Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The marriage in Oxford is getting rocky

Started by 3BoarsDown, October 11, 2009, 12:18:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Porkyswine on October 11, 2009, 02:11:00 pm
Nutt also has a terrible panick disorder.  You'll notice that they will be relatively successful during the first 12-15 plays that are scripted.  When Nutt has to call plays in the heat of the game -- and make adjustments to what the defense is doing -- he shuts down.  That's why you see so many 3rd and long draw plays.  He's just too nervous to be creative.  He believes that when you throw, 3 things can happen, and 2 of em are bad.

This is fairly accurate.    Usually notice that its starts when he cannot get the play in on time and has to burn a TO somewhere late in the first quarter.   Usually total chaos about this time in the coaching staff on his sidelines.   Lots of wild gesturing, crab pinching, and confusion before signaling the TO.

The Hog

I taped the Houston Nutt show and Nick Saban's.  Can't wait to watch when I have to see the different perspectives from each coach.
Automatic RUN!

Pecos Hog

Quote from: rljjr on October 11, 2009, 08:33:31 pm
Rebel, there are many things working against Snead right now. Here is my take on what they are: The passing game gets very little work in practice as a team, and little during individual drills; the pass blocking schemes are not taught, practiced, or emphasized; your receivers run predictable routes that defenses can study and learn (there just aren't many options); there are few if any slants thrown; the TE is not a receiver in this offense; the Wildcat formation takes Snead out of any kind of rythym (I don't think you have the personnel to run it effectively -- at least not like Ark did with McFadden and Jones); and playcalling is predictable.
Add all of those things up and you make Snead an interception king as well as a guy who is going to end up playing scared. Listen, Snead is a good QB. With the right coaching and offensive schemes he could be dangerous. I like him and wish him well, but he'll have to leave Oxford to find somebody who can prepare him for the NFL at QB.
That said, UM has one big victory in them this year that they're not supposed to win -- I just don't know who it will be yet. Perhaps LSU. Of course they also have a loss or two in them that they should win. 

Guys, how many times when Nutt was coaching here did we have players from the opposing team defensive give an interview after the game chuckling about how simple and predictable our playcalling was...and how they knew exactly what play he was going to call?    It always frustrated me that in a 3rd and long - when he actually did call a pass instead of a smoke draw - that he would send out only 1 or 2 receivers on patterns that took them shy of the first down marker.   Seemed like they were all long sideways passes out in the flat..... and they were so easily double covered.     

Is this not the honest truth?   

hodgehog

Nutt had a barff bag because he thought there was a call in show too! Just kidding! In the real business world when you do dumb things be ready to answer!

hodgehog

Pecos Hog, you are right. A good High School team can play against Nutt and win.

Granny fan

October 11, 2009, 08:55:02 pm #55 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:57:32 pm by Granny fan
Quote from: Simple Swineman on October 11, 2009, 12:40:18 pm
Jevan better watch his inbox. He should start getting "Mr. Interception King" e-mails from close friends of the staff pretty soon.

LOL +1

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: rebelbruiser on October 11, 2009, 01:30:04 pm
The way I see it, the key to our season is real simple.  If Snead grows a pair to the point that he's not scared to sit in the pocket and make a throw under a pass rush, we will be tough to beat for the rest of the season.

Our defense is a stud defense, and they'll win all the games for us if the offense doesn't put their backs against the wall all day.  Snead is playing scared right now.  He's seeing a pass rush even when it isn't there, and when he is under a pass rush he hurries his throw rather than being willing to make his throw and take a hit.

The first half was a fine example of that.  If you have our game recorded for some reason, go back and watch the first half.  Every bad throw he made was because he was rushing the throw, normally because he was afraid to get hit.  If he has NFL aspirations, he better learn how to stand in the pocket and make a throw knowing he's about to get hit.  It's a tough thing to do, but he has to have the fortitude to stand in and step into his throws even when he has a DE or LB bearing down on him.

All of his bad throws in the first half were made because he rushed the football rather than sticking with his form, and he's rushing it because he's scared of getting hit.

Sympton #1 of Qb Killa-itis. It's happened before. It will happen again.

ark30inf

Quote from: Immensehog on October 11, 2009, 08:10:36 pm
http://www.rebelfaithful.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15050

So this is where BigDealdo lurks these days.

I love this post:

I have been curious and havent heard any confirmation on who is actually calling these high school gameplans we have been running... Its like they are seeing something on tape and saying, "well I know this play will work against that". We get into a game, it doesnt work and we wont stop doing it. I dont know what the "gameplan" was on offense yesterday. I am not even sure there was one.

hodgehog

Snead will transfer to USC and share the chairman of the board position with Mitch. That bastard will get his.

TaylorMade7Degree

Hoggish1

Quote from: ultim8hogfan on October 11, 2009, 01:35:55 pm
also this one is interesting.

rebelfaithful.com

They are beginning to feel it.  In a few more games they won't be asking Houston, what's the problem.  They will be calling him out as the problem.

hodgehog

Nutt has no one to blame but himself.  Nutt don't understand  that when you are in charge your are responsible for everything and everbody's actions, period!

hoggeek

Another gem:

Our play calling has been terrible all season and I think a lot of that has to do with the coaches trying to "protect" or "hide" snead.. Thats sad when he was being discussed as the first overall pick in the nfl draft. Our play calling was awful again yesterday.. I have noticed that everytime dex is the running back in the I we run off right guard.. If I have picked up on that, Nick saban might be sharp enough to pick up on that too. We are running the same crap over and over again. I know that we cant throw it deep because snead cant even hit 5 yard routes and is really struggling to throw the deep pass. I wonder if last year snead was a product of Mike Wallace because he demanded safety help. I could go on and on and on but I choose not to right now.

http://www.rebelfaithful.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15043

babywhiz

Quote from: wendellgee on October 11, 2009, 07:27:10 pm
.....Just wait till Nutt gets the players to run his system and maybe upgrade the staff with David Lee......
....I can't stand it...
Safe is boring. Sweet insanity is the voice saying "I bet we can fit one more in there."

DukeOfPork

Quote from: rebelbruiser on October 11, 2009, 01:49:40 pm
You're right.  Unless he grows a pair this off-season, he will get worse next year, because we lose 3 more OL starters and our top back up off this team.  If he doesn't figure out how to handle a pass rush and feel a pass rush, he'll get worse next year when the protection in front of him is even younger and more inexperienced.

You guys are absolutely going to suck after this year and I admit that I will love every minute of watching Nutt squirm, crab pinch, chew his nails, give spirited "don't let go of the rope" speeches, and make excuses as he points out moral victories.

But I don't hate Ole Miss and you seem like a good guy, so I hate to see you guys get caught up in this.  Ole Miss fans will be collateral damage, but I guess that's what happens when you hire the wrong guy AGAIN.

This year is the high water mark for Ole Miss under Nutt.  Enjoy what you can of it.

SDZ_Hog

QB Eff.
98 Clint Stoerner                146.68       
99 Clint Stoerner                130.07       

00    Zak Clark                     68.04         
01    Zak Clark                     96.80       
Transferred after 01

01 Matt Jones                      151.07       
02 Matt Jones                      125.01         
03 Matt Jones                      147.14         
04 Matt Jones                      132.82         

05 Casey Dick                    118.34           
06 Casey Dick                    125.72           
07 Casey Dick                    126.63           

08 Snead                              145.50
09 Snead                           107.64

Progressively Drop in QB eff. or no significant improvement in all of tctwf qb's

longtimeHogfan

I don't stalk TCTWF,  nor do I obsess about him....but that doesn't keep me from enjoying his slow-train-wreck-downward-spiral into mediocrity. 

I relish his losses and take pleasure in watching his nervous side-line gyrations.  His 'Green Eggs & Ham" play book is taking its toll on yet another QB and it's too bad, because in any other program Snead would probably be developed into a good QB. 

So for the foreseeable future I'll first look to see if the Hogs won, then look to see if Hootie lost.  Call it a flaw in my character. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 12, 2009, 12:16:07 pm
I don't stalk TCTWF,  nor do I obsess about him....but that doesn't keep me from enjoying his slow-train-wreck-downward-spiral into mediocrity. 

I relish his losses and take pleasure in watching his nervous side-line gyrations.  His 'Green Eggs & Ham" play book is taking its toll on yet another QB and it's too bad, because in any other program Snead would probably be developed into a good QB. 

So for the foreseeable future I'll first look to see if the Hogs won, then look to see if Hootie lost.  Call it a flaw in my character. 

If laughing at Houston Nutt is wrong, then I don't wanna be right...

pigsiouxie

Nutt in a nuttshell
1) passing is bad , so no passing. The defense knows we arent gonna pass so they load the box. Therefore running is an even BETTER option, b/c we only have to break that line of scrimmage.  Well its 3rd and 25.. we have to pass. Lets go 1 wide, in desperation. Fails miserably, and reinforces nutts plan to run more pass less. Meanwhile the O line forgets how to pass block, since they never pass. Nutt grimmaces more on the sidelines, says a few "aw shucks" at the presser and still has 5 years left on the contract.  He will somehow land a freak of nature athlete for his program that is good enough to overcome his coaching (ie Matt Jones, DMc) and get him a good season, so he can springboard over to the next dupe

better them than US!!

hillhog

Quote from: rebelbruiser on October 11, 2009, 01:52:00 pm
Typo in there.  It should say "hit" not "his".  And I don't know any coach that allows his QBs to get hit in practice.  However, I think that may be what Snead needs right now.  He was fine at the end of last year because the protection for him was great.  He's obviously not very good under a pass rush, so maybe he needs more work getting live action during practice so that he is used to dealing with real pressure.
I think Dork will work with Snead a lot-----teaching him how to hand off, don't worry about the passing.

hillhog

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 12, 2009, 12:16:07 pm

We must be drinking the same water cause I seem to have the same flaw.

RazorsEdge

My favorite part of the Bama-mississippi game was with time running out and down by 19, nutt was still running it up the middle, letting the clock tick between plays, no urgency at all.

I can imagine nutt saying,"If a couple of guys could have stayed on their blocks a little longer, I thought we could spring one....could have gone all the way." 

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: VBHOG on October 11, 2009, 03:01:19 pm
And this one is titled "The marriage in Oxford is getting rocky", so why did you click on it?  Why do you click on anything that gives you that strong of a clue that it's about something you don't want to read about?  Seems to me that your anger with these subjects is self-inflicted.

Well VB...It's pretty obvious he's one of those 5% Nutthuggers that remain.

Two words for you hugger...Go away!

H&D

Quote from: hogfan x on October 11, 2009, 01:24:42 pm
This is what I see

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.

LMAO!!!!!

Same with me, just don't know who to contact since you can't even see a member list.........
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

RazorSAE

I really feel bad for Snead.  The kid has a lot of talent, but the country won't see it with Nutt coaching him.  I saw Snead at Texas when he was still battling with Colt for the starting spot, and thought Snead had more raw talent than Colt.  He may need to give Tevarious Jackson a call.   

usnavyhogfan

hell i kinda feel bad for ole miss, they are not a bad program, they just make bad coaching hires. no sec team deserves nutt. that being said i will enjoy our team whooping on him from here on out
The dream is free, the journey is not.

jmingram911

Quote from: Simple Swineman on October 11, 2009, 12:40:18 pm
Jevan better watch his inbox. He should start getting "Mr. Interception King" e-mails from close friends of the staff pretty soon.

Yep, the fat lady hasn't sung yet!!  LOL!

EasyB

Wow RB you're a perfect fan for ole hootie.  Your problem with the game was that "Snead needs to grow a pair" (great analysis btw).  Your not concerned that your team was ill-prepared, out coached, and runs a pop warner offense.  Please enjoy hootie for the next 8 to 10 years, please.

cbjagman

Quote from: slamin on October 11, 2009, 01:37:18 pm
yeah, yeah, it's Sneads fault
Well SOMEONE has to take the blame and can put all your money on the bet that it WILL NEVER be Houston. We tried to warn these clowns that the second year under Hooter wasn't likely be pretty. Then again as long as there are still plenty of players (and coaches) left to "throw under the bus" the blame sure won't be on TCTWF.

OKhogfan1959

You guys better enjoy Hootie..He's damn hard to run off..Just saying.

TennesseeRaz

Give Nutt a 10-year contract extension!  Hopefully Mr. Snead is getting a decent education, because the QB killa is flushing his NFL dreams down the toilet.  Don't say we didn't warn you....

dddollars

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 11, 2009, 12:37:10 pm
I just want Sheppard Smith from Fox News to finally shut up about "his ole piss rebels." I want to watch the news, not hear about your crappy college and football team!

Ya and all last year he was like nutt balls the best! boy hes finding out whats what now

VoR

Quote from: rebelbruiser on October 11, 2009, 01:47:21 pm
Maybe it is Nutt's fault, but in the game I watched yesterday, Snead's problems were lack of balls.  Maybe he needed to practice getting hit more in practice so he could learn to stand in and make his throws under pressure.

The first pick he threw, Dexter was open over the middle for a first down.  Snead rushed the throw and didn't step into it because a LB was about to hit him on the blitz.  That made him overthrow it for the pick.  The majority of his poor throws are due to rushing the throw.  Maybe they should work more on him not getting in such a hurry, but to me it looks like that is between the ears.

I saw him later in the first half take an intentional grounding penalty.  On that play, the blitz was picked up, and he had time to throw.  However, he got antsy in the pocket, and he tried to get out of the pocket basically running right into the pass rush.  He's seeing a pass rush that isn't there, and when he is seeing a pass rush, he's afraid to step into his throws.  As I said last week, it's all about pocket presence for him.  He doesn't have a good feel for the pass rush, and when he does get a pass rush, he is not good at handling it.

I hate to be the 1 to break this to you, but the reason Snead's got no balls as you put it, is because HDN did his Jackie Sherrell impression, and Snead got the part of the bull, or should I say steer.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on October 12, 2009, 11:43:45 am
                                       QB Eff.

00    Zak Clark                     68.04         
01    Zak Clark                     96.80       
Transferred after 01

09 Snead                           107.64

Progressively Drop in QB eff. or no significant improvement in all of tctwf qb's

Just one word...   WOW!   

No wonder the guy cannot recruit decent QB's.    He's the QB KILLA!

Nutt coaching.  Gets the play in late, cheats the QB out of time to read the D, never practices enough on the pass in practice, uses the sideline as an extra defender against his team, will never take the blame for anything, typical Nutt.  Enjoy.

wholehog92

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on October 12, 2009, 11:43:45 am
                                       QB Eff.

00    Zak Clark                     68.04         
01    Zak Clark                     96.80       
Transferred after 01

09 Snead                           107.64

That's just not fair.  That will be laminated on every coffee table in the country.  How can the man recruit when this type of hate is spread all over a recruits living room?

Great job distilling the facts by the way.  The problem with Nutty supporters is the facts won't matter.  The history won't matter.  The problem is more emotional than that.  Snead has no balls.  Can't you see?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

MountieDawg

I see Hootie still disciplines players by missing games that dont matter....

Making matters worse, Ole Miss (3-2 overall, 1-2 SEC) will be missing starting right guard Rishaw Johnson for Saturday's game against UAB (2-3, 1-1) at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. The sophomore is being punished for breaking team rules earlier in the season.
SEC!

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: slamin on October 11, 2009, 01:37:18 pm
yeah, yeah, it's Sneads fault

Actually it's bama's Defense fault.  Bama's D held Mallett and Petrino to 7 points what did you all think he was going to do to Snead and Nutt? Just like us they won't see a defense like that again this year.   Much to the chagrin of this message board Ole Miss will still win games this year and be bowl eligible.  Hopefully it won't be at Arkansas expense, because I do like Arkansas's chances in Oxford now that it's the 11:30 SEC network game.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: rebelbruiser on October 11, 2009, 01:30:04 pm
The way I see it, the key to our season is real simple.  If Snead grows a pair to the point that he's not scared to sit in the pocket and make a throw under a pass rush, we will be tough to beat for the rest of the season

Snead was absolutely terrified when Alabama rushed a LB with success.  There were a few times when Anders, McClain, or Reamer would tear through the line unblocked and Snead would brace and just chunk the ball aimlessly.  He looked shellshocked and afraid of getting hit.