Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I know we've all got an opinion of Lane Kiffin, but his troll game is STRONG!

Started by Doug, April 24, 2016, 10:29:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

On Friday, he trolled Tennessee fans. Be sure to pay attention to Chris Hale's responses to Tinnar fans... they're just as epically well done. :)
https://twitter.com/Bama_Hammer/status/723578278246801408

Kiffin then shifted focus to the Burning Plains on Saturday.
https://twitter.com/Bama_Hammer/status/724251733564628994

Something tells me he's gonna "make the rounds" to all SEC fan bases. The ones for the Hogs should be pretty good, hah!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

zane

The Aubbie one really kicks those Barners right in the feels. A nice and slow burn
RIP LSUfan

theFlyingHog

BadHog

I cannot imagine that Saban finds this amusing. Lane is a 13 year old.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

PorkRinds

Does the fact that I don't really get the tweets make me dumb? Or just twilliterate?

Dr. Starcs

I'm with you pr. No clue what any of that means. Can someone interpret?

hogsfan31

I think the Auburn troll was alluding to the fact that they got left out of the NC game in what he was it 03? 04???

As for the Tenner tweet I have no idea.

LRAFBHog

Kiffin is very intelligent, very superior offense mindset.  What is it, two NC's at Bama already.  Another coming in Jan '17, most likely.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: LRAFBHog on April 24, 2016, 02:20:00 pm
Kiffin is very intelligent, very superior offense mindset.  What is it, two NC's at Bama already.  Another coming in Jan '17, most likely.

One NC, I believe.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

The guy he WORKS for has more NC's without kiffypoo than with him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogarusa

What could you find confusing about those tweets? Tennessee tweet said roll tide roll '16 with an interstate sign to Knoxville and the Auburn tweet was the outcomes of the last 2 Iron Bowl games (although Auburn had 44, not 19)

Its not great trolling but tbf, with most of the SEC fanbases, you really do have to K.I.S.S in order for folks to follow
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogarusa on April 24, 2016, 03:56:21 pm
What could you find confusing about those tweets? Tennessee tweet said roll tide roll '16 with an interstate sign to Knoxville and the Auburn tweet was the outcomes of the last 2 Iron Bowl games (although Auburn had 44, not 19)

Its not great trolling but tbf, with most of the SEC fanbases, you really do have to K.I.S.S in order for folks to follow

I care so little about Bama football that rtr meant zero to me.  And I guess maybe I should hVe known what the scores of the last two iron bowls were, but I dgaf enough to.  I guess I'm pretty dumb for not knowing what the scores were, and then interpreting his incorrect point totals.

TUSKtimes

Why Lane makes a good assistant coach. You always get the feeling he's just a small step away from too far or too much.

Hogarusa

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 24, 2016, 05:42:33 pm
I care so little about Bama football that rtr meant zero to me.  And I guess maybe I should hVe known what the scores of the last two iron bowls were, but I dgaf enough to.  I guess I'm pretty dumb for not knowing what the scores were, and then interpreting his incorrect point totals.

+1 although i am surprised you were unable to place RTR from an Alabama person was their dumb saying. 

He got 3 of the 4 point totals correct for the Auburn/Bama points.  Thats 75% correct, which is most likely an A in Math from Alabama. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Birminghog

I couldn't care less about Lane and his tweets. However, I found the intense manlove of the writer toward Kiffin and his vociferous attacks of critical replies disturbingly creepy.

Paul

Quote from: Birminghog on April 24, 2016, 10:46:20 pm
I couldn't care less about Lane and his tweets. However, I found the intense manlove of the writer toward Kiffin and his vociferous attacks of critical replies disturbingly creepy.
agree

MuskogeeHogFan

It isn't Alabama's offense that is helping them win NC's as much as it is their defense. Who led the West in PBU's at the LOS last year? Alabama with 24. The next closest? Miss St with 15. Who had the most PBU's in the SEC? Alabama with 80 as a total. Next team was Ole Miss with 73 and the next was Miss St with 55.

Who had the most Team Sacks? Again, Alabama with 80. Next was Ole Miss at 73 and the next closest was Miss St. with 55.

Alabama generated some big plays passing with their WR corps but offensively from a control standpoint, I think Alabama has taken a step back under Kiffin. Meanwhile, their defense still puts them in a position to win games the vast majority of the time.
Go Hogs Go!

I believe Kiffin is overrated in his position.  I believe he felt the pressure last NC game but they won anyway with defense.  Not saying that Kiffin isn't OK to pretty good, but just not the all that some believe.  In my opinion, Kiffin's first 2 years in BAMA cost them instead of helping them.  The offense of BAMA didn't have the killer instinct and smooth play calling.  It has gotten better now likely because he has learned to drive this luxury liner. 

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Swine-as-wine

TrueBlue

Quote from: Swine-as-wine on April 29, 2016, 11:13:57 pm
Kiffin's a dumbass. Always was.....always will be.

When we had our Dumbass, everyone loved him......until he wrecked.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: TrueBlue on April 30, 2016, 08:49:05 am
When we had our Dumbass, everyone loved him......until he wrecked.

Don't ever remember Petrino sending cutesy childish twitter bombs. He was an idiot in Oakland, a fool at Tenner, an
imbecile at USC, and Saban seems on the verge of bitch slappin' him every time I see them together. He's a 10 year
old wearing long pants.....nothing more.

LZH

LK is one hell of an offensive coach and play caller, like it or not. But he is also an insufferable prick.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LZH on May 05, 2016, 10:19:22 am
LK is one hell of an offensive coach and play caller, like it or not. But he is also an insufferable prick.

This.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dwight_K_Shrute

This is what makes CFB so great, fans getting all worked up.  It intensifies the rivalry, amplifies the hate and keeps the emotions going during the off season.  It's not a bad thing.  Whether you like Kiffin (don't know who might) or not he moves the needle.  He is a heel.  Spurrier was trolling UT long before social media, and it made the Tenn/FLA rivalry better or at least more interesting to those outside of those two states. 

All this really proves is that yes Lane is a prick, but can be a funny one, and that a lot of people have sticks they need to remove from their a****. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jbcarol

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 18, 2016, 10:22:24 am
This is what makes CFB so great, fans getting all worked up.  It intensifies the rivalry, amplifies the hate and keeps the emotions going during the off season.  It's not a bad thing.  Whether you like Kiffin (don't know who might) or not he moves the needle.  He is a heel.  Spurrier was trolling UT long before social media, and it made the Tenn/FLA rivalry better or at least more interesting to those outside of those two states. 

All this really proves is that yes Lane is a prick, but can be a funny one, and that a lot of people have sticks they need to remove from their a****. 

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/732984143940845569

wholehog92

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 18, 2016, 10:22:24 am

Yep.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jbcarol

TUSKtimes

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/760171727846420480

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 27m27 minutes ago

Lane Kiffin's mentions feed finna be one of the greatest things in Twitter history.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/762348356505067520

QuoteTennessee, where Kiffin was head coach in 2009, is occasionally on the business end of his social media mischief.

So, what's the strategy?

The lone opportunity for Kiffin with reporters came Sunday morning.

"Yeah, I don't really run my Twitter or social media," Kiffin said setting up the punchline. "Coach Saban runs it."

Of course, Saban is the only SEC head coach without a Twitter account. And he's taken a stand against that next frontier.

Kiffin then got serious.

"Really, it's just where we're at with the generation of kids we're recruiting," Kiffin said. "To interact with them and my own children, it's just kinda where we're at. That's really how a lot of recruits communicate. Until they changed where we could text kids a couple of months ago, that was really our easiest way to be able to interact with them."

With more than 121,000 followers, he's communicating with an audience much larger than the recruiting board.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/ESPN_SEC/status/764145073843871744

I gotta be free, I've gotta be me.

QuoteIt's trash talk during practice, preemptive touchdown signs, fist pumps and a swaggering Twitter presence, a strange concoction of trolling and random Bitmojis. And it's the game to back it up.

It's Lane Kiffin...

Nick Saban-Lane Kiffin marriage still feels as unorthodox as when it began three years ago, but there's no denying its success. It has produced two playoff berths, a pair of 3,000-yard passers and one national championship. And you know what? They're still together, still going strong after all these years. Under the seemingly heavy-handed leadership of Saban, Kiffin has never felt more like himself.

"I call him a 12-year-old child," said Fresno State offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau, who was Kiffin's roommate last year...

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin receives raise

QuoteAs Lane Kiffin moves into the final year of his contract, the University of Alabama is extending his term.

UA Board of Trustees Compensation Committee approved a short extension and a raise Friday morning. He'll be paid $1.4 million for the eight months between July 1, 2016 through Feb. 28, 2017 [through National Signing Day]. That means his contract with Alabama will expire at the end of the current season.

Kiffin signed a three-year deal in 2014 after being fired by USC. The severance payments from that job kept Alabama from having to pay the market value for an offensive coordinator of his stature. Kiffin was paid $680,000 in each of his first two seasons and $714,000 in 2016.

USC paid Kiffin $2.7 million in 2014, according to tax documents obtained by the Los Angeles Times in January. He was being paid $3.4 million a year at the time of his firing midway through the 2013 season.

Athletics director Bill Battle said his buyout payments from USC ended June 30, so the bump up to $1.4 million fit the market value for a coach of his caliber.

The new salary makes Kiffin the highest paid Alabama assistant...

jbcarol

Michael Casagrande ‏@ByCasagrande 21h21 hours ago

Because his USC buyout ended, Kiffin got a raise from Alabama, but is actually making $2 million less this year.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/775187800253759488

QuoteAlabama didn't hide its dissatisfaction following a 38-10 victory over Western Kentucky.

"I don't know that I've ever been this disappointed after winning a game, maybe ever," head coach Nick Saban said afterwards.

Much was made of the sideline dustup between Nick Saban and offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin late in the game Saturday that was caught on camera. Saban was enraged, shouting at Kiffin.

The tirade happened after the Tide surrendered a late touchdown following a fumble on a direct snap to receiver Robert Foster, who was motioning on a jet sweep.

It seemed a pointless play to run with less than 100 seconds left in regulation. After all, the the risk-reward ratio did not favor Alabama, which is why Saban flipped his lid.

After the game, Saban was asked about his confrontation with Kiffin.

"There were no arguments," he said. "Those are called ass-chewings."

Yet it was interesting  — and surprising — that Saban chose to go ballistic with so little time remaining in the game. He could have waited until the team headed to the locker room 46 seconds later to unload on Kiffin. But he chose that setting instead.

And then he talked about it in his press conference, making it clear who was captain of this ship. There is a rationale behind each of Saban's actions.

It's safe to surmise it was no different in this instance.

During a week in which Kiffin got his buddy, Steve Sarkisian, on board with Alabama as an offensive analyst and received a bump in pay to a cool $1.4 million this year, maybe Saban didn't want his offensive coordinator to get a little too big for his britches.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: 12247 on April 25, 2016, 09:39:32 pm
I believe Kiffin is overrated in his position.  I believe he felt the pressure last NC game but they won anyway with defense.  Not saying that Kiffin isn't OK to pretty good, but just not the all that some believe.  In my opinion, Kiffin's first 2 years in BAMA cost them instead of helping them.  The offense of BAMA didn't have the killer instinct and smooth play calling.  It has gotten better now likely because he has learned to drive this luxury liner.

If you get a chance, watch the fourth quarter of their game with Clemson last year. Clemson couldn't stop them... 8)

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt Oct 15

Lane Kiffin vs. his former collegiate employers so far this year: 101-16.