Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paid Attendance Up this Year

Started by WilsonHog, December 20, 2015, 05:27:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HotlantaHog

Very likely to be up again next year. The schedule including Alabama, LSU and Florida at home (if I remember correctly) is going to cause lots of folks to buy season tickets if they want to attend any of the better games....

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 21, 2015, 01:31:12 pm
The schedule including Alabama, LSU and Florida at home (if I remember correctly) is going to cause lots of folks to buy season tickets if they want to attend any of the better games....

Not necessarily... I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years, and I can only remember 1 or 2 games during that entire span that you couldn't scalp a ticket.   I doubt next year will be that different.

for clarification not doubting paid attendance goes up, just that you will have to buy season tix to get into the big games.

ricepig

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on December 21, 2015, 03:38:49 pm
Not necessarily... I have been a season ticket holder for 8 years, and I can only remember 1 or 2 games during that entire span that you couldn't scalp a ticket.   I doubt next year will be that different.

for clarification not doubting paid attendance goes up, just that you will have to buy season tix to get into the big games.

We sold out of season tickets in 2012, of course, most made their order before April 1st, lol.

jkstock04

Considering the hype build up to this year not surprising.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bowfishinghogfan

I don't ever recall there ever being as many empty seats for the games on the hill before this year. The actual attandance was pitiful. There were 10-15k empty seats for more than 1 home game.

Qhog

I only come occasionally as I'm a couple thousand miles away, but I wish they'd complete the bowl.  These upper deck seats in the corners are very crummy seats and they are almost always empty.  Not sure upper deck in a bowl would be a lot better, but it seems to me those seats would improve.

ricepig

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on December 21, 2015, 04:37:38 pm
I don't ever recall there ever being as many empty seats for the games on the hill before this year. The actual attandance was pitiful. There were 10-15k empty seats for more than 1 home game.

So, besides the Mizzou game, which game had 10-15,000 empty seats. Now, remember, the upper decks hold 6000 each.

Hawgar The Horrible

Bad news for those relishing any, and everything, negative in the CBB era. By all means, spin it.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 21, 2015, 07:09:26 pm
I don't know about this, but a serious +1 to you for your screen name.

Gracious.

woodhog14

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 21, 2015, 01:31:12 pm
Very likely to be up again next year. The schedule including Alabama, LSU and Florida at home (if I remember correctly) is going to cause lots of folks to buy season tickets if they want to attend any of the better games....

Yep, home schedule in Fayetteville next year is Bama, Florida, Ole Miss and LSU. Good year to get season tickets! WPS!

westside_player

Yup. I'm afraid it's going to get worse with time although it's encouraging paid numbers were so high.

hawgmasta

Quote from: westside_player on December 21, 2015, 10:45:06 pm
Yup. I'm afraid it's going to get worse with time although it's encouraging paid numbers were so high.

Unless we start winning more consistently. There seems to be something here that tells me we will.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on December 21, 2015, 07:11:44 pm
Gracious.
Did you get a good grade in Spanish class?  Cause I think the teacher was just being nice.  ;D

westside_player

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 21, 2015, 11:47:23 pm
Unless we start winning more consistently. There seems to be something here that tells me we will.

we wont win any more than we always have

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on December 21, 2015, 11:53:08 pm
Did you get a good grade in Spanish class?  Cause I think the teacher was just being nice.  ;D

Haha. Plus 1.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on December 21, 2015, 11:53:08 pm

Moo chose gracias. Must have been my phone. Yeah, that's it.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 21, 2015, 07:26:08 pm
Yep, home schedule in Fayetteville next year is Bama, Florida, Ole Miss and LSU. Good year to get season tickets! WPS!

We live in Atlanta and make three or four home games a year, sometimes more and sometimes less. We started getting season tickets I think 15-16 years ago or so. I guess this was before Stubhub or some of the Internet services really took off. It seemed like a lot of work to try to get tickets, especially lower level tickets -- and was easier to sell the ones we didn't use, than find good tickets for the games we wanted.

Today it is a lot easier to get tickets for any game -- though if the Hogs start to get on a roll, the price for decent tickets will go up ...

Anyway, we like the seats we have, so will keep getting season tickets even though we can't make all the games.

Expectations were high for this season.  Figuring Enos couldn't be worse than Chaney appeared to be.  Two 1000 yard rushers, Senior QB and most believed the D would be overall better than last year just due to DC Smith being on the job enough time to build a real deal.  And don't forget the depth.  Near everyone believed the depth would be really good compared to previous seasons.  We did, in fact, because of necessity, find our WR depth was very good.  The weekly empty seats were likely due to injures and the horrible start the team got early on.  OK now, let me assure, ABSOLUTELY NONE of the slow start should be attributed to our HC cause we all know he's doing it right, always being dealt the short hand in recruiting cause we are Arkansas, working from hours before daylight till total exhaustion on everything Arkansas football, and if there was or is ever a better game manager on this earth than BB, Long will know it right away and hire that person in to assist.  Why, its an insult to the team that those paid for seats were ever empty even one little bit.

Choctaw Hog

It's a national trend, not just Arkansas.

College football attendance: Home crowds drop to lowest in 14 years

Major college football home attendance in 2014 dipped to its lowest average in 14 years as many schools continue to struggle to fill seats.

Football Bowl Subdivision crowds for home games averaged 43,483 fans per game, down 4 percent from 2013 and the lowest since 42,631 in 2000, according to a CBSSports.com analysis of NCAA attendance data. This marked the sixth straight season crowds were below 46,000 since they peaked at 46,456 in 2008........

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24891415/college-football-attendance-home-crowds-drop-to-lowest-in-14-years

Reversing College Football's Declining Attendance Trend

It has been noted that fan attendance at college football games has declined in recent years. The NCAA reported a downward trend of attendance since 2009 and a 2% decrease in fan attendance from 2013-2014....

http://businesssideofsports.com/2015/10/02/reversing-college-footballs-declining-attendance-trend/comment-page-1/

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 22, 2015, 03:11:36 pm
Choctaw,

Did you read the article you cited below from the Business of Sports?  The author thinks the answer to the problem of dwindling attendance can be found through social media.  This begs the question, just who did the author(s) survey?  It appears they did a great job of interviewing college students but that's about all. 

The problems associated with attending a college football game have very little to do with social media and more to do with ticket prices, parking and concession costs, length of game, treatment of fans in the stands ...  I hope the NCAA is not paying attention to people who think the problems associated with dwindling attendance can be solved with an app. 

How many games do you attend?

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 22, 2015, 03:24:49 pm
This year?  Four.

And social media presence won't change my habits.
But then again, I'm not a millennial or Gen Z.

Nor mine, but it is an issue that comes up in "fan needs/wants"  I wonder if the 100,000 at Bama, TN, or LSU games bitch about the amenities?

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 22, 2015, 03:38:29 pm
What would be interesting is to put a camera on sections of the stands for a period of time and actually measure the number of people attempting to use their cell phones and when this attempt was made (i.e. during a time out, or live play).  The results would be interesting I think. 

I use mine a lot. Usually to get other scores and to follow our media people on twitter to get updates from injuries, TV/replay calls, and any other info. If my kids aren't sitting with me, we're texting our thoughts on plays, and where to eat after the game, lol.