Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt update

Started by 3BoarsDown, December 08, 2009, 06:19:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

this comes straight out of Oxford.

First off the Kansas talk is real, not crazy Arkansas fans starting a rumor like Rebels were saying. Bill Self is probably playing a big role in trying to get Houston in Lawrence, they are good friends back from the OSU days.

Nutt is meeting with the OM administration today to discuss some issues he says are holding him back. He wants some majors added to the academic side such as sports management. He says not having majors that can lead into coaching are keeping from getting players.

I'm not really sure how any school that is able to get Jerrell Powe in can complain about academics but we know HDN.

He also may be strong arming to try to get AD Pete Boone removed, they have had friction since Nutt got on campus.

This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

JMartin_AF1

Well, I have been to Ole Miss to watch Arkansas play them a few years ago. I would leave as well.

Fort Swine

It is funny how after every season, he has "issues" that are holding him back.  I would think being ranked #4 and finishing the season out of the Top 25 would be an issue the administration would like to visit with him about during these meetings. 
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

HognVA

I read some of the remarks on rebelfaithful and they were totally chaulking it all up to "crazy Arky's". I am torn, I think they deseerve him but I would also LOVE to go back and post BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I have NEVER posted an another teams forum but I would not hesitate this time.

1CavHog

I hope Nutt stays at Ole Miss, the wheels are about to fall off the bus there now that Orgerons recruits are graduating. At the same time if he goes to Kansas I see him quickly losing there as well.

Justifiable Hogicide

Nutt ruins careers and reputations wherever he goes.
Now he is trying to dumb down OM academics even further and gut the OM AD.

El Puerco

It's all BS leverage.  He doesn't want those majors because recruits are turning their nose up at Ole Miss.  I've been around the block and I know exactly which majors he wants expanded, the ones with classes a chihuahua could pass.  The ones where 8 units of weight lifting counts toward your "Major."
He's going to lift his skirt at anyone that will look and worm his way into a better position for himself, better facilities, golden toilet etc. All this KU talk also takes the focus off of this:  "Hey, wait a dang minute....we were ranked #4 in the nation and Nutt just led us to an epic belly-flop.  Let's skin him alive!"
Like I said last year when he and his agent made all kinds of Auburn noise, Ole Miss should have said "Yeah?  Go ahead.  Go to Auburn. No raise, Punchy." You give a mouse a cookie and pretty soon....

kgr

So now he can't get players because Ole Piss doesn't have the requisite majors required by the ath-u-letes.  That is his next excuse?

That pos school in Oxfart doesn't have the $ to jack up his salary too much more, so fire the AD, make TCTWF the AD and that gives an excuse for more $ to the drama queen and he can do whatever he wants, he would answer only to himself.  Think about how scary that would be.  TCTWF with NO supervision.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Hogaliciousness

Sonic for everyone!  YAY...ice cream.   Danny could be the assistant to the Athletic Director.
I am ready for some football!

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: 1CavHog on December 08, 2009, 06:42:30 am
I hope Nutt stays at Ole Miss, the wheels are about to fall off the bus there now that Orgerons recruits are graduating. At the same time if he goes to Kansas I see him quickly losing there as well.

You nailed it. He don't want to play with his own players. Same thing as here everytime we had a chance to make some serious progress he was out trying to improve his money. He's a used car salesman.

George S. Pigton

I bet he is asking for a two year pass or he is walking, I bet he is telling them they can't expect him to
play and compete with the players he is losing and with the ones he recruited, going to be difficult, needs
some help, can't be worrying about his job.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Tim Harris

I hope he leaves for Kanas.

jgphillips3

Whatever Ole Miss' failings in sports and social issues, they are a pretty respectable academic school.  To even say kids aren't coming there because of majors or anything else to do with academics is ridiculous.  Of course, with MOTHO, I guess nothing should surprise me anymore.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: George S. Pigton on December 08, 2009, 08:34:47 am
I bet he is asking for a two year pass or he is walking, I bet he is telling them they can't expect him to
play and compete with the players he is losing and with the ones he recruited, going to be difficult, needs
some help, can't be worrying about his job.

How dumb were we? Or White and Broyles...Freakin 2 year pass.

Ray Piggers

Idk about sports mgmt, but I heard he was going after a "general studies" major, a "special" major to use with recruiting.... What a doosh.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

mizzouman

Yeah, I've heard the Bill Self deal.  By the way, you cannot "add" majors to a University overnight.  If they do add a major, it would take a couple of years to get it certified.  I guess you can add it, students can major in it, but cannot get a "real" degree until it's certified. 

I'm not sure how the NCAA would handle that though. 

I think, at Mizzou, that student-athletes have to declare a major the student has to show progress towards a degree.  If you don't declare a degree, you cannot show progress.

There are students who do not declare until their Junior year, this is mandatory at Mizzou, or least it was when I went there, but they don't have to show progress like athletes do.

I think this is correct unless it's changed.  So, at Ole Miss, I'm not sure adding a major can be done quickly.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Another way to look at it is that Nutt may be asking things that he knows OM won't or can't deliver on.  Then if he goes to Kansas he has a built in excuse that OM wasn't willing to commit to the program.

We all know how much this man loves excuses.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ArkansasI

Hey Mizzouman (great avatar), I promise that the best thing that could happen to Mizzou is for Nutt to go to Kansas.

Seriously...

I desperately want Houston to stay at Ole Miss.  That thing is about to implode and I want Houston there when the Hogs arrive at the party.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on December 08, 2009, 06:19:11 am
this comes straight out of Oxford.

First off the Kansas talk is real, not crazy Arkansas fans starting a rumor like Rebels were saying. Bill Self is probably playing a big role in trying to get Houston in Lawrence, they are good friends back from the OSU days.

Nutt is meeting with the OM administration today to discuss some issues he says are holding him back. He wants some majors added to the academic side such as sports management. He says not having majors that can lead into coaching are keeping from getting players.

I'm not really sure how any school that is able to get Jerrell Powe in can complain about academics but we know HDN.

He also may be strong arming to try to get AD Pete Boone removed, they have had friction since Nutt got on campus.

This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

This is really funny. I suppose Nutt didn't realize Ole Miss' majors before he accepted the job.  Right.  And what's going to be holding Nutt back next year?  The Rebel mascot? 

rljjr

Quote from: mizzouman on December 08, 2009, 08:46:10 am
Yeah, I've heard the Bill Self deal.  By the way, you cannot "add" majors to a University overnight.  If they do add a major, it would take a couple of years to get it certified.  I guess you can add it, students can major in it, but cannot get a "real" degree until it's certified. 

I'm not sure how the NCAA would handle that though. 

I think, at Mizzou, that student-athletes have to declare a major the student has to show progress towards a degree.  If you don't declare a degree, you cannot show progress.

There are students who do not declare until their Junior year, this is mandatory at Mizzou, or least it was when I went there, but they don't have to show progress like athletes do.

I think this is correct unless it's changed.  So, at Ole Miss, I'm not sure adding a major can be done quickly.

Hey, you're saying you've heard the Bill Self deal on Mizzou message boards or just friends? Either way is fine, I'm just curious what kind of traction this story has. Also, you make a reasoned an intelligent comment regarding the adding of academic majors.

You have given me reason to smile because this is the kind of intelligent conversation that is possible on Hogville.

Now, as to the rumor of Nutt to Kansas, it does strike me as particularly "Nutt-like." He and Bill Self are friends; he knows it would be much easier to build Kansas to a point where he had an opportunity to represent the Big 12 North in the championship game; he knows he went from wild expectations this year to out of the top 25; recruiting is going to be harder for him now that Dan Mullen is kicking his butt; and Lawrence is a far nicer place to live than Oxford.

Combine all of that and the friction between he and Pete Boone and I think this is something that he may very well want. I am happy with the friction in Mississippi and it can only help us with recruiting. WPS.

Hawgon

I guarantee you that two of the things he is asking for are:  1) Pete Boone must go; and 2) Kent Austin needs to go and Dale needs to have full control without the need to hire an OC.  And of course, he probably wants Danny back on his staff in an official coaching position.

If Ole Miss gives him all those things, they have sold their souls to the devil.  But, of course, it will be all the sweeter when they make him eat those crap sandwiches in double helpings when he is 4-8 and 5-7 over the next few years.

PlayCallinBrotha

I heard Nutt was interested in KU because of their basketball tradition. He says the pickup games at OM aren't up to par

Kenny Dowell Loggains

I've been to Oxford, MS and Lawrence, KS several times... there is waaaaaaaay more to do in Lawrence.  Massachusetts Ave. is a really fun place to party.

WilsonHog

Nutt may be about to overplay his hand and discover that he doesn't have the power base at Ole Miss that he had at UA.

LuckyGiraffe

This morning on Memphis talk radio, Sexton did confirm that Nutt was in discussions with OM administration today and had not met with Kansas officials at this point.  That was all he would say... I think that gives this story all the credit that it needs.  Nutt is definitely using this as a power play and he also realizes that the Big12 North is a lot easier to win in than the SEC West.

havok

Quote from: Fort Swine on December 08, 2009, 06:31:48 am
It is funny how after every season, he has "issues" that are holding him back.  I would think being ranked #4 and finishing the season out of the Top 25 would be an issue the administration would like to visit with him about during these meetings. 

I think he will find the "Issue" he is looking for is the guy he sees in the mirror when he shaves.. 

LuckyGiraffe

btw... I also thought it was interesting that he said Nutt had not "met" with KU officials at this point.  He definitely did not use the word "spoken".

That sleaze bag is very careful about the words he chooses.

3BoarsDown

So if Nutt does leave I wonder if we make a play for Tyrone Nix? He sure as heck isn't going with Nutt.

Petrino wanted him on the staff before.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: hawgfan923 on December 08, 2009, 09:24:53 am
This morning on Memphis talk radio, Sexton did confirm that Nutt was in discussions with OM administration today and had not met with Kansas officials at this point.  That was all he would say... I think that gives this story all the credit that it needs.  Nutt is definitely using this as a power play and he also realizes that the Big12 North is a lot easier to win in than the SEC West.

Sexton is a sleezy as is Nutt. He's running things behind the scenes.

I wonder if Nutt is that strong there to pull this off? Does he have a Broyles-White type backing?

Robert Shields

Unless Nutt has changed, this should come as no surprise to any Razorback fan.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: Hawgon on December 08, 2009, 09:07:00 am
I guarantee you that two of the things he is asking for are:  1) Pete Boone must go; and 2) Kent Austin needs to go and Dale needs to have full control without the need to hire an OC.  And of course, he probably wants Danny back on his staff in an official coaching position.

If Ole Miss gives him all those things, they have sold their souls to the devil.  But, of course, it will be all the sweeter when they make him eat those crap sandwiches in double helpings when he is 4-8 and 5-7 over the next few years.
not counting the last 2 years, wouldnt they consider 4-8 and 5-7 to be rip snortin good years?
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

hogsanity

Thisnk about, and remove your feeling for HDN.  If you were the coach at old misses wouldn't you want out?  You are in a division with Alabama ( currently playing for a BCSC ), rising fast Arkansas, LSU, and a MSU team that you are going to be fighting for recruits.  Now, you can head to the big12 North, possibly the worst div in BCS football.  A div where 4-4 in conference might very well land you a big12 camp game spot. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tripod1

Actually the dork is dumb as a fox.  Think about it, he is a total failure this year, #4 to nothing, cannot recruit, cannot coach beyond a grade school team yet will certainly retire with a ton more money than most of us on here.  I hope he stays because I want us to hand him his head on a platter next year on the hill.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I don't think anyone would hold it against a coach for trying to get out of Mississippi.  Noone here held it against TT, at least I don't think so.

I do find it interesting that Nutt may be using it as a ploy to get Pete Boone fired.  And funny that it is going down while PB is out of town.  Very sleazy behind the back move if the sole purpose is to get rid of Boone, but not surprising.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Iceman

I want him to stay.

Imagine if he goes 6-6 next year...or Worse! It could very well happen folks.

HoggySTruman

Quote from: hogsanity on December 08, 2009, 09:34:32 am
Thisnk about, and remove your feeling for HDN.  If you were the coach at old misses wouldn't you want out?  You are in a division with Alabama ( currently playing for a BCSC ), rising fast Arkansas, LSU, and a MSU team that you are going to be fighting for recruits.  Now, you can head to the big12 North, possibly the worst div in BCS football.  A div where 4-4 in conference might very well land you a big12 camp game spot. 

This^^^^....Also the weedeater bowl and an occasional upset every year will get the stadium named after you in lawrence.  No pressure on the FB coach....just dont be mean to the players...

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoggySTruman on December 08, 2009, 09:47:00 am
This^^^^....Also the weedeater bowl and an occasional upset every year will get the stadium named after you in lawrence.  No pressure on the FB coach....just dont be mean to the players...
and this! Kansas is a kush job where a Lazy Mofo like Nutt can be "special". Nutt needs coddling that he'll never get in the SEC. He's already lost his "dream" job.

Here's to Kansas interviewing Nutt and going elsewhere those showing Ole Piss "Hey, KANSAS and ARKANSAS don't want your coach!! Bwhahahahaha"
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on December 08, 2009, 09:02:34 am
This is really funny. I suppose Nutt didn't realize Ole Miss' majors before he accepted the job.  Right.  And what's going to be holding Nutt back next year?  The Rebel mascot?
dude, nutt put zero thought into taking that job11

here's all he thought::
1. Do i still get to keep the Ark$$$$$ if I take this job at Miss?
2. Do I get to keep the guys Eddie O bought?
3. Danny's coming, too!!!!
4. Ya'll got Sonic, right? We hate Wendy's
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on December 08, 2009, 09:28:55 am
So if Nutt does leave I wonder if we make a play for Tyrone Nix? He sure as heck isn't going with Nutt.

Petrino wanted him on the staff before.
this! Dude's an animal!
@Slackaveli

Keyser Sooieze

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec

Chris Low posts that Nutt should come out of the closet.

I actually hope Nutt stays at Ole Piss.  It makes the anticipated taste of victory in Fayetteville next year taste all the sweeter.  We can't let Nutt get away before our team beats Ole Piss.

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Root66

Quote from: Hogaliciousness on December 08, 2009, 08:13:24 am
Sonic for everyone!  YAY...ice cream.   Danny could be the assistant to the Athletic Director.

Heck, Danny could BE the Athletic Director, and of course double as the 9th or 10th ass't. football coach.

psooie

ole miss should follow the Boston College example of what to do with a coach pimping himself for another job and tell him to clean out his office

Root66

Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 08, 2009, 08:39:09 am
How dumb were we? Or White and Broyles...Freakin 2 year pass.

Fixed that for you. White hired him. White fired him.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Root66 on December 08, 2009, 10:13:17 am
Fixed that for you. White hired him. White fired him.

And Broyles protected him to almost the death of Arkansas Football. My point is he was supported by the PTB.

Yea White fired him alright. Biggest payoff in the history of college football. I bet Weiss don't end up with as much money as Nutt and White stole from the program.

Pigs Been Fly

you all should "HOPE" nutt leave's so we can beat Ole Mss. don't seem to be able to that huh ?

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Pigs Been Fly on December 08, 2009, 10:17:28 am
you all should "HOPE" nutt leave's so we can beat Ole Mss. don't seem to be able to that huh ?
Finally outed yourself. Just another Nutthugger. Go away...

HognotinMemphis

Nutt has issues that are holding him back. The main one is lack of necessary level of IQ in order to compete in SEC on a consistent basis.

He'll leave for KS because he doesn't want to be fired after next season's 1-7 in SEC at OM if he stays. He's good at one thing: staying one step ahead of the posse. Make that two things: blaming everything that goes wrong on any and everyone other than himself.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pigs Been Fly

& then maybe we could both play in the COTTON BOWL !!!!!!!!!!! glory glory hallelujah.

ronmahony

I'd love to see him go, even though I want to kick his butt next year I can't hardly watch the game because I get pissed off every time they show his face. The only thing that would please me more would be for Ol Miss to see what he's doing and fire his butt, then Kansas hire someone else.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.