Wow ASU, you're bad

Started by BPsTheMan, September 10, 2016, 11:08:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

like really bad

Auburn is pathetic and they destroyed you guys

smh

GolfNut57

coming from the likes of you that really hurts............well.............not really.....
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

BPsTheMan

Golf, before 2012 it would not have even made sense to me to be against Arkansas State. But that's when all the mouthing became non stop - like little mouthy anarchy type smartasses protesting Wall Street.

I've known a few folks with ASU football before 2012, going back decades, and always liked them. Got to know Steve Roberts briefly, what a great guy, etc.

But since 2012, you guys started mouthing to high heaven and it did you no favors. And some of your people won't stop.

I guess that whining to the state legislature and etc did it for me.

edit: whatever

Seminole Indian

Opened as a 6 1/2 point dog to a very, very average Utah State team on the road. That is bad.

Reading their message board there is really not one thing they can point their finger too, that does not come back to a coaching issue.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

HogCzar1

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 11, 2016, 05:03:27 pm
Opened as a 6 1/2 point dog to a very, very average Utah State team on the road. That is bad.

Reading their message board there is really not one thing they can point their finger too, that does not come back to a coaching issue.

I was at the Arkansas-TCU game so I did not watch the ASU game. But a few things are obvious.

1. No matter how much discussion there is about the ASU coaches, the fact remains that there was a gross overestimation of the talent level at ASU.
We were told that they were a collection of 4 star talents across the board.  Also, that ASU had 2 4 star QBs, and SEC level talent on both sides of the ball. That obviously isn't the case. You don't get dominated the way ASU has and simply blame it all on coaching.

2. The AD at ASU has led the cheerleading all year. This week he was at the Jonesboro Airport talking about how well ASU matched up with Auburn. He talked this summer on the radio about how they were better than most if not all of the Big 12 expansion candidates. And, he along with the ASU head coach led the cheers in August about how they were going to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. As it stands, this did not serve ASU well, at all.

3. ASU will need to improve their play if they wish to repeat as Sun Belt champions. A couple of the league teams appear to be improved. ASU can right the ship and accomplish this. However,  the ASU administrators, coaches, and certainly the militant message board fanatics, need to get real about what they have in terms of their program.

4. With as many Seniors as ASU is playing this season, and with the result of the first 2 games, this week will be interesting to see how they respond.

IMABIELEMA

Well Auburn does have an elite defense and elite offensive talent....

Seminole Indian

September 11, 2016, 08:38:53 pm #6 Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:02:27 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: HogCzar1 on September 11, 2016, 07:44:13 pm
I was at the Arkansas-TCU game so I did not watch the ASU game. But a few things are obvious.

1. No matter how much discussion there is about the ASU coaches, the fact remains that there was a gross overestimation of the talent level at ASU.
We were told that they were a collection of 4 star talents across the board.  Also, that ASU had 2 4 star QBs, and SEC level talent on both sides of the ball. That obviously isn't the case. You don't get dominated the way ASU has and simply blame it all on coaching.

2. The AD at ASU has led the cheerleading all year. This week he was at the Jonesboro Airport talking about how well ASU matched up with Auburn. He talked this summer on the radio about how they were better than most if not all of the Big 12 expansion candidates. And, he along with the ASU head coach led the cheers in August about how they were going to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. As it stands, this did not serve ASU well, at all.

3. ASU will need to improve their play if they wish to repeat as Sun Belt champions. A couple of the league teams appear to be improved. ASU can right the ship and accomplish this. However,  the ASU administrators, coaches, and certainly the militant message board fanatics, need to get real about what they have in terms of their program.

4. With as many Seniors as ASU is playing this season, and with the result of the first 2 games, this week will be interesting to see how they respond.

As far as #1 the Razorbacks don't have 4 star talent across the board, much less A-State ( think they have 4 )so I would like to see where anyone has said they have  "a collection of 4 star talents across the board". Think you made that up. How can you tell it was not coaching?

#2-that is the AD's job, good for him.

#3- I agree to a certain extent. My former employer, who is the gold standard for such things  has them as a 9 win +/-1 team in 2016  (and 2-2 after the first 4 games). That will not get them to Dallas. Just not there yet in their talent, even though they are the most talented team in the SBC. Were last year when the started 1-3 and are this year.

#4- agree 100%, although they will be more talented next year than this year, where they are more talented than last year.

Just a normal year in college football, people are crowning conference champions, and assuring everyone that the rest of the season is just a formality, forgetting that it is a long and bumpy road to December..
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dropkick

I look for ASU to get back on track as they ease into sunbelt play. Toledo is a salty bunch and no one expected them to hang long with Auburn.

HogCzar1

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 11, 2016, 08:38:53 pm
As far as #1 the Razorbacks don't have 4 star talent across the board, much less A-State so I would like to see where anyone has said they have  "a collection of 4 star talents across the board". Think you made that up. How can you tell it was not coaching?

#2 that is the AD's job, good for him.

#3, I agree to a certain extent. My former employer, who is the gold standard for such things  has them as a 9 win +/-1 team in 2016  (and 2-2 after the first 4 games). That will not get them to Dallas. Just not there yet in their talent, even though they are the most talented team in the SBC. Were last year when the started 1-3 and are this year.

#4- agree 100%, although they will be more talented next year than this year, where they are more talented than last year.

1. No where, and I mean no where, did I make a statement comparing the ASU talent to Arkansas.The point I was making was that there were a number of people who raved about the QB kid from Oklahoma, and I also vividly recall several mentioning he was a 4 star QB. And, the Pitt transfer was also mentioned as a 3-4 star player. Dee Liner was talked about as a 4-5 star player that simply was caught in numbers at Bama. In addition, I also recall it mentioned that the 3rd string ASU QB after a redshirt year could start for most P5 teams. I find it very difficult to believe that ASU was beaten on both sides of the ball the past 2 weeks with equal talent as Toledo and Auburn.

2. And, no, I disagree that the AD's job is to publicly overhype his team and his program. I don't find that admirable. Rather, the results on the field should speak for his program. And, without history of a pattern of respectable wins against quality top 25 programs, I still don't know what would prompt such statements.

3. If ASU is going to be more talented next year than this year, that means they are going to have to replace a BUNCH of Seniors with better talent. This is the same thing that was said last year. Where is this talent coming from?
And if it is already on campus, then why aren't they playing now?

Seminole Indian

September 12, 2016, 06:44:33 am #9 Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:08:40 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: HogCzar1 on September 11, 2016, 09:12:21 pm

1. No where, and I mean no where, did I make a statement comparing the ASU talent to Arkansas.The point I was making was that there were a number of people who raved about the QB kid from Oklahoma, and I also vividly recall several mentioning he was a 4 star QB. And, the Pitt transfer was also mentioned as a 3-4 star player. Dee Liner was talked about as a 4-5 star player that simply was caught in numbers at Bama. In addition, I also recall it mentioned that the 3rd string ASU QB after a redshirt year could start for most P5 teams. I find it very difficult to believe that ASU was beaten on both sides of the ball the past 2 weeks with equal talent as Toledo and Auburn.

2. And, no, I disagree that the AD's job is to publicly overhype his team and his program. I don't find that admirable. Rather, the results on the field should speak for his program. And, without history of a pattern of respectable wins against quality top 25 programs, I still don't know what would prompt such statements.

3. If ASU is going to be more talented next year than this year, that means they are going to have to replace a BUNCH of Seniors with better talent. This is the same thing that was said last year. Where is this talent coming from?
And if it is already on campus, then why aren't they playing now?
#1- No I compared the two, and stated A-State had four 4-star players, you said you had been told they had "a collection of 4 star talents across the board", then proceeded to discuss three of their four 4-star players( Kendall Sanders is the other).

#2- I respect your opinion.

#3- Several are sitting out to comply with the NCAA transfer rules. Several are freshmen backing up upper class men on this team, all are more highly recruited than the guys ahead of them.

I think you have made your point, and normally I don't chime in during the football season because I don't watch much football, but because of your tendency to misrepresent I'm going to make an exception.

I have A-State as a 9 win +/-1 team in 2016 based only on their talent, and if at the end of the year they don't hit that mark the "why"  might be of interest to some, but probably not.