Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deal or no deal?

Started by gotyacovered, April 02, 2013, 09:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMcRae

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1630755.html

Here's the "small twin, cream puff, fixer upper" you've always wanted......
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on April 25, 2013, 09:56:08 am
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1630755.html

Here's the "small twin, cream puff, fixer upper" you've always wanted......

hate it when they dont put panel pics...
You are what you tolerate.

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on April 25, 2013, 10:51:24 am
hate it when they dont put panel pics...

I figure the panel is the main place that needs the fixin up. 

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

GusMcRae

gotyacovered

RNC

gotyacovered

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 22, 2013, 12:01:02 pm
OMG... Ugliest paint job ever.

Sweet plane with good interior tho.

It is a very ugly paint job. I might call that a hen$&!t brown.

But it's cheap enough to upgrade some avionics and eventually paint.

RNC

If everything checks out on this, it's a steal...

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/PIPER-DAKOTA/1979-PIPER-DAKOTA/1280291.htm

Only thing apparently missing is a new backup NAV/COMM, which is easily overlooked considering it has alt hold on the factory AP.

Base value on a factory original late 70s thru early 80s Dakota with no newer electronics is 90k, mid time engine and under 4k TTAF assumed.  This guy has got another 30k or so in paint, leather, and avionics, and only asking ~9k for his upgrades?  One of you should buy it ;).

Brownstreak

Quote from: GusMcRae on May 22, 2013, 02:23:14 pm
It is a very ugly paint job. I might call that a hen$&!t brown.

But it's cheap enough to upgrade some avionics and eventually paint.

I want a T210 so bad that I didn't even notice the baby shart brown paint.  That's a nice deal.

gotyacovered

Quote from: Brownstreak on May 27, 2013, 07:33:41 pm
I want a T210 so bad that I didn't even notice the baby shart brown paint.  That's a nice deal.

if we all  lived close together we have at least 3 people on here who want a 210, we could partner. game days would probably be a problem though!!!

Brownstreak

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 28, 2013, 04:27:13 pm
if we all  lived close together we have at least 3 people on here who want a 210, we could partner. game days would probably be a problem though!!!

That would be fantastic!  I'm rarely off for many games, so you wouldn't have to worry about me on gameday.

gotyacovered

Quote from: Brownstreak on May 28, 2013, 08:58:42 pm
That would be fantastic!  I'm rarely off for many games, so you wouldn't have to worry about me on gameday.

that works for me!!! all we need to do it get gus into arkansas!!!!!

GusMcRae

Quote from: gotyacovered on May 28, 2013, 10:04:37 pm
that works for me!!! all we need to do it get gus into arkansas!!!!!

,,, hmmmmm, my roots were pretty deep over here,,,, but they're getting shallower by the minute with the drought we're in,,,, I know it rains more East of I-35. 

RNC

Don't move to Little Rock, it rains burglars and muggers here.

Brownstreak

Quote from: RNC on May 29, 2013, 10:49:25 pm
Don't move to Little Rock, it rains burglars and muggers here.

And arsonists...

Flying Razorback

I'll vote for you to move to Arkansas.  I've loved every minute of my move back in the past year+.  This really is a great state.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

gotyacovered

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on June 01, 2013, 01:19:46 pm
I'll vote for you to move to Arkansas.  I've loved every minute of my move back in the past year+.  This really is a great state.

+1. lets do this gus.

we can keep it in Hope ;D