Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt has termed this season at Ole Piss

Started by 3BoarsDown, March 26, 2010, 08:18:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: booogaga on March 26, 2010, 09:06:24 am
i hope he loses every single game.

Noooooo he needs to win 5-6-7 games each year unless you want the Ole Miss bot to fire him.  He is basically the Razorback Nations entertainment ...

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

rebelbruiser

Quote from: porkinsons disease on March 29, 2010, 02:40:10 pm
Okay, I'm not calling you out because you are the enemy, but it seems some are talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Nutt walks into a siuation with a veteran team and has some success. Petrino pretty much has to start with leftovers. Yet most Ole Miss fans act like we were crazy for running Nutt off. They are bashing the Hogs for running Nutt off because Ole Miss had more success the last 2 years. The deck is stacked aginst Ole Miss; so now they want to play the "young team" card even though they trashed our fanbase when we pointed out the fact that we were the youngest team in the SEC.

Seems like you (not directly you Bruiser) want it both ways. You get no sympathy from us and hopefully not from CBP. I am curious to see how well Nutt "coaches" this year. I await your response.

I understand your point, and yes we have some that feel the way you describe and ran their mouths about it.  I understand that you had two classes in a row that had high attrition rates under Nutt, which is why you were young the last two years.  It's also why you went 13-12 over those seasons.  Fortunately for us, through 3 classes, Nutt has landed two of the best we've had in our modern history (matching Orgeron's 1 really good class), and we've had very low attrition from all 3 classes.  That talent isn't going to be ready to carry the team this fall, but it'll be there in 2011 and 2012.

The only thing I'll say about Nutt when he first got to Ole Miss is though we did have some talent and one class in particular that was able to carry the team for a couple years talent-wise, we had a team that still had to learn how to win, and that was on the coaching staff to get them over that hump.  They had the ability, but it wasn't just as easy as throwing a ball out and winning.  If that was the case, they wouldn't have gone 0-8 in SEC play in 2007.

All that other BS aside, we're going to be young in 2010 due to a combination of three things which I've covered many times: 1) lack of redshirts in Orgeron's 2006 class  leading to only about 5 fifth year seniors this fall, 2) high attrition from Orgeron's 2007 class, leading to a total of 8 fourth year seniors and juniors, and 3) a lot of redshirting in Nutt's 2008 class, leading to only about 6 third year juniors.  We've added some Juco help to back fill some of that, but we're going to be playing with a combination of roughly 20-25 juniors and seniors combined in 2010, and we're going to be doing it while replacing 14 starters on offense and defense.  That's not a recipe for winning in the SEC.

The rational fans in our fanbase understand this and will be more than happy with a low-level bowl this year.  This year for us is going to be all about gaining experience for our freshmen and sophomores to get them ready to carry our team in 2011 and 2012.

We're not one of the elite SEC programs and probably never will be barring some drastic population changes or changes to the college football landscape and changes to our university and state as a whole, most of which are factors outside of our control.  Knowing that, I'm happy as long as we are competitive most years, and I know that we'll likely have to go through rebuilding every so often for a year or so when we have young teams.  You can't have a veteran team every year.

rebelbruiser

March 30, 2010, 12:51:39 pm #52 Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:08:14 pm by rebelbruiser
Quote from: gbaurnett on March 29, 2010, 03:08:33 pm
The fans of Ole Miss think they have the easiest schedule in the history of football.  The fans are going to be very disappointed if they win less than 8.  I really don't like the fans of Ole Miss, but I am realated to some of them on my SPOUSE's side of the family.

Then the fans you know are some of our irrational fans, or the fans that don't follow football that well.  If you go to Nafoom, we've discussed the coming season already, and most of us feel like 8 wins is our ceiling (regular season) if everything goes perfect, and it never does.  Some feel like 7 is the best we can expect.  Only a couple have said they think we can do anything more than that, and it's those fans that will never be happy no matter what we do.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: eathill5 on March 29, 2010, 05:25:32 pm
The difference between you guys and our fans, is that we have all realized that exactly what you post above is incorrect.  That is exactly what we did for 10 years listening to the dork tell us well wait til next year or the one after that, but we got tired of the BS.  Continue to accept mediocrity and in 5 years we will be right there with Florida, Bama, and LSU and you will be right in the same spot with Ms. ST and Kentucky.......enjoy!

This I disagree with.  You'll always be middle of the pack in the SEC because of your recruiting base.  You're not an elite SEC program, and it's not just a problem you can solve with a coach.

This isn't the SWC.  Your program is a step above ours, but it's still below the other Big 6 in the SEC.  I don't see that changing much.  You can have a couple years here and there where you might have the stars align and compete for and possibly even win an SEC title, but those years will be few and far between.

I know you don't want to believe that, but that's the way I see it for your program.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: cmevere1027 on March 29, 2010, 03:24:12 pm
this is nutts 3rd year, he should have jrs and redshirt soph that hes recruited, oh yeah he used up all of coach o's players

your 3rd year as a coach shouldnt be a rebuilding year

He has 6 third year juniors and a good number of redshirt sophomores.  Read my post above.  I still don't think those are the players that win games for you in the SEC.  You win big with strong classes of 4th and 5th year players.  Our 4th and 5th year players are thin classes as I outlined above.  That's why we're rebuilding in 2010.

It's not just Year 3 = Greatness.  In fact, Year 3 for the great recruiter Ed Orgeron, whose praises are sung often on here was an 0-8 SEC campaign for us, the first winless SEC season for us in a quarter century, because his best recruits were 2nd year players that season, and we lacked quality in our 4th and 5th year players.  Nutt's best classes will be 1st and 2nd year players in 2010.

Because you were young in 2008 and 2009, Petrino's first classes have a little bit more game experience, but I still don't think you'll see the dividends of his recruiting until 2011 and 2012.

mpeacock

^I hate to admit it, but any program that continues to celebrate a LOSS (see 1969) as the most important game in school history probably lacks what it takes to be consistently elite. Once we get over that game we might move forward.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: farmhawg on March 30, 2010, 09:00:18 am
That explains why you ran Cutcliffe off right? You are delusional if you think we actually believe any of the crap you spew.

Again, you don't know anything about the Cutcliffe situation.  The majority of our fans didn't want to see him fired after the 2004 season.  In fact, our AD didn't even want to fire him.  We had been having issues with our defense for quite a few years though, issues that were disguised in 2001-2003 because we had Eli Manning under center on offense to carry the team.  After the 2004 season, our AD finally had some material to be able to push Cutcliffe on those issues.

He wanted Cutcliffe to come up with a plan to show what was going to be done to improve the defense primarily and get the offense back on track.  Cutcliffe wouldn't give him a plan other than to say we're going to keep doing what we're doing.  Meetings went on for about 2 weeks following the season with the AD and Cutcliffe going head to head essentially.  The AD primarily was looking for staff changes.  Cutcliffe refused.  Eventually Boone fired him because he wouldn't agree to change anything.

It wasn't like our fans got the pitchforks out and ran Cutcliffe off for one losing season.  That's not the way it went down.

eathill5

Quote from: rebelbruiser on March 30, 2010, 12:49:25 pm
We're not one of the elite SEC programs and probably never will be barring some drastic population changes or changes to the college football landscape and changes to our university and state as a whole, most of which are factors outside of our control.  Knowing that, I'm happy as long as we are competitive most years, and I know that we'll likely have to go through rebuilding every so often for a year or so when we have young teams.  You can't have a veteran team every year.

First sentence is exactly why Miss will always be at the bottom, you accept it as fact and are happy with it.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Sivad

March 30, 2010, 03:20:26 pm #58 Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:59:56 pm by Sivad
Quote from: rebelbruiser on March 30, 2010, 01:04:48 pm

Again, you don't know anything.................

Oh you are SO right!
PLEASE, please, please keep that wonderful genius, fine christian man, quarterback impressario, recruiter par excellance, master of the sideline, formation innovator, renowned public speaker and builder of national championships, the Right Reverend Houston-Dale Nutt as the coach of your beloved and beleagured Rebels (or whatever they are this week).
Even though since you are a divisional opponent of our Hogs and we will have to play you every year with this dynamo on your side, we will just have to bear it.
Please keep Nutt and the Nutt Family FOREVER! Just trust us.

farmhawg

Quote from: rebelbruiser on March 30, 2010, 01:04:48 pm
Again, you don't know anything about the Cutcliffe situation.  The majority of our fans didn't want to see him fired after the 2004 season.  In fact, our AD didn't even want to fire him.  We had been having issues with our defense for quite a few years though, issues that were disguised in 2001-2003 because we had Eli Manning under center on offense to carry the team.  After the 2004 season, our AD finally had some material to be able to push Cutcliffe on those issues.

He wanted Cutcliffe to come up with a plan to show what was going to be done to improve the defense primarily and get the offense back on track.  Cutcliffe wouldn't give him a plan other than to say we're going to keep doing what we're doing.  Meetings went on for about 2 weeks following the season with the AD and Cutcliffe going head to head essentially.  The AD primarily was looking for staff changes.  Cutcliffe refused.  Eventually Boone fired him because he wouldn't agree to change anything.

It wasn't like our fans got the pitchforks out and ran Cutcliffe off for one losing season.  That's not the way it went down.
That's not the way it went down here either. You know that but you want to point the finger at our fans and say we are delusional. If you weren't part of the MsM then you might be able to see that fact.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: rebelbruiser on March 30, 2010, 12:54:45 pm
This I disagree with.  You'll always be middle of the pack in the SEC because of your recruiting base.  You're not an elite SEC program, and it's not just a problem you can solve with a coach.

This isn't the SWC.  Your program is a step above ours, but it's still below the other Big 6 in the SEC.  I don't see that changing much.  You can have a couple years here and there where you might have the stars align and compete for and possibly even win an SEC title, but those years will be few and far between.

I know you don't want to believe that, but that's the way I see it for your program.
Maybe this explains your fans lack of any real goals and low expectations.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Smithian

I'm going to give rebelbruiser the credit the guy loves his Ole Miss Rebels and defends them to other fan bases. I was the same way when Nutt was here, except the Nutt defending part.

Mr. Hughes

Quote from: Ar_Hog on March 30, 2010, 08:22:28 am
"I would look for a two QB system next year with Stanley leading the way.

Expect us to run, run and run some more next year."

http://www.rebelfaithful.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16052&start=0

Ole Piss practice report....

LMAO!

The 3rd post on this link -

"you put the cherry on my day - thanks!
DB said PatPat was there, hauling around fballs - seems odd. Nutt psychology
?"

I assume "PatPat" is Patrick Patterson? Is this guy saying that Patterson is just being a ball boy?

Mr. Hughes

Quote from: Mr. Hughes on March 30, 2010, 06:49:33 pm
The 3rd post on this link -

"you put the cherry on my day - thanks!
DB said PatPat was there, hauling around fballs - seems odd. Nutt psychology
?"

I assume "PatPat" is Patrick Patterson? Is this guy saying that Patterson is just being a ball boy?

Nevermind. Just saw that he was suspended for spring practice.

DeltaBoy

The MSM Nuttitantic is going to hit an SEC Iceburg and sink this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.