Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The state of Arkansas is down in talent this year"

Started by 3BoarsDown, June 28, 2010, 03:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

per OM writer and Houston Nutt lap dog Yancy Porter.

He says the only big dogs OM is going after are Artez Brown, Mitch Hall, and Trey Daniels.

I think what he means to say is that most of the talent in Arkansas isn't interested in playing for Houston Nutt and there's no way Coach Nutt is going to be able to live up to the 5-6 signees per year from Arkansas he promised.

Lakerhog

Don't know how he arrived at that conclusion, but then again it is Yancy.

Gonzo

For Ole Piss, the talent level in God's Country probably IS down this year.......and for the forseeable future, so long as CBP roams the sidelines in Fayetteville. Of course, judging by what Dan Mullen is doing in Starkville, the talent level in MS just might be down too for the Rebs for awhile

Go Hogs!

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

razorback44

Has Nutt gotten a top prospect yet out of Arkansas since he left?  I think the only player he has actually out recruited Arkansas for in 4 years was Brishen Matthews.  He actually would probably be better off spending his recruiting time elsewhere.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

mmhogs17

I didn't know Brown, Hall and Daniels were the big dogs in the state i thought Cook, Allen, Smothers and Frazier were the big dogs. lol

razorback44

Quote from: mmhogs17 on June 28, 2010, 04:04:59 pm
I didn't know Brown, Hall and Daniels were the big dogs in the state i thought Cook, Allen, Smothers and Frazier were the big dogs. lol

Well Yancy sold his subscribers so hard on Hall being the top OL in the state during the spring that he has to keep up the facade now or else he will look stupid.  It's all about how you spin it.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Oklahawg

Hall is the 5th or 6th best OL in the state this year.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: razorback44 on June 28, 2010, 03:56:56 pm
Has Nutt gotten a top prospect yet out of Arkansas since he left?  I think the only player he has actually out recruited Arkansas for in 4 years was Brishen Matthews.  He actually would probably be better off spending his recruiting time elsewhere.

And Matthews was a Mississippi native I believe.  He just moved to Arkansas cuz his dad was a coach.  Jesse Grandy will turn out to be a good pick-up for him, but Arkansas really didn't have room in their class for him as I recall.  We may also have been late to offer.  Bottom line,  Nutt really hasn't done squat in Arkansas 

Brewerfan10

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 28, 2010, 04:30:53 pm

But he is still is ranked in the top 10 by Rivals. Pisses me off...

hog19911

Nutt did a good job getting Grandy and Mathews, but up to this point thats it. The state of Arkansas is not down in talent this year, far from it actually. The talent simply isn't interested in playing for Nutt. Hall is the 4th best OL in an , admittedly, deep in-state class. No doubt he comes behind  Cook, Smothers and Danenhauer, maybe even Bordenstein. It doesnt help Nutt that most of the talent instate this year is in NWA. We do need to keep Artez Brown away from Ole Miss though. He is a stud. 

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

jbcarol

Porter had been banned from Spring practice coverage. Time to make amends.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

regi

According to Rivals it is down, if you subscribe to their rankings.  Even if it was down, only one of those three guys is thought of as a player. Not sure the point he is trying to make.

navyhog24

only reason grandy went to ole miss is bc they let him play offense there. our staff wanted him for defense

The real Hogules

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on June 28, 2010, 04:46:21 pm
And Matthews was a Mississippi native I believe.  He just moved to Arkansas cuz his dad was a coach.  Jesse Grandy will turn out to be a good pick-up for him, but Arkansas really didn't have room in their class for him as I recall.  We may also have been late to offer.  Bottom line,  Nutt really hasn't done squat in Arkansas 

You recall semi-correctly, as Grandy would have signed with the Hogs, but copped an attitude, waited to long and the bus filled up before he made a decision, so the decision was made for him by our coaching staff.

Yes, he'll be a good one for Old Myth, but with Nutt as their head coach it'll take a helluva lot more "good ones" than just Jessie Grandy to keep that ship afloat! ;)
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Oklahawg

Grandy is tiny. Not sure how he'd find a spot in the weight room with all the giants.

He is fast, very fast. He is a nice fit for the gimmicky wild webel. Can't wait until we are knocking the OM line off both sides of the ball due to superior athleticism/talent.

Arkansas will beat OM for any in-state recruit they want. Unless there is a nephew of Nutt lurking around somewhere.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

IronHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 28, 2010, 09:22:52 pm
Grandy is tiny. Not sure how he'd find a spot in the weight room with all the giants.

He is fast, very fast. He is a nice fit for the gimmicky wild webel. Can't wait until we are knocking the OM line off both sides of the ball due to superior athleticism/talent.

Arkansas will beat OM for any in-state recruit they want. Unless there is a nephew of Nutt lurking around somewhere.

Grandy is a good football player.

20$ says Nutts saves him for Arkansas and runs the stretch play 30 times.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: hog19911 on June 28, 2010, 04:53:04 pm
Nutt did a good job getting Grandy and Mathews

no he didnt....do you not read the other posts?.....matthews was "in-state" in name only....grew up im miss....grandy did not have a spot left after he messed around thinking he was going to get offers from some other SEC schools....he didnt and we moved on....Nutt walked assbackwards into these guys just as he did with most of the decent players he got while at UA....Felix Jones is a prime example

Zen_Hog

Quote from: IronHog on June 28, 2010, 09:28:47 pm
Grandy is a good football player.

20$ says Nutts saves him for Arkansas and runs the stretch play 30 times.

QFT

Wildhog

Grandy is a good player...

But it was either him or Lance Ray.  I like how that shook out.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

OTTER

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 28, 2010, 04:30:53 pm
I'm not too sure he is.  I've seen him play several times and I'm not convinced he's that good.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

3BoarsDown

Quote from: OTTER on June 29, 2010, 12:18:30 pm
I'm not too sure he is.  I've seen him play several times and I'm not convinced he's that good.

I saw some video of him at the OM summer camp. He wasn't playing football but he looked awful during the drills, IMO. Heavy footed, slow lateral movement, and clumsy. He'll be a road grader type lineman.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Gonzo on June 28, 2010, 03:50:28 pm
For Ole Piss, the talent level in God's Country probably IS down this year.......and for the forseeable future, so long as CBP roams the sidelines in Fayetteville. Of course, judging by what Dan Mullen is doing in Starkville, the talent level in MS just might be down too for the Rebs for awhile

Very true.  It seems that the Rebel faithful are overlooking Mullen's prowess as both a coach and recruiter.  Let's see, go to Ole Miss and play in a Stone Age offense for a coach with no championships versus go to MSU and play in a progressive offense for a coach with two National Championship rings as OC?  Hmmm.....

cbjagman

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on June 28, 2010, 03:38:08 pm
per OM writer and Houston Nutt lap dog Yancy Porter.

He says the only big dogs OM is going after are Artez Brown, Mitch Hall, and Trey Daniels.

I think what he means to say is that most of the talent in Arkansas isn't interested in playing for Houston Nutt and there's no way Coach Nutt is going to be able to live up to the 5-6 signees per year from Arkansas he promised.
Typical dumbass. Perhaps one of the reason he's suggesting that is because he knows they don't have a snowball's change in hades to get any others. Besides, it is Ole Misery.

cbjagman

Quote from: Gonzo on June 28, 2010, 03:50:28 pm

Go Hogs!
You're probably right; however, it's never too late for the Hooter to rescue a kid from offers such as ULM, SW Louisiana, SMU, SW Missouri State and other such power houses.

Steef

Can't remember the name, buit nutt did get a kicker we wanted. Other than that, he's pretty much been irrelevent.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: steefhog on June 29, 2010, 01:04:19 pm
Can't remember the name, buit nutt did get a kicker we wanted. Other than that, he's pretty much been irrelevent.

Tyler Campbell.

Ole Piss gave him a scholarship, Arkansas did not.

cbjagman

Hogs12

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on June 29, 2010, 01:13:30 pm
Tyler Campbell.

Ole Piss gave him a scholarship, Arkansas did not.

It was Andrew Ritter I believe. We offered him a full scholarship. Ole Miss promised him a scholarship his first year or so but he is still suppose to pay his own way this year.

Steef

Quote from: Hogs12 on July 05, 2010, 06:34:29 am
It was Andrew Ritter I believe. We offered him a full scholarship. Ole Miss promised him a scholarship his first year or so but he is still suppose to pay his own way this year.

Thx. Ritter is the name I couldn't remember.

The real Hogules

Quote from: steefhog on July 05, 2010, 06:36:21 am
Thx. Ritter is the name I couldn't remember.

It's also noteworthy that Ritters' parents attended Old Myth "back in the day", so he chose to go the legacy route over choosing the best college football program.

Ritter was promised by Nutt that he'd go on scholarship after last season and Andrew Ritter is still paying his own way to college as I type this.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 05, 2010, 08:13:55 am
It's also noteworthy that Ritters' parents attended Old Myth "back in the day", so he chose to go the legacy route over choosing the best college football program.

Ritter was promised by Nutt that he'd go on scholarship after last season and Andrew Ritter is still paying his own way to college as I type this.

Typical Nutt lie.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Hog Fan from Camden

July 05, 2010, 10:53:45 am #33 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:55:29 am by Hog Fan from Camden
Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 05, 2010, 12:28:11 am
I hear ya.  It really does suck.  Ole Miss has FOUR 4 stars and THREE 3 stars already. The Rivals front page today is all about two FOUR star DB's from Florida committing to them today.  And they have already landed the top Center in the Nation this year.  It's ridiculous to watch this happen every year, and it sucks even worse to have never seen that type of perennial success at Arkansas while Nutt was here.

Maybe it was the NCAA investigation or the fanbase issues with Nutt, or maybe he just wasn't as motivated back then at Arkansas?  But whatever it was, I hope to see our classes in the future beat the snot out of those guys. 

It's looking more and more like BP might be here for the long haul, and that could be great for us - if the defense can improve a lot and the offense performs to expectations.  Time will tell.  But I have to tell you, these last two years have been painful for me to watch given our lack of success against Ole Miss, but there have been signs of improvement.  Like most of you, I am looking to the future, but god almighty . . . give me a W against Nutt and kick him in the pants for recruits.  No more top ten players from our home state to Ole Miss!!
Nutt will figure out a way to screw these up.

mmhogs17

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 05, 2010, 12:28:11 am
I hear ya.  It really does suck.  Ole Miss has FOUR 4 stars and THREE 3 stars already. The Rivals front page today is all about two FOUR star DB's from Florida committing to them today.  And they have already landed the top Center in the Nation this year.  It's ridiculous to watch this happen every year, and it sucks even worse to have never seen that type of perennial success at Arkansas while Nutt was here.

Maybe it was the NCAA investigation or the fanbase issues with Nutt, or maybe he just wasn't as motivated back then at Arkansas?  But whatever it was, I hope to see our classes in the future beat the snot out of those guys. 

It's looking more and more like BP might be here for the long haul, and that could be great for us - if the defense can improve a lot and the offense performs to expectations.  Time will tell.  But I have to tell you, these last two years have been painful for me to watch given our lack of success against Ole Miss, but there have been signs of improvement.  Like most of you, I am looking to the future, but god almighty . . . give me a W against Nutt and kick him in the pants for recruits.  No more top ten players from our home state to Ole Miss!!

But their offer lists really suck they don't even have a offer from Florida or FSU. They are those players that are 4* stars in the initial ranking but they will eventually be 3*'s.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mmhogs17 on July 05, 2010, 11:22:23 am
But their offer lists really suck they don't even have a offer from Florida or FSU. They are those players that are 4* stars in the initial ranking but they will eventually be 3*'s.

I noticed that as well.  One had a better offer list, but still not too impressive.  Not one that would warrant a 4-star ranking.  Or shouldn't anyway.

Oh well.  I'm not really worried about Nutt's recruiting anyway.  He's not very good at talent evaluation.  He's kind of like that coach (I think maybe Coker at Miami) who would look at Rivals to figure out who they should recruit.  Nutt recruits the 4-star guys who are recruited by 4 other schools and then wonders why they aren't living up to expectations 2 years down the line. 

Petrino offers these kids before Rivals even knows who they are, then 14 other schools offer, and Rivals usually gives them a 3-star courtesy ranking, even though the kid has a 4 or 5-star offer list.

I'll take Petrino's method over Nutt's anyday.  He is CONFIDENT in his abilities to evaluate/develop talent.  I'm not even mentioning what happens once they get on campus.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 05, 2010, 08:13:55 am

Ritter and family chose to do this to help the program.

The tuition for the school Ritter went to his whole life is $10,800/year. Tuition at OM for an instate student like Ritter is like $5100/year.

But feel free to continue to pretend that its all a sinister plot by the evil Dr. Nutt.

It's also funny to see this thread given new life on a weekend when we get commitments from 2 four stars DBs (one of which is a top 25 player & the other is a top 50 player in FL) and a three star LB from Florida.

For weeks now, the only flame 3Boarsdown (whose username is even MS related) can come up with is that Ark has more commitments than us, as if that is some type of accolade. The lead is slowly dwindling if he thinks this is a race. However, it isn't a race. It's a competition to fill needs and get the best players. According to the outsiders, OM is doing pretty well in that category.

And remember I said this...July is going to bring some even bigger names to our commitment list...several of them.

Good luck, reasonable hawgs. Your recruiting efforts thus far have been fruitful and I'm sure you will finish strong.

The Hogfather

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 11:38:25 am
Ritter and family chose to do this to help the program.

HAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

olemissbydamn

July 05, 2010, 12:04:36 pm #38 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:07:05 pm by olemissbydamn
Quote from: mmhogs17 on July 05, 2010, 11:22:23 am

First of all, one of the commitments, Serderious Bryant, does have a FSU and Miami offer (as well as Auburn).

Secondly, how many hawg commitments have Florida offers?

What instate school has offered Austin Beck? Oklahoma and OK St. aren't even in the same category with Florida and FSU, yet Beck doesn't have an offer from them.

Who else offered Brandon Allen? What about Danenhaur? What about Davvyon McKinney and Grady Ollison? Tulsa is their only other offer. Why is Keante Minor's only other offer Kansas? Does the fact that no school in Illinois offered him mean he isn't that good? Let's be honest, Illinois is no Florida. We won't even get into Wiley's other offers of North Texas & New Mexico (a combined 3 wins last season).

I don't point this out to say you are recruiting poorly, because I don't believe that. I think you are putting together a good class. I say it because it is an extremely stupid and sour grapes type argument to point out that that two of these players didn't have Florida or FSU offers.

I've come to expect poor rationale from a segment of posters here. I guess its to be expected from a segment of fans on any college message board. OM has fans that rationalize everything with spin also. Evidently they don't realize that poor rationale and sour grapes reflects poorly on the whole board and not just themselves.

Music City Hog

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 12:04:36 pm
First of all, one of the commitments, Serderious Bryant, does have a FSU and Miami offer (as well as Auburn).

Secondly, how many hawg commitments have Florida offers?

What instate school has offered Austin Beck? Oklahoma and OK St. aren't even in the same category with Florida and FSU, yet Beck doesn't have an offer from them.

Who else offered Brandon Allen? What about Danenhaur? What about Davvyon McKinney and Grady Ollison? Tulsa is their only other offer. Why is Keante Minor's only other offer Kansas? Does the fact that no school in Illinois offered him mean he isn't that good? Let's be honest, Illinois is no Florida. We won't even get into Wiley's other offers of North Texas & New Mexico (a combined 3 wins last season).

I don't point this out to say you are recruiting poorly, because I don't believe that. I think you are putting together a good class. I say it because it is an extremely stupid and sour grapes type argument to point out that that two of these players didn't have Florida or FSU offers.

I've come to expect poor rationale from a segment of posters here. I guess its to be expected from a segment of fans on any college message board. OM has fans that rationalize everything with spin also. Evidently they don't realize that poor rationale and sour grapes reflects poorly on the whole board and not just themselves.

Don't you realize that nobody wants you here.  Just go away.  it is pathetic to hang around a group of people who wish you would leave.  It screams of desperation. 

We are just as happy and excited as you that Nutt is in Ole Miss.  We are also excited and happy when higher ranked players go to Ole Miss rather than Auburn, Bama, Georgia, etc because you guys are no threat and your boy Nutt will kill their progress and careers.  If Ole Miss gets 25 5*s or 25 2*s it is irrelevant to us because we know the ending of this book already.  We read it many times before.

So please, please just spare us and save some face by disappearing. 

olemissbydamn

July 05, 2010, 12:20:36 pm #40 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:23:38 pm by olemissbydamn
Quote from: Music City Hog on July 05, 2010, 12:12:52 pm
Don't you realize that nobody wants you here.  Just go away.  it is pathetic to hang around a group of people who wish you would leave.  It screams of desperation. 

We are just as happy and excited as you that Nutt is in Ole Miss.  We are also excited and happy when higher ranked players go to Ole Miss rather than Auburn, Bama, Georgia, etc because you guys are no threat and your boy Nutt will kill their progress and careers.  If Ole Miss gets 25 5*s or 25 2*s it is irrelevant to us because we know the ending of this book already.  We read it many times before.

So please, please just spare us and save some face by disappearing.

So when I point out the truth, the conversation changes to "nobody wants you here". My inbox says different.

There are several posters here who enjoy some of what I bring to the table. You fall into the category of posters who can't get over my username...especially when put in your place.

Sorry, but I'm not breaking any rules or flaming. I'm participating in a discussion. Maybe you could get someone to start a razorbacks sunshine only forum. You could bury your head in the sand there and go back and forth with like posters about your ill conceived conspiracy theories and reason's you will soon win a NC while OM flounders into obscurity. Sivad, cjbagman, 3boarsdown, and you could tell HDN jokes all day. I'm sure it would be a hit, because there is nothing funnier for grown men to do than make up fun names for people and farking photos. That's high comedy. When my five year old crowns someone a poopoo-head, I almost bust a gut laughing. And I know most other mature posters here enjoy those types of shenanigans also.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 12:04:36 pm

Good luck with those FL kids qualifying. The only reason these kids choose OM is bc the Reb staffs promises to put them on "the plan" to get them into school.

Seriously, Oxford is a terrible place to live and Ole Miss is not a place kids are clamoring to play football at.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on July 05, 2010, 12:23:33 pm
Good luck with those FL kids qualifying. The only reason these kids choose OM is bc the Reb staffs promises to put them on "the plan" to get them into school.

Seriously, Oxford is a terrible place to live and Ole Miss is not a place kids are clamoring to play football at.

This is your favorite argument. As many times as you have been wrong, you'd think you'd try a new one.

Last year you were screaming from the mountain top that our top recruits wouldn't qualify. Who was your top recruit in the last class and what juco will he be attending this season?

Music City Hog

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 12:20:36 pm
So when I point out the truth, the conversation changes to "nobody wants you here". My inbox says different.

There are several posters here who enjoy some of what I bring to the table. You fall into the category of posters who can't get over my username...especially when put in your place.

Sorry, but I'm not breaking any rules or flaming. I'm participating in a discussion. Maybe you could get someone to start a razorbacks sunshine only forum. You could bury your head in the sand there and go back and forth with like posters about your ill conceived conspiracy theories and reason's you will soon win a NC while OM flounders into obscurity. Sivad, cjbagman, 3boarsdown, and you could tell HDN jokes all day.

You havent put me in my place at all.  I havent claimed our recruiting class is good, bad, or otherwise.  I just told you it is a little pathetic to live on another team's board where the majority, vast majority, of people dont welcome you or your opinions.  Like I said, I dont care who Ole Miss brings on board.  I say that in all honesty.  Ole Miss is not relevant and barely show up on my radar at all.  Arkansas is trying to become relevant on the national scene again and Ole Miss is the least of our concerns. 

I wish you the best down there in Oxford.  Just go discuss your Rebel sports with rebel people on a rebel board.  that is my request.  If you and the hand full of posters that apparently want you here (according to you) want to comunicate here via inbox then I have no problem with that.  Just spare the majority by keeping it in the inbox.

olemissbydamn

July 05, 2010, 12:31:15 pm #44 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:43:29 pm by olemissbydamn
Quote from: Music City Hog on July 05, 2010, 12:27:27 pm
You havent put me in my place at all.  I havent claimed our recruiting class is good, bad, or otherwise.  I just told you it is a little pathetic to live on another team's board where the majority, vast majority, of people dont welcome you or your opinions.  Like I said, I dont care who Ole Miss brings on board.  I say that in all honesty.

Hence all your post in the OM threads, including this one. It's obvious, you don't care.

mmhogs17

Man it seems Ole Piss fan has taken this thread seriously.. settle down francis.

losthawg68

I don't mind fans from rival schools joining the discussion.  I actually welcome it as long as respect is being given.  The ones I would like to see leave are the people that try to draw in an opposing fan to a pointless argument.  I even like the smack talk as long as it is in good fun and no one goes overboard.  My 2 cents worth.
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

Music City Hog

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 12:31:15 pm
Hense all your post in the OM threads, including this one. It's obvious, you don't care.

yeah, I sit around and wait for Ole Miss threads.   Wow, I am done with this pissing contest.  Hang in there and good luck this season.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 12:26:14 pm
This is your favorite argument. As many times as you have been wrong, you'd think you'd try a new one.

Last year you were screaming from the mountain top that our top recruits wouldn't qualify. Who was your top recruit in the last class and what juco will he be attending this season?

We lost one.

Rebs are still waiting on 6 or 7 to try to get qualified. Q Mireless looks like he'll never get into school either.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on July 05, 2010, 01:11:14 pm
We lost one.

Rebs are still waiting on 6 or 7 to try to get qualified. Q Mireless looks like he'll never get into school either.

We can't have all of them qualify. We don't have room. We knew Cordell Giles and a couple of the Florida guys (Grimes, Scott, and Mitchell) were borderline. Cedric Smith was a plan B guy that we only signed after losing Dequan Menzie in the days leading up to NSD. And these aren't our top recruits from the last class.

Delvin Jones was a guy who we could afford to take a chance on and help get qualified. If you don't think he was worth a chance, you are being a foolish homer. He was a national recruit. And it's looking like he may qualify. If he doesn't, no harm, no foul. We've lost nothing. If he does, we've got one of the top players in the nation. I certainly remember 3BoarsDown salivating over him early in the process. When it became obvious that we may ink him, your tune changed to "he has no chance to qualify".

If you are curious as to if hawg fans wanted him or not, search the recruiting forum for "delvin jones".