Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA vs Montana

Started by BartlettTNHOG, November 30, 2011, 12:48:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BartlettTNHOG

UCA travels to Montana to take on the Grizzlies in round 2 of the FCS playoffs this saturday. Hog fans please root them on. :razorback:

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: BartlettTNHOG on November 30, 2011, 12:48:44 pm
UCA travels to Montana to take on the Grizzlies in round 2 of the FCS playoffs this saturday. Hog fans please root them on. :razorback:

I attended last week's game against TN Tech and the 34-14 score was very misleading.  UCA dominated and if they continue to play that well, could win again this weekend.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

josh_sec33

Montana's a good team. This will be a tough game.

be nice if they progress.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

ezbhog

You can watch the game on ESPN 3 Saturday at 1pm cst

spe450

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on November 30, 2011, 12:55:44 pm
I attended last week's game against TN Tech and the 34-14 score was very misleading.  UCA dominated and if they continue to play that well, could win again this weekend.

UCA has played very well, even against FBS teams.  I'm impressed with the ability of the defense to properly maintain their assignments.  The linebackers have done a great job.

ThunderHog

Good luck to the Bears.  They have had a very good season.

booogaga

Yay! UCA Bears! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

fart noise.... pacepalm..... snore
GO HOGS!

cosmodrum

Quote from: booogaga on November 30, 2011, 01:54:29 pm
Yay! UCA Bears! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

fart noise.... pacepalm..... snore

Post a picture of your wiener so I can post a picture of my foot coming towards it.
Go away, batin'

nwarazfan

UCA will not have played in an FCS stadium like they will this weekend.  Very cool place for that level of football. 

1highhog

I'll be watching it if possible.  I'm for any Arkansas team when facing an out of state team, Go Bears!

By the way, was the team that UCA beat this past Saturday the same team that ASU beat a couple of Saturdays ago?

sigpooie

Having a daughter that went to school there and a son-in-law from there, I would say they will beat us. That part of the world loves their team like we do. The staduim is rockin like little rock at game time. Uca is going to get a taste of playing the hogslite. My ex went to uca, I might have to pull for the school that got the most money from me..I will let you know when I figure out which one did.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

booogaga

Why are we talking about a insignificant FBS team from a dry county when this is a board for the Hogs.
GO HOGS!

booogaga

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 30, 2011, 01:55:42 pm
Post a picture of your wiener so I can post a picture of my foot coming towards it.
this just made me lol
GO HOGS!

Sterling

Hog fans please root them on. :razorback:
For what? Will it help protect Nath Dick from the pass rush of Montana?

Silly request.

ur

man, if hootie would have lasted one more year. UCA could have kicked that azz with the way they were playing. That would have been nice.

booogaga

I think all 5 of you UCA fans here should go to the game this weekend and double the attendance.
GO HOGS!

Piggage

November 30, 2011, 02:39:36 pm #18 Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:42:00 pm by Piggage
Quote from: 1highhog on November 30, 2011, 02:00:44 pm
By the way, was the team that UCA beat this past Saturday the same team that ASU beat a couple of Saturdays ago?

Tennessee Tech? I don't think any school abbreviated ASU has played them this year.

cosmodrum

Quote from: booogaga on November 30, 2011, 02:17:06 pm
Why are we talking about a insignificant FBS team from a dry county when this is a board for the Hogs.

Well, I could come up with an eloquent paragraph or two, but I'm think, um, I'll ju...

Ur mom.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Sterling on November 30, 2011, 02:18:35 pm
For what? Will it help protect Nath Dick from the pass rush of Montana?

Silly request.

He's just asking for a little mojo, Sterling.

Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

booogaga

Do people really go to those games that are not related to the players?
GO HOGS!

cosmodrum

Quote from: booogaga on November 30, 2011, 02:42:01 pm
Do people really go to those games that are not related to the players?

Alumni, Students, parents, local fans, etc. You know, like UA, only smaller.

Also, you can actually tailgate now, with all the booze, dooshbaggery, pomp and circumstance that goes along with it. So that helps.
Go away, batin'

GolfnHog

Gotta think the Grizzlies win this one at home. The temps are going to be in the mid-teens to low 20's @ kickoff. I'm not thinking the boys from the south are gonna be able to sustain in that environment.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do but.....
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

cosmodrum

Quote from: TxRzrbak on November 30, 2011, 02:50:52 pm
Gotta think the Grizzlies win this one at home. The temps are going to be in the mid-teens to low 20's @ kickoff. I'm not thinking the boys from the south are gonna be able to sustain in that environment.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do but.....

I thought I heard the forecast was a balmy 28 degrees.

But yeah, The Bears will have their hands full. Montana just beat the #1 team on the road.
Go away, batin'

ur

November 30, 2011, 03:14:06 pm #26 Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:15:51 pm by ur
Quote from: cosmodrum on November 30, 2011, 02:54:13 pm
I thought I heard the forecast was a balmy 28 degrees.

But yeah, The Bears will have their hands full. Montana just beat the #1 team on the road.
That wind blowing through Hellgate Canyon will be brutal. Never been there but watched the App. State game on tv where it went from cold to an icebox in no time at all.

1highhog

Quote from: Piggage on November 30, 2011, 02:39:36 pm
Tennessee Tech? I don't think any school abbreviated ASU has played them this year.

I was thinking of Middle Tennessee State, never mind.

Silver Hog

trashcan maN

Isnt montana an epic powerhouse team of fcs?  If im not mistaken they were offered to join the fbs before this season an declined.. Sounds like a tough game for the bears..

LRHawg

popcornhog

Quote from: booogaga on November 30, 2011, 02:26:52 pm
I think all 5 of you UCA fans here should go to the game this weekend and double the attendance.

Let me preface this by saying that I don't particularly care about UCa football either way. But why the UCA hate. I say good for them.
WPS

scorekeeper

Quote from: ur on November 30, 2011, 03:14:06 pm
That wind blowing through Hellgate Canyon will be brutal. Never been there but watched the App. State game on tv where it went from cold to an icebox in no time at all.

I got cold just watching that!
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

guesstimator

UCA is a decent team in thier division.  I live in Conway and have for 30+ years so I hope they win out.  I took my son to a game there last year and it was pretty fun.  Alot less crowded than a Hog game that's for sure.

As long as another team in Arkansas is not a rival of UofA, I see no reason not to cheer them on or root for them.  If/When an in-state rivalry ever happens with the Hogs, things may be different.  For now, Go Bears!
Quote from: 12247 on December 05, 2007, 04:56:05 pm
If Conque can coach , he can coach.  So he wears his cap backwards.  Nutt run the entire program backwards and he made it 10 years.

oldbear

Quote from: kj0N on November 30, 2011, 03:31:00 pm
Isnt montana an epic powerhouse team of fcs?  If im not mistaken they were offered to join the fbs before this season an declined.. Sounds like a tough game for the bears..

My understanding is that this Montana team is very good for this level.  They have won seven in a row and only one of those was not a blowout.  Hopefully the Bears can keep playing well in the frigid north.

OptimusHog

Conway? Eh, go da bears.

WashUhog6

Quote from: nwarazfan on November 30, 2011, 01:56:36 pm
UCA will not have played in an FCS stadium like they will this weekend.  Very cool place for that level of football.
They're trying to get ready for it too, they've been blaring crowd noise in the stadium during practice this week.

LRHawg

Quote from: UCAhog6 on November 30, 2011, 03:47:28 pm
They're trying to get ready for it too, they've been blaring crowd noise in the stadium during practice this week.

They might want to hold practice at 4am when it's below freezing to simulate freezing your balls off as well.

osumed14

There will be over 30,000 people at this game.  Good for UCA!!

Nosboar Accubond

RivercrestHog

Quote from: Sportking2169 on November 30, 2011, 08:19:14 pm
score update?

0-0 at the moment. It's been an epic defensive struggle. Announcers are even being bold enough to predict that there won't be any points scored until Saturday, at the earliest. It's incredible.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: rzrbkman on November 30, 2011, 08:36:21 pm
Thanks! Update us as the week goes along.

Anything to help those in need.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: RivercrestHog on November 30, 2011, 08:31:30 pm
0-0 at the moment. It's been an epic defensive struggle. Announcers are even being bold enough to predict that there won't be any points scored until Saturday, at the earliest. It's incredible.
that's what I figured, should have taken UCA and the points...

DEVIL DOG HOG

Direct TV Game Plan Channel 790.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

hog.goblin

I have no ties to UCA and a good friend/family member from Montana.  Go Griz!

booogaga

I will be watching an actual razorback this game at 2.
GO HOGS!

TheShow

Was gonna head to Cookeville last Saturday but set my alarm wrong, kept getting texts from a lot of people from TN Tech that were saying how UCA was absolutely destorying them.  Hope the Bears can keep Rollin!

Iwastherein1969

Justin Acri, is that you  ?

ad: I'd rather take a dump in the woods, slip back and fall in it than listen to or watch a UCA Bear athletic event.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Philip Seaton

Some people root for OTHER Arkansas teams, and many a Razorback fans either graduated from UCA or attend UCA. If you don't like it, don't read or respond in this thread. This thread is NO different than some countless others on this board, like Mike Leach to Washington State has any bearing on the Hogs? So good luck to the Bears and hopefully they keep winning!

A Hogwork Orange

For anyone that watches UCA, how are the Hogs players that transferred there doing?

Also, who are the star players so I know who to watch for when they play?