Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Brady to Arkansas State, confirmed

Started by chiefsfan, March 18, 2008, 01:20:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Justifiable Hogicide

bigyellowdog

Brady is an upgrade over TCTWF's brother.

The_Bionic_Pig

Make no mistake John Brady is one hell of a recruitor and he is very,very,very close to Memphis.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DizzyHawgFan

Quote from: Blue35 on March 18, 2008, 09:53:54 pm

This reminds me of the Ray Perkins hire.

That was my thought about the Nolan situation.

Hogs4Ever

Step up for ASU, a plummeting cliff drop for Brady.

toozakpig

I think it is a good hire. This hire puts more pressure on memphis. There could have been unrealisitic pressure at LSU because of the success of the football program. Atleast we waited until after the season to get rid of heath. That also tells me alot. Good hire hopefully he is there for awhile.

jamie72921

Those of you who think Brady was a good recruiter and coach are out of your $%@#@ minds!

His 5 starters on his ONE final four team all went to highschool within 30 miles of the LSU campus! A recruiter would have won the National championship 2 years straight with that kind of recruiting base.

LSU is a sleeping giant and took a giant step toward becoming a power in basketball by ridding themselves of that bum Brady.
Bless your heart

NaturalStateReb

I think it's a great hire for A-State.

Brady took a probation-wracked mess at LSU and made it a winner.  That team from Hoosiers had more scholarship players on it than LSU did in Brady's first season.

LSU's close to New Orleans, but if you've ever been to the Pete Marivich Assembly Center, it's like a compost heap under a dome tent.  Compared to even modest basketball facilities in the Southeast, it's just not a good facility.  It's like a big Tad Pad, which is also a pretty bad facility.

Brady's a lot better hire than either Richardson or Dickey.  Still, it says a lot for ASU's potential that some coaches with some historical success were interested in the job.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

prairiehogcompanion

Albert Einswine

Good to see ASWho getting LSWho's sloppy seconds.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Sivad

Even a fired and failed SEC coach is certainly an improvement over what they had..........a member of the infamous Nutt clan.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: MuleriderFan on March 18, 2008, 09:06:32 pm
I still think John Brady looks like Otis from Andy Griffith.

He reminds me of Frazier Crane (aka Kelsey Grammar) from Cheers.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

JawsTheme

Wow ASU pulled one great hire.

Brady had no luck getting LSew to put money in its program, and the injuries slammed them this year haaard.

Brady is a good coach. Typical hick fans here hating him cause of LSU.