Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri St. coaching staff might be feeling some added pressure to finish well.

Started by rzrbkman, June 04, 2017, 10:30:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbkman

The Bears will lose top seniors:

1B Justin Paulson
2B Aaron Meyer he was injured for the season a month ago.
LF Alex Jefferson
DH Blake Graham
LHP Jordan Knutson
RHP Bryan Young

and will lose at least one or more of the following draft eligible juniors:

3B Jake Burger
RHP Jake Fromson
LHP Doug Still

That is a lot of key players to replace especially since the Bears have rarely played any bench players. There may be a drop off in wins over the next few seasons.

BroyledNutts

I hope they drop all the way to obscurity...and Keith Guttin gets a new job as a toll booth operator.

micali

They can't stand us but we think of them as a tiny dog nipping at our ankles.  They will cycle down and be back in 3 yrs.  It has been a good series with them this go around. I like to see good games especially when we come out on top.

outlawhogeywells

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on June 05, 2017, 10:28:45 am
Burger is gone,  He is projected as a top 10-15 pick.

Makes me mad that he'll be a millionaire soon....struts around on the field like he's cock of the walk.

LRHawg

Despite the bad attitudes, you have to give MO State credit. For being a relatively small school in Springfield, MO they have a stacked line up and decent pitching. Kudos to their coach for his recruiting. The parity in College baseball has never been more evident.

dwaller

Burger drives me nuts also, but he is an absolute stud. The ball just rockets off his bad. Better fielder than i anticipated.

rzrbkman

Quote from: LRHawg on June 05, 2017, 11:02:50 am
Despite the bad attitudes, you have to give MO State credit. For being a relatively small school in Springfield, MO they have a stacked line up and decent pitching. Kudos to their coach for his recruiting. The parity in College baseball has never been more evident.
.    Small School???

MSUDuo

Quote from: rzrbkman on June 05, 2017, 11:42:16 am
.    Small School???

Didn't realize that 26k was considered small. Only going to continue to grow with the pile of dog crap that is the school up north.

mizzousteve

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 05, 2017, 12:16:55 pm
Didn't realize that 26k was considered small. Only going to continue to grow with the pile of dog crap that is the school up north.

Typical MSU class right here. Hope you aren't an alum. And another shining example of why I struggle to root for the Bears even when I really want to.

theFlyingHog

ThisTeetsTaken

I think they want this regional more than usual because of 2015.   You know that made their little man complex even worse.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

MSUDuo

Quote from: mizzousteve on June 05, 2017, 12:29:41 pm
Typical MSU class right here. Hope you aren't an alum. And another shining example of why I struggle to root for the Bears even when I really want to.

Right. Truth hurts sometimes.

Kevin

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 05, 2017, 12:44:41 pm

Actually by the time, they worked on the field, the rain was light. So they need to peddle test lie somewhere else
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mizzousteve

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 05, 2017, 12:44:41 pm

I wish you well tonight. In all seriousness. I tried to post on BearNation but you don't let Mizzou fans post.

MSUDuo

Quote from: Kevin on June 05, 2017, 12:46:50 pm
Actually by the time, they worked on the field, the rain was light. So they need to peddle test lie somewhere else
Not what we were talking about, but ok.

Hog in Iowa

I know several on here don't like Coach Guttin for whatever reason but he seems to be a good baseball man and has done an outstanding job at MSU.  His teams are always competitive and I personally like him.  He doesn't give off a warm vibe when just watching him but so what, you can say that about a lot of people. 
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

mizzousteve

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 05, 2017, 12:52:13 pm
I know several on here don't like Coach Guttin for whatever reason but he seems to be a good baseball man and has done an outstanding job at MSU.  His teams are always competitive and I personally like him.  He doesn't give off a warm vibe when just watching him but so what, you can say that about a lot of people.

He's a great guy if you get the chance to visit him individually or in a small group. But I think you are right and his teams have always played just like him. He has great facilities now but he won tons of games when they had to play in Meador Park which at the time was not a nice place to play.

I have always been a big fan of both DVH and Guttin. 2015 was a very competitive Super Regional and this one is only going to add to a cool regional rivalry.

jry04

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 05, 2017, 12:52:13 pm
I think most don't like him because every time we play him he complains about something. We didn't make them share a ballpark with a minor league team, we didn't make him play through the rain last night. DVH actually wanted to postpone it in the 4th and he refused. Now he wants to discredit our victory because he chose to keep playing the first time? Besides, if you look at the video of the highlights Reindl is pitching in an absolute downpour. We had to field the ball twice and they scored 3 runs. They had to field it once and we scored 4. After the supers him and his staff filed a complaint against Arkansas for the way his team was "treated."

Great coach, though. I am sure a lot of opposing fans dislike DVH, too.

Hog in Iowa

jry04, I don't remember about MSU filing a complaint after the '15 supers.  What was their beef?

jry04

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 05, 2017, 01:50:03 pm
jry04, I don't remember about MSU filing a complaint after the '15 supers.  What was their beef?
Fans were getting on their players in the dugout and their pitching coach all series. Their players were mad we blew them out game one so when they shut us down game 2 they mouthed our fans. That Matt Hall kid acted a fool, although backed it up, towards our players and fans and they didn't take kindly to them so our fans gave them an ear full. I watched a MSU player take a full cup of water, stand on the edge of the dugout and act like he was going to drink it, and then throw it over his shoulder directly behind him into a fan's face.

Dr. Starcs

LRHawg

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 05, 2017, 12:16:55 pm

Haha, didn't mean to trigger you there, buddy.

kennymayne

Guttin may be a great baseball coach. But I've lost a lot of respect for him the last few years with his constant complaining in the press conferences and failure to keep his players from acting like absolute punks.

311Hog

yeah no love for the sawed off little gnome of a coach, and his rowdy bunch of meth stater players. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jry04

Quote from: kennymayne on June 05, 2017, 02:08:12 pm
Guttin may be a great baseball coach. But I've lost a lot of respect for him the last few years with his constant complaining in the press conferences and failure to keep his players from acting like absolute punks.
Honestly, it is really hard to root for MSU. Outside of Bonfield's HBP, which isn't the norm, our guys do not argue calls. They are called out and they head to the dugout with rarely even a stare in the umpire's direction. I have counted at like 6 different times that a MSU player has struck out and stared down the ump and had words for him, then goes back to the dugout shaking his head. Paulsen and Burger being two of the worst. I like rooting for the mid-major teams in baseball, but every time these guys come here they bring the few women who scream at the top of their lungs after every single pitch like it is a homerun, and their players act like jerks. If ORU were to beat us I would root for them until they were eliminated. If MSU beats us, I will without a doubt be pulling for TCU/UVA/DBU. The few MSU fans who have interacted with us on this board have been polite and knowledgeable. They seem fair. The ones I have interacted with in person are insufferable. I went to every game this weekend and sat by fans of very team throughout the week. The only ones I flat out couldn't stand were the MSU fans. It was as if they just knew they were going to come in here and win this regional and couldn't believe they even had to play it.

MSUDuo

Quote from: LRHawg on June 05, 2017, 02:03:48 pm
Haha, didn't mean to trigger you there, buddy.

You didn't, no worries. Learn something new every day it appears.

Dr. Starcs

Berger actually seems like a good dude to me. On the tag of birch last night at 3rd base he patted him on the back to make sure he was ok. Plus the dude hasn't hit a weak ball all weekend.

But yeah their coaches and fans are absolutely hard to tolerate. The 3rd base coach gives about 50 signs in between every pitch and wants to make sure everyone in the stadium is looking at him. What a joke. Lol

DVH doesn't put up with any of that nonsense from his players or coaches.

jry04

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 05, 2017, 02:15:38 pm
Berger actually seems like a good dude to me. On the tag of birch last night at 3rd base he patted him on the back to make sure he was ok. Plus the dude hasn't hit a weak ball all weekend.

But yeah their coaches and fans are absolutely hard to tolerate. The 3rd base coach gives about 50 signs in between every pitch and wants to make sure everyone in the stadium is looking at him. What a joke. Lol

DVH doesn't put up with any of that nonsense from his players or coaches.
I agree, heck of a player, too. I was just saying as far as argued calls him and Paulsen have been two of the worst reactions I have seen. I don't think it makes them bad kids, but it annoys me that their coaching staff allows them to do it over and over, and it is multiple seasons of doing it. As fans, we complain about calls all we want. As a player, if you show up the ref you likely aren't getting many calls your way.

trippigs

Is Mo State as weak an institution as the University of Missouri?  Seems to me that they both lack an identity  Also I hear it it way left

311Hog

jry04

311Hog

Thanks

So Missouri state is split into 4 directions? lol

Southwest and i know there is or was a Southeast Missou.  I guess they consolidated into one state University.

Nm answered my own question there is a Northwest, Northeast, Southwest and Southeast Missouri state.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 05, 2017, 01:50:03 pm

Their right fielder also made a few errors early in game one and the foul line seats down left and the grassy area truly let dude have it to the point that he was shading so far off the line he couldn't play his position.  It was truly great!!!

BroyledNutts

Can't stand Guttin ... can't stand Dave Jorn Jr ... Burger will probably eat his way out of a pro career. Paulson may or may not make it. Steinmetz is a real ball player. That kid is good at everything.

Eierman (sp?) is the best player on their team by far. That kid has all the tools - he does argus balls and strikes, but not arrogantly - no more than I've seen some Hogs do...I think Eierman will have a long career in the MLB if he can swing a wood bat like he can an aluminum one. I'd really like to see the Cardinals actually spend some money and put him at short one day.

As for their fans - I get cheering your team ... and there are probably some moms and dads there cheering for their sons ... have fun, root them on ... but don't go to someone else's house and act like asses ... have a little respect for your hosts, or build your own place and be as rude as you want to be... and stop cheering every strike, out, and ground ball out like it's the final out of the CWS ... act like you've been there before, or watch film of someone who has and fake it. Learn the game ... know when to react and how.

Hog in Iowa

Quote from: jry04 on June 05, 2017, 02:00:07 pm
Fans were getting on their players in the dugout and their pitching coach all series. Their players were mad we blew them out game one so when they shut us down game 2 they mouthed our fans. That Matt Hall kid acted a fool, although backed it up, towards our players and fans and they didn't take kindly to them so our fans gave them an ear full. I watched a MSU player take a full cup of water, stand on the edge of the dugout and act like he was going to drink it, and then throw it over his shoulder directly behind him into a fan's face.

Ah, yes... I remember it now.  All the complaining and posturing, etc.  What I do remember most about the '15 supers was that every pitch seemed to mean something, just like this series.  That's the best kind of baseball.  GO HOGS!

MSUDuo

Quote from: 311Hog on June 05, 2017, 02:40:27 pm
Thanks

So Missouri state is split into 4 directions? lol

Southwest and i know there is or was a Southeast Missou.  I guess they consolidated into one state University.

Not exactly. We dropped the Southwest from the name as we became more than a regional state university.

SEMO, Northwest Missouri, and Central Missouri are still their own Universities. Northeast Missouri State changed their name to Truman State

--EDIT--

Sorry, didn't see your edit in time. Pretty much got it.

WhenPigsFly

BTW, why does Guttin get to stand outside the dugout during the game?

311Hog

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on June 05, 2017, 03:10:04 pm
BTW, why does Guttin get to stand outside the dugout during the game?

He can't see the field otherwise

theFlyingHog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 05, 2017, 03:13:46 pm
He can't see the field otherwise
We should get him a hat!

I would die if one of our fans tossed him one

SultanofSwine

Dr. Starcs

theFlyingHog

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 05, 2017, 03:27:30 pm
Napoleon Blownapart by the end of this evening
After we destroy them tonight he may get so mad he pulls a Memphis and refuses to play us in regular season

LRHawg

Atticus

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 05, 2017, 02:49:55 pm
Paulson may or may not make it.

I can't stand this dude. The way he watched his home run in game 1 really rubbed me the wrong way... and then the way he caught the ball right near the bag and nonchalantly stepped on it. Got my blood boiling. Me and my dad both thought we should have run one high and tight. So cocky...

MSUDuo

Razorback_Mack

MoSt=No respect for the game. If you've got kids that play make sure they tune in to show them how not to act. That being said, they are a heckuva ball club.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 05, 2017, 04:09:19 pm
Amazing what people see, or want to see.
I give you props for having the cojones to come on our site and stand your ground without trolling.