Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aubie spin on the Smothers committ

Started by 3BoarsDown, June 03, 2010, 03:50:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronHog

Quote from: beansandtaters on June 05, 2010, 09:39:35 am
I agree with your premise but c'mon, let's not get ridiculous. Teams with elite defensive lines will give most every team problems.

Maybe I should say solid, aggressive defensive lines will give AU problems.

Arkansas had a good, not dominate DL last year and made AU's tackles look foolish most of the game.  Go back and look at the film and try to convince yourself that Ziemba had much success vs. Arkansas.

GM's game is built on misdirection, tricks, and slow developing plays.  Their offensive linemen are constantly asked to play on their heels, move in non traditional ways, and hold blocks longer than most offenses.  Who wants to do that?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

secneahog

They can all sit at the house and watch us play florida in the sec championship...   :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

nextlevel

Quote from: 31to6 on June 05, 2010, 09:21:20 am
We pursued Frazier hard. You won, we lost. Congratulations.

We did NOT pursue Dyer hard. RB was not a priority and there were "other factors".

We both pursued Smothers hard. We won that one.

We already "had" Brandon Allen, so I have a hard time seeing where "we lost" in this situation. Would we have made room for KF, sure, but we already had the QB commitment for the class.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

nextlevel

Quote from: toshortrock on June 05, 2010, 11:43:47 am
Dyer is equal to d mac?

Yeah because 5'8", 201lbs, claimed 4.4 40, is just like 6'1", 198lbs with a confirmed 4.38 40.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

31to6

Quote from: nextlevel on June 05, 2010, 11:12:10 am
Would we have made room for KF, sure, but we already had the QB commitment for the class.
I don't believe this for a second.

You don't "make room" for a quality kid that is also an athlete of his quality.

I am amped about the recruit class that is shaping up, I am amped about having Allen as a Hog and I am amped about the coaching staff.

But we lost a recruiting battle for a highly touted in-state athlete.

But so what? Go big or go home. We are going to lose over a hundred recruiting battles this year. That is what happens when you go head-to-head with major programs over bigtime players.

nextlevel

Quote from: 31to6 on June 05, 2010, 07:40:41 pm

I am amped about the recruit class that is shaping up, I am amped about having Allen as a Hog and I am amped about the coaching staff.

But so what? Go big or go home. We are going to lose over a hundred recruiting battles this year. That is what happens when you go head-to-head with major programs over bigtime players.

What is not to be believed? Allen has been committed for a while now, the 2nd to commit behind Dean who committed over a year ago. You can't say Allen or Frazier was "the back up plan" as both were offered at the same time, Allen committed, if Frazier wanted to commit room would have been made, he didn't and Petrino has filled his "one QB per class" spot for 2011. Its not a big deal we will win without Frazier, we could have won with him, it was his choice, Wilson/Mitchell/Walker/Allen will do just fine.

ell oh ell

smuphy72

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on June 05, 2010, 09:08:03 am
Then why is your board in a panic over Olineman? Kids are realizing if you play in a gimmick offense you won't be going to the NFL as a lineman.

Dantzler - UGA
Robinson - LSU
Cook - AR
Lewter - No clue

We lead for Lewter, AE is panicking because 90% the board is as clueless as a baby in a strip club.  Hmm, We have Dismukes who is one of the top 2 centers in this class and Thomas O'Reilly one of the top guards in this class. Lewter will be a 4 star when the rest of the Rivals 4*'s come out.  We also Signed the top class O-line in the nation last year so that is going to make things a little difficult. We have an Outside Shot at Robinson and most LSU fans realize this, Dantzler is building a pretty strong relationship with  Dismukes and O'Reilly both. I'm not worried in the least bit.

31to6

Quote from: nextlevel on June 05, 2010, 09:15:26 pm
What is not to be believed?
The spin that appeared as soon as KF committed to Auburn that we really didn't recruit him that hard.

I think it is bs. I think the staff wanted them both. It just doesn't make sense to even offer him if you are only going to take 1 qb when you also have an offer to the son of one of the coaches. 

You are correct that we are loaded up at QB. But we would have welcomed him with open arms--and still would.... And will make room even if he flips on NSD.

nextlevel

Quote from: 31to6 on June 06, 2010, 12:57:00 am
The spin that appeared as soon as KF committed to Auburn that we really didn't recruit him that hard.

I think it is bs. I think the staff wanted them both. It just doesn't make sense to even offer him if you are only going to take 1 qb when you also have an offer to the son of one of the coaches. 

You are correct that we are loaded up at QB. But we would have welcomed him with open arms--and still would.... And will make room even if he flips on NSD.

You are basically saying what I was. They will/would make room for Frazier, Allen had already claimed his spot in this class.

ell oh ell

Ugly Uncle

We have not stopped recruiting him.  Nor will we until NSD.
Retired Radio Host

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TitanTiger on June 04, 2010, 08:59:38 am
I actually saw something about this on a premium article but I tend to discount such stories unless it's at the tail end of recruiting season.  I know for a fact that we refused to accept Lache Seastrunk's commit last year for a variety of reasons, instead focusing on Dyer and Lattimore.  But this thing with Smothers, I don't know.

That said, I find it ironic that the same group of folks that were made all manner of excuses as to how Auburn got Dyer and Frazier because Arkansas either didn't pursue them that hard, had bigger fish on the line or whatever would be dissing any other fanbase for similar behavior.  Pot, meet kettle.

Go home and dream of one day living in Tuscaloosa.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

sheesh.   We wanted Dyer.  We would have liked to have had him.  It was not however a need.   We can now say that about almost every position on the offensive side of the ball.  Isn't it a good feeling?
Let's make some waves.

farmhawg

Quote from: Slimgoodman on June 03, 2010, 05:52:48 pm
Obviously they don't read this board..... our spin when they get one we want is much more entertaining!  ;)
Not sure who the "our" is when you make a statement like that but don't ever include Akansas fans into your posts. You are nothing but a troll so shut up and go away.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jbcarol

Quote from: hogfanintx on June 06, 2010, 02:26:45 am
sheesh.   We wanted Dyer.  We would have liked to have had him.  It was not however a need.   We can now say that about almost every position on the offensive side of the ball.  Isn't it a good feeling?

It is a great feeling. It is also in part why Arkansas did not have a Top Ten recruiting class for '10.  It's a good problem to have.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

farmhawg

Quote from: smuphy72 on June 06, 2010, 12:12:06 am
We lead for Lewter, AE is panicking because 90% the board is as clueless as a baby in a strip club.  Hmm, We have Dismukes who is one of the top 2 centers in this class and Thomas O'Reilly one of the top guards in this class. Lewter will be a 4 star when the rest of the Rivals 4*'s come out.  We also Signed the top class O-line in the nation last year so that is going to make things a little difficult. We have an Outside Shot at Robinson and most LSU fans realize this, Dantzler is building a pretty strong relationship with  Dismukes and O'Reilly both. I'm not worried in the least bit.
Maybe, but it is obvious you guys don't have a message board since you are always on ours.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

IronHog

Quote from: smuphy72 on June 06, 2010, 12:12:06 am

Are these actual rankings or the chop block ranking version?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 31to6 on June 05, 2010, 07:40:41 pm

Last time I checked, they said "no way" to an early signing period (thank GAWD) so that means signing DAY is EIGHT MONTHS from now. I'm cool either way with Frazier, but when Gus is either gone or his star has fallen after his 3rd SEC tour gets him exposed, we may end up with Allen and Frazier and need no QB's next year. This was the plan all along, and I'm calling it now while the rest of ya'll whine or play fox-and-the-grapes. Auburn won't make a Bowl better than Shreveport.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The Hogfather

Quote from: IronHog on June 06, 2010, 03:03:14 pm

Are these actual rankings or the chop block ranking version?

Chop Block U.