Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gus talk in Colorado...

Started by 3BoarsDown, October 25, 2010, 10:54:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Penn St. after Jo Pa leaves or Dame after Kelly is canned.

superior_wang

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 31, 2010, 11:54:33 am
but neither is likely to happen next season , and  Gus will jump while the iron is hot

Torqued pork

October 31, 2010, 12:34:18 pm #52 Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 12:51:26 pm by Bubbaswinestein
Going from being Auburn's OC for all of two or three years to head coach at Notre Dame or Penn St. would be a GIANT leap.

WOODSHOG

Gus stays put until he wears a nation championship ring (which may not be long). Right now it's not about the money or the title.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: WOODSHOG on October 31, 2010, 01:24:48 pm
Gus stays put until he wears a nation championship ring (which may not be long). Right now it's not about the money or the title.

You don't think he would settle for a Western Division ring?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 31, 2010, 01:31:11 pm

Now that's a zinger!  +1!   But remember, it's a western division "Championship" ring.

the 1 and only

Gus to Colorado.
would be a good move .
Head coach exp till he comes here
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

Tammany Tom

Believe it or not, but there is some serious talk amongst insiders that Les Miles to Colorado actually has legs too. If LSU loses to Bama this week, the talk will get even louder. The marriage between LSU and Miles is very, very bad. However, firing a coach with a great W-L record is not an easy, politically correct thing to do. So, a lot of big time boosters would love nothing more than for Miles to leave LSU for another job. Miles is certainly getting the cold shoulder treatment by a lot of power brokers in LA to make his decision to leave an easier one for him.

Personally, I think Colorado should do everything in their power to hire Malzahn. I think he is a great OC regardless of the talents of Cam Newton.
However, I would absolutely love nothing more than for Colorado to hire Miles at the end of the season.

Hogs-n-Roses

:)
Quote from: Tammany Tom on October 31, 2010, 04:37:45 pm
Believe it or not, but there is some serious talk amongst insiders that Les Miles to Colorado actually has legs too. If LSU loses to Bama this week, the talk will get even louder. The marriage between LSU and Miles is very, very bad. However, firing a coach with a great W-L record is not an easy, politically correct thing to do. So, a lot of big time boosters would love nothing more than for Miles to leave LSU for another job. Miles is certainly getting the cold shoulder treatment by a lot of power brokers in LA to make his decision to leave an easier one for him.

Personally, I think Colorado should do everything in their power to hire Malzahn. I think he is a great OC regardless of the talents of Cam Newton.
However, I would absolutely love nothing more than for Colorado to hire Miles at the end of the season.
Be careful TT your using logic and that isn't liked amongst the GM haters.

HamIAm

Not to get into a political/religious debate, but exactly how does "Focus on the Family" qualify as psycopathic?  The definition I find says "A person with an antisocial personality disorder, especially one manifested in perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior."  I fail to see where "Focus on the Family" meets any of those criteria.

Quote from: superior_wang on October 25, 2010, 11:45:32 am
btw , they have christians out here too! and if you are a right wing  psychopath ,  focus on the family is down in the springs...quite a commute to boulder though.

WOODSHOG

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 31, 2010, 01:31:11 pm

Don't think that get's it done for him. SECC ring, possibly....

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

The CU job is not the plum everyone may think.  Area is nice, job likely pays well, but the area doesn't back the football team well.  Hawkins is not an idiot.  He was doing well at Boise or he would have never been offered the CU job.  Barnett wasn't an idiot either.  He did well at Northwestern or he wouldn't have been offered the CU job either.  CU isn't a good football school at this time. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: jmark on October 31, 2010, 07:04:46 pm
gus could recruit at LSU.

huey long's long dead corpse could recruit to LSU.

superior_wang

Quote from: HamIAm on October 31, 2010, 05:03:33 pm
Not to get into a political/religious debate, but exactly how does "Focus on the Family" qualify as psycopathic?  The definition I find says "A person with an antisocial personality disorder, especially one manifested in perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior."  I fail to see where "Focus on the Family" meets any of those criteria.

Perhaps psychopathic wasnt the best word. How bout  this : If you are on the extreme right, and find that it is your business to  correct everyone to your liking, perhaps you could join up with Focus on the Family , which is based in Colorado Springs. That better?

Hogs12

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 31, 2010, 11:54:33 am

Al Golden is most likely the next coach at PSU.