Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surprised no one has mentioned....

Started by Kenny Hawgins, March 27, 2015, 09:22:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Hawgins

http://singlestack9.com/

Personally, I wouldn't mind having one eventually but I'm not willing to pay 20% more to get one for the first year or so of production.  I'll let someone else figure out all the bugs that need to be corrected.   ;)
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

FaytownHog

Kenny Hawgins

Yep.  I love glocks but if I decide to buy a thin 9mm, there's no point in overpaying for one when I could get an LC9s or M&P shield for 20-30% less immediately.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DeltaBoy

If I want a thin 9mm I will get a Hi-power.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

theFlyingHog

arkmark

Before you put out your hard earned money see if you can't go to a range where you can shoot and compare.  Give a look at the Walther PPS in 9mm.  A well manufactured, accurate 9 with a great trigger.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: arkmark on April 02, 2015, 11:14:02 pm
Before you put out your hard earned money see if you can't go to a range where you can shoot and compare.  Give a look at the Walther PPS in 9mm.  A well manufactured, accurate 9 with a great trigger.
How is the grip on the PPS?  The reason I ask is I have big hands and get bad slide bite so the beavertail that comes on gen4 glocks makes a big difference for me.  Even on the m&p shield and the springfield xd-s, which both have a decent beavertail for most folks, my hand gets absolutely torn up.

arkmark

I don't have small hands but I also wouldn't call them Large either.  There is a decent beaver tail I haven't experienced any issues.  Walther also come with a backstrap feature on the rear of the grip which permits adjustments to the overall size of the grip in small, medium and large sizes.  The larger size may be helpful in keeping the web of the hand out of the way of the slides action.

95_alum

Approx. 461 rounds through my Kahr CM9 & it's been flawless with everything I feed it. The price tag is $255 less than that of the G43 & it's smaller. I still have the option to go 7+1 or 8+1. I  imagine the perceived recoil will be less with the G34 vs the CM9. The demand for the G43 will be high. I wonder if G42's will begin finding their way to LGS & pawn shops.
No love for the M&P Shield w/o the manual safety?

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: arkmark on April 05, 2015, 12:13:31 am
I don't have small hands but I also wouldn't call them Large either.  There is a decent beaver tail I haven't experienced any issues.  Walther also come with a backstrap feature on the rear of the grip which permits adjustments to the overall size of the grip in small, medium and large sizes.  The larger size may be helpful in keeping the web of the hand out of the way of the slides action.
I'll look into it.  I have have pretty good sized hands but I also get a very high grip.  My proximal knuckle on my thumb is scarred to heck from shooting.

DOGALUM

Quote from: 95_alum on April 05, 2015, 12:49:48 pm
Approx. 461 rounds through my Kahr CM9 & it's been flawless with everything I feed it. The price tag is $255 less than that of the G43 & it's smaller. I still have the option to go 7+1 or 8+1. I  imagine the perceived recoil will be less with the G34 vs the CM9. The demand for the G43 will be high. I wonder if G42's will begin finding their way to LGS & pawn shops.
No love for the M&P Shield w/o the manual safety?
My wife carries a Shield.  I like the gun.....but the grip angle is different than most of my other handguns.  A quick point and I am WAY high with the Shield.   Wouldn't matter at close range.....but it's still in my mind. 

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: DOGALUM on April 07, 2015, 11:16:15 am
My wife carries a Shield.  I like the gun.....but the grip angle is different than most of my other handguns.  A quick point and I am WAY high with the Shield.   Wouldn't matter at close range.....but it's still in my mind. 
IMO, it's just harder to get the grip perfect with an intended CC pistol.  In fact, I think the only gun I've ever shot that pointed naturally for me is a Hi-Power.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 07, 2015, 05:27:25 pm
IMO, it's just harder to get the grip perfect with an intended CC pistol.  In fact, I think the only gun I've ever shot that pointed naturally for me is a Hi-Power.
You're not the first person I've heard say that.   

For me, it's just about familiarity with the pistol almost all the time.  I'm fine with the Shield at the range.  It's just the fact that I have to think about it that keeps me from carrying one.  Just pointing naturally, I've got the front inch of the slide peeking up over my rear sight in my sight picture.  Way high.  (this is not a knock on the Shield.....I think it's a great little gun.  Just different for me)

95_alum

LOL. Got an email this afternoon alerting me that the G43 was instock. I clicked on the link and got this:

95_alum

Question - The picture from the OP shows an Austrian made G43. I'm only seeing US made G43's online. Which is it, Austrian, US or both?

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Looking for a slim conceal 9mm.   Anyone familiar with the Taurus PT709?

"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10