Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheap Knives.

Started by DeltaBoy, January 15, 2016, 09:30:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

That Colonial Quik Flip.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Christmas time is coming fast and your TSC , Walmart or better Lumber and hardware stores will have pocket knifes out for sale.  IF you going to used Amazon grab some Rough Rider Barlows before you check out and you will have some great stocking stuffers.  Or raid Ebay.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

December 23, 2016, 08:08:55 pm #52 Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:16:18 pm by DeltaBoy

VictoryRedChevy

I've carried a Kershaw 3850 swerve for years.

Unnamed Source

I had one of those little Rough Riders for awhile- sharp out of the box and held an edge. Steel isn't as good and you can tell, but for an everyday user, it's good. And if you lose it like I did, you don't feel as bad as losing a Case.

Unnamed Source

Question for you knife experts- is the steel and overall quality of a 50's/60's Imperial and Utica 3 blade stockman as good as what a "higher end" knife of today has?

HogShat

Quote from: DeltaBoy on June 14, 2016, 11:26:17 am
Over 40 pockets knifes+5 lock backs and 6 fixed blades .

I've lost that many knives in my life! That's why I won't pay more than 10 bucks for one! Nowadays its the Irwin folding replaceable razor blade models for me...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Unnamed Source on January 02, 2017, 06:58:48 pm
Question for you knife experts- is the steel and overall quality of a 50's/60's Imperial and Utica 3 blade stockman as good as what a "higher end" knife of today has?

Any made in the USA knife of that time period is as good or better than those from today.

DeltaBoy

I am enjoying my cheap knifes they cut what I need and as another poster said your not heartbroken if you break or lose it.

DeltaBoy

January 31, 2017, 01:52:47 pm #59 Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:19:28 pm by DeltaBoy
Grabbed a Western Barlow the other day and got a Taylor Made Imperial Cigar whittler and the next day dropped the Cigar and broke off one of the blades.

Paid 20 for the 1960 era Barlow from a Antique store and 10 for the Imperial new in the box from the local gun shop.

IMG_20180423_201207_839

DeltaBoy

February 03, 2017, 02:50:14 pm #60 Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:17:06 pm by DeltaBoy
I waiting on a new Taylor made OT Lumberjack stockman I got off Amazon for $$21:50

DeltaBoy

Got it and it 4 1/2 inches long.  Nice out of the box solid fit and finish and good walk n talk.  The Barlow turned out to be a Western and it took a wicked edge.

Antique stores are pretty good if you get out and look for them.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Delta.... Walmart has the Kershaw Chill for $13.64 right now, with free store pickup.  Picked up 2 for myself, nice little knife. When you get to Walmart's site looking for the knife, be sure to type in $13.   They have 3-4 different prices for that same knife on their site. Usual price is about $20......Cabela's sells it for $29.99.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DeltaBoy

Thanks , I got the wife back in the hospital so I will be taking a break from buying any knifes till at least April.

95_alum

Anyone own any Coast folders?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 95_alum on March 08, 2017, 09:47:00 pm
Anyone own any Coast folders?

I got one and it is a Solid knife.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 06, 2017, 08:44:46 am

Thanks , I got the wife back in the hospital so I will be taking a break from buying any knifes till at least April.

Walmart took those Kershaw Chill knives off of sale price, & put them back on reg. price about 2 days after I posted the sale price on here.  That was the cheapest I have ever seen them.  I own 5 of them now.  Slim, light weight & have a 3 1/8" blade.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 09, 2017, 07:15:57 pm
Walmart took those Kershaw Chill knives off of sale price, & put them back on reg. price about 2 days after I posted the sale price on here.  That was the cheapest I have ever seen them.  I own 5 of them now.  Slim, light weight & have a 3 1/8" blade.

Cool I have 2 Kershaws that my wife got me over the years.

DeltaBoy

The Hunt continues.

DeltaBoy

Well I was given some knifes since last post but I put the Hold on buying anymore till we see how my wife reacts to Chemo.

DeltaBoy

Got some Opinels and some more Old timers USA off the Bay.

DeltaBoy

Got a few more off the Bay

330OT Jack
340OT Stockman
A Camper SAK
8OT Stockman
All had rust issues except the SAK which had to points of the blades broke off!

DeltaBoy

Cleaned them up and they are now sharp and doing good work.  I found a Saber USA made med stockman that was a contract knife from Colonial.  It was new and very tight so I gave it a good 3-1 oil soak and now it great. Best of all I paid $1.95

DeltaBoy

Picked up my 3rd Camillus  # 21 Peanut knife I paid less than 25 bucks for all 3.

DeltaBoy

Ebay and 2nd hand stores are great.

DeltaBoy

Got a nice Camillus 67 Stockman for $10:50 delivered to my house from the bay.

DeltaBoy

Now the time to start if you want to give some good stocking stuffers for a cheep price.

DeltaBoy

Keep looking I got a new Rough Rider Sowbelly Stockman , RR Peanut;  and a red bone whittler in my stocking for Christmas .

Ebay rocks

Wayne Watson

Not exactly a cheap knife but I like Russ Peagler's knives.  He's out of Monck Corner, SC.  The Arkansas Trappers Association bought 5 from him last Spring that we will be giving away.  He's on Face book so check out his work.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Wayne Watson on December 09, 2017, 05:38:50 pm
Not exactly a cheap knife but I like Russ Peagler's knives.  He's out of Monck Corner, SC.  The Arkansas Trappers Association bought 5 from him last Spring that we will be giving away.  He's on Face book so check out his work.

Nice very Nice.

I still have and use my 1980s  Old Timer Sharpfinger.  It works great !

hogcards

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 03, 2016, 01:35:05 pm
Garden knife came in  Fit and Finish are perfect and the blade is like all Opinel's sharp.

My biggest surprise is how easy and light it feels in the pocket it just disappears in a pair of dockers.

I'm looking for a good/affordable filet knife.  Should I go through Opinel?  I don't want to spend more than 40-50 bucks.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hogcards on December 18, 2017, 09:37:33 am
I'm looking for a good/affordable filet knife.  Should I go through Opinel?  I don't want to spend more than 40-50 bucks.

Opinel makes a filet knife that folds and under 20 bucks .

DeltaBoy

January 19, 2018, 03:12:59 pm #82 Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:41:27 pm by DeltaBoy
Well I got some more another wire wheeled abused 8OT , A Camillus Barlow someone use a electric can opener sharpener on. 

I got a Camp knife and a Jack coming off the bay and spent less than 20 bucks on both.

DeltaBoy

Rough Rider and Opinel are along with Mora are some of the best knife buys around.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 03, 2017, 02:50:14 pm
I waiting on a new Taylor made OT Lumberjack stockman I got off Amazon for $$21:50

Paid the same for my new BTI Genuine bone 8OT Stockman.

HogBreath

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 01, 2018, 02:11:51 pm
Paid the same for my new BTI Genuine bone 8OT Stockman.
Delta, you had any dealings with the Elk Ridge line?  I've seen a bunch of different models on Ebay.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

DeltaBoy

I have not got one but I looking at grabbing one to try out.

Quote from: HogBreath on March 05, 2018, 09:03:37 pm
Delta, you had any dealings with the Elk Ridge line?  I've seen a bunch of different models on Ebay.

DeltaBoy

I still not got one yet but I will soon. Elk Ridge is another Frost brand.

DeltaBoy

Took a break on the knifes and bought some more DE Razors to use.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wayne Watson on December 09, 2017, 05:38:50 pm

Moncks Corner

Used to live not far from there.
This is my non-signature signature.

HogBreath

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 20, 2018, 11:38:24 am
I still not got one yet but I will soon. Elk Ridge is another Frost brand.
I had/have a Frost somewhere, good looking knife and was easy to sharpen and held an edge well.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

DeltaBoy

April 23, 2018, 01:56:01 pm #91 Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:43:22 pm by DeltaBoy
Quote from: HogBreath on April 22, 2018, 07:58:40 am
I had/have a Frost somewhere, good looking knife and was easy to sharpen and held an edge well.

Their Honk Falls line been great fit and finish, Walk and Talk and takes and holds an edge.

IMG_20180127_201604_580

DeltaBoy

Got a marbles and I will add some pictures to this thread this evening.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Nickle and diming got another 8OT and got a Uncle Henry coming in the mail  Grabbed another Frontier Stockman that going to need some repair work. 

DeltaBoy

Tractor Supply Stores in my area got Kershaw OS SWeet and Gerber Linerlocks on sale for 14:98.

kane54131

Ontario Rat2, steel will cutjack, honey badger, tangram Santa Fe, CJRB Centros or Feldspar, QSP Parrot. I have more suggestions if you want (katana swords) and can talk about all these knives.

Hogberry Snortcake

I keep a Benchmade Automatic in my gym backpack. The army gave it to me before a deployment, and I have an unreasonable attachment to it.  I thought I lost it the other day, and I about tore the house down looking for it.  Didn't realize how much that would effect me...

Also, kudos for the resurrection of one of Delta's zombie threads.