Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squirrel Hunting Fall 2014

Started by DeltaBoy, September 22, 2014, 02:11:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

How is it looking Dad said it going to be good in Monroe County.  :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

DeltaBoy

Dad killed a limit every time he been out this Fall.

root_hawg

Bayou meta loaded up: camped a week toke limit everyday, me, dad, uncle and two others

DeltaHog82

Plenty of squirrels and a huge acorn crop over here on crowleys ridge. Limit everytime we go

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Monroe County  Dad says he still wearing them out.

RazorWild

Columbia county is loaded as usual.  My family is one of very few I know who still hunt tree rats.   Still one of my favorite things to do

DeltaBoy

Dad likes that he doesn't have to go far to find them and get a mess for supper.  Momma said she got 25 1 gallon vacuum bags of Squirrels in the freezer.

root_hawg

Its sad I grew up hunting the things, made me the shot I am.  Dad and Uncle used to carry 22s and we would take the dog and they would shoot the squirrel's tail to get it running so I had to shoot them

DeltaBoy

I miss getting to Hunt all the time like I did growing up in Monroe County and till I moved to Texas in 1993.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

alwaysnextyear

root_hawg

Duck and deer are in so haven't been

Rockpig5

Back woods of Washington County is great.  Was hoping someone could share a great Squirrel recipe.  Fry, or smoke them?

JaketheSnake

Outdoor Tech in Hiwasse is having a Squirrel Hunting tourney January 17. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rockpig5 on December 18, 2014, 04:44:01 pm
Back woods of Washington County is great.  Was hoping someone could share a great Squirrel recipe.  Fry, or smoke them?

FRY

Clean and Quarter it up,  soak over night in a salt water bath,  2 hours before cooking remove pat dry and soak in Butter Milk until it time to cook them. Remove shake roll in seasoned flour and place into a hot skillet and pan fry like Chicken.

root_hawg

Agree with delta but I drop them in a deep fryer

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 31, 2014, 01:17:38 pm
Hows the dog doing wayne?

She works great for a 5 month old.  Got to break her of looking for them as opposed to smelling them.  It will come along.  One hits the ground after a shot, she brings it to ya. 
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Rockpig5 on December 18, 2014, 04:44:01 pm

Squirrel and dumplings was a favorite of me and my dads.  Brings back good memories.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Wayne Watson on December 31, 2014, 03:18:10 pm
She works great for a 5 month old.  Got to break her of looking for them as opposed to smelling them.  It will come along.  One hits the ground after a shot, she brings it to ya. 

That it great Wayne.

Quote from: RazorbackRon on December 31, 2014, 07:24:37 pm
Squirrel and dumplings was a favorite of me and my dads.  Brings back good memories.

Mom uses those old Black nut sacked Squirrels for that recipe !

DeltaBoy

DAD still killing 12-30 a week and giving them to the Older folks and Widows at Church.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

It is late winter time and time to hunt some tasty Tree Rats.

DeltaBoy

Well I hope everyone had a good season  I know Dad did over there in Monroe County

theFlyingHog

I hunted three days and kilt three squirrels. Last one was a 90yd head shot with my trusty .22lr so I feel good about the season

DeltaBoy