Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

there is now a 7-WAY TIE for 4th place in the sec. 7 teams are 7-7! hogs MUST keep winning

Started by exit19, February 22, 2014, 09:02:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

exit19

Missouri
Arkansas
LSU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

are all 7-7 with 4 league games to go!  lets go hogs!

have there ever been this sort of cluster of teams sort of around the bubble from the sec so late in the season?

The_Iceman

Enjoy it now. Because as big of a fan of this team as I am, I know we are probably going to be 7-8 after the next game. But, still a chance to finish strong!

Danny J

The SEC has the most parity I have seen in a long long time. Talk about a league beating up on each other. When this far into the conference schedule and 10 of the 14 teams are .500 or better is pretty amazing. The SEC deserves more respect.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 22, 2014, 09:11:47 pm
Enjoy it now. Because as big of a fan of this team as I am, I know we are probably going to be 7-8 after the next game. But, still a chance to finish strong!
Indeed, I like that we can win our final 3 games, but I hate that we'll dip below 4th for a week or so, likely. 

Here are the mid week games next week:
UF at Vandy: That's good news for us. Vandy could win but UF will be a big favorite.

Mizzou at UGA: I'm feeling like we should pull for UGA but if Mizzou wins, there's still a good shot UGA finishes below 4th in the league.

Bama at Ole Miss: Would be nice if Bama stole one here but not likely.

UT at Miss St. : Is it possible Borchert goes for 50 and Miss St. helps us? Lol

aTm at LSU: LSU will win

USC-E at Auburn: No SecT implications, just feel sorry for the 12 people in attendance.

Adam Stokes

The annoying thing is that had the conference collectively won maybe 7 more OOC games, we would likely have 5-6 teams on the right side of the bubble instead of 2.  There aren't many SEC teams off the top of my head that I think will be worse off next year, but then again I seem to say that every year.

PORKULATOR

Must win 3-4... 2-4 will get like 6th place or maybe 7th. 1-4 and we'd better win the SEC tourney.

PaPS
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on February 22, 2014, 09:17:35 pm
The SEC has the most parity I have seen in a long long time. Talk about a league beating up on each other. When this far into the conference schedule and 10 of the 14 teams are .500 or better is pretty amazing. The SEC deserves more respect.

It's a bunch of mediocre teams beating up each other.  That's why the one team that's better than good is cruising along at 14-0
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

MushroomCloudHog

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: lowberh on February 23, 2014, 01:03:24 am
It's a bunch of mediocre teams beating up each other.  That's why the one team that's better than good is cruising along at 14-0
They are 14-0 but I wouldn't exactly say cruising. They've had lots of close calls including Alandise Harris bricking a FT that would've beat them early in conference. I believe it was this week when Auburn gave them a big scare in Gainesville.

Nipsey Mussle

High Octane Hog

Quote from: MushroomCloudHog on February 23, 2014, 01:10:40 am
Arkansas will be 8-7 after the Kentucky game.
This would be awesome. However, to use a term of one of Kentucky's own we will definitely need to "over achieve".

Nipsey Mussle

GuvHog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 02:56:43 am
We'll see, but I all but guarantee you won't be on here Thurs night if we get blown out.

May lose but I don't see them getting blown out. This Hog team has already shown they are more than capable of going toe to toe with the Wildcats.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 02:56:43 am
We'll see, but I all but guarantee you won't be on here Thurs night if we get blown out.

You are wrong again. I don't mind eating crow for my hogs.

Birminghog

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Nipsey Mussle

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 22, 2014, 10:59:50 pm
Must win 3-4... 2-4 will get like 6th place or maybe 7th. 1-4 and we'd better win the SEC tourney.

PaPS
If we go 2-2 these last 4 games we gotta win SEC Tournament. If we go 3-1 still very good chance we would have to win SEC Tournament. I think we have to win these last 4 games and one SEC T Game

HF#1

After all the ups and downs of this year we still have a shot to make it a decent to great year out of it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

respirback

The only reason we are 7-7 right now is because we can't consistently hit free throws.  We should be at least 9-5

TexArkHogFan

We actually have the 4th best overall record in the SEC. Only Florida, Kentucky and Missouri have a better overall record than the Hogs.  I know winning conference games are vital, the NCAA does look at the overall record as well.  I think to make the tourney we have to win five more games to reach 23 wins, any combination of regular season or SEC tourney games would work.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

azhog10

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 01:12:16 am
They are 14-0 but I wouldn't exactly say cruising. They've had lots of close calls including Alandise Harris bricking a FT that would've beat them early in conference. I believe it was this week when Auburn gave them a big scare in Gainesville.
Why is it Harris and his free throw? Clarke missed a point blank dunk late in that game that would have made sure it didn't hit OT.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: azhog10 on February 24, 2014, 01:28:16 pm
Why is it Harris and his free throw? Clarke missed a point blank dunk late in that game that would have made sure it didn't hit OT.
Weren't there 5 minutes or more left when Clarke missed that dunk? Like it or  not, if Harris makes 1 FT we win. I'm not gonna go back several minutes and see a play that cost us b/c many things could've been different.

He hits a free throw and we're probably "last 4 in" the tourney right now.

azhog10

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 01:32:49 pm
Weren't there 5 minutes or more left when Clarke missed that dunk? Like it or  not, if Harris makes 1 FT we win. I'm not gonna go back several minutes and see a play that cost us b/c many things could've been different.

He hits a free throw and we're probably "last 4 in" the tourney right now.
Like it it not Clarke makes that dunk and we have two more points than we did. Considering we went to OT and the dunk was in regulation. Yeah I'd bitch more about a missed dunk than a free throw. Especially since the dunk was all by himself. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: azhog10 on February 24, 2014, 01:35:12 pm
Like it it not Clarke makes that dunk and we have two more points than we did. Considering we went to OT and the dunk was in regulation. Yeah I'd bitch more about a missed dunk than a free throw. Especially since the dunk was all by himself.
Well then I guess we have a difference in the way we perceive things. There are thousands of things that happen during a game and one thing happening can thing the events that follow. The only thing I can say 100% sure is if Harris makes the free throw we win.

I haven't played the "what if" game about any other game b/c I know so many things transpire.

azhog10

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 01:45:31 pm
Well then I guess we have a difference in the way we perceive things. There are thousands of things that happen during a game and one thing happening can thing the events that follow. The only thing I can say 100% sure is if Harris makes the free throw we win.

I haven't played the "what if" game about any other game b/c I know so many things transpire.
If Clarke makes that layup we for sure win. No different than the free throw. Plenty of plays in that game that could have changed the game. Putting it soley on Harris is a bit dumbfounded.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: azhog10 on February 24, 2014, 08:48:18 pm
If Clarke makes that layup we for sure win. No different than the free throw. Plenty of plays in that game that could have changed the game. Putting it soley on Harris is a bit dumbfounded.
Well let me know when I'm allowed to have my own opinions on it.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Breems on February 24, 2014, 11:06:32 pm
I have an opening tomorrow at 3:55pm.
That won't work, I was hoping to use that time slot to tell you all about how we better go get some men, and that Portis-Kingsley belong together.

Breems

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 24, 2014, 11:08:56 pm
That won't work, I was hoping to use that time slot to tell you all about how we better go get some men, and that Portis-Kingsley belong together.

Maybe I can fit you in after my Lunch-n-Learn on the importance of set plays.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Breems on February 24, 2014, 11:14:37 pm
Maybe I can fit you in after my Lunch-n-Learn on the importance of set plays.
You need a natural PG to run that Lunch-n-Learn!

rzrbackramsfan

Whoa that was pretty good but you need to slow down the tempo. Just mix in the jokes, not the whole time.

Hoggycronopolis

don't forget we could've fouled up 3 before that game tying shot ever took place. Everyone likes to say it's "bad form" but I don't give two sheiite's. If it makes sure you win a game you're not supposed to; you do it!!! Also, on the UK game coming up: wish Mike would have Nolan talk to these young men about playing with a chip on their shoulder. This team is every bit as talented (probably quite a bit More talented) than the one that made the run thru the sec tourney in 2000 I think it was.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they SMITE you, and then you win"  
-Ghandi

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
-George Carlin

Breems

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 24, 2014, 11:45:11 pm
Whoa that was pretty good but you need to slow down the tempo. Just mix in the jokes, not the whole time.

No pressure, no pressure.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 24, 2014, 11:45:11 pm
Well, let me know when I'm allowed to tell jokes again.  ;D

SPAL

If bell hits that 3 that he almost made, we win in regulation.

azhog10