Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So....We are

Started by porkrindjimmy, February 24, 2018, 09:43:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

20-9, 9-7 in Conference play, won 5 of our last 6 and some of you still want to fire Mike and hire Kermit Davis or some other bum?

Mike's style may be Helter skelter, it may not be pretty. We may blow a game here or there but this team is tough. They are gritty and they grind and they grind and win ballgames. I am proud of this team and I am proud of Mike Anderson. There is no one else I want coaching this team.

And the funny thing is, most of you calling for Mike's head are the same ones who ran over each other to defend our former football coach we ran off last year. Time to stop your nonsense.

We just beat a team that has a cheater on it. We just beat a coach that we were told would run circles around Mike, never mind the fact that he was a bum in the NBA. And we just beat a team who had Opie Pelphrey on the bench.

But y'all keep calling for a firing. LMAO.

PRJ

Razorback_Mack

rtr

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 24, 2018, 09:43:15 pm
20-9, 9-7 in Conference play, won 5 of our last 6 and some of you still want to fire Mike and hire Kermit Davis or some other bum?

Mike's style may be Helter skelter, it may not be pretty. We may blow a game here or there but this team is tough. They are gritty and they grind and they grind and win ballgames. I am proud of this team and I am proud of Mike Anderson. There is no one else I want coaching this team.

And the funny thing is, most of you calling for Mike's head are the same ones who ran over each other to defend our former football coach we ran off last year. Time to stop your nonsense.

We just beat a team that has a cheater on it. We just beat a coach that we were told would run circles around Mike, never mind the fact that he was a bum in the NBA. And we just beat a team who had Opie Pelphrey on the bench.

PRJ
+100
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Rooster Hogburn

February 24, 2018, 09:49:19 pm #3 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:16:46 pm by Rooster Hogburn
+1

Those that want mike fired are Russian hackers trying to influence the election of our next coach. It would be unpatriotic to allow them control of this fine American institution.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Pig in the Pokey

PRJ
my pigga
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

widespreadsooie

+1. Let the haters sulk.

popcornhog

PRJ

I take issue with one thing you said. Avery Johnson was not a bum in the NBA.

I loved watching those teams where he ran the point with David Robinson, Vinny Del Negro, Sean Elliott, etc. Those teams were awesome.
WPS

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

widespreadsooie

Quote from: popcornhog on February 24, 2018, 09:52:17 pm

I loved watching those teams where he ran the point with David Robinson, Vinny Del Negro, Sean Elliott, etc. Those teams were awesome.

I think he was referring to his NBA coaching.

Randohoggie

PRJ

I agree with you.  And you still make me want to puke.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: popcornhog on February 24, 2018, 09:52:17 pm

He was a bum as a coach. I misspoke. As a coach, he was a bum.

PRJ

jgphillips3

I can understand advocating FOR another coach.  I mean, if there's some rising star we could have a real shot at, that makes sense.  However, Mike is a "good" coach.  I'm beginning to doubt that he will ever be great like Nolan or Eddie were but unless we have a shot to make an absolute trade up, I'll stick with him until he either gets there or falls apart.  After all those years with a nonexistent program, I'll take medium good for a while longer over change just for change sake.  The way I see it, Mike is in that #20 to #45 category and our program will be as well.  If you can get us a top ten guy, I'll listen.  Otherwise, we are more likely to trade down if we just make a change to make a change.  Also, I don't want to change anything until this whole scandal is complete.  Who knows what the landscape will look like after that.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 24, 2018, 09:54:46 pm
I agree with you.  And you still make me want to puke.

Well Randy Bo Bandy.......go in the restroom, put two fingers down your gullet and puke to your hearts desire.....

PRJ

gogamer

PRJ

+1. Thank you for keeping us engaged in college BBall Coach! 

Snoop Hoggy Hog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on February 24, 2018, 09:54:06 pm
I think he was referring to his NBA coaching.

He coached the Mavericks to the NBA finals. Granted his coaching cost the Mavs the finals, but he got them there.

popcornhog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 24, 2018, 09:54:55 pm
He was a bum as a coach. I misspoke. As a coach, he was a bum.

PRJ

Ahh.
WPS

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 24, 2018, 09:55:55 pm
I can understand advocating FOR another coach.  I mean, if there's some rising star we could have a real shot at, that makes sense.  However, Mike is a "good" coach.  I'm beginning to doubt that he will ever be great like Nolan or Eddie were but unless we have a shot to make an absolute trade up, I'll stick with him until he either gets there or falls apart.  After all those years with a nonexistent program, I'll take medium good for a while longer over change just for change sake.  The way I see it, Mike is in that #20 to #45 category and our program will be as well.  If you can get us a top ten guy, I'll listen.  Otherwise, we are more likely to trade down if we just make a change to make a change.  Also, I don't want to change anything until this whole scandal is complete.  Who knows what the landscape will look like after that.

When the landscape changes, and it is going to...you will see that Mike is a better than good coach.

They way the landscape is now, around 10 teams dominant CBB.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: gogamer on February 24, 2018, 09:58:08 pm
+1. Thank you for keeping us engaged in college BBall Coach! 

You are very welcome.

I encourage you to sign up and attend the PRJ summer jam and life camp. Details to come.

PRJ

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Snoop Hoggy Hog on February 24, 2018, 09:58:57 pm
He coached the Mavericks to the NBA finals. Granted his coaching cost the Mavs the finals, but he got them there.

I had forgotten that. I just remembered him from his playing days and knew he was no bum then.

dsims2k3

PRJ
top 10 post of this season. 💯
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

jgphillips3

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 24, 2018, 10:00:19 pm
When the landscape changes, and it is going to...you will see that Mike is a better than good coach.

PRJ

If they actually drop the hammer, you are likely correct.

IronMountainHog

And Pelphrey still looked lost and like a deer in the headlights. Anyone who was against his firing here needs kicked in the jewels.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 24, 2018, 10:09:14 pm
And Pelphrey still looked lost and like a deer in the headlights. Anyone who was against his firing here needs kicked in the jewels.

Absolutely the worst coach we have had here in the last 45 years. Worse than Crowe, worse than Hooten, worse than BB.

Just awful. Maybe when Kentucky gets slapped, they will hire the native son.

PRJ

razorpimp

PRJ

I'll keep calling it like I see it....Mike had a great game plan tonight and the team won.  The game plan against Kentucky was bad and the team lost.....

Say what you want but the ceiling on Mike is low....I hope he proves me wrong!  And I'll keep and continue to support the athletic department no matter who the coach is.  It's one thing to "voice" your displeasure on a message board but still write those checks to the razorback foundation and alumni group

98hogs

Dudeman

Im all for people expressing their opinions but the Mike Anderson hate really gets annoying. I bet most of the ones crying for him to be fired are a tad on the younger side.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 24, 2018, 10:11:50 pm
Absolutely the worst coach we have had here in the last 45 years. Worse than Crowe, worse than Hooten, worse than BB.

PRJ

If the landscape changes the way it should, the native son could be their best option. Unfortunately, I have zero faith the NCAA will do anything other than run their mouths and slap some hands.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

PRJ
dominant is an adjective not a verb.

Otherwise you are spot on in this thread.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on February 24, 2018, 10:11:50 pm

PRJ

Ehh...BB...

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Dudeman on February 24, 2018, 10:15:50 pm
Im all for people expressing their opinions but the Mike Anderson hate really gets annoying. I bet most of the ones crying for him to be fired are a tad on the younger side.

Millennials are the worst!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: razorpimp on February 24, 2018, 10:15:00 pm
I'll keep calling it like I see it....Mike had a great game plan tonight and the team won.  The game plan against Kentucky was bad and the team lost.....

Say what you want but the ceiling on Mike is low....I hope he proves me wrong!  And I'll keep and continue to support the athletic department no matter who the coach is.  It's one thing to "voice" your displeasure on a message board but still write those checks to the razorback foundation and alumni group

Then, and I say this with all due respect, you need to change your glasses.

This team is 20-9. We are headed to the NCAA tournament. The same complaints that people have with Mike are the same complaints people had with Nolan. Substitution patterns, can't rebound, on and on...

Now, Nolan was a better defensive coach than Mike is but the complaints we're the same.

We have won 5 of 6. The only loss was to Kentucky. Yeah it sucks we lost to Kentucky but Kentucky is the one team in the SEC that can get on a roll in March and be playing the first weekend in April.

We will be fine.

PRJ

WooPigFarm

Coach of the year in the NBA, 2005-06 year

Im not sold on him though

WOW, Phil Jackson only won coach of the year 1 time!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WooPigFarm on February 24, 2018, 10:39:17 pm

Still a bum.

I will continue to think the guy can't coach because he can't. He has some ballers on the team this year.

Avery is not a great coach.

PRJ

AirWarren

PRJ

20-9 fire mike!!!!!

rhames

PRJ

PRJ you have a fan in me
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hoggish1

PRJ

PRJ, I didn't recognize you without the corn pone LMAO

Hollywood_HOGan45

PRJ

I agree.  If you're going to be passionate about bashing mike, the same should go for the bum that kept losing by 30 points no matter who we played.  Not the case with some of these ass clowns.

Still want to see a sweet 16 but mike has definitely lifted Arkansas to another level.

rtr

Quote from: WooPigFarm on February 24, 2018, 10:39:17 pm

WOW, Phil Jackson only won coach of the year 1 time!
Your thinking is rather one dimensional.  It lacks depth.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

RedBird5

Great post!!! 

PRJ

hogsanity

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 24, 2018, 09:55:55 pm

All great coaches were once up and comers. Also, very few are saying fire Mike, we are saying he has a ceiling and we have seen it. He's been a HC for 16 seasons overall and almost 7 full here, we know what Mike is. As you said, medium good.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on February 25, 2018, 12:32:28 am
All great coaches were once up and comers. Also, very few are saying fire Mike, we are saying he has a ceiling and we have seen it. He's been a HC for 16 seasons overall and almost 7 full here, we know what Mike is. As you said, medium good.
Do you ever stop? you are in every thread crying and whining about Mike.even after this big road win,you are here whining and crying.i am sick of it.go kick rocks.Mike Anderson is going to be the coach here next year.so you may as well stop your whining in every thread.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on February 25, 2018, 12:32:28 am

Jim Calhoun won the NCAA championship in his 27th season as a head coach. Jim Boeheim won the NCAA championship in his 27th season.  Coach K won the NCAA championship in his 16th season.  Jay Wright won the NCAA championship in his 22nd season.  Calipari won the NCAA championship in his 20th season.  Gary Williams won the NCAA championship in his 24th season.  Lute Olsen won the NCAA championship in his 24th season.  Jerry Tarkanian won the NCAA championship in his 22nd season.

You say you know his ceiling, but you don't.  You are just guessing.  No matter what you say, you are claiming you can see the future.  And you can't.

rude1

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 25, 2018, 12:52:13 am
Jim Calhoun won the NCAA championship in his 27th season as a head coach. Jim Boeheim won the NCAA championship in his 27th season.  Coach K won the NCAA championship in his 16th season.  Jay Wright won the NCAA championship in his 22nd season.  Calipari won the NCAA championship in his 20th season.  Gary Williams won the NCAA championship in his 24th season.  Lute Olsen won the NCAA championship in his 24th season.  Jerry Tarkanian won the NCAA championship in his 22nd season.

You say you know his ceiling, but you don't.  You are just guessing.  No matter what you say, you are claiming you can see the future.  And you can't.

Wow nice research, thanks, now that's definitely something I never thought of and is some food for thought for those of us who get frustrated and caught up in the moment.

Randohoggie

Quote from: rude1 on February 25, 2018, 01:00:08 am
Wow nice research, thanks, now that's definitely something I never thought of and is some food for thought for those of us who get frustrated and caught up in the moment.

Thanks.  Just tired of people saying, we know Mike can't do any better.  They don't know that.  They are just guessing like the rest of us.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 24, 2018, 10:09:14 pm
I thought they was going to have to call in Hospice for him there at one point. It looked like he had fell out on the floor and was bleeding out.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

kp72204

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 24, 2018, 09:49:46 pm
my pigga
This made me laugh. I can't even be upset. Two points for that sir.

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

ICEman

PRJ
Incorrect, we wanted Kermit the Frog with Elmo and Ms. Piggy as bench assistants.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

redhogchilipepper

PRJ

Sutton was a drunk that ran out like a beach. However had he not crawled his drunk azz to Ky .... No Nolan no NC. Never mind thanks Eddie