Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs 12th Most Valuable Team in College Football

Started by HOGS82, December 22, 2015, 03:43:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGS82

Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

Hawgar The Horrible

Wow. That's some good company the Hogs are sharing. Poor lil' ol' Arkansas my fanny.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

redeye

Interesting that we're worth more then NikeU, TAMU and USC-W.

Poker_hog

It's kinda silly to value something you can't sell but with profits of $33 million a year the program is worth way more than 80 million.  If it was a business it might be worth close to a billion.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hogwild6700

When selling a business in a lot of cases you use the "rule of four" by taking four years worth of earnings. Assuming you want to go by this model you can make an argument that the program is worth around $130M.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogwild6700 on December 22, 2015, 09:22:18 pm
When selling a business in a lot of cases you use the "rule of four" by taking four years worth of earnings. Assuming you want to go by this model you can make an argument that the program is worth around $130M.

I'd love to get 25% return on my investments. 

hldstdy

Quote from: Poker_hog on December 22, 2015, 09:52:07 pm
I'd love to get 25% return on my investments. 

I'd sure expect to get more than 3.3% return on my $1B investment.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooiecidetillNuttgone

This is cool and all, but how is this going to translate to recruiting which is the weakest aspect of our fine coaching staff?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Poker_hog

Quote from: hldstdy on December 22, 2015, 10:30:55 pm
I'd sure expect to get more than 3.3% return on my $1B investment.

That's probably exactly what you'd get in today's market.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Poker_hog on December 23, 2015, 12:34:35 pm
That's probably exactly what you'd get in today's market.

If you don't have a competent advisor.