Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2016, 07:37:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

SEC Network ‏@SECNetwork 22h22 hours ago

Ole Miss is the only school in the nation to sign two 5⭐️ recruits. http://bit.ly/1L0nJWd 

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 1h1 hour ago

Two Ole Miss signees were named Parade All-Americans on Friday: http://on.thec-l.com/1Po4Aze

I'd be interested to see how Parade developed its teams. I'd imagine Shea Patterson is one of the six best QBs in the country.

QuoteTwo Ole Miss signees were named Parade All-Americans on Friday.

Five-star offensive tackle Greg Little (Allen [Texas]) made Parade's first-team offense and three-star center Eli Johnson (Lafayette) received an honorable mention.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

Hugh is doing a solid job getting home grown and out of state talent.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter 14h14 hours ago Oxford, MS

DL Markell Winters out of Jones CC has committed to Ole Miss. http://www.scout.com/player/174075-markel-winters?s=177 ...

2017 SDE

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 5h5 hours ago

AMRT | Ole Miss wants to add several mid-year enrollees at DL in the 2017 class. It's already landed its first: http://on.thec-l.com/1KFsglW

QuoteMarkel Winters didn't need long to consider his Ole Miss offer.

The Jones County Junior College freshman committed to the Rebels just a few hours after they offered.

"They were consistent on keeping up with me and just checking me and getting to know me," Winters said. "I felt like it was a good fit for me here. I just felt like it was one of the best schools for D-linemen. That's what I feel like I can benefit from."

Winters has two years' worth of eligibility and plans to enroll at Ole Miss next January. Coach Hugh Freeze said the team planned to pursue early enrollees in the 2017 recruiting class. The Rebels signed just two defensive linemen in their 2016 class.

Winters joins four-star wide receiver D.D. Bowie (Morton) as the only commits in Ole Miss' 2017 recruiting class, which 247Sports ranks No 10 in the Southeastern Conference and No. 37 nationally.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Winters isn't rated by 247Sports' Composite Rating

jbcarol

jbcarol

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter 13h13 hours ago Oxford, MS

OT Ben Brown @Ben_Brown55 out of Vicksburg commits to Ole Miss.

247 3-star from '17

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 05, 2016, 10:52:49 am

Yep he's doing a $olid job.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Three-star offensive tackle Ben Brown didn't commit to Ole Miss until Tuesday, four days after the Rebels offered

QuoteThe St. Aloysius junior described Ole Miss as feeling like home for him, which makes sense considering how many of his relatives have played there: his father, Tim Brown (offensive guard, lettered 1988-89); uncle Burkes Brown (offensive tackle, 1991-92); paternal grandfather Allen Brown (end, 1962-64); maternal grandfather Bobby Robinson (left guard, 1962-64); Tim's uncle Jerry Brown (tackle, 1959-61); and Tim's cousin Alton Brown (defensive tackle, 1971-72).

Brown is the No. 85 offensive tackle and No. 803 player overall, according to 247Sports' Composite Rating. The 6-foot-6, 290-pound held five other offers, choosing the Rebels over Missouri, Southern Miss and Vanderbilt, among others.

He joins four-star wide receiver D.D. Bowie (Morton) and three-star weak-side defensive end Markel Winters (Jones County Junior College) in the Rebels' 2017 recruiting class. The group ranks No. 9 in the Southeastern Conference and No. 29 nationally.

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling  2h2 hours ago
Bing-Dukes signed with Ole Miss today, but it appears he previously signed with MTSU but didn't qualify: http://on.dnj.com/1RM3oJ0

B-D signed as a mid-year enrollee but didn't qualify, making him eligible to sign again. Fortunate news for Ole Miss.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Hugh is doing a solid job getting $$$ to home grown and out of state talent.

Fixed that for ya !
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter

Syracuse DL transfer Qaadir Sheppard @HoopLife_Q13 has arrived at #OleMiss for his official visit. http://www.scout.com/player/188073-qaadir-sheppard?s=177 ...

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 3m3 minutes ago

Hugh Freeze explains how to beat Nick Saban in recruiting: http://ow.ly/103WIo 

QuoteFreeze attributes the program's recruiting success against Alabama to hard work.

"I feel like I have to personally recruit 12-15 guys in order to beat a Nick Saban who may call the parent one time," Freeze told CBS Sports. "They may still beat us. We're winning our share now, but it's taking an enormous amount of work to do. Will that ever change? It has ... some."

After a landmark recruiting class in 2013 that included Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Laquon Treadwell and Tony Conner (which one of them is not like the others), Freeze has consistently recruited well to Oxford. His recruiting prowess has helped Ole Miss to back-to-back premier bowl games (Peach and Sugar) and wins over Alabama in the last two seasons.

The recruiting success has also earned Ole Miss considerable backlash and the program is the subject of an NCAA investigation.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Coach_Conides/status/715253700332273665

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 9h9 hours ago

Courtney Cronin Retweeted Will Sammon

What is "skulldrugging" you ask?

Will Sammon@WillSammon

for more on skulldrugging and recruiting: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/recruiting/2016/03/30/coach-ole-miss-regret-not-offering-my-players/82440808/ ...

QuoteOne Mississippi high school football coach took to Twitter Wednesday to voice his frustration over Ole Miss not offering scholarships to his players.

St. Stanislaus coach Bill Conides tweeted, "Dear @OleMissFB thanks for not offering my kids. I can't wait for their teams to schedule you in the future. Get ready to get skull-drug."

In case you are wondering, skulldrug is another term for a beatdown. According to urban dictionary, it is the act of one being dragged by the neck, jaw, skullpiece or hair by another person or object.

"When you feel like your kid has been taken for a ride, you need to call it out," Conides said. "I wasn't trying to be mean or anything like that. If it means that none of my kids go to Ole Miss, then so be it."

St. Stanislaus quarterback Myles Brennan is rated as a three-star prospect by the 247Sports Composite. He has 15 offers to play at the next level, including one from Memphis and also has interest from Oklahoma State. St. Stanislaus tight end Chase Rogers is verbally committed to Tennessee and picked up an offer Wednesday from Mississippi State.

Brennan passed for 5,248 yards, 53 touchdowns and eight interceptions in leading the Rock-a-Chaws to a second-consecutive appearance in the Class 4A championship. Rogers led the team with 81 catches for 1,462 yards and 19 touchdowns.

"Why is that Wisconsin, California and Memphis and all these schools have come here, checked them out and recruited them," Conides said. "Why haven't they done that?"

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 12h12 hours ago

Ole Miss' top QB target commits to Nebraska http://sec.news/227NKe9

QuoteOle Miss lost out on its top quarterback target in the Class of 2017 Monday, as four-star quarterback Tristan Gebbia committed to Nebraska.

The nation's eighth-best pro-style quarterback, who visited Ole Miss last weekend, chose the Cornhuskers over the Rebels despite being an Ole Miss legacy. Both of Gebbia's parents attended Ole Miss, and his father, Rich, played tight end for the Rebels.

Ole Miss will now likely turn its attention towards four-star Tua Tagovailoa, who is rated as the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in our nation.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 20h20 hours ago

Ole Miss signee Chandler Tuitt on Nick Saban: 'Something about his attitude that just bugged me' http://sec.news/226u9L6

QuoteTuitt, who is from Tyrone, Ga., held offers from several big programs, including in-state schools UGA and Georgia Tech, but it was the family atmosphere he felt during his visits to Oxford, Miss., that ultimately drove him to pick Hugh Freeze's team.

Q: Which head coach of a team that you did not sign with was the nicest? 

A: Mark Richt.

Q: Which coach was not the nicest?

A: Nick Saban. There was just something about his attitude that just bugged me.

Q: If you could give a junior only one piece of advice about the recruiting process, what would it be?

A: Make $ure you visit everywhere just to find the right feel for where you really want to go

jbcarol

Torqued pork

Bryan Jones a DE from Baton Rouge committed to Ole Miss over the weekend.

ALLVOL

Money talks.

PorkRinds

ALLVOL

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 09, 2016, 11:38:08 am
So do sexual assault victims...
Dang you're so funny!
People who don't have a clue also type on sites like this.

DeltaBoy

The Ole Miss Motto
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

'17 4-star Louisiana defensive lineman, Bryan Jones gave a verbal to Ole Miss.

jbcarol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Ole Miss, now offering another type of scholarship. 

Besides the traditional Academic & Athletic scholarships, they are now offering the new.....$$$ Tunsil Scholarship Plan.  This scholarship is privately offered to select student-athlete's, contacted by assistant coaches & boosters. (No text's or twitters please).   ;)

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/738504562265477120

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 15h15 hours ago

Three-star QB Alex Faniel has committed to #OleMiss. Member of the recruiting class of 2017. http://www.scout.com/player/189501-alex-faniel ...

https://twitter.com/__AF8/status/738521740179951617

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/743510639809794048

5-foot-11, 190-pound Rockette becomes the Rebels eighth commitment of the 2017 class, and the first defensive back. He has also been drawing interest from Louisiana-Lafayette.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Are these latest Ole Miss commitments, just rock hard stupid...

or is Ole Miss & the Beaver, doubling down on the signing bonus  ???

jbcarol

Ben Garrett ‏@SpiritBen 5h5 hours ago

Four-star LB Willie Gay has committed to #OleMiss over Mississippi State and South Carolina.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ole Miss secures commitment from Madison, Alabama safety AJ Harris

Quote6-foot, 190-pound Harris, ranked the No. 27 overall player in the state of Alabama, now gives the Rebels 12 commits in their Class of 2017.

Harris had reported offers from a number of SEC programs, including Mississippi State, Missouri, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

jbcarol

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter Jul 25 Florida, USA

Aliceville CB Jamar Richardson commits to #OleMiss.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/764156526995116032

QuoteCallaway senior Emanuel Dabney, who is known for his speed, decided to reopen his recruitment after mulling the move since May, he said. Callaway coach Darius Brown confirmed the news.

Dabney said the decision to decommit came down to a few factors.

"Other schools have been recruiting me harder recently," Dabney said. "I also looked at Mississippi State's depth chart and they look loaded there."

When Dabney committed to MSU in December, he did so partially because his connection to former Bulldogs coach and current Jackson State head coach Tony Hughes. Dabney is the son of Emanuel Dabney, Sr., who played for Hughes at Hinds Community College.

Ole Miss has emerged as a school Dabney is interested in, he said. The consensus three-star prospect added that the Rebels' recruiting efforts toward him have intensified lately.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/790539717930541056

Starkville's Willie Gay (@WillieYRN) has made it clear: He is no longer committed to Ole Miss

QuoteStarkville four-star 2017 linebacker announced Monday morning that he is no longer committed to Ole Miss.

Gay, the state's top defensive prospect and one of the country's top-rated linebackers, said he will likely make a final decision on National Signing Day, giving Mississippi a compelling storyline to monitor the next couple of months.

The move is not overly surprising because over the past few days, Gay had said he was committed to the Rebels, but open to other programs. What's more, as recent as Thursday, he said Ole Miss may not be the school he signs with in February.

Gay scheduled and released his five official visits before the season.

He went to Michigan over the weekend for his first one and told The Clarion-Ledger on Sunday, "I fell in love."

Michigan is now Gay's top school, he said.

He plans to check out Florida State on Oct. 29, Mississippi State on Nov. 5, Florida on Nov. 12 and Ole Miss for the Egg Bowl on Nov. 26.

Ole Miss is still somewhat in the mix, Gay said, but, regardless, this is a significant loss for the Rebels. Four players have now decommitted from Ole Miss since September and no player has committed to the Rebels since early August. Gay thanked the Ole Miss coaching staff in a post on Twitter announcing his decommitment.

Gay was the first and only four-star prospect to commit to Ole Miss after the Notice of Allegations was released.

jbcarol

'17 3-star Cypress Ranch WR RJ Sneed gave a verbal to Ole Miss.

Sneed is the number 68 ranked WR in our nation.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/807759685751341056

QuoteOle Miss picks up commitments from two JUCO players

Brenden Williams, who had 89 total tackles this past season, announced Saturday he is verbally committed to Ole Miss while on an official visit at the school. Williams, who is able to play three seasons for the Rebels, can sign on Wednesday, the day JUCO players are eligible to do so.

Ole Miss also added a JUCO quarterback commit Saturday night.

Jordan Ta'amu out of New Mexico Military Institute, who is rated as the nation's No. 3 dual-threat JUCO quarterback in the 2017 class by the 247Sports Composite, announced his commitment one hour after Williams.

Adding Ta'amu, who completed 198-of-334 passes for 3,014 yards, 32 touchdowns against eight interceptions, was imperative. The three-star prospect joins Alex Faniel, another three-star out of Virginia, as quarterbacks committed behind Shea Patterson. Ole Miss is also still in the mix for St. Stanislaus' Myles Brennan, and the [mystery] offensive coordinator hire may impact the situation.

Ole Miss now has 12 commitments for the 2017 signing class.

jbcarol

Chad Simmons ‏@ChadSimmons_ Jan 1

4-Star LB Breon Dixon has committed to #OleMiss.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/826798110282285056

"That place is really beautiful," he told Greg Power$. "It is a beautiful campus. It has a real homey feel to it for a Plano kid. There are a lot of people from the Dallas area that I just knew walking around and that was kind of cool. There was a lot of people from around the Plano area like Frisco and McKinney."

The 6-foot-2, 239-pound 'backer was previously committed to Houston.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol