Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD: #1 ARKANSAS (43-18) vs #4 ORAL ROBERTS (43-15)

Started by Razorbacks#1, June 04, 2017, 10:22:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseehogwild

I think we are the only team in the 4-team regional that hasn't hit a homer yet! I am ready for that to change!

jry04

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 04, 2017, 03:12:01 pm
I think we are the only team in the 4-team regional that hasn't hit a homer yet! I am ready for that to change!
We are, and we had the most HRs entering the regional with arguably the hottest hitter in the country.

razorbackfanatic

Any updates on the rain? Has it stopped raining there? Is the tarp still down?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on June 04, 2017, 03:28:48 pm
Any updates on the rain? Has it stopped raining there? Is the tarp still down?

They have not announced a start time yet.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Kevin

Still raining. Tarp is on. Sitting in parking lot. Waiting on the word
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TikiHog

SPAL

I fully expect us to hammer ORU today. I think we score at least 10 runs and move on.

I know conventional wisdom says you gotta start Murphy today, and I know you have to win or go home
...but you have to piece together a bullpen against somebody. I would rather piece together the pen against ORU as opposed to mo state.

So I start Alberius today and see what he gives you and go from there.

I know that's not likely to happen but playing devil's advocate, what would you do?

razorbackfanatic

Thanks for the updates. If we don't start until 6, looks like only one game today at best.

jry04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 04, 2017, 03:35:58 pm
I fully expect us to hammer ORU today. I think we score at least 10 runs and move on.

I know conventional wisdom says you gotta start Murphy today, and I know you have to win or go home
...but you have to piece together a bullpen against somebody. I would rather piece together the pen against ORU as opposed to mo state.

I know that's not likely to happen but playing devil's advocate, what would you do?
I don't disagree with this theory. We have to win 3 games with what we have left. Would you rather your "worst" starter face ORU or in one of the final games v MSU? They all have to pitch at some point.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

I like it. Underrated hog pitchers, from what i've seen, tend to get in the zone in these regional situations. Jackson Lowry came to mind, though I'm no expert on how apt that example is.

Any weather delay helps the hogs relative to m-state right?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 04, 2017, 12:42:27 pm
We need more of this attitude.

Time to win 3 in a row.  Screw the odds.
+1000 if I could.... and if I could, I would...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jry04

Quote from: TikiHog on June 04, 2017, 03:32:22 pm
Bunch of players just left to eat so we won't start before 6
Seems silly to me if true. The rain appears to be stopping in the next 15-30 minutes. It has already lightened up considerably, and the radar shows it is almost out of the area of the stadium. There is a huge break with the rest of the rain appearing to stay 10-15 miles east of the stadium for a while. Local meteorologists have said as much. That means this game could potentially start by 4:30-5:00pm. They were expecting to be playing right now anyways, and hopefully playing for 6-7 hours if there wasn't rain, so why would they be leaving the stadium to go eat? Unless the forecast has changed and they are sure there isn't a game until this evening it seems silly to not be standing by. Some of the calls made in inclement weather puzzle me anyways, though.

tennesseehogwild

I like your thinking. Why not gamble? If it works out we could have Murphy and Taco waiting in the wings!

ricepig

Another thought, say we get this game started at 5-6pm, but another area of rain moves in at 7? Do you waste a guy who can go potentially 7 innings, vs piecing it together from the bullpen with expected delays?

Kevin

Got to win the one in front of you. If you get a good lead then start going to pen
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

Knot2brite

This is reminding me too much of the season that the Hogs hosted and MSU beat us in the last inning and then we turned around and lost to Clemson...2003 I think...that team was loaded...it may have been earlier than that ....we have to blast ORU and fight the bears for two games...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jry04

Quote from: Kevin on June 04, 2017, 03:44:49 pm
My pops says start kopps.  Murphy for msu.
I would be cool with that. I get you have to play for now and worry about tomorrow when it comes, but at the same time we have to win 3 games to win this regional, and you have to play the matchups. MSU had 3-4 lefties, so Murphy may be a good matchup against them. Also, you don't want to waste Murphy against ORU if you think you can beat ORU without him. If you think Kopps, Taco, or Alberius can beat ORU but maybe not MSU then you have to throw those guys. In a situation like this you definitely have to think big picture. If Kopps or whoever you plan on being a 3rd starting in the coming games cannot beat ORU, then they probably couldn't beat Missouri State anyways.

MSUDuo

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 04, 2017, 03:47:31 pm
This is reminding me too much of the season that the Hogs hosted and MSU beat us in the last inning and then we turned around and lost to Clemson...2003 I think...that team was loaded...it may have been earlier than that ....we have to blast ORU and fight the bears for two games...

Dr. Starcs

theFlyingHog

Quote from: trippigs on June 04, 2017, 02:12:21 pm
There is a wreck in the tunnel on 49. Sitting still
That's one of my nightmares. And I've seen some really bad stuff

Its mindset.  We must come to work today and refuse to be denied.  We are the best team in this regional, have been awarded the home field advantage, have played the easier schedule in the tourney so far and we've put ourselves in a bad situation.  No damn excuses.  Play ball like we are capable and coach the same way and be the Alpha Team we are. 

Knot2brite

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 04, 2017, 03:50:00 pm
I knew 2003 sounded wrong but I know that MSU went to the CWS in 2003 and I thought they went through Fayetteville to get there
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

onebadrubi

Quote from: jry04 on June 04, 2017, 03:24:56 pm
We are, and we had the most HRs entering the regional with arguably the hottest hitter in the country.

I thought mo st had more home runs than us on the year?

Beaverfever

Kevin

MSUDuo

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 04, 2017, 03:59:13 pm
I knew 2003 sounded wrong but I know that MSU went to the CWS in 2003 and I thought they went through Fayetteville to get there

Went through Nebraska and Ohio State that year.

AirWarren

WhenPigsFly

jry04

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 04, 2017, 04:00:45 pm
I thought mo st had more home runs than us on the year?
We have 80, they have 76 counting the HRs they have hit this weekend. They had 72 entering the weekend.

TikiHog

98hogs

SPAL

Let's play a game while we wait....

Name a school and then someone name the mascot of that school. No Google....

Long Beach state

bosshog84

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 04, 2017, 04:06:40 pm

Long Beach state

Dirtbags

HogFansReunited

Long Beach state

Banana Slugs I think
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Pudgepork

Long Beach state
Bikini Babes?

rljjr

Long Beach state

West Coast teams ... ugh. What are they? Gauchos?

Stewhog 11

BroyledNutts

Everyone knows today is eat or be eaten.

Unless the offense can explode early and take the pressure off the pitching staff, everyone on the staff with even a pitch left in the arm needs to be ready to go from first pitch today to last out tomorrow.

The time to strategize and scheme and save arms or worry about pitch counts was last night - and that luxury evaporated with another feeble offensive effort. Now it's do whatever you have to to extend the season, or accept defeat.

With the exception of Stephan and Knight, every pitcher we have needs to accept the fact that it's time to turn into Charlie Boyce.

Same with the offense.  No more ho-hum efforts. S@$t or get off the pot time. Your at home, time to play like it.

End of rant.

SPAL

Kevin

Quote from: TikiHog on June 04, 2017, 03:32:22 pm
Bunch of players just left to eat so we won't start before 6

I hope those players ate light & quick.  I kid

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on June 04, 2017, 04:10:50 pm
That is UC Santa Cruz. LBSU are the dirtbags. California is weird.

I knew it was one of those socal teams.

Member #3568

SPAL

I'll accept dirtbags because the baseball goes by it but officially, they are the 49ers.

University of Maryland Baltimore County

Kevin

Kevin

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Pudgepork

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 04, 2017, 04:14:54 pm
I'll accept dirtbags because the baseball goes by it but officially, they are the 49ers.

University of Maryland Baltimore County

Snowflakes