Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preview of the New Orleans Bowl this Saturday.

Started by DeltaBoy, December 15, 2015, 10:43:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Thanks, 

The Governor has a nice video about the bowl game, and he actually does like the Red Wolves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pd6J7ZcMLM&feature=youtu.be
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

December 19, 2015, 07:53:18 am #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:22:21 am by Seminole Indian
A-State fans were speculating what life would be like without a Governor that loved Red Wolf football when Beebe-who could discuss in detail walk-on players- left office.

It became very evident early on when Asa took office that they were going to have to wait to find out. He is not very good at suppressing his enthusiasm for them either. 
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hawginbigd1

ricepig

Seminole Indian

A-State fans thought they might keep him another year, or two.

IMO taking a P5 coordinator position at 31 is a better move than becoming the youngest HC in FBS at ULM, but he has his work cut out for him there.

Having coaches moving on to high paying P5 jobs is still a good thing for a G5. 

Here is link to an article by Bruse Feldman on Fox sports about him taking the position:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/arkansas-state-walt-bell-maryland-terrapins-red-wolves-dj-durkin-offensive-coordinator-121915

spiritof92

Thank goodness Humes made that shoestring tackle.