Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saban has banned NFL scouts from Bama camp

Started by 3BoarsDown, August 10, 2010, 05:14:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

Bpig

I sure hope this negatively affects his recruiting.

jbcarol

August 11, 2010, 08:51:47 am #2 Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:27:57 pm by jbcarol
The Tuscaloosa News is reporting today that Urban Meyer is following suit. 

But they were misinformed or misinforming.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Lakerhog

That's kind of unfair to the players. I know that Saban is trying to make a stance on this whole "NFL" thing, but he's hurting his players chances to get drafted higher, or in some cases, drafted at all.

jbcarol

One wag noted that Slive should make the SEC band together and no team allow any scouts to visit so that no team could use this as a recruiting advantage.

I'm sure the other conferences would not take advantange of that.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Apparently Coach communicated thru the site NFL teams use to coordinate campus visits, that their presence would no longer be welcome at Bama.

jbcarol

Quote"I'm sure there's a good reason he's doing this, but I don't think scouts are the problem," Brandt said. "I think deep down Nick knows the scouts aren't at fault. There's a good many scouts I think he respects and is very pleased to be their acquaintance." Added Gil Brandt with a laugh, "What they'll do is go to Terry (Saban's wife) to get a scouting report."

www.al

jbcarol

Late word that Saban will allow the NFL scouts to return after the conclusion of fall camp when it is not as hot.