Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA vs Montana

Started by BartlettTNHOG, November 30, 2011, 12:48:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Seaton

Camara has turned out to be a good kicker, had it not been of Hocker, it would have been a major upgrade at the position, and Nathan Dick is having an outstanding season. Both were all-conference.

Several Arkansas prepsters had great seasons on defense Seth Allison (Stuttgart) at linebacker, and Jestin Love (West Memphis) at safety are ones to keep an eye one. WR/Returner Jesse Grandy (Dollarway via Ole Miss), Isaiah Jackson (Conway) at WR and RB Jackie Hinton, all-conference despite missing several games with an injury.

Just same names to throw out there. There are fun to watch.

BartlettTNHOG

Hey fellow hog fans, thanks for all of the positive responses` to this post. Just goes to show that MOST of us true Hog fans understand how important it is for our FCS brothers at UCA to succeed on the national level.

I think I recall seeing a post that said Direct TV would carry the game saturday on channel 790, is that correct.

I suppose that will be ESPN Gameplan. Can anyone verify?

grizpsych

Quote from: rzrbkman on November 30, 2011, 08:35:08 pm
Not in the stadium. Official capacity is 25,217 and the stadium is enclosed.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: kj0N on November 30, 2011, 03:31:00 pm
Isnt montana an epic powerhouse team of fcs?  If im not mistaken they were offered to join the fbs before this season an declined.. Sounds like a tough game for the bears..
The WAC invited them and they said "no thanks".

Kicking Wing

Quote from: rzrbkman on November 30, 2011, 08:35:08 pm
Not in the stadium. Official capacity is 25,217 and the stadium is enclosed.
No offense to UCA folks but UCA announces 12K+ all the time when the stadium holds 8500 tops.  Nobody reports actual attendance but it's kind of crazy.

1highhog

I'm all for UCA winning this game and advancing.  Every UCA Student and Alum I've ever ran into is a Razorback fan, so I try and show support for UCA when I can.  UCA is always a good place for players that quite didn't pan out on the hill to make it and make it big.

Khallos

I bet they had close to 30k at this Stones concert:

ucahogfan

Quote from: 1highhog on December 02, 2011, 04:02:36 pm
I'm all for UCA winning this game and advancing.  Every UCA Student and Alum I've ever ran into is a Razorback fan, so I try and show support for UCA when I can.  UCA is always a good place for players that quite didn't pan out on the hill to make it and make it big.
I agree with this.  I go to UCA and regularly wear Razorback gear.  You will find more people wearing Hog stuff rather than UCA stuff and we talk about how the Hogs did Saturday instead of UCA.

yraciv

I don't see why some of you  have such ill feelings toward UCA. They don't battle us for recruits, UCA fans usually like the Hogs, unlike Redwolves, and run a good clean program. I don't consider myself a UCA fan, but I'll root for the in state team and tune in if their in the national spotlight. Do you guys not ever watch high scholl ball or any lower level of football? I've never been to a UCA football game, but football is football, and I'll tune in. Not to mention I like to root for those in state high school superstars that just weren't good enough to make it to the U of A.

IronHog

Quote from: yraciv on December 02, 2011, 06:37:57 pm
Do you guys not ever watch high scholl ball or any lower level of football? I've never been to a UCA football game, but football is football, and I'll tune in. Not to mention I like to root for those in state high school superstars that just weren't good enough to make it to the U of A.

UCA plays a pretty good brand of ball........they normally have plenty of A-State level players and a few high D1 types too.

Nathan Dick would have started for most teams in the SEC this year.......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

secfan30

Quote from: 1highhog on December 02, 2011, 04:02:36 pm

This is what I was going to say. I moved to Conway 8 years ago from Little Rock and every UCA "person" (Player, ex Player and Student) loves the Hogs. They are a lot better than those snobby for no reason ASU fans.

TNRazorbacker

Isn't Montana Petrino's Alma mater?

yraciv

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on December 02, 2011, 08:17:15 pm
Isn't Montana Petrino's Alma mater?

Nice try, Carroll College in Montana

BartlettTNHOG

ESPN Gameplan/Direct TV channel 790 at 1 p.m.

pharm

Quote from: booogaga on November 30, 2011, 01:54:29 pm
Yay! UCA Bears! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

fart noise.... pacepalm..... snore
You need some new material, I'm tired of seeing your farts..

dacskc

For anyone (like me) whose ISP refuses to carry ESPN3 and doesn't wanna pay $25:

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/webmaster/P2PStreams/95913/1/watch-fcs-playoffs:-rd-2:-central-ark.-vs-montana.html

This is the only thing I've found so far, hope it works!!

sigpooie

Guys this is going to be a good game dvr if you can't watch it. UofM is tough, 3rd winningest program in college football over past 10 years. UCA can give them a great game thanks to speed. And the town is one of my favorite places on earth.. great fans, people and places to go. It's a hard place not to love.. And if you keep up with Uof M football it's a hard team not to love. So GO Bears and Go Grizzles. The Uof M fans are just a great as we are with the hogs.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

alaskanstorm

is cox carring the game and if so what channel?

dacskc

UCA shooting themselves in the foot. Fumbled punt, fumbled snap deep in their own territory leading to a Montana TD. Just now Dick threw a pick at about the 10, ending a nice drive.  Montana 10-0.

yraciv

Quote from: dacskc on December 03, 2011, 01:38:17 pm
UCA shooting themselves in the foot. Fumbled punt, fumbled snap deep in their own territory leading to a Montana TD. Just now Dick threw a pick at about the 10, ending a nice drive.  Montana 10-0.

Make that 17. You think Nathan Dick and Jesse Grandy are big time FCS transfers. Antown Moutra was a 4 star who originally signed with UCLA and Kavarus Middleton, TE who just made play, was a national top 100 recruit  out of high school.  Not to mention they have Nate Montana at backup QB.

JRHoward

Go Bears!   :razorback:
Woooo Pig!

Break & Run

Whew...the Bears have some work cut out for them...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hawgphish

31-0 montana at half.  ouch.

MaconBacon

Wow. Im finding this to be a little shocking. I dont follow any of the smaller schools here in the state very closely, but I will always pull for them to beat an out of state school. Shame on some of you!

Seminole Indian

Should this not be exiled to General Sports along with the ASU thread.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

beantownhog

Quote from: MaconBacon on December 03, 2011, 03:08:25 pm
Wow. Im finding this to be a little shocking. I dont follow any of the smaller schools here in the state very closely, but I will always pull for them to beat an out of state school. Shame on some of you!

Ditto!
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: yraciv on December 03, 2011, 01:47:27 pm
Make that 17. You think Nathan Dick and Jesse Grandy are big time FCS transfers. Antown Moutra was a 4 star who originally signed with UCLA and Kavarus Middleton, TE who just made play, was a national top 100 recruit  out of high school.  Not to mention they have Nate Montana at backup QB.

LOL  So Montana plays for Montana - does it say Montana on both sides of his jersey?  How cold is it there?

MontanaBack

I just moved back to Arkansas from Missoula after being there 6 years.  It's freakin cold there this time of the year!!!

gostAte

Quote from: IronHog on December 02, 2011, 07:02:22 pm
UCA plays a pretty good brand of ball........they normally have plenty of A-State level players and a few high D1 types too.

Nathan Dick would have started for most teams in the SEC this year.......

Yeah lots of A-State caliber players. Thats why they were beaten by ASU by 40 something points earlier this year and haven't beaten stAte in over 70 years. Other than that . . . very similar.

IronHog

Quote from: gostAte on December 03, 2011, 08:42:20 pm
Yeah lots of A-State caliber players. Thats why they were beaten by ASU by 40 something points earlier this year and haven't beaten stAte in over 70 years. Other than that . . . very similar.

UCA's OL stomped A-State so hard in the mid 90's that A-State ended the series for a while.........

gostAte

Quote from: IronHog on December 03, 2011, 08:45:44 pm
UCA's OL stomped A-State so hard in the mid 90's that A-State ended the series for a while.........

Yeah, what'd their OL get for that? Oh yeah they still lost.

IronHog

Quote from: gostAte on December 03, 2011, 08:52:00 pm
Yeah, what'd their OL get for that? Oh yeah they still lost.

A-state should hire Nutt------Moral Victory NC fo sure.

nwahog86

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 03, 2011, 07:21:41 pm
Should this not be exiled to General Sports along with the ASU thread.

Yes, it should.

hogfan14

Quote from: gostAte on December 03, 2011, 08:42:20 pm

Nathan dick didnt play in that game fwiw...still a sun belt champion will usually beat a #2 in conference FCS team

gostAte

Quote from: IronHog on December 03, 2011, 08:54:42 pm
A-state should hire Nutt------Moral Victory NC fo sure.

Yeah . . uh no!

IronHog

Quote from: hogfan14 on December 03, 2011, 08:56:21 pm
Nathan dick didnt play in that game fwiw...still a sun belt champion will usually beat a #2 in conference FCS team

Well they should win every time........a FCS team doesn't have the scholarships a D1 team does.....

Still a good FCS team will have plenty of starters that can start on mid or lower level D1 teams.........often even have an NFL'er.

Wild Bill Hog

I think asu and uca should play every year at wms.  They could give the profits to charity.

IronHog

Quote from: nwahog86 on December 03, 2011, 08:55:35 pm
Yes, it should.

There are plenty of RRS smells good and Black Jersey threads for the NWA crowd.

gostAte

Quote from: hogfan14 on December 03, 2011, 08:56:21 pm

Okay, and any other sun belt team.

Oh, and does dick play D? Cause it was pretty weak.

Wild Bill Hog

Looks like Montana would go undefeated in the Sun Belt.

gostAte

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 03, 2011, 09:06:01 pm
Looks like Montana would go undefeated in the Sun Belt.

Pretty sure they're not a member. But thanks for you prognostication.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: booogaga on November 30, 2011, 01:54:29 pm
Yay! UCA Bears! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

fart noise.... pacepalm..... snore

if you cant SPELL facepalm, you're not allowed to TRY to spell facepalm.
crude and not funny, turned into crude not funny and ignorant there.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: gostAte on December 03, 2011, 09:11:12 pm
Pretty sure they're not a member. But thanks for you prognostication.

Just using comparative scores against a common opponent.  Not that difficult actually, but thanks for you recognition of a job well done.

gostAte

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 03, 2011, 10:32:45 pm
Just using comparative scores against a common opponent.  Not that difficult actually, but thanks for you recognition of a job well done.

It was more sarcasm then anything, sir. Comparing scores is useless, e.g. Troy.

booogaga

Was this game ever played?
GO HOGS!

Nosboar Accubond

December 04, 2011, 03:07:57 pm #95 Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:09:30 pm by Sportking2169
Quote from: booogaga on December 04, 2011, 10:15:56 am
Was this game ever played?
It was close up until kick off... Montana drummed them 41 - 14... UCA was over matched but also made some dumb mistakes which made it worse

Hard to win when you give the ball up 4 times to a team that is already more talented