Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To those away from home on Christmas

Started by welchog, December 24, 2015, 08:51:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Having been far away from my loved ones on Christmas I've always found the sentiment/words of "I'll Be Home For Christmas" a wonderful and insightful way of expressing the longings of those apart from family, friends and other loved ones. While the tune was written and first sung over 70 years ago during the height of World War II, it's as timeless today as it was back then. Then again, songs that are written from the heart never really go out of style. The years that I was apart and far from loved ones I repeatedly replayed this song in my mind and found great comfort in doing so.   

And so for all of you who aren't able to be around the ones that make the Christmas season I pray and wish that you will still feel the warm presence that makes this time of the year so special. And for you men and women who serve our country and help keep us safe may you be kept in God's protective embrace and may you know our undying gratitude for what you do. ;D                                                         

My grown up wish is that next year all who're now away from home for Christmas will be back with those that make their holiday so meaningful.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 24, 2015, 10:26:51 am
Having been far away from my loved ones on Christmas I've always found the sentiment/words of "I'll Be Home For Christmas" a wonderful and insightful way of expressing the longings of those apart from family, friends and other loved ones. While the tune was written and first sung over 70 years ago during the height of World War II, it's as timeless today as it was back then. Then again, songs that are written from the heart never really go out of style. The years that I was apart and far from loved ones I repeatedly replayed this song in my mind and found great comfort in doing so.   

And so for all of you who aren't able to be around the ones that make the Christmas season I pray and wish that you will still feel the warm presence that makes this time of the year so special. And for you men and women who serve our country and help keep us safe may you be kept in God's protective embrace and may you know our undying gratitude for what you do. ;D                                                         

My grown up wish is that next year all who're now away from home for Christmas will be back with those that make their holiday so meaningful.

Very well said. That song, White Christmas and Silent Night are my Christmas favorites.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

welchog

Agree with both of you, but find this song does that plus puts a smile on  your face.    Plus it has a Hog in it. :)