Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All A-State to Somewhere Post

Started by BPsTheMan, June 06, 2016, 10:13:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

June 06, 2016, 10:13:36 pm Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:17:14 am by Seminole Indian
do warmups in the regular home uniforms, and then come out in anthracite right before kickoff

This will be the win to go 4-0 before being able to rest for the open date - BIG!

Need a spark folks - it could become a tradition like Notre Dame coming out in green every once in a while

GolfNut57

ASU has no anthracite unis. The ones they had were ugly as pigs and bad luck. They burned them in the trash two years ago.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: GolfNut57 on June 07, 2016, 01:28:02 am
ASU has no anthracite unis. The ones they had were ugly as pigs and bad luck. They burned them in the trash two years ago.

the Redwolfs I know are not afraid of anthracite uniforms

they don't run scared

BPsTheMan

Quote from: GolfNut57 on June 07, 2016, 01:28:02 am

you just don't understand the rivalry

I'm telling you, this needs to happen

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on June 08, 2016, 08:08:04 pm

they don't run scared
Think it is pretty obvious they, UCA, and UAPB don't run scared, of anyone.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on June 08, 2016, 08:08:04 pm

they don't run scared

but do they pass scared??
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PharmacistHog

I don't think Garth likes anthracite. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boardon Hamsay

July 21, 2016, 10:26:21 pm #7 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:13:25 am by Seminole Indian
Just curious where we stand on this? It makes more geographic sense than a lot of the other schools and given the enrollment growth and recent success, could be a good future investment for the Big12. Better than Memphis, IMO.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BPsTheMan

I think they should, and I think after an undefeated season this year, they WILL get the opportunity

why else would Brent Venables be considering taking the Head Coaching Job?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 21, 2016, 10:33:52 pm
I think they should, and I think after an undefeated season this year, they WILL get the opportunity

why else would Brent Venables be considering taking the Head Coaching Job?

Agreed. With the right teams added and Venables at the helm, stAte will be set up for success in the new Big12 North(or East).
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HogCzar1

No question about it. Especially with their athletic budget growing at a much faster pace than the other schools mentioned in the Big 12 expansion.

Their team is set up this year to win them all. We have seen several lists of key players mentioned in earlier threads. By far the most talented team in the Sun Belt, if not the entire G5.

I saw earlier some prediction of Auburn beating ASU 38-17. How in the world can a team picked by some last in the SEC West be even considered close to the talent level ASU has amassed? Auburn doesn't have 2 4 star quarterbacks coming in like ASU has. And, as was mentioned, the speed and skill levels of this ASU squad will be matched by very few teams nationally.

There has been talk in NE Arkansas all spring and summer about how this team should run the table, and be in a position to at the very least be in the mix for a playoff berth.

I'm not so sure that Venables will get a chance to coach in Jonesboro. There is major money that is making it much more likely that ASU can match or beat just about any offer that may come Coach Anderson's way after this year.

ASU has gotten the all important campus Convention Center approved. This should attract business events from all over the country. ASU's next step is to start the job of upgrading the facilities. A major renovation and enlargement of Centennial Stadium is in the works. Certainly something comparable to Owen Field in Norman and Darrell Royal Stadium in Austin.

This should be an historic year for ASU.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on July 21, 2016, 11:11:54 pm
Agreed. With the right teams added and Venables at the helm, stAte will be set up for success in the new Big12 North(or East).

GoHogs1091 will be the new SID at stAte.  You heard it here first.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Seminole Indian

July 22, 2016, 04:13:07 pm #12 Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:34:41 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: HogCzar1 on July 22, 2016, 12:06:43 am
No question about it. Especially with their athletic budget growing at a much faster pace than the other schools mentioned in the Big 12 expansion.

Their team is set up this year to win them all. We have seen several lists of key players mentioned in earlier threads. By far the most talented team in the Sun Belt, if not the entire G5.

I saw earlier some prediction of Auburn beating ASU 38-17. How in the world can a team picked by some last in the SEC West be even considered close to the talent level ASU has amassed? Auburn doesn't have 2 4 star quarterbacks coming in like ASU has. And, as was mentioned, the speed and skill levels of this ASU squad will be matched by very few teams nationally.

There has been talk in NE Arkansas all spring and summer about how this team should run the table, and be in a position to at the very least be in the mix for a playoff berth.

I'm not so sure that Venables will get a chance to coach in Jonesboro. There is major money that is making it much more likely that ASU can match or beat just about any offer that may come Coach Anderson's way after this year.

ASU has gotten the all important campus Convention Center approved. This should attract business events from all over the country. ASU's next step is to start the job of upgrading the facilities. A major renovation and enlargement of Centennial Stadium is in the works. Certainly something comparable to Owen Field in Norman and Darrell Royal Stadium in Austin.

Hopefully the decision makers at A-State will not let all the success, and money go to their heads and keep their program where they can win, and just continue to spruce things up a little bit.

Don't get in over your head, and just focus on winning 9 games +/- every year, and going to a bowl every year, and win your conference championship.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that people in a state that is normally at or near the bottom of every list you would want to be at the top of, and at or near the top of every list you would want to be at the bottom of, really do need something to make them feel good about themselves, but the Razorbacks fill that role nicely IMO.

I'm old school and IMO even the sun shown a little brighter and the sky was a little bluer in Arkansas  when the Razorbacks  were in the SWC, and a fixture in the top 20, but again I'm old school.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

BPsTheMan

Quote from: HogCzar1 on July 22, 2016, 12:06:43 am

I don't think you're being optimistic enough here.

"should be" an historic year??  ???  After the historic year that's coming, What I think is that NIcky Saban is done, and Dabo takes His Show On The Road to Tuscaloosa. Then Blake Anderson has a decision to make. Take the Clemson job or stay at Arkansas State?

That's where the free Gus Malzahn House kicks in. It better be Blake's or he will be the Next Head Football Coach at Clemson.

The next Danny Ford.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 22, 2016, 04:13:07 pm

I'm old school and IMO even the sun shown a little brighter and the sky was a little bluer in Arkansas  when the Razorbacks  were in the SWC, and a fixture in the top 20, but again I'm old school.

Semenole, the Wolfs can "become a fixture" in the NEW Southwest Conference, once OU goes to the SEC and starts the dominoes falling

thebignasty

I think Ark St should hold out for an SEC offer once the 16 team super conference becomes the norm here in a few yearseconds. Even better geographic fit than UA.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: thebignasty on July 24, 2016, 10:04:30 am
I think Ark St should hold out for an SEC offer once the 16 team super conference becomes the norm here in a few yearseconds. Even better geographic fit than UA.

Their hope is that the next round of realignment will open the door to  the American Athletic Conference, or result in membership in a new G5 including regional teams like Southern Mississippi, SMU, Rice, La Tech, Tulane, ULL, etc.

The good thing for them is their program is now considered as one of the better G5 program.

HogCzar1

Quote from: thebignasty on July 24, 2016, 10:04:30 am

That is indeed the ultimate goal of the power brokers inside the ASU program.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: HogCzar1 on July 24, 2016, 12:49:51 pm

Big 12 offer is coming! I can feel it!

BPsTheMan

Gorilla warfare! I don't care!

As athletics director, Mojitos should back door his way into the Big 12 offices and make his case AGAINST La Tech and some others. Send those damn dominoes in another direction and they eventually come back to HELP asAte

Mojitos has the flavor to get this done. Have them eating out of the palm of his hand. Feed this situation Mojitos! Feed it!

JIMMY BOARFFETT

July 24, 2016, 01:37:11 pm #20 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:11:48 am by Seminole Indian
In my opinion it's a fact, done deal, mark it down.   My only question is who would be a second pick to bring that conference up to 12 as their name indicates?  I'm not getting a lot of real clear information right now but one of the early contenders seems to be UA Pine Bluff.  That makes sense.  What are y'all hearin?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Boardon Hamsay

Given the other school options in terms of history, geography, and future upside, stAte could make a strong case. Not sure if it will go down but it would be a smart move for the Big12.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

The only sticking point I can see that might be a deal breaker is if the Big12 requires ASU to move their campus to either Texas or Oklahoma.  Otherwise I see no down side for stAte.

BPsTheMan

done deal I think also

12 North

West Virginia
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
BYU

12 South

Texas
Texas Tech
TCU
Baylor
Houston
Memphis
Arkansas State

BPsTheMan

another day closer to the big time

BPsTheMan

like I said, another day closer to the big time

Seminole Indian

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on July 24, 2016, 01:44:33 pm
The only sticking point I can see that might be a deal breaker is if the Big12 requires ASU to move their campus to either Texas or Oklahoma.  Otherwise I see no down side for stAte.
They apparently are ready, willing, and able to "plant" a school anywhere.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 25, 2016, 09:13:52 pm
another day closer to the big time
I was rather hoping the Razorbacks would shock the world, and go dominate that cupcake league.

Many old timers went to their grave dreaming of the day the Razorbacks could kick the Longhorns butt on a regular basis, and now that it has finally happened it seems almost a shame for those old geezers still hanging on that they don't  go back and do it. A darn shame in fact.

If not maybe UCA will make the jump.

BPsTheMan

Jackrabbit Hog

PonderinHog

Literally tens of people are going to be extremely pissed if this doesn't happen, Jimmy.  Seriously, you'll have to take off your shoe (singular) to count them.  But in the spirit of the thread...

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Seminole Indian

Hopefully it is Arkansas not Arkansas State. Makes since, jump to the SEC, build your program, wait to they get their act together, come back and kick butt, and be in the national Championship hunt every year.

PonderinHog

BPsTheMan

This goes to show, NEVER STOP BELIEVING!!!!

NEVER STOP BEILEMING!!!!!!

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING!!!!!!!!!

RED WOLVE RAISIN!!!!!!!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 19, 2016, 07:38:52 am
Think it is pretty obvious they, UCA, and UAPB don't run scared, of anyone.

so you think UCA might do the anthracite instead?

BPsTheMan

Jackrabbit Hog

Word is that if Purdue doesn't get its act together this year, Delaney will exercise his executive power and expel the Boilermakers from the conference. 

Kirk Herbstreit was in Jonesboro last week making preliminary contact with all the big hitters, movers and shakers.  Everybody knows he's a B1G Ten lackey, and it was his private plane that was at the airport.  I know 'cause I tracked the tail numbers.

Personally, I think it would be a better fit than the Big 12.

BPsTheMan

Purdue does suck, no doubt

wow, not sure I can believe all this

Herb was here??  ???

NICE!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on July 30, 2016, 02:59:04 pm
Purdue does suck, no doubt

wow, not sure I can believe all this

Herb was here??  ???

NICE!

He was here and he didn't have his ESPN blazer on.  In fact, in an attempt to blend in with the locals and not draw any attention to himself, he was shirtless, had on a bald wig and fake sideburns.  But it was him; no doubt.  My source was able to get close enough to snap a picture of him across from the courthouse.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 30, 2016, 03:06:48 pm
He was here and he didn't have his ESPN blazer on.  In fact, in an attempt to blend in with the locals and not draw any attention to himself, he was shirtless, had on a bald wig and fake sideburns.  But it was him; no doubt.  My source was able to get close enough to snap a picture of him across from the courthouse.

Definitely Herbstreit. I bet that's Corso disguised as the food cart.

BPsTheMan

thanks for the inside info man

Seminole Indian

I though it was to play the Razorbacks. Man they have lowered the bar.

Seminole Indian

I'm so worried that you guys are setting yourself up for a big let down. 

Wait you guys are not Razorback fans talking about the upcoming season.......carry on there IS HOPE( just kidding there is hope this season for the Razorbacks. I'm a believer, just don't as me to put real money down on the belief in SEC play).

HogCzar1

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 30, 2016, 06:36:18 pm
I though it was to play the Razorbacks. Man they have lowered the bar.

Playing the Razorbacks is the ultimate goal. Becoming part of the SEC is how they can guarantee it. They want Arkansas to become a mirror image of Mississippi with Ole Miss and MSU. And, no, they haven't lowered the bar.

There are some ASU supporters that do believe that the only reason that ASU isn't already at that level is Frank Broyles. And that isn't an exaggeration.