Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen Is Improving!!!

Started by HogCaller13, September 18, 2013, 02:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman1974

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:36:47 pm

Dude. It's just common sense man. He couldn't move his arm after the touchdown

Not saying he is playing.  But when Jonathan Williams went down in game one and walked to the locker room, he couldn't move his left arm.  He was holding it up with his right hand.  It was dead.  Everyone on Hogville was so sure it was a broken arm or a separated shoulder.  It was a stinger.  "He can't move his arm!  He's out for the season!"  He came back in after halftime and torched LL for a 75 yard TD.  You can't sit on a couch and make a diagnosis. 

HighOntheHog

Quote from: hogman1974 on September 18, 2013, 04:52:40 pm
Not saying he is playing.  But when Jonathan Williams went down in game one and walked to the locker room, he couldn't move his left arm.  He was holding it up with his right hand.  It was dead.  Everyone on Hogville was so sure it was a broken arm or a separated shoulder.  It was a stinger.  "He can't move his arm!  He's out for the season!"  He came back in after halftime and torched LL for a 75 yard TD.  You can't sit on a couch and make a diagnosis.

This. There really is no telling.  They're playing it close to the hip right now, and that's good. We will know Saturday or maybe Friday at the earliest. BOth teams are in the same boat. Having to prepare for two different QB's makes it harder, but arkansas will play like arkansas has been playing.  Rutgers will also. 

rhames

I agree. Just the feeling I'm getting

Williams also returned to the game and didnt have to wear a sling.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

luke hawg

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 05:05:23 pm

Williams isn't chunking a football 30 to 50 yards either.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 05:05:23 pm

Odd that two weeks later in the S.Miss. game, Williams was the most productive RB but had much fewer carries than Collins, plus they ran Small a bunch in the 2nd qtr.  Could've been for ball security just trying to get into halftime but it made me wonder if Williams wasn't 100% healthy, meaning the shoulder was still sore so they limited his carries.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: hogman1974 on September 18, 2013, 04:52:40 pm

Yea but Jonathon's good friend didn't come on here posting that JWil would be out for 1 or 2 games either.

This did happen with BA on Sunday when we were coming off the CBB press conference where everyone was thinking BA was ok.

What I saw live, combined with the way the poster talked about inside info on BA's injury, had me believing that maybe this guy wasn't trollin.

Two days later the media starts picking up the story that BA is now out for Rutgers.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

rhames

September 18, 2013, 06:23:33 pm #56 Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:34:22 pm by rhames
Look

I'm just going on opinion

After the game bielema sad they held him out for precautionary reasons and Brandon felt like he would be back Saturday

Now it is they may or may not play him Saturday

All qbs are off limits to the press

Maybe I have bad memories from last year but to me all the signs are pointing to us playing with Allen

On the teleconference today they flat out asked coach if it was an ac sprain and be said he didn't want to get into it.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Boston RedHogs

I would think BA playing on Sat has to be a very low probability.

And before the first person says, "so you're saying there's a chance"....of course there is.  But I don't think it will happen.

I'm actually interested to see how Derby looks after a full week of practice with the first team as I think he's our guy this weekend

jjdlc

Of course there are mind games involved.  Will he or won't he play?  I couldn't even begin to guess.  But by taking him with the team, the possibility exists, so Rutgers has to at least consider that possibility.   If they don't, and he plays, they risk what already appears to be a questionable secondary really getting torched. 

I said in another thread on burning AAs redshirt, that I felt like they would go with Derby to start and see how that went before deciding to take the shirt off.  Same goes here, if Allen can play, but isn't 100%, then I expect they go with Derby to start, and then put Allen in if we need to open the passing game up.  The smart thing to do, if it appears we can win with Derby, would be to rest BA if possible to get ready for next week vs. A&M.

PorkSoda

Quote from: jjdlc on September 18, 2013, 06:50:55 pm
Of course there are mind games involved.  Will he or won't he play?  I couldn't even begin to guess.  But by taking him with the team, the possibility exists, so Rutgers has to at least consider that possibility.   If they don't, and he plays, they risk what already appears to be a questionable secondary really getting torched. 

I said in another thread on burning AAs redshirt, that I felt like they would go with Derby to start and see how that went before deciding to take the shirt off.  Same goes here, if Allen can play, but isn't 100%, then I expect they go with Derby to start, and then put Allen in if we need to open the passing game up.  The smart thing to do, if it appears we can win with Derby, would be to rest BA if possible to get ready for next week vs. A&M.

This ^^
So much will depend on the flow of the game, but regardless Derby will start.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Another Opinion:::Because of seeing BA in a sling last saturday, I figure he is hurt worse than anything being offered by those that should know.  I do not expect to see BA in the Rutgers game no matter the situation cause I doubt he will be able.  Maybe by next week, he'll be able to play but I would not be surprised if he didn't play against A&M.

Due to the offensive scheme we use, unless Derby goes all excitement and can't get the snap or make the handoff, I don't see much difference in who QBs this team.

Once we establish a better passing game, I would then worry about who is at QB but not right now.  Every team member believing he needs to play a bit harder because our QB is out may help us more than if BA was healthy and playing.

Our coaching staff has been babysitting this team from the very first game to keep them confident and going forward.  This game will be no different.  It takes time to get over the head injuries we suffered from last years SMILE & CO tenure. 

jjdlc

Quote from: 12247 on September 18, 2013, 07:10:24 pm
Another Opinion:::Because of seeing BA in a sling last saturday, I figure he is hurt worse than anything being offered by those that should know.  I do not expect to see BA in the Rutgers game no matter the situation cause I doubt he will be able.

Might be right, thats whats interesting about the situation.  The only people who really know anything, are the coaches, BA, and team doctors.  They have done an excellent job of playing this close to their chest.  Maybe they've been getting lessons from Jeff Long.

PorkSoda

Quote from: jjdlc on September 18, 2013, 07:30:39 pm
Might be right, thats whats interesting about the situation.  The only people who really know anything, are the coaches, BA, and team doctors.  They have done an excellent job of playing this close to their chest.  Maybe they've been getting lessons from Jeff Long.
I don't really think they are trying to trick anyone, its a game time decisions based on how well he progresses through the week.  They aren't making any decisions other than that he will travel with the team.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jjdlc

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 18, 2013, 07:36:18 pm
I don't really think they are trying to trick anyone, its a game time decisions based on how well he progresses through the week.  They aren't making any decisions other than that he will travel with the team.

Maybe, maybe not, still doesn't change the fact that very few people really know BAs actual status.

rhames

I think you guys are putting too much stock in the "mind games" theory

The gameplan to beat arkansas is to stop the run. Doesn't matter who the qb is.

jjdlc

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 07:47:10 pm
I think you guys are putting too much stock in the "mind games" theory

Coaches do stuff all the times that are meant to keep the other team guessing.

Truth of the matter is, there is no reason at all for BA to not travel with the team.  On the other hand, now Rutgers has to at least consider the possibility that he plays.  Does it change their game plan?  Only the Rutger's coaches know.

BrokenArrowHogs

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 07:47:10 pm

Agreed.  You can draw up their game plan pretty easily.  They will crowd the line and put pressure on the run game to see if they can stuff it.  They will dare AR to prove it can pass on them. Our team has not established such a passing presence that any opposing team is going to worry much about it yet. 

The TEs should be major factors in a game like this and fortunately, we have several good ones that can create mismatches at manageable throwing distances and angles for Derby. 

Jamie Jones

We won't need BA to win this game. And AJ will be getting some much needed playing time for future games. The worst thing that could happen for AJ would be for him to get banged up and AA get into the game. When that happens, BA will be hard pressed to get back in. JMO
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on September 18, 2013, 06:32:15 pm
I would think BA playing on Sat has to be a very low probability.

And before the first person says, "so you're saying there's a chance"....of course there is.  But I don't think it will happen.

I'm actually interested to see how Derby looks after a full week of practice with the first team as I think he's our guy this weekend
I wonder if Derby is more of the dual threat QB Coach B likes? He's a big strong guy...dude is 6' 5" I think and can be physical when needed.  Brandon Allen is still the best passing QB on the team no doubt

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HighOntheHog on September 18, 2013, 04:59:41 pm
This. There really is no telling.  They're playing it close to the hip right now, and that's good. We will know Saturday or maybe Friday at the earliest. BOth teams are in the same boat. Having to prepare for two different QB's makes it harder, but arkansas will play like arkansas has been playing.  Rutgers will also.

Man, now he's got a bad hip?  What's next....? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

urkillnmesmalls

I think it's hilarious that everyone is guessing about his injury.  They are not going to tell us anything by design.  It would be as simple as a mild AC sprain that is inflamed and making the shoulder stiff, to a damaged rotator cuff, or a partially torn labrum.  There's not a soul on here who knows anything from what I can tell. 

I'll be shocked if he plays.  I'll be shocked if he doesn't.  I feel very strongly both ways.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

twistitup

It's national cheeseburger day today, that is why he was improving so much - hopped up on cheeseburgers. He almost fooled the coaches into letting him start- that's how good he was feeling.

Derby better eat a cheeseburger.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PonderinHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 18, 2013, 07:36:18 pm
I wonder how many of our players have ever been to NYC.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2013, 09:38:21 pm
It's national cheeseburger day today, that is why he was improving so much - hopped up on cheeseburgers. He almost fooled the coaches into letting him start- that's how good he was feeling.

Derby better eat a cheeseburger.

National cheeseburger day?  Be right back....

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hogwild210

Quote from: ricepig on September 18, 2013, 03:08:20 pm
Really, all you need to do is follow any of our beat writers on twitter, they all were quoting Bielema on his 11:10 SEC press conference.

For those of us who don't twit, we have Hogville
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rowdy1

Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

Hogsmo Kramer

Not gonna play.

But we'll be fine regardless.

WPS!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Pigasaurus

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.   Sun Tzu
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: Hawgon on September 18, 2013, 02:51:42 pm
You mean there is a chance that AJ Derby won't be able to use this game as a springboard to the Heisman Trophy?

You stay classy, Hawgon.

SPAL

Quote from: rowdy1 on September 18, 2013, 11:05:44 pm
Inside sources say he is playing

Sweet. Will DGB be lining up at WR or TE?

PigPusher

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:30:50 pm

It isn't a bruise

So then our coach is a liar. Do you really want to go there?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

bxw21

Allen is out for 2-4 weeks. No surgery tho.

B-Ross2417

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 18, 2013, 11:38:40 pm
Sweet. Will DGB be lining up at WR or TE?

It's all up to Coach Gundy.  Let's not speculate and let the media do their jobs...

SPAL

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 18, 2013, 03:23:16 pm
"Did you hear the news?...Barney Fife shot himself in the chest!"

Those gossipin men

lumphog

Quote from: B-Ross2417 on September 19, 2013, 12:07:11 am
It's all up to Coach Gundy.  Let's not speculate and let the media do their jobs...
I'm 40

PonderinHog

Westcoasthog

I am hoping that Brandon Allen is improving and will play against Rutgers, and of course Texas A&M!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Have we heard from that one guy's mom yet?  That's when I'll start getting hopes up.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

razorbackkid

rhames

Quote from: PigPusher on September 18, 2013, 11:48:00 pm
So then our coach is a liar. Do you really want to go there?

Not sure if serious.

But yes. I don't think he was truthful.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: HogCaller13 on September 18, 2013, 02:45:59 pm
Brandon might be able to play afterall on Saturday. Great News if true.

Hogs: QB Allen shoulder improving, may play Sat

as of yesterday......

"Unless the doctors can guarantee me 100 percent that there's no risk whatsoever, and (Allen) could look me in the eye and tell me, 'I can guarantee you I can go, coach,' and doesn't blink, that's the only way we'd let him go," Bielema said.

http://www.cadillacnews.com/ap_story/?story_id=156314&ap_cat=3&issue=20130918

ricepig

Quote from: hogwild210 on September 18, 2013, 10:27:57 pm
For those of us who don't twit, we have Hogville

Yeah, but you're missing those vital seconds of knowing...........

DeltaBoy

I'm not worried if he is going with the team he might see the field after all but I believe we can win with Derby.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

31to6

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on September 18, 2013, 05:49:37 pm
Odd that two weeks later in the S.Miss. game, Williams was the most productive RB but had much fewer carries than Collins, plus they ran Small a bunch in the 2nd qtr.  Could've been for ball security just trying to get into halftime but it made me wonder if Williams wasn't 100% healthy, meaning the shoulder was still sore so they limited his carries.

CBB said they were trying to avoid giving him too many snaps.

hogwild210

Quote from: B-Ross2417 on September 19, 2013, 12:07:11 am

I lol'ed
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.