Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tell us about your playing days.....

Started by SPAL, May 30, 2017, 09:02:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

Played SS For Warren High School. Won a State Title in 2005. All state all conference my senior year... went on to play college ball briefly at Highland Community College and Univeristy Central Missouri.

Southpaw Hawg

Quote from: futurehogdad on June 04, 2017, 12:00:20 am
You should have started the second game of the playoffs instead of Victor Crews.
[/quote

Ha!  I think I'd pitched every inning of the tournament up to that point.

pigmailyen

7th grade, 4th period phys ed. softball.  Yours truly is permanent right fielder.  "Playing" the position at that age went something like this for me most days:

"Wow, that new girl is cute." 
(Distant unintelligible yelling, ignoring it)
"Wonder if I can sit beside her at lunch tomorrow."
(Yelling becoming more urgent, a word I should recognize but don't)
"Wait, what--"
(Realize everyone's yelling my last name as softball hits me square on the head...frantically searching for ball with help of angry CF and first baseman as batter rounds safely to third).

Good times.

tophawg19

played 2nd base , good glove and arm with decent range . good directional hitter . Dislocated both shoulders in football and never was able to play again. played competitive softball for a while in my 20's till i tore up a knee in a tourny . rode off into the sunset from then on. the love and desire is there but not the body . football is still my favorite but i loved all 3 . Track not so much
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Ozarkhog05

I am a lefty. Primarily CF and P. Some catcher in LL actually. My single greatest team accomplishment was being a game away from going to the super regionals of the LLWS. Highlight of the tournament was going yard for a 3 run HR to straight center of the host team in front of a packed crowd. Played through high school in class A ball in north Arkansas. Had a chance to play college ball but opted to try basketball (wrong choice BTW). Got offered by a small private school 2 years out of HS but the tuition even with a scholarship was almost double what I was paying for Tech.

Baseball is the single greatest sport. It is the only sport I actually can watch at the pro level. Cards fan through and through. But the diamond hogs are favorite overall.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on June 03, 2017, 11:33:47 pm
After some 40 years Melvin brought my legion glove to me a year or so ago.I had no Idea where it was and they found it in some old equipment bags.

We've gotta know each other...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hogs-n-Roses

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 03, 2017, 11:48:08 am
I knew Russ.  We worked for the same company for a few years.  Didn't know he died though.  What was he about 50?  How did he die?

Russ was 57 years old.  Graduated HS in 1977.  Russ was a great dad and grandfather. I do not know how he died.  I can find out though.  Pretty sure it was natural cause.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on June 02, 2017, 11:51:19 pm
Back in my little league and Pony days Rose City played in our league sort of, I think they forfeited more games to us than we ever played. It was always a question of whether we would have a game, the team was Coleman Dairy sponsored then. I played at Landmark and East End.

Back then, Landmark was like a trip across the country.  Nobody had gas money to get to Landmark.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on June 05, 2017, 12:09:03 am
I'm a few years older.

Maybe so, but we seem to know all the same people.  Either way, there were some really talented guys in that area (Lonoke, Carlisle, Cabot) during that era and a bunch of them played college and pro ball.  Kind of a golden age for those small communities.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.