Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt and Shon Coleman spoke last night?

Started by 3BoarsDown, January 21, 2010, 06:05:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

Yancy Porter (OM Scout writer) is claiming Shon and Nutt spoke last night while on his Arkansas visit and that Shon let Nutt know he'd be in Oxford this weekend.

If true, I wonder who intiated it.

RazorBacker215

That would be bad if Coleman called Nutt while on his visit to Arkansas to tell him that he would be in Oxford this weekend. I don't think that would be too good for us.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on January 21, 2010, 06:05:03 pm
Yancy Porter (OM Scout writer) is claiming Shon and Nutt spoke last night while on his Arkansas visit and that Shon let Nutt know he'd be in Oxford this weekend.

If true, I wonder who intiated it.

BP needs to accuse HDN, during a press conference, of committing a recruiting violation by doing that.

I wonder if HDN even knew Coleman was on a visit.  Hmmm...
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

The_Boot_stops_here

ole piss has absolutely no chance to land this kid...which, by the way, is just a slightly worse chance than we have unfortunatly

Hogbody

Huds_HawgTide

oh well what a thrill it would be to land a kid like this...but who are we kidding...show him a good time and cross your fingers that we get the star power everyone is craving
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The Realist

Gotta think TN is more of a threat than Ole Miss in terms of flipping him.  Said he grew up a Vol fan but Kiffin was slow playing the kid.

I just want him at either Ark or TN over barn or piss
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Sharp Shooter

Coleman was texting all through the bball game.

RaiderHog1979

Quote from: Sharp Shooter on January 22, 2010, 07:43:11 am
Not sure where you are going with this post

jcharkansas

QuoteColeman was texting all through the bball game.
that figures I bet he was just lookin for a free trip

Steef

Quote from: Sharp Shooter on January 22, 2010, 07:43:11 am

That could just mean he isn't excited about basketball.

RaiderHog1979

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 22, 2010, 07:47:35 am
Really, you come to that conclusion.... Kids text constantly now days, they do it when they are driving, when they are in class or when they are at ball games.  This is how they communicate so really it is a bit of a stretch to assume he was looking for a free trip when he was simply texting during a ball game.  Talk about going overboard

Sharp Shooter

I wasn't reading anything into him texting. With the OP's question and Nutt's texting history I was making light of the situation. You know kinda like a joke.

SquidBilly

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 22, 2010, 07:47:35 am

If that were the case there are a lot of better places he could've gone than NWA in the middle of winter.  No school would have turned down a visit from a highly rated OT.

RaiderHog1979

Quote from: Sharp Shooter on January 22, 2010, 07:57:03 am
I wasn't reading anything into him texting. With the OP's question and Nutt's texting history I was making light of the situation. You know kinda like a joke.
That's what I thought, but others took it as the kid was looking for a free trip.  Not sure how those two ideas came together

jcharkansas

QuoteThat's what I thought, but others took it as the kid was looking for a free trip.  Not sure how those two ideas came together
ok bjendrejas i was just guessing, its not like kids havent done that before, not trying to piss you off but i guess you thought it was worth a smite anyway

Music City Hog

Coleman is not going to Ole Miss this weekend.  He will be in Knoxville.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 22, 2010, 08:37:05 am

Nope, going to Oxford.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

RaiderHog1979

Quote from: jcharkansas on January 22, 2010, 08:13:16 am
ok bjendrejas i was just guessing, its not like kids havent done that before, not trying to piss you off but i guess you thought it was worth a smite anyway
I did think it was worth a smite because you took a shot at a recruit without anything to back it up. 

Music City Hog

Quote from: KevinOMReb on January 22, 2010, 08:39:07 am
Nope, going to Oxford.

If true, that is a break for the Hogs.  Tennessee is a much greater concern. 

jcharkansas

well whatever you think, I wasnt trying to take a shot at a recruit I want him to come as bad as anyone, but from the earlier posts thats what it kind of sounded like with him talkin to nutt while he was hear and everything.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: KevinOMReb on January 22, 2010, 08:39:07 am
Nope, going to Oxford.
He may be in Oxfart this weekend, but that will be his last trip there.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hogsmaster

Maybe Nutt wanted know if the catfish was still good?

saywhat?

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 22, 2010, 08:55:10 am
He may be in Oxfart this weekend, but that will be his last trip there.

Actually, he'll be making several trips there over the next 4 years to pound Ole Sissy in the ground.

Hawgon

Is Yancy a member of the media?  Isn't it a recruiting violation to mention any player by name during the recruiting process?

olemissbydamn

Quote from: Hawgon on January 22, 2010, 09:29:17 am
Is Yancy a member of the media?  Isn't it a recruiting violation to mention any player by name during the recruiting process?

No. Have you ever read RD's blog?

It is a violation for a coach to mention a player by name in the media.

JIHawg

Yancy is their Odus.  If you're looking for a free trip, you don't go to a school mid-week with your Mom.

The point here is how classless Nutt is to text the kid while on his Arkansas visit. 

DEVIL DOG HOG

There are quite a lot of parents that want their sons and daughters to keep on taking visits so they can be "wine and dined".
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

beansandtaters

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 10:57:40 am

Ala Nutt with Ronald Cotton

RaiderHog1979

Quote from: JIHawg on January 22, 2010, 11:00:00 am
Yancy is their Odus.  If you're looking for a free trip, you don't go to a school mid-week with your Mom.

The point here is how classless Nutt is to text the kid while on his Arkansas visit.
Do we know that Nutt sent the kid a text while he was here? 

beansandtaters

Quote from: bjendrejas on January 22, 2010, 11:53:28 am

No. Their Odus reported that Nutt and Coleman talked to confirm his visit this weekend. Take anything Odus or Yancy says worth a grain of salt. They write to keep subscriptions up and subscribers happy.

Then, a poster made a comment about Coleman texting during the game which was followed by a joke about Nutt being Sir Text-a-lot.

tbhogfan

Quote from: bjendrejas on January 22, 2010, 11:53:28 am

The guy who wrote the article is not going to win any awards for journalistic excellence.  That is not to put anything crooked beyond Nutt, just to say this is not the most reliable source.
Go Hogs!

Hawgon

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 10:57:40 am

I've never seen RD or even the Coon whisperer say, "Coach Petrino told me X about recruit X."  They always cite sources close to the program.

TrojanHog

Quote from: JIHawg on January 22, 2010, 11:00:00 am

I'm pretty sure that all text messaging from coaches to recruits was banned a few years ago, so that would be great if Nutt was sending texts during the game. 

Of course, I could be getting the rule wrong, maybe it just closed a loophole for texting during dead periods, but I thought it was a total text ban.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: Hawgon on January 22, 2010, 12:35:50 pm
I've never seen RD or even the Coon whisperer say, "Coach Petrino told me X about recruit X."  They always cite sources close to the program.

The poster I was responding to asked if it was a violation for Yancy Porter to mention a recruits name. He said...

QuoteIs Yancy a member of the media?  Isn't it a recruiting violation to mention any player by name during the recruiting process?

I asked if he read RD's blog because RD (and every other recruiting writer) mentions recruits by name.

He was insinuating that it was some type of violation for Yancy to mention the recruits name. I was not insinuating RD or Petrino did anything wrong.

Hawgon

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 12:47:53 pm
The poster I was responding to asked if it was a violation for Yancy Porter to mention a recruits name. He said...

I asked if he read RD's blog because RD (and every other recruiting writer) mentions recruits by name.

He was insinuating that it was some type of violation for Yancy to mention the recruits name. I was not insinuating RD or Petrino did anything wrong.

It isn't a violation for a member of the media to mention a recruit's name.  It is a violation for a coach to speak specifically about a recruit to a member of the media.

I know Nuttsack knows the rule because he got a secondary violation on it when he was here.

Kilgor

Quote from: Hawgon on January 22, 2010, 01:01:02 pm
I know Nuttsack knows the rule because he got a secondary violation on it when he was here.

That doesn't neccesarily mean he knows the rule.  You give him a lot of credit.  :)
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

DoubleJ

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 12:47:53 pm

I think he meant that it would be a violation if Nutt mentioned the player by name to Yancy.  Maybe I'm wrong.

HOGKING

Rivals has him down to visit Miami this weekend

dhornjr1

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 22, 2010, 08:37:05 am

Seems like I heard he'll be in Knoxville next week.

beansandtaters

Quote from: HOGKING on January 22, 2010, 02:13:21 pm
Rivals has him down to visit Miami this weekend

Didn't he say in the rivals article this week that he was only going to visit Arkansas and Miami?

olemissbydamn

Quote from: beansandtaters on January 22, 2010, 02:29:10 pm
Didn't he say in the rivals article this week that he was only going to visit Arkansas and Miami?

OM writer just said that he has left Fayetteville and is enroute to Oxford. ETA 6PM.

RaiderHog1979

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 02:44:22 pm
OM writer just said that he has left Fayetteville and is enroute to Oxford. ETA 6PM.
Man that was quite a long visit for a kid that is just taking a free trip  ;)

beansandtaters

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 02:44:22 pm

Cool. Thanks for the info OMBD.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: bjendrejas on January 22, 2010, 02:56:55 pm
Man that was quite a long visit for a kid that is just taking a free trip  ;)

I know some have said he was just taking a free trip, but I have never said that. A recruiting visit is a recruiting visit. PERIOD.

A max of 48 hours is how long all official visits last BTW.

RaiderHog1979

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 03:06:27 pm
I know some have said he was just taking a free trip, but I have never said that. A recruiting visit is a recruiting visit. PERIOD.

A max of 48 hours is how long all official visits last BTW.
Yeah I know I was just having a little fun with it.  There are so many fans that read so much into the smallest things.  Like texting during a game or Nutt calling him while he is visiting here.  I am sure this takes place on both ends everyone is trying to get the scoop or update.  I think it bodes well for the Hogs that Robinson likes us and Coleman thought enough of us to come and visit us.  I think we have a legitimate shot at both, may not get both but we have a good shot at one maybe two.

kingofdequeen

this is easy...FOI hooter's cell records and see if there was a call outgoing to Shon. 

NCAA violation.

olemissbydamn

January 22, 2010, 03:25:22 pm #47 Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:27:44 pm by olemissbydamn
Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 22, 2010, 03:19:37 pm
this is easy...FOI hooter's cell records and see if there was a call outgoing to Shon. 

NCAA violation.

Did you go to the "Lane Kiffin Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"? Zoolander joke for those who don't understand...

It's not a violation to call a recruit while they are on a visit to another school. As a matter of fact, how can any coach know exactly where a recruit may be when they call?

You and Mr. Kiffin evidently don't understand this.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/39140432.html

razorback44

OMBD, what's the word on Shon visiting Ole Miss this weekend?  I thought he was supposed to be in Oxford but Volnation is saying that he will be in Knoxville?
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

wholehog92

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 22, 2010, 03:25:22 pm
Did you go to the "Lane Kiffin Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too"?

It's not a violation to call a recruit while they are on a visit to another school. As a matter of fact, how can any coach know exactly where a recruit may be when they call?

You and Mr. Kiffin evidently don't understand this.

That woosh sound was a joke going over your head.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.