhan as OC as well. Foley is putting the "Dream Team" together.

Next stop for Gus will be head coach somewhere

Torqued pork

I bet there are some Horn fans who are more relieved than disappointed.

ballhog™

What an underwhelming hire...I think a lot of schools in the sec are breathing a sigh of relief.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Killean

Ironic..

Arkansas passed over Muschamp for Petrino.

Florida settled for Muschamp because they couldn't get Petrino.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Cure

Touche, but goodness, why did so many pass on this gig.. 4 were in discussion.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

OKC

He will probably do a good job, but there are no guarantees when hiring a HC with no HC'ing experience. Also will be interesting to see how Texas fairs after losing him.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hognc2010

Gus better call Vandy asap as the dominos are not falling like he was hoping they would
He is going to be the fall guy on this NCAA if he sticks around.
NO PROOF

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 11, 2010, 07:27:05 pm
Ahem. Houston Nutt to Arkansas. Now we can rest our case.

Touche old man.  Touche.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Arkapigdiesel

Per Finebaum's tweet 2 minutes ago: "Coach Muschamp is someone we targeted from the beginning and he is the guy we wanted.'' Florida AD Jeremy Foley.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Torqued pork

December 11, 2010, 07:36:30 pm #81 Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 07:40:01 pm by Bubbaswinestein
I don't know if Florida hires Malzahn as OC, but whomever they hire had better be okay with hearing the F bomb a lot. Muschamp can be a madman.

VictoryRedChevy

Basically, Muschamp just told Texas that the Florida HC job is a better gig than the Texas HC job.

hawgeathawg

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on December 11, 2010, 07:17:39 pm
Muschamp should be more scared of our offense under Petrino than we should be of Florida's defense under him. Believe that

Yes.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on December 11, 2010, 07:35:50 pm
Per Finebaum's tweet 2 minutes ago: "Coach Muschamp is someone we targeted from the beginning and he is the guy we wanted.'' Florida AD Jeremy Foley.

Translation:  Muschamp was tired of waiting in line behind the mental midget Mack Brown, and we couldn't get Stoops, Petrino, Harbaugh, or anyone else who wanted to be micromanaged by Urban Meyer.

Or is my German a little rusty?

PLAYBOAR

I personally think this is good news for Hog fans.  I was afraid they'd hire an experienced winner like Stoops or Kelly. 

We'll beat up on Florida for years now while Muschamp establishes himself. 
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

VictoryRedChevy

Quote from: Fort Dweller on December 11, 2010, 07:38:23 pm
Translation:  Muschamp was tired of waiting in line behind the mental midget Mack Brown, and we couldn't get Stoops, Petrino, Harbaugh, or anyone else who wanted to be micromanaged by Urban Meyer.

Or is my German a little rusty?
Spot on!

Boarford T. Justice

#FreeMarquel

Brian the Turrible

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on December 11, 2010, 07:14:18 pm
This is awful news.  Defense wins championships.  Muschamp and Saban are going to make this a very tough league to win.
Did you miss the sarcasm button? Oregon and Auburn couldn't combine their Defenses and stop either one of their offenses, yet one of them will win the national championship.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

3kgthog

What a bad hire. That guy is too emotional to be a great head coach. You want a guy to be fired up, but not so fired up that he's going to screw the pooch when he's got to make the big decision with the clock winding down. Perfect example: Houston Nutt

I'm glad they had to settle, though. No one would want Urban Meyer lurking in the shadows and probably second guessing their every move. Besides, how do you live up to two recent national championships? I'm sure a bunch of people said "screw that".

conwaycarl

Makes you wonder how many coaches said thanks but no thanks?

3BoarsDown

Quote from: daBoar on December 11, 2010, 07:23:44 pm
Nice call......gonna be interesting against UGA.

Gracias, there are always doubters when you post stuff.

Just like Aubies that doubt the hammer is going to fall on them.

EnemyOfMojo

Muschamp is a good coach. The Texas D was still top ten this year. He's got a national title as a DC. This is a good hire.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Spider-Pig on December 11, 2010, 07:12:23 pm
How far was he on UF's list ,I wonder

thinking the same thing.  He couldn't have been in the top 5 or 6 but I'm sure those 5 or 6 didn't want Meyer looking over their shoulder.   It's amazing that the school that has sent so many assistants on to HC's gigs hired one themselves. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Porkus Maximus

okhogfan6

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 11, 2010, 07:46:43 pm
thinking the same thing.  He couldn't have been in the top 5 or 6 but I'm sure those 5 or 6 didn't want Meyer looking over their shoulder.   It's amazing that the school that has sent so many assistants on to HC's gigs hired one themselves. 

According to Chris Low's source claims he was the only coach they interviewed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5910011

Chris Frye

If I'm not mistaken, when Nutt was taking this program through Hell, I remember Muschamp's name coming up several times to replace him as Arkansas HC.  He was a hot commodity at Auburn and Texas.  He wasn't waiting another 5-7-10 years before Mack Brown retires.  He's too good of a coordinator to just sit back and wait.  He's ready to be a HC.  Florida hit a Home Run with this hire.   

Boarcephus

Quote from: okhogfan6 on December 11, 2010, 07:51:05 pm
According to Chris Low's source claims he was the only coach they interviewed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5910011

May have been the only one they actually "interviewed" but I feel confident he was not the first one Foley called when UM left.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.