Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Reflections

Started by Man Mountain Truth, January 15, 2006, 10:09:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Mountain Truth

I have developed more of an appreciation of Tom Brady. I have never been a Brady fan, I felt he was maybe somewhat overrated. A serviceable QB  surrounded by great league veterans and the best coaches. After Super Bowl 38 my preconceptions were solidified. In my estimation Brady had become a media creation that favors style over substance. Adam Vinatieri should have been named Super Bowl MVP.

After Last years Super Bowl and this years NFL season my views have changed. In the context of history, Brady must be seen as a great NFL quarterback. This years effort was MVP caliber. Brady was leading a team that featured an over-the-hill running game, no bigtime receiver,an injury decimated defense and a first place schedule. Brady is great..........he should be involved in the discussion of the greatest QB's of all time.

Other thoughts..............

Does Quarterbacking matter in the playoffs? Delhomme, Plummer, Hasselback................who are these guys? What do Carolina, Denver and Seattle have in common? Peaking playoff defense......................and scrappy, but not great, QB play. Roethlisberger is the only marquee QB still standing. This year more than ever underlines the direction the league is heading . Draft for defense and buy the best defensive free agents. Get a QB that can operate a running game, make the occasional good throw and avoid mistakes.
I guess that Defense does indeed win championships.

Without any question or doubt, Jack Bauer is the Baddest Character in the history of television and 24 may be the greatest television program ever created.
"I don't know, but I've been told, big leg woman ain't got no soul."

Robert Plant

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Man Mountain Truth on January 15, 2006, 10:09:34 pmIn my estimation Brady had become a media creation that favors style over substance.

Just like Brett Favre.