Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The state of Arkansas is down in talent this year"

Started by 3BoarsDown, June 28, 2010, 03:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olemissbydamn

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 07, 2010, 08:53:03 am
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=255013.msg3750647#msg3750647

QuoteIF Ole Miss wins this year, it will be no different than any of our other losses.  They better get their wins in this year because it isn't going to be as easy to get them against us from here on out.

You capitalized "IF" in that post, meaning you were somewhat on the fence. Then said that we wouldn't be easy for us to win after 2008. We beat you worse in 2009 than 2008.

Not exactly Nostradamus type stuff there.

razorback44

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

The Hogfather

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 07, 2010, 09:16:12 am
You capitalized "IF" in that post, meaning you were somewhat on the fence. Then said that we wouldn't be easy for us to win after 2008. We beat you worse in 2009 than 2008.

Not exactly Nostradamus type stuff there.

You really are a fricktard.  The point was to show that there were plenty of people saying that Ole Miss was better off, talent-wise, in 2008 and 2009, than Arkansas.  You are right that I was on the fence as to who would win that 2008 game, even though Ole Miss had loads more talent than us and had more experienced players playing in key positions.  We almost beat that team (probably should've, if not for some bogus offensive PI call).  And I did think we'd win last year, despite having less talent left over from the previous coach than Nutt did at Ole Miss.  I was wrong.  We needed one more year.

Last year had nothing to do with coaching.  It had tons more to do with mentality than anything.

Science Fiction Greg

July 07, 2010, 10:39:51 am #103 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:44:52 am by Corndog7
I very clearly remember a lot of people here saying that if Ole Miss was going to ever beat us again, it would be that first year because of the disparity in talent left and talent he is inheriting.  Very clearly.  There is lots of that sentiment in the thread linked above, but it is far from the only place it was talked about back then.

There really isn't an excuse for last year.  That is a game we should've won.  Probably as disappointed in the team as I've been since Nutt was on the sideline (at which point that feeling was almost a weekly occurrence).

For the record, a lot of that conversation was about how Nutt did well in situations just like the one he was in.  Good amount of talent, everyone overlooking his team or ignoring them.  We all know what Nutt is capable of and what situations he thrives in.  We had 10 years with him.  There isn't a person here that wasn't capable of seeing that that first year was set up pretty well for him.

The second year was pretty lol.  I marveled all year at how Ole Miss was ranked so high in preseason because they had a weak schedule.  Seriously, that was the justification given all pre-season for why they were picked so high.  "Their schedule is one of the easiest they will have" and those kinds of comments.

Exactly the opposite of what I think should happen.  A team with a weaker than average schedule should not be rewarded and ranked higher because of it.

I swear everything turns into bizarro world around that guy.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Oklahawg

2009's Ole Miss game was a disappointment to UA fans. I suspect we'll never encounter such a loss again. If we are beat soundly the other team will simply be better.  UA will not be circled on another team's scheduled and NOT be prepared for that challenge. Kudos to Nutt - he pulled that off.

Its rather foolish to get caught up in the comparison of scores. Its like the old game:

Wabash beat Smith 48-20.
Smith beat Williams 31-17.
Williams beat Carnegie 21-20.
Therefore, Carnegie is 43 points better than Wabash. Uh, no.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

If KC Hawg wishes to be a Nutt apologist that is his business. Does he know the Dan Bailey story? As a parent he should. If KC can reconcile that story with his attempts at propping up Nutt as an innocent victim at UA then he needs to find another board to post on. Probably an Ole Miss board. I'm sure OMBD can recommend one.

Look, I'm not against a fan feeling sorry for Nutt. I have good friends who feel that all the off-field issues with Nutt should have never been messed with. Fire him for on-field performance only. But, its like Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky - I believe it was in his own personal life, leave it there. However, once made public we can't very well ignore it, can we? It shouldn't factor into our eval of him but for many it does.

Likewise, once Nutt's off-field shenanigans were revealed its hard to ignore them when assessing him as a coach.

I can justify hating the turd-bucket simply for on-field reasons.

Knowing well the story of Dan Bailey boils my blood all over again.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JaketheSnake

I think most people would agree that Nutt is a good coach for a small or down program.  He has that ability to bring them up a notch.   But most people will also agree that he does NOT have the ability to take them farther than that first notch.  He helped our program get out of the gutter, but that is it.  He is not the type of coach that can sustain a high level of competitiveness over a long period of time.  He is not a major level championship caliber coach... especially when people expect his team to perform to a high level. 

Was he good for the program when he first arrived?  Probably

Was he good for the program after his first few years?  Probably not

Was he good for Ole Miss his first 2 years?  Probably

Is he going to be good for Ole Miss the rest of his time there?  Who knows. 

I do see the Razorbacks for Ole Miss under Nutt what LSU was to the Hogs under Nutt.  The game he looked forward to all year and will probably never be an easy contest.   

Oklahawg

Jake, you make very good points.

1. Nutt was a great fit for UA when he arrived. We needed a rah-rah guy who made the players feel good and enjoy playing.
2. Nutt failed to address any single structural defect in his coaching skillset, and by the time the 2-year pass was professed he was a marginal D1 coach. Said better, his time at UA had peaked.
3. Nutt lucked into Jones/McFadden (McFadden = homestate player with aspirations to stay local and be featured; Jones = wanted OU offer but didn't get it, UA being the back-up). He positioned himself to be "lucky". There is something to that, I suppose.
4. He was the perfect tonic for Ole Miss. Whether his career track repeats itself remains to be seen.

Auburn was Nutt's line in the sand, because of Tuberville. He also was able to catch LSU flat because LSU wasn't playing for the SEC CG every year. Ride the emotional rollercoaster.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 07, 2010, 09:01:10 am
Seriously, what Arkansas fan says stuff like this?

Wow.

Hogfather, I actually have to say that I was initially wrong about you.  As I was reading this thread, I initially disagreed with you because I thought you were offering up the typical Hogville argument of "if you don't wear the rose-colored glasses then you must not be a true Hog fan," but KC's posts made me realize that you were correct in your assumption/assertion.  This post just made me gag as someone who supports the Razorbacks no matter who the coach is. 

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 09:59:18 pm
Uhm, no one saw that coming on this site.  People were salivating at the prospect of playing Ole Miss to get our revenge and prove that the fringe of our fan base was right about Nutt.  We had routinely beaten Ole Miss while Nutt was coaching here, and with him gone and Petrino in place, we couldn't wait for the blood bath to begin.  The "monkey with a whistle" couldn't coach, so we would basically win by default.

History has proven time and again that those beliefs were just silly - as if most people didn't recognize that already.

You are free to spin or make up any reasons you want.  Our players sucked.  Theirs were all pro.  The moon was red that night or the grass was bent the wrong way on the field.  The refs were bought off.  EA Sports was in a conspiracy with ESPN to rig the game.

Was our team weaker than we had been in 2009 versus the prior ten years?  Yes.  Why do you think that was?  Do you think it had anything to do with Nutt leaving?  The turmoil of the prior two years?  The black shirts at our home games?  The banners, etc.?  Many of the 2008 recruits openly spoke about those concerns.

You can talk bad about our team all you want, but all I know is that we beat the National Champions on their home field in one of the most epic games I have ever been a part of in Nutt's last game.  When Nutt was forced out, you saw what happened in the Cotton Bowl.  Again, blame it on the wind or the color of the goalposts, whatever you want.  I prefer to simply look at the results on the field.

Then he goes to an 0-8 Ole Miss team with that all pro talent you speak so highly of, and turns them into winners of the Cotton Bowl - two years straight.  His recruiting classes have even consistently good since he got there, and we don't even want to get into a comparison of last year's classes.

So just stop with all of the excuses and let's get it done on the field.  I am tired of arguing about this over and over again.  No side is ever going to give in on this.  I will point to the scoreboard, and you can point to everything but the scoreboard.  Whatever makes you happy.  He took an 0-8 team and turned them into back to back Cotton Bowl winners while beating us twice the last two years.  And we were supposed to have the coaching genius while they had the monkey?

You can put salt, sugar and ketchup on the crow, but it still tastes like crap.  I am looking for a porterhouse this year, and I would like to enjoy it.  Signing Brey Cook after loosing Hall #1 and Hall#2 was a great appetizer, but it's the on the field results, the main course, that matters.  Just give me the steak, and let's give them the crow this time. 

It's beyond time to move on and just support the Razorbacks, but I know we have to get that win to really get that accomplished.  I just hope it's this year, because if it doesn't happen this year, I don't see it happening the following year in Oxford - assuming Nutt is still there.  We need to reestablish our dominance over Ole Miss, and this is the year to start doing that. 

I hate to do this, I really do, I but I seriously wonder if KC was one of those "fans" hoping that Nutt would beat us in DWRRS in 2008.  There were several "fans" like that on a board that I used to frequent, and they made me sick. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hawg Balling on July 07, 2010, 02:54:50 pm
Wow.

Hogfather, I actually have to say that I was initially wrong about you.  As I was reading this thread, I initially disagreed with you because I thought you were offering up the typical Hogville argument of "if you don't wear the rose-colored glasses then you must not be a true Hog fan," but KC's posts made me realize that you were correct in your assumption/assertion.  This post just made me gag as someone who supports the Razorbacks no matter who the coach is. 

I hate to do this, I really do, I but I seriously wonder if KC was one of those "fans" hoping that Nutt would beat us in DWRRS in 2008.  There were several "fans" like that on a board that I used to frequent, and they made me sick. 

How's that quote work? "You're either for us, or agin us."

Two words from Oklahawg: Dan Bailey.

online-with-swine

nextlevel

Quote from: KnilesKankle on July 07, 2010, 10:04:53 pm
Can someone refresh my memory on Dan Bailey?

Promised a scholarship by Nutt and ended up getting one at Okie State.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Oklahawg

Dan Bailey, place kicker, was from Midwest City, OK area. Played at an 8-man church school.  Couldn't kick in some games because the field didn't have goalposts. He was a top performer at a Vegas (I think) kicking camp after his senior year.

He was invited by Nutt to walk-on. If he beat the incumbent Cameron Bryan (I think) for FG duties he was promised a scholarship.

He won the job hands down. The situation was allowed to drag on until classes had started. Nutt didn't give him the scholarship despite announcing that Bailey won the job. Bailey packed his car and drove home.

He resurfaced at Okie State where he has been a major cog in the OSU scoring machine. Fantastic person, fantastic student, fantastic kicker.

Stunning disservice by Nutt.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Balling on July 07, 2010, 02:54:50 pm
Wow.

I'm not as bad as you think.  I think for myself.  I see through many people, even on a message board.  I'm not one of "those people".  I don't hate Nutt.  I just think he's an average coach.  I like Hog fans to actually be HOG FANS.  If you like Nutt better than the Hogs, fine.  Just don't hang around an Arkansas message board and pose as a Hog fan.

online-with-swine

Quote from: nextlevel on July 07, 2010, 10:14:50 pm
Promised a scholarship by Nutt and ended up getting one at Okie State.
Quote from: Oklahawg on July 07, 2010, 10:15:14 pm
Dan Bailey, place kicker, was from Midwest City, OK area. Played at an 8-man church school.  Couldn't kick in some games because the field didn't have goalposts. He was a top performer at a Vegas (I think) kicking camp after his senior year.

He was invited by Nutt to walk-on. If he beat the incumbent Cameron Bryan (I think) for FG duties he was promised a scholarship.

He won the job hands down. The situation was allowed to drag on until classes had started. Nutt didn't give him the scholarship despite announcing that Bailey won the job. Bailey packed his car and drove home.

He resurfaced at Okie State where he has been a major cog in the OSU scoring machine. Fantastic person, fantastic student, fantastic kicker.

That's who I thought it was but wasn't sure.  Thanks guys.

olemissbydamn

July 08, 2010, 09:49:20 am #115 Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:34:56 am by olemissbydamn
Quote from: Oklahawg on July 07, 2010, 10:15:14 pm

Dan Bailey did not win the competition. The kid may have been wronged, but your penchant for adding incorrect details to further your cause makes everything takes away from the validity of your posts.

And the other kicker was Stephen Arnold.

Petrino did the same thing to a player at Louisville. Offensive lineman Ryan Holifield was signed and denied a scholarship.

mckinneyhog5

July 08, 2010, 10:18:24 am #116 Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:23:04 am by mckinneyhog5
I would watch calling people out about "incorrect details".

Jane, you ignorant slut!

You linked a basketball rule. There are seperate calendars from the NCAA for basketball and football recruiting.

You can call me stupid all you want, but you have no facts. I do.

Show me a shred of evidence that suggest this kid visited your campus this weekend. You can't. You know why, because he didn't visit.

So let's see...we've established that the prospect has never visited Arkansas. And we know that there was a dead period from last signing day to April 14, 2010. April 15, 2010, to May 31, 2010 was the evaluation period in which your coach could only "eyeball" him and only have incidental contact. Since May 31, it has been a dead period. During the dead period the only contact is on visits, but we have established that this prospect has never been to Arkansas.

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/AMA/recruiting_calendars/DI/Text/Football.pdf

So basically, I'm right, and you continue to dig a deeper hole and look like an idiot. But what's new?

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

The Hogfather

July 08, 2010, 10:21:47 am #117 Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:28:52 am by The Hogfather
My name was Jane in that argument, according to ombd.

And here is evidence that the kid did, indeed, visit the Arkansas campus, where the coaches did more than "eyeball" Wiley.

http://recruiting.arkansasonline.com/index.php/2010/06/18/juco-cornerback-commits-to-hogs/

Maybe ombd was Jane afterall.

HoopS

OMBD, how do you know Bailey didn't win the competition?

Was an Ole Miss fan really keeping that close of a tab on us back then?

Hawg Balling

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 07, 2010, 10:42:47 pm
I'm not as bad as you think.  I think for myself.  I see through many people, even on a message board.  I'm not one of "those people".  I don't hate Nutt.  I just think he's an average coach.  I like Hog fans to actually be HOG FANS.  If you like Nutt better than the Hogs, fine.  Just don't hang around an Arkansas message board and pose as a Hog fan.

I agree, and it seems to me that you were very correct in your assumptions about KC.  I loathed Nutt, and still do, but he's out of sight out of mind for me.  However, if anyone has ever, under any circumstance, rooted against the Hogs, then that person isn't a fan of the Arkansas Razorbacks.  You were correct, and I was wrong in my assumption about you from one of your prior posts. 

That said, KC, I still want to know.  Did you root for Ole Miss in our game against them in 2008?  I don't mean to accuse you of anything, but I'd really like to know. 

Hawg Balling

Quote from: HoopS on July 08, 2010, 10:45:10 am

This. 

I couldn't tell you about kicking competitions involving Ole Miss recruits from years past, or any other SEC school for that matter. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: HoopS on July 08, 2010, 10:45:10 am

I can personally assure you that OMBD is lying to the board on this topic. The media stepped out of the box to adjust their batting gloves when this softball was tossed their direction. Shall I say my source is golden?

Hawg Balling

July 08, 2010, 10:58:56 am #122 Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:12:16 pm by Hawg Balling
Quote from: Oklahawg on July 08, 2010, 10:56:32 am
I can personally assure you that OMBD is lying to the board on this topic. The media stepped out of the box to adjust their batting gloves when this softball was tossed their direction. Shall I say my source is golden?

I'm guessing your source is one Dan Bailey. 

Steef

My theory is that OMBD is transplanted posse.

Just a theory, mind you. 

olemissbydamn

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 08, 2010, 10:56:32 am

Well that settles it...once again the moderator has a top secret "source" and all I have is a print article in which the  Dan Bailey family is interviewed about his situation and his tribulations.

Does anyone think the Bailey family lied to the reporter and claimed to have lost the job if he had in fact won it?

QuoteBut soon after losing the competition for the starting job in late August, Bailey was approached by Nutt and Shibest, who told the kicker he would have to pay his own way if he wanted to play football.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/010110dnspoosulede.3776c00.html

Hawgndaaz

people have to remember that nuttjob was a little rock boy, so there are no doubt still a small segment of fans that probably have ties to him and his family. i truly believe those are the types that continue to defend him on here.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 08, 2010, 11:03:08 am
Well that settles it...once again the moderator has a top secret "source" and all I have is a print article in which the  Dan Bailey family is interviewed about his situation and his tribulations.

Does anyone think the Bailey family lied to the reporter and claimed to have lost the job if he had in fact won it?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/010110dnspoosulede.3776c00.html

HDN=POS
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

nextlevel

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 08, 2010, 09:49:20 am
Dan Bailey did not win the competition. The kid may have been wronged, but your penchant for adding incorrect details to further your cause makes everything takes away from the validity of your posts.

And the other kicker was Stephen Arnold.

Petrino did the same thing to a player at Louisville. Offensive lineman Ryan Holifield was signed and denied a scholarship.

The other kicker was Jeremy Davis. Arnold became #2 on the depth chart.

I see that Mississippi education has served you well.

That was not a quote from the Bailey Family, that was not even a quote. The excerpt was written by Ranier Sabin using information given by his sources. In the article both Nutt and the Bailey family was contacted for information.

"We told them it wasn't our fault they didn't know the rules," said Bailey's mother, Ann. "That's your mistake and it's wrong what you're doing. You just don't do that to these kids."

That is a quote from Ann Bailey, hence the quotation marks.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

mckinneyhog5

One other thing about that article, no where is there a quote by the family that states he lost the kicking job.  Get your facts straight.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on July 08, 2010, 11:27:52 am
One other thing about that article, no where is there a quote by the family that states he lost the kicking job.  Get your facts straight.

Did you expect every line to be a quote?

It's obvious from the article that the writer interviewed the Bailey's about the situation to get the strory.

Evidently, the writer is also on the posse's payroll.

Ole Hottie sure controls a lot of the universe for a dimwit.

HoopS

And good ole Nutt acts like he couldn't remember him.  I wonder if it is related to how he forgot to handle the proper paperwork for Mason Templeton, costing him his final season?   

Who else remembers a distasteful comment from a Nutt about the kicker with a half arm?

Science Fiction Greg

I'm sure glad we have an Ole Miss fan with google technology here to correct us about the history we all lived through.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

nextlevel

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 08, 2010, 11:30:07 am

It's obvious from the article that the writer interviewed the Bailey's about the situation to get the strory.

Nutt was also interviewed, that information could just as well came from him. The author would be more apt to use that information directly from the source. The source in this case has been proved less then credible, but providing false alibis for players caught shop lifting will do that...

ell oh ell

cbjagman

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 08, 2010, 11:30:07 am

I remind you that even slime/jungle rot can take a while to be completely disappear from its previous habitat.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: nextlevel on July 08, 2010, 11:26:50 am
The other kicker was Jeremy Davis. Arnold became #2 on the depth chart.

I see that Mississippi education has served you well.

That was not a quote from the Bailey Family, that was not even a quote. The excerpt was written by Ranier Sabin using information given by his sources. In the article both Nutt and the Bailey family was contacted for information.

"We told them it wasn't our fault they didn't know the rules," said Bailey's mother, Ann. "That's your mistake and it's wrong what you're doing. You just don't do that to these kids."

That is a quote from Ann Bailey, hence the quotation marks.

This is like shooting fish in a barrell. Jeremy Davis didn't really get into the competition for kicker until the season had started.

QuoteBut that wasn't enough to make him turn his back on the chance to walk on at Arkansas.

It was difficult for the Mustang, Okla., native to turn his back on a scholarship, but in his mind, he thought the better opportunity for immediate playing time was with the Razorbacks.

"I felt like that was a good opportunity," Bailey said. "But I have family up here and it just felt a lot more comfortable being closer to home and having an opportunity to play sooner than I did up there."

Bailey's move appears to be paying off, as Bailey followed up his solid showing in Saturday's scrimmage with a good first part of the week — good enough for Arkansas' coaches to shrink the list of potential kicking candidates to two between Bailey and Stephen Arnold.

Before the scrimmage, the kicker called his parents, who told him to calm down. Hid dad told him, "just play your game and do what you do best."

He did and now he has a chance to contribute immediately as a walk-on.

"I'm hoping I can just stay where I'm at and hopefully get this spot this week or maybe next week," Bailey said. "I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable."

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557992.html

Or how about a depth chart for the first game...

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=563945

QuoteEntering preseason camp, Davis was the favorite to earn the job, but struggled with his consistency as sophomore Stephen Arnold and now-departed Dan Bailey surged ahead. Davis' problems stretched throughout camp, shattering his confidence.

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/573499.html

QuoteArkansas also decided on a place-kicker on Thursday, naming sophomore Stephen Arnold the starter after a heated battle with true freshman Dan Bailey.   

"We named a kicker," Nutt said. "Arnold is our guy right now with Bailey right behind him. Arnold has been the most consistent, and right now we will go with him."

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=575119

But what the hey, yall keep rewriting history to suit your argument.

Steef

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 08, 2010, 02:12:10 pm
This is like shooting fish in a barrell. Jeremy Davis didn't really get into the competition for kicker until the season had started.

Well, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I wasn't there and haven't a clue what happened.

But the articles you quoted that DO list Bailey as either 2nd string...or gone...are all using HDN as their source of info, to print your 'proof'.

In fairness to you, HDN was HC at the time, and can name any starter he wants. But the info you're using as 'proof'...was printed after the supposed mishandling.

Now...if HDN did lie about any/all of this...then your articles are using a liar to verify their stories about whether he's lying or not.

If HDN didn't lie about it...then the point is moot.

But the Bailey family is saying he lied.

From my point of view (half a continent away)....it's a 'he-said/he-said'.

Except....HDN has lied before. More than once. So I'm going with the Baileys.

nextlevel

Quote from: steefhog on July 08, 2010, 02:22:13 pm
Well, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I wasn't there and haven't a clue what happened.

But the articles you quoted that DO list Bailey as either 2nd string...or gone...are all using HDN as their source of info, to print your 'proof'.

In fairness to you, HDN was HC at the time, and can name any starter he wants. But the info you're using as 'proof'...was printed after the supposed mishandling.

Now...if HDN did lie about any/all of this...then your articles are using a liar to verify their stories about whether he's lying or not.

If HDN didn't lie about it...then the point is moot.

But the Bailey family is saying he lied.

From my point of view (half a continent away)....it's a 'he-said/he-said'.

Except....HDN has lied before. More than once. So I'm going with the Baileys.

Jeremy Davis was listed as number 1 in the 2006 media guide with Stephen Arnold as number 2. Dan Bailey is not listed.

If I were OMBD, I would want to focus on the "details" instead of the main point, how does a coach with 10 years of Div 1 football experience not know the rules concerning academic scholarships and how the relate to the 85 athletic scholarships allowed?

It is all too easy for Nutt to plead ignorance.

Bailey had earned the starter spot by the time the fall semester had began. Nutt backed out on a scholarship promise he never intended to keep.

ell oh ell

Hawgndaaz

I have a question, and do not intend to flame.

why on earth have you followed the hogs so closely for so long, yet still have an ole miss handle? that's like saying you're polish yet naming your kid hitler. I don't get it and i think it confuses quite a few on here.

are you an arkansas resident, yet have been an ole miss fan your whole life? or are you a former hog til we ran off nutt fan? you can be honest.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on July 08, 2010, 05:14:58 pm
I have a question, and do not intend to flame.

why on earth have you followed the hogs so closely for so long, yet still have an ole miss handle? that's like saying you're polish yet naming your kid hitler. I don't get it and i think it confuses quite a few on here.

are you an arkansas resident, yet have been an ole miss fan your whole life? or are you a former hog til we ran off nutt fan? you can be honest.

I'd say it is a pretty simple answer.

Oklahawg

Nutt answered an interviewer's question during camp that August. He confirmed that Bailey was, "playing his way into a scholarship", if I recall the quote properly.

The article referenced by OMBD was not entirely accurate as others have correctly pointed out. The correct information has already been shared in this thread. OMBD can go fist himself if he's not comfortable with multiple posters in the thread confirming my post.

Ftsmithmike

OMBD was closer to the situation than any of us could ever get except for the time he spent at Sonic and in weehab. Who are we to argue with him.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

PennaHog

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 12:20:36 pm

Sorry, but I'm not breaking any rules or flaming. I'm participating in a discussion.

:puke:

Maybe you could get someone to start a razorbacks sunshine only forum.

:puke:

And I know most other mature posters here enjoy those types of shenanigans also.

:'(

Wow....I've lurked around in this thread long enuff to see this guy QQ'ing all over the place but now he is the self appointed speaker for all Persons who are Mature Posters...I really LOL'd on that one....

Somebody please send a ROFLcopter to this guys house as it seems that he got a bad case of the QQ's....lol

WPS GHG
:razorback:
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.

Steef

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on July 08, 2010, 11:57:20 pm
OMBD was closer to the situation than any of us could ever get except for the time he spent at Sonic and in weehab. Who are we to argue with him.

I've thought for a while that he's Danny.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on July 08, 2010, 11:57:20 pm

OMBD acts as though he's an expert on any Houston Nutt topic. The guy was our freakin coach for 10 years, we know everything about him and how he handled situations.

Its easy to Bing or Google stuff and act like you are in the know.

I can only imagine how much of a weasel OMBD is in real life. He obviously doesn't have time for women, he's always on Hogville.

RAF

Any chance you're BimBam over on Red Cup Rebellion?

olemissbydamn

July 09, 2010, 04:44:21 pm #145 Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:01:56 pm by olemissbydamn
Quote from: 3BoarsDown on July 09, 2010, 03:33:38 pm

I can only imagine how much of a weasel OMBD is in real life. He obviously doesn't have time for women, he's always on Hogville.

Dude...you pay to read Yancy's stuff on the Spirit.

You have made yourself a regular on a MSU board. Not your ex-coach's team's board, but the board of your ex-coach's team's rival.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=136&f=1570&t=6103650&stm=79425578

If your boyfriend isn't giving you enough, that's a personal problem. Don't try to relate it to the rest of us and our relationships with women.

HoopS

heck, he was spot-on with the post you linked.   Thanks!

3BoarsDown

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 09, 2010, 04:44:21 pm
Dude...you pay to read Yancy's stuff on the Spirit.

I definitely do not pay my money to read Yancy's crap. Ask the mod's there to find me, I'll even PM you my name and email. I pay for Hawgsillustrated.

It's one of your own that laughs at you turds on the OM board that passes stuff on to me and he actually see's through Houston Nutt's smoke and mirrors.

I would never waste any amount of money to read OM crap.

Your man love wants you back in bed to play "let's hide the Egg Bowl."

R-VilleHog

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on July 09, 2010, 07:33:17 pm
I definitely do not pay my money to read Yancy's crap. Ask the mod's there to find me, I'll even PM you my name and email. I pay for Hawgsillustrated.

It's one of your own that laughs at you turds on the OM board that passes stuff on to me and he actually see's through Houston Nutt's smoke and mirrors.

I would never waste any amount of money to read OM crap.

Your man love wants you back in bed to play "let's hide the Egg Bowl."

Going back to topic, Arkansas' talent pool hasn't been this deep in a good long while and Yancy's comments are nearly inexplicable.

Oklahawg

Quote from: R-VilleHog on July 09, 2010, 08:11:37 pm
Going back to topic, Arkansas' talent pool hasn't been this deep in a good long while and Yancy's comments are nearly inexplicable.

That took courage - to read all of this and reply to the original post is commendable.