Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OM QB Raymond Cotton may have a torn labrum

Started by 3BoarsDown, April 16, 2010, 09:53:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

April 16, 2010, 09:53:48 am Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:34:48 am by 3BoarsDown
if he has surgery will likely be out 4-6 months.

Nathan Stanley was also banged up at practice yesterday.

Stanley has a deep quad contussion.

Both of them are expected to play in the Rebel spring game tomorrrow. Although I'm sure there will be a heavy dose of handing off.

hoosier

Hate to hear that about any kid.
But what else do they expect down there.

Steef

jbcarol

Last week Nutt went public on him for not being prepared for spring drills.

Questioned his work ethic.

Won't hold me breath for a retraction.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

cbjagman

Apparently Cotton has begun to realize that he's no longer a "man among boys" that he was in high school. A lot of kids find that out once they get introduced to college football. Wish the kid well in his recovery.

hoosier

http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1075214

Nutt said Friday morning it's believed Cotton suffered the injury in high school.

"He's played with it," Nutt said. "He's just going to have to fight through it."

Idiot. Taking a chance on ruining a kids carrer instead of gettting it fixed.

cpohog

Throwing shoulder or non throwing shoulder? 4-6 months if all goes well.  I say this because I had a torn labrum for a about 2 years and continued playing baseball. Warming up took a little bit longer but once my throwing shoulder was warmed up I was good to go until after the game and then once it cooled down it was painful, dull ache type of pain. I finally had surgery and that was the worst thing I ever did. I never regained my strength or full range of motion. I was limited to first base and eventually gave up the game I loved so much.

Tony Boselli is another one who had a labrum tear, never regained hi strength and wound up retiring.

Lakerhog

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on April 16, 2010, 09:53:48 am
if he has surgery will likely be out 4-6 months.

Nathan Stanley was also banged up at practice yesterday.

Stanley has a deep quad contussion.

Both of them are expected to play in the Rebel spring game tomorrrow. Although I'm sure there will be a heavy dose of handing off.
How does this happen? I'm no football expert, but aren't you not supposed to tackle the QB during Spring Practice? ???

Sivad

Hope the kids injuries are not too severe.
Life has dealt them both bad enough cards already having to suffer through their college careers with the QB Killa.

hognc2010

How many stars was this young man and now we may need to sit back and look at who we got instead and maybe our coaches new he had this injury and that is why we had a back up plan

For the young man he will not get what he needs and I bet he isn't getting the love he was showyn while recruiting.  I also think it is ashame how the staff seems to blame the kid for not being ready.  Maybe if they had expectations he would have been read

TomasPistola

Quote from: hognc2010 on April 16, 2010, 07:51:09 pm
How many stars was this young man and now we may need to sit back and look at who we got instead and maybe our coaches new he had this injury and that is why we had a back up plan

For the young man he will not get what he needs and I bet he isn't getting the love he was showyn while recruiting.  I also think it is ashame how the staff seems to blame the kid for not being ready.  Maybe if they had expectations he would have been read

What the hell are you trying to say here?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hognc2010

Ok - I was walking out the door from work and I was in such a hurry
I am trying to say is Nutt went all out on this kid during the recruiting process.  He wanted to take this recruit from us
Now he seems to already blaming him for his injury.
What I think happened is we found out he was hurt and went and found  another - I believe this is when we got Mitchell

Point now we have the better of the two however I think Cotton had more recruiting stars.

Reading this I see where I created confusion and I apologize as I am in a hurry and was hoping someone would remember that time period
Sorry

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hognc2010 on April 16, 2010, 08:19:38 pm
I am trying to say is Nutt went all out on this kid during the recruiting process.  He wanted to take this recruit from us
What I think happened is we found out he was hurt and went and found  another - I believe this is when we got Mitchell

Point now we have the better of the two however I think Cotton had more recruiting stars.

Reading this I see where I created confusion and I apologize as I am in a hurry and was hoping someone would remember that time period
Sorry

Dude welcome to the Hogville family..... rule #1 neva take anything personally on this or any other board as your Hog Brotheren will let you have it as if were all just sitting around the living room having a BS conversation but its all in fun.   
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dhornjr1

Over/under on Cotton to wide receiver anyone?

IronHog

I think I may have a torn labrum.  I know I have a torn meniscus.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jbcarol

Debate among Ole Miss fans on whether he should gut it out or have surgery now.

Hopes that juco QB Randall Mackay is eligible and ready to go this summer.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

IronHog

Quote from: jbcarol on April 16, 2010, 09:37:21 pm
Debate among Ole Miss fans on whether he should gut it out or have surgery now.

All labrum tears are not equal.

Many throwing athletes play their entire careers with labrum tears while others are career end'rs.  Too many factors for Ole Miss fans to have any opinion on the matter.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ListenHereMister

Randall Mackey is a Wildcat type QB if I recall?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 16, 2010, 09:33:16 pm
Over/under on Cotton to wide receiver anyone?
I say Tight End.....but I do wish the young man a healthy recovery
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: hognc2010 on April 16, 2010, 07:51:09 pm

Your fellow posters are saying you look like a tard for suggesting that our coaches only went after Cotton to keep him from you and that you happened to know about this HS injury that he covered up, so you went after a lesser rated QB.

Newsflash...the idea of recruiting is to identify players you want and to out recruit the other coaches? How about this...the guy was recruited by Ark but just chose a different school. You don't have to spin everything into a "Bobby is a football god who can see the future" post. Lots of players chose schools other than your own and it isn't because your coach had some inside info and let him get away.

Evidently Cotton had the torn labrum in HS. In HS, he played through the pain and kept it a secret for recruiting purposes. I can't say I blame him. The amount of practice for HS is significantly less and Cotton was able to cover up the injury and play through it.

Apparently Cotton didn't throw as much as Stanley in the off season and our coaches knew this. They didn't know the reason. Cotton was apparently not throwing as much because he knew he had a problem. When Cotton had to throw a ton of balls in the spring, he couldn't hide the pain any longer. He got an MRI and it appears he has a slightly torn labrum.

As some of the more informed posters stated in this thread, not all torn labrums are the same. Cotton's tear is in the rear of the labrum which is less problematic than the front. It is also just a small tear. These tears many times heal themselves with proper rehab. Many players continue to play with the injury. Drew Brees did for a while. Tate Forcier did last year. The Cotton family will make the final decision on surgery. For the record, he performed pretty well yesterday in our scrimmage. He had two long passes that didn't seem to be affected by the injury.

jep_hog_fan

Hate to hear that for any kid. I especially hate to hear Nutt use it as an excuse for his upcoming failed season.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 17, 2010, 01:14:42 pm
  I say Tight End.....but I do wish the young man a healthy recovery

I guess tight end is a possibility.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: olemissbydamn on April 18, 2010, 11:02:43 am

Evidently Cotton had the torn labrum in HS. In HS, he played through the pain and kept it a secret for recruiting purposes. I can't say I blame him. The amount of practice for HS is significantly less and Cotton was able to cover up the injury and play through it.

Didn't he reshirt last year? Why wasn't it taken care of then if he had it in high school instead of working with the Scout team?

scottycameron

Quote from: hognc2010 on April 16, 2010, 08:19:38 pm

Sorry

Please tell me you to went to MSU at one point.   That is the most retarded back to back post performance I've ever seen. 

zark

QuoteYour fellow posters are saying you look like a tard for suggesting that our coaches only went after Cotton to keep him from you and that you happened to know about this HS injury that he covered up, so you went after a lesser rated QB.

Newsflash for you.

Petrino shows interest in Cotton.  Nutt finds out and goes "keeping up with the Jones's hunting + vendetta".

Petrino finds out about bum shoulder and FINDS another option he likes better.

Petrino changes his priorities and Nutt chases on.

Petrino signs the Cadillac and Nutt ends up with the lemon.

One last Newsflash, it wouldn't matter who Nutt ended up with, they will fail.

jkstock04

I am just now getting over a torn labrum...it was very frustrating and hurt like hell.  I didn't have to have surgery...but still yet even with proper rehabilitation it has taken me about 3-4 months to get over it...I'm probably still not 100% but close to it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

As some of the more informed posters stated in this thread, not all torn labrums are the same. Cotton's tear is in the rear of the labrum which is less problematic than the front. It is also just a small tear. These tears many times heal themselves with proper rehab. Many players continue to play with the injury.
This sounds exactly what like what I had...and yep doc told me I was lucky it was in the rear and not the front.  This isn't as serious as a rotator cuff...some ways you can move and you feel zero pain, but I promise you u move 'that' certain way and it hurts like hell. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

olemissbydamn

Quote from: zark on April 19, 2010, 09:38:07 pm
Newsflash for you.

Petrino shows interest in Cotton.  Nutt finds out and goes "keeping up with the Jones's hunting + vendetta".

Nice conspiracy theory you got there. You better put on your tin hat and head to the bunker in your grandmas basement.

When a four star national type QB decommits from his original school, lots of coaches are going to try to recruit him. Just because Ark was one of them, doesn't mean the rest of the SEC is following Petrino. Otherwise how do you explain how you closed last years recruiting? I certainly didn't see lots of other SEC coaches following Petrino then.

In the SEC, there is always going to be overlap in recruiting. In general, we recruit the same areas. Some of the delusional posters like you will point out any recruit that Petrino contacts before Nutt as evidence, but you fail to notice any recruit that Petrino contacts after Nutt. Again, it's just overlap that makes for fun message board fodder for the tin hat crowd. 

hognc2010

I went back and read old threads since I was trying to post from memory in the beginning,
MeGee and Petrino liked Cotton but wanted to use him in a role different from what he wanted to do so he( Cotton) didn't want to come here.

I felt that our coaches were aware of his injury and knew that using him as a QB in the role he wanted wasn't the best for him or the team and I think is why we didn't keep on pushing to get him even after he said no thanks. 

As far as following Petrino the year in which Cotton was recruited if you go back and look your coach wasn't just following us he was following several coaches around.  He was seldom the first in the door.  He was trying to be MR. Recruiter man and say see I am great.

What I noticed was that Nutt made a big splash in recruiting Cotton -
But as soon as he was injured he made a big deal about him not being ready.  That is the point - It is the kids fault
Shame on him he should of had expectations that he would be ready and if he wasn't then don't deal with it in public the way he did.  He knew he had an injury and he should of had a plan to help him.

He is your problem not mine and lets hope he doesn't destroy another QB as he has done over the years

See Robert Johnson - Cotton better get ready for some wide receiver time.

Just so you know many fans are relating to what is happening to you as to what has happened to us so we are just seeing history repeat itself - these are not conspiracy theories

olemissbydamn

Quote from: hognc2010 on April 20, 2010, 10:10:22 am
MeGee and Petrino liked Cotton but wanted to use him in a role different from what he wanted to do so he( Cotton) didn't want to come here.

I felt that our coaches were aware of his injury and knew that using him as a QB in the role he wanted wasn't the best for him or the team and I think is why we didn't keep on pushing to get him even after he said no thanks. 

As far as following Petrino the year in which Cotton was recruited if you go back and look your coach wasn't just following us he was following several coaches around.  He was seldom the first in the door.  He was trying to be MR. Recruiter man and say see I am great.

He knew he had an injury and he should of had a plan to help him.

He is your problem not mine and lets hope he doesn't destroy another QB as he has done over the years

See Robert Johnson - Cotton better get ready for some wide receiver time.

Just so you know many fans are relating to what is happening to you as to what has happened to us so we are just seeing history repeat itself - these are not conspiracy theories

God you are an idiot.

So now you are saying in your first paragraph that McGee and Petrino didn't want to use him in the role (QB) that he wanted. However the party line at Hogville has said that Petrino doesn't move players around. The party line has been that he recruits players that play the position in HS that they'll play in college.

Then you say that you "felt" (indicating past tense...during his recruitment) that your coaches knew of this injury that has not been diagnosed until now. Congratulations...evidently you and your coaches are both clairvoyant. Coaches from all over the country recruited this kid, but didn't know of the injury. Recruiting fans all over the country followed him, but didn't know of the injury, yet YOU did. You felt it, right?

So this begs the question...if they knew of the injury, why waste time and resources recruiting him to begin with?

As far as your comment about Nutt following other coaches, do you expect any coach to be the first to offer EVERY prospect? If any coach offers a prospect before Petrino, does that mean Petrino was "following them around". Cause I can point to specific examples if you'd like.

And for the last time...Nobody knew of Cotton's injury except he and possibly his family. Otherwise during the emense coverage of his recruitment, someone would have mentioned it. How do you suppose Nutt was supposed to "help" this injury that he didn't know existed?

Robert Johnson - Wr time? You yourself said that Petrino and McGee had another role for Cotton, but you accuse Nutt of wanting to move him.

Your attempt at the reach around for Petrino is quite the stretch.

hognc2010

First I am not an  Idiot.  Just because I don't choose to see something the way you do or  believe that others may of known something that you don't doesn't make me an idiot.

Your attempt to try and tell Razorback fans that Nutt is great all the time is more of a stretch. 

PS  What I meant by role was not change of position - It was how he would be used as QB. 

By the way I was wrong on the shoulder injury I had remembered reading he had an injury and this was the one -
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3567241

"Cotton was a full time starter as a sophomore until a quad injury sidelined him for the rest of the season."

olemissbydamn

Quote from: hognc2010 on April 20, 2010, 11:51:39 am
First I am not an  Idiot.  Just because I don't choose to see something the way you do or  believe that others may of known something that you don't doesn't make me an idiot.

Your attempt to try and tell Razorback fans that Nutt is great all the time is more of a stretch. 

PS  What I meant by role was not change of position - It was how he would be used as QB. 

By the way I was wrong on the shoulder injury I had remembered reading he had an injury and this was the one -
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3567241

"Cotton was a full time starter as a sophomore until a quad injury sidelined him for the rest of the season."

I'm not proclaining Nutt as great. I don't believe that and I wouldn't begin to try and convince this crowd of that.

With that said...I don't "choose" to see something a certain way. That is your problem. I look at the facts. You have "chosen" to turn anything associated with your former coach into a negative, even if it means you say soemthing outlandish that makes you appear to be an idiot.

And regarding this "role" that you have "chosen" to believe your coach had for Cotton, tell us about it. Obviously you have spoken with the Cotton family or Petrino about how he planned to use Cotton. The only other role I can think of for a QB, is a spread or running QB. Are you suggesting that Petrino would change his offense? If the role of pro-style QB wasn't what Cotton wanted, why did he sign with a team that runs a pro-style offense as opposed to a spread or option? 

cbjagman

Quote from: zark on April 19, 2010, 09:38:07 pm
Newsflash for you.

Mitchell wasn't exactly a dud when it came as an alternative to Cotton. Who really gives a damn now that he's with Ole Misery?

razorback44

Well to be fair OMBD you guys pushed the "Wild Rebel" package pretty hard to him just like you have done with Mackey and numerous other recruits. 

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

olemissbydamn

Quote from: razorback44 on April 20, 2010, 12:15:39 pm
Well to be fair OMBD you guys pushed the "Wild Rebel" package pretty hard to him just like you have done with Mackey and numerous other recruits.

We do that with lots of skill players.

It only makes sense. The kids like it. Many of them are already doing a version of it in HS and they like the role.

I know we catch some slack for talking to multiple players about the role when only one can do it at a time, but it isn't like you can identify the exact player that will excel enough once on campus to run it beforehand. You promise several of them the chance, then you sort it out once on campus, just like you do with any position.

And if Ark doesn't use "run the Ryan Mallett offense" or "be the next Cobi" after this season, they are crazy. You sell what is popular.

Cotton is a drop back passer, but if he doesn't get the starting job, I fully expect him to be used some in the wildcat due to his athletism. It certainly helps to have a guy who can run as well as pass. Our passing out of the wildcat thus far has been pretty inefficient. Randall Mackey is who I really expect to see thrive in the wildcat.

OTTER

Quote from: hoosier on April 16, 2010, 11:59:16 am
http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1075214

Nutt said Friday morning it's believed Cotton suffered the injury in high school.

"He's played with it," Nutt said. "He's just going to have to fight through it."

Idiot. Taking a chance on ruining a kids carrer instead of gettting it fixed.
Shall we revisit the list of kids The Mississippi Moron said the same thing about at Arkansas.  In fact, his disreguard for injuries absolutely bordered on stupidity and each and every time, he threw the player under the bus.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

razorback44

Quote from: olemissbydamn on April 20, 2010, 12:30:21 pm
We do that with lots of skill players.

It only makes sense. The kids like it. Many of them are already doing a version of it in HS and they like the role.

I know we catch some slack for talking to multiple players about the role when only one can do it at a time, but it isn't like you can identify the exact player that will excel enough once on campus to run it beforehand. You promise several of them the chance, then you sort it out once on campus, just like you do with any position.

And if Ark doesn't use "run the Ryan Mallett offense" or "be the next Cobi" after this season, they are crazy. You sell what is popular.

Cotton is a drop back passer, but if he doesn't get the starting job, I fully expect him to be used some in the wildcat due to his athletism. It certainly helps to have a guy who can run as well as pass. Our passing out of the wildcat thus far has been pretty inefficient. Randall Mackey is who I really expect to see thrive in the wildcat.

Sorry, I guess what I meant to say came across wrong. I wasn't trying to slam you guys.

What I meant is that the "Wildcat" or Single Wing offense is more of a Spread offense than pro-style and that is what he was pitched in his recruitment.

Nutt basically ran a spread with Matt Jones and I envision that is the particular offense he would run with Cotton or Mackey. 
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

hog_fan

Why didn't he have surgery last fall giving him time to recover and be 100% for the Spring? Your telling me your coach and trainers didn't know he was injured? They should have been able to tell.

And why is Nutt telling this guy and his family what he is going to do? If you remember Nutt tried to force BC to play as well even though Doctors told him 100% not to play. It wasn't safe. Nutt doesn't give a crap about his players only himself.

3BoarsDown

Mackey isn't even guaranteed to make it on campus. He was suppossed to be in Oxford a while ago. He has to retake two courses he hasn't passed in the summer.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: hog_fan on April 20, 2010, 01:49:19 pm
Why didn't he have surgery last fall giving him time to recover and be 100% for the Spring? Your telling me your coach and trainers didn't know he was injured? They should have been able to tell.

And why is Nutt telling this guy and his family what he is going to do? If you remember Nutt tried to force BC to play as well even though Doctors told him 100% not to play. It wasn't safe. Nutt doesn't give a crap about his players only himself.

As bad as you want this to be Nutt's fault, it isn't. You can come up with as many "what if's" as you'd like, but it doesn't change things.

He didn't have surgery last fall because nobody knew there was a tear. It's pretty obvious that Cotton has just recently come clean about the old problem. He knew he had some soreness in it from time to time, but it's something that has really flared up since he has been in the battle for a starting position that required him to throw a lot more balls at one time than he has in the past. Nick Foles of Arizona hid his torn labrum during his senior season.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/tag/gameday/

During the periods when Cotton wasn't throwing a lot of balls, he hasn't had pain. The only way to diagnose a torn labrum is with an MRI. A little soreness isn't an issue that requires an MRI.

Why is Nutt telling the player what to do you ask? I'll answer with a question also. Why are you trying to make an argument with nothing to back it up.

Nutt hasn't decided what the kid will do. He met with Cotton's family to make the decision. Everyone involved is trying to do what's best for Cotton.

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/7115712/article-Stanley-the-starter-at-Ole-Miss--but-Cotton-raises-stock-with-spring-game-performance?instance=secondary_stories_left_column

http://dailyme.com/story/2010041800002520/stanley-starter-ole-miss-cotton-raises.html

And as mentioned above, depending on the severity of the torn labrum and location of the tear, surgery isn't always necessary. Lots of players continue to play through it and then rehad it. Tate Forcier played most of last season with a torn labrum. I guess Rich Rod was the problem there too. Drew Brees played with the problem for a while. What about Kyle Boller and the Ravens? Kentucky and Mossakowski? Waht about Chad Pennington and the Jets? Surely a pro franchise would diagnose this injury immediately and wouldn't have played him. Frank Solich's QB at Ohio played with a torn labrum last year.

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/archive.php?ac=t&forumid=34122&date=02-04-2005&t=291320-1

http://www.kentuckyink.com/index.php/free-football/1195-ki-qaa-kentucky-qb-signee-ryan-mossakowski

hognc2010

April 20, 2010, 04:52:46 pm #40 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:44:56 pm by hognc2010
OMBD the role I was speaking of is the change of pace QB -

From my understanding of reading the post from that time period he was not interested in that role and playing behind Ryan. 

Please remember we had many players who got injured and got bad advise from our past coach that is why this is a touchy subject for us.

My reference to Robert Johnson was he was a very highly rated dual threat QB for the hogs out of highschool- I think he was  18th QB in the country and when he got hurt he came back as a wide receiver that is why I made the Wide Receiver comment.

Last yes I am negative about HDN.  I will not disagree however it is not outlandish as there is nothing that this coach won't do to make himself look better.

Thank you for all your links and it is to bad Cotton played with all that pain on Saturday to become the number 2 QB. Regardless of what you think as a fan of the Hogs I have more than enough to back up every negative thought I have about your coach I sat through one to many of his games where we lost from his mistakes.

Enjoy your season and I hope that Cotton does what is best for him in the long run and makes the decision based on what his family doctor in Maryland says.

Pig in the Pokey

Your fellow posters are saying you look like a tard for suggesting that our coaches only went after Cotton to keep him from you and that you happened to know about this HS injury that he covered up, so you went after a lesser rated QB.

Newsflash...the idea of recruiting is to identify players you want and to out recruit the other coaches? How about this...the guy was recruited by Ark but just chose a different school. You don't have to spin everything into a "Bobby is a football god who can see the future" post. Lots of players chose schools other than your own and it isn't because your coach had some inside info and let him get away.

Apparently Cotton didn't throw as much as Stanley in the off season and our coaches knew this. They didn't know the reason. Cotton was apparently not throwing as much because he knew he had a problem. When Cotton had to throw a ton of balls in the spring, he couldn't hide the pain any longer. He got an MRI and it appears he has a slightly torn labrum.

As some of the more informed posters stated in this thread, not all torn labrums are the same. Cotton's tear is in the rear of the labrum which is less problematic than the front. It is also just a small tear. These tears many times heal themselves with proper rehab. Many players continue to play with the injury. Drew Brees did for a while. Tate Forcier did last year. The Cotton family will make the final decision on surgery. For the record, he performed pretty well yesterday in our scrimmage. He had two long passes that didn't seem to be affected by the injury.
hahahahahahaha DA QB KILLA
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

zark

Olemissbydamn, all you need to know about Coach Hooter is this......

....He once asked the family of a player to MOVE the date of a FUNERAL due to it interfering with a game.

And its DOCUMENTED, either by the paper or television, it's out there.

Now, who in their right mind would ask such a thing, who would even think to ask.............Coach Hooter.

The man belongs in a van down by the river. 

HoopS

That's the thing.  OMBD makes a statement which on the surface seems right and with 99% of coaches, he would be right.   But make no mistake, Nutt isn't interested in doing what's right for Cotton.  His intent is to do what's best for him.   Him being Nutt.  Not the kid.   Now if the parents call BS and demand he not play and get surgery, then he will.  I would then expect Nutt to blame him for your failures in '10.  If only Cotton could have toughed it out - a 2 year pass may be required. 

See, while I respect your take as a fan, I have been around your coach a good while.   He's a fraud.   Plain and simple.  You'll figure it out one day and when you do, perhaps we'll sit down and share "WTH was he thinking when he...." stories about Dale. 

TomasPistola

I don't know why Hog fans feel like they need to warn Ole Miss fans about Hootie. They know deep in their hearts what they are gonna get - Cutcliffe + an occasional 10 win season. If that makes them happy, God bless em. They took him and I couldn't be happier. Even if it did cost us 3 Mil to dump that chump.

What irritates me is guys like OMBD that seem to think defending the WeaselDoosh matters. He's our former coach. We hate him. We're glad he's gone. It's our right to trash him as much as we want on our boards. Whether it's for legitimate reasons or not - we choose to bash the Dork and will continue to bash the Dork. I understand them having a problem with our fans on their boards. But here it's our right to hate on Giggity Giggity Goo. I don't care if he knew about this kid's shoulder or not. I care about beating that chump in Fayetteville this year.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

zark

QuoteYou'll figure it out one day and when you do, perhaps we'll sit down and share "WTH was he thinking when he...." stories about Dale.

They will get their first taste this season, much like we did in year 3.  I won't be surprised if Stanley gets hurt, Cotton has surgery, and Mackey doesn't make it to campus and the Hooter has to pick up an Ole Miss Intramural League QB to lead the offense in an SEC game.

Oops, he's already done that at Arkansas.

He has Ole Miss in the same exact position he did in year 3 at Arkansas, just a few injuries away from catastrophe.  And we all know who's fault it will be, the injured players.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: zark on April 21, 2010, 07:07:11 am
He has Ole Miss in the same exact position he did in year 3 at Arkansas, just a few injuries away from catastrophe.  And we all know who's fault it will be, the injured players.
And even more disgusting, Hootie believes it. Just like his "daddy" raised him, nothing is ever Houston's fault.

jbcarol

Thursdays with Hooten ... 10 Minutes with Nutt

QuoteQB Raymond Cotton is still getting second opinions on his shoulder injury, but the process has been slowed by finals week. The coaches hope Cotton can rehabilitate the partially torn labrum without surgery, but "we've got to do what's best for Raymond." Nutt did say Cotton's shoulder was feeling much better after a few weeks of rest.

cbjagman

Well we can see ole Hooter already planning for the future. He's putting in the minds of all the Ole Misery fans that if Cotton "flames" out at qb the he will be the sacrificial goat.