Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt update

Started by 3BoarsDown, December 08, 2009, 06:19:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaverfever

Boy nutt really is a piece of work.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: psooie on December 08, 2009, 10:10:47 am
ole miss should follow the Boston College example of what to do with a coach pimping himself for another job and tell him to clean out his office

Boone should be openly shopping the available coaching talent. If Nutt questions it, he should just say "I'm busy".
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ronmahony on December 08, 2009, 10:22:09 am
I'd love to see him go, even though I want to kick his butt next year I can't hardly watch the game because I get pissed off every time they show his face. The only thing that would please me more would be for Ol Miss to see what he's doing and fire his butt, then Kansas hire someone else.
OMG YES!!!! Like that pollock dude from Boston College!

"If you interview you're DONE Here!!!"  "Man, you frontin!"

"Dude, ya FIRrrrrrrrrreDDDD!""
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pigs Been Fly

Ole Miss would never get the attention their getting now w/out "THE HOUSTON DALE NUTT".

Tejano Jawg

Can we fly a banner over Oxford that says "KEEP HOUSTON NUTT"?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Root66

Quote from: hogsanity on December 08, 2009, 09:34:32 am
Thisnk about, and remove your feeling for HDN.  If you were the coach at old misses wouldn't you want out?  You are in a division with Alabama ( currently playing for a BCSC ), rising fast Arkansas, LSU, and a MSU team that you are going to be fighting for recruits.  Now, you can head to the big12 North, possibly the worst div in BCS football.  A div where 4-4 in conference might very well land you a big12 camp game spot.

Only if you are a chickensh!t like Nutt. So it's impossible to separate the two issues. Sooner or later Nutt is going to run out of places to hide his coaching ineptness.

ronmahony

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 08, 2009, 10:30:32 am

ROFLMAO
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Pigs Been Fly

when did Arkansas beat Ole Miss ? Nutt don't look inept on that.

Root66

Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 08, 2009, 10:14:52 am
And Broyles protected him to almost the death of Arkansas Football. My point is he was supported by the PTB.

Yea White fired him alright. Biggest payoff in the history of college football. I bet Weiss don't end up with as much money as Nutt and White stole from the program.

Naaaaa, White protected him. Broyles would have fired him in 2002 if it had been his decision. I bet Weis (one s) won't either. White practically bankrupted the Razorback Foundation, between Richardson and Nutt.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 08, 2009, 10:30:32 am

I've got my credit card in hand...

Seriously, this story has too much mileage. I'm truly afraid this will be true. Nutt is wussing out before the Hogs (and everyone else) just runs them in the ground next season.

Root66

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:20:17 am
& then maybe we could both play in the COTTON BOWL !!!!!!!!!!! glory glory hallelujah.

Teresa, why not use your own photo in your avatar?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:34:07 am

You is right.  He don't look inept on dat. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pigs Been Fly

until you beat Nutt you can't run your mouth. I'm w/everybody on the Nutt issue, but he "owns" Arkansas until we prove otherwise.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Root66 on December 08, 2009, 10:39:40 am

I thought that WAS Teresa in that avatar.

Dwight_K_Shrute

To the Memphis guys that listen to WHBQ.  Lapides seemed fairly neutral or even leaning anti-nutt, but Brett Norsworthy and Dave Woloshin seemed like big huggers/apologists trying to offer explanations and validate Nutt's behavior.  Is this usually the case?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GreeneRev

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=204845907

Apparently Nutt has finally commented on it!  Still doesn't answer a lot of questions.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 08, 2009, 10:46:45 am
To the Memphis guys that listen to WHBQ.  Lapides seemed fairly neutral or even leaning anti-nutt, but Brett Norsworthy and Dave Woloshin seemed like big huggers/apologists trying to offer explanations and validate Nutt's behavior.  Is this usually the case?

Norsworthy and Woloshin are two of the biggest Nutt-huggers around. Lapides tries to stay neutral, but I'll bet he's chummy with Nutt, too.

3BoarsDown

Nutt finally speaks:

"I continue to appreciate the ongoing support of Chancellor Dan Jones and Athletics Director Pete Boone. We came to Ole Miss committed to building the type program that our fans deserve. Ole Miss is a great university and the quality of life in Oxford is the envy of others. I can't think of anywhere else we would like to be. There are so many positives here, and we're excited about the direction of the program. Our players are also excited and the response we are receiving from recruits and their parents is most gratifying. We appreciate the interest Kansas showed in our staff, but we are happy at Ole Miss and looking forward to the AT&T Cotton Bowl."

Pigs Been Fly

is it still 2007 ? teresa really ? why not mitch ? still doesn't change the fact we've lost to Nutt twice now. i know you all hate it.

ronmahony

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:42:40 am
until you beat Nutt you can't run your mouth. I'm w/everybody on the Nutt issue, but he "owns" Arkansas until we prove otherwise.

Danny what are you doing on here?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Pigs Been Fly

well would you look @ that. not only did he get the golden hancuff's schtick, he got a pay raise @ Ole Miss, has beaten Arkansas twice been to now two "Cotton Bowls - hey ho", & is now in line to get another raise. does it burn when you pee ? petrino is really comin thru.

hogfaninrogers

please excuse my ignorance, but what does tctwf mean?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:34:07 am
what, this year when he broke out ya'lls best player in week 7 while we were emotionally drained from the arse-raping in Gainsville,
or, last year when a phantom pi let ya'll sneak out during your dream season vs a totally inept freshman/dick qb'd squad?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GreeneRev

Quote from: hogfaninrogers on December 08, 2009, 11:02:04 am
please excuse my ignorance, but what does tctwf mean?

The Coach That Was Fired

Kevin

history repeats itself.

early success, big 12 school comes calling, holds up school for more.
nebraska vs arkansas
kansas vs ole miss

the guy is smart, and pushes all in when he has the hand.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dhornjr1

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on December 08, 2009, 10:54:07 am
Nutt finally speaks:

"I continue to appreciate the ongoing support of Chancellor Dan Jones and Athletics Director Pete Boone. We came to Ole Miss committed to building the type program that our fans deserve. Ole Miss is a great university and the quality of life in Oxford is the envy of others. I can't think of anywhere else we would like to be. There are so many positives here, and we're excited about the direction of the program. Our players are also excited and the response we are receiving from recruits and their parents is most gratifying. We appreciate the interest Kansas showed in our staff, but we are happy at Ole Miss and looking forward to the AT&T Cotton Bowl."

Nov. 27, 2006:
Nick Saban: "When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros. This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs?

"I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven't seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?"

Dec. 7, 2006:
Saban: "I'm flattered that they(Alabama) may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress."

Dec. 21, 2006:
Saban: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. ... I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here."

Jan. 4, 2007:

ESPN Headline:

"After repeated denials, Saban takes Bama job"

Oklahawg

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:58:43 am
well would you look @ that. not only did he get the golden hancuff's schtick, he got a pay raise @ Ole Miss, has beaten Arkansas twice been to now two "Cotton Bowls - hey ho", & is now in line to get another raise. does it burn when you pee ? petrino is really comin thru.

Nuttjob was at Arkansas longer than he should have been because...there's more to a coach than simple wins and losses. Similarly, there is more to Nutt at OM and Petrino at UA than simple wins and losses.

Nutt is the guy who caused the SEC to create a new recruiting rule.

When has Petrino underperformed vs predictions? Petrino hasn't been the SI coverboy yet, only to get caught dryhumping the Cotton Bowl trophy from last year. That would be Nutt.

Nutt has performed vs Arkansas the last two years as he should have - he had superior talent and was predicted to win both, and did just that.

I don't know what my biggest reason is for keeping Nutt in the SEC:
    1. Being able to enjoy seeing Nutt lose, often, close up
    2. not wanting Ole Miss to actually upgrade at HC and remain competitive
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on December 08, 2009, 10:54:07 am
Nutt finally speaks:

cheap shot but...

Nutt's constant Cotton Bowl banter reminds me of how Guiliani's punk-arse  ALWAYS finds a way to mention Sept. 11th

Pigs Been Fly

so Arkansas didn't lose to Ole Miss. whan can i be part of the club guy's. you never tell me the "real" story until now.

PORKER1

He is wanting to get out so he doesn't have to make the trip to Fayettville next year. He wants to be able to say that Arkansas never beat him. He knows there's a storm coming.

kgr

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:17:28 am
you all should "HOPE" nutt leave's so we can beat Ole Mss. don't seem to be able to that huh ?

There is a good ole piss board, try it.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

OTTER

He11, if he leaves for Kansass, I can't call him The Mississippi Moron any more.  Dog-gone it, that will ruin my day. >:(
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Arkapigdiesel

you all should "HOPE" nutt leave's so we can beat Ole Mss. don't seem to be able to that huh ?
Are you mentally challenged?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Kevin

if i was ole miss, i would help him pack.  i would not be held hostage by him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OTTER on December 08, 2009, 11:09:08 am
He11, if he leaves for Kansass, I can't call him The Mississippi Moron any more.  Dog-gone it, that will ruin my day. >:(
Kansas Kukoo?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2009, 11:10:45 am
see my jagodzinski thread...
and comment please

razordan

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:58:43 am
Dude...seriously, what are you trying to accomplish here?

keithh1999

December 08, 2009, 11:14:09 am #87 Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:15:42 am by keithh1999

You know, I don't usually reply to ignorance -- but in your case, I am making an exception.

In exposing yourself as a NUTTy fan - and not a true razorback fan, no longer will you be able to post anything of importance on here without everyone knowing your motive.

YOU should hope your boy leaves -- as it has ben pointed out -- O's players are leaving, and now OM is going to be stuck with HDN's players... OH NO. So he goes to KS and wins a couple of years with MM's players -- and leaves again. He knows he can't recruit with the big boys.

And last point... Petrino's (and our) Hogs are rising. You know it, we know it, and the rest of the SEC knows it. They also know that NUTTy is a JoKe... all except OM fans -- and that includes you.
Pig Farmers are cool.

razordan

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2009, 11:10:45 am
fo sho!

ronmahony

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 11:07:52 am
so Arkansas didn't lose to Ole Miss. whan can i be part of the club guy's. you never tell me the "real" story until now.

Maybe, just maybe whan you learn to spell.

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: OTTER on December 08, 2009, 11:09:08 am
The Lawrence Loser...the Kansas Kracker...Moobs from the Midwest????

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 11:18:53 am
old piss huh ? that's witty if your passing note's when your 12 or so.
how many school's are contacting the offensive genius Bobby P. ? - i'm just sayin. you can't run your mouth when you lose.
what, your NOT 12? I though you were home sick from school.

HoggySTruman

Gonzo

I hope, and have said ever since he went there, that he stays at Ole Piss for at least a decade. The "man" is what he is, which is at best a very average DI HC, The pattern is absolutely unmistakable. Turn your clock back a decade and look at the first three years with the Hogs, and look at how his first three at Ole Piss are shaping up. Only an idiot can't see it, but, then again, you're actually trying to defend him as some really good coach, so I guess that explains a lot.

BTW, who's this "we" you speak of? You make it quite obvious you are no Hog fan

Go Hogs! Beat E Carolina!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Root66 on December 08, 2009, 10:39:40 am

It wouldn't fit.

ronmahony

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on December 08, 2009, 11:17:01 am
The Lawrence Loser...the Kansas Kracker...Moobs from the Midwest????

Bozo the Clown?

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: ronmahony on December 08, 2009, 11:39:20 am
Bozo the Clown?
Hey kids, do you walk to school or carry your lunch?? That one got me every frikkin' time!

Kevin

razordan

Typical nutt fashion...

razordan

I am actually VERY happy to see him stay at Ole Miss!