Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wish Bielema would hurry up..

Started by RebelW, December 18, 2015, 11:43:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNiner12

jgphillips3

Based on past hires and the likelihood our hire has bowl work or NFL work to finish, I'm guessing we'll find out between January 5th and January 25th.

MissippHog

Not worried about it one bit.  We'll find out when CBB is ready to let us know and I'm sure it will be a solid hire.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 18, 2015, 11:51:45 am
If history has taught us anything about CBB he will take his time and be very deliberate in his hires. While he may already have his man, or at least have a good idea who it might be, he certainly realizes that this hire will be one that will particularly critical. I believe his choice will be based not only on the need to find an excellent recruiter, but on the ability to develop and coach an OL that is particularly critical to the success of the style offense Bret likes to  run. I'm sure Bret also recognizes that the sooner he can get a name in place the better chance we stand of luring kids like Bolles into the fold. However, one thing he WON'T do is name the successor just for the sake of settling the nerves of fans/posters.
His choice might be in FBS playoffs or coaching in the NFL .
I love off season Football!!

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on December 18, 2015, 11:48:20 am
Take a step back buddy. Go spend some time with family. Enjoy the Christmas season.

This might be the best answer I've seen on Hogville. More folks need to do so. Time to chill.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RebelW on December 18, 2015, 11:53:44 am
Sam Pittman was a sexy hire when it came to OL recruits..

Borderline erotic?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

What I would hope for is someone besides a GA coaching and training our O-line before this bowl game.  At Tulsa, Montgomery the HC. lost two his Co-OC's and line coach.  He is now playing OC to get through their bowl game.  But Montgomery is a rookie HC who knows nothing about leadership and whats best for his team.  So of course he would fill in and bust his ass.  Our smart coach, on the other hand, is working from sunup to exhaustion finding the best o-line hire for next season.  Besides, BB likely knows he wouldn't be the best choice to teach O-line cause, of course, he never knew much about the position, therefore, him jumping in there and helping out would likely just mess with the mental state of the team and cause a let down.  It should give the Razorback Nation great relief knowing we got us a coach that always puts team first and puts best available at every position, both staff and players, to give us the best chance to win, while the rooks like Montgomery stumble around in circles and couldn't find their rears with both hands and a compass.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: 12247 on December 19, 2015, 08:04:49 am
What I would hope for is someone besides a GA coaching and training our O-line before this bowl game.  At Tulsa, Montgomery the HC. lost two his Co-OC's and line coach.  He is now playing OC to get through their bowl game.  But Montgomery is a rookie HC who knows nothing about leadership and whats best for his team.  So of course he would fill in and bust his ass.  Our smart coach, on the other hand, is working from sunup to exhaustion finding the best o-line hire for next season.  Besides, BB likely knows he wouldn't be the best choice to teach O-line cause, of course, he never knew much about the position, therefore, him jumping in there and helping out would likely just mess with the mental state of the team and cause a let down.  It should give the Razorback Nation great relief knowing we got us a coach that always puts team first and puts best available at every position, both staff and players, to give us the best chance to win, while the rooks like Montgomery stumble around in circles and couldn't find their rears with both hands and a compass.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on December 19, 2015, 08:04:49 am

Yeah, I'd bring in a new guy at bowl time to coach instead of going with a guy who's been here for three years every day, smh......

I would do the job myself as there isn't likely anyone even close to my skills currently on staff and bringing in a hurried up o-line coach doesn't make sense.  Yep, I'd get my hands dirty.

Nosboar Accubond

Don't be surprised if it's after the coaches convention. Needs to take his time and get it right. Need somebody by Jan 15th but that's really it.

Nosboar Accubond

Jan 15th is the end of the dead period...

BR

Wish Bielema would will Arkansas State to get an Ass Kickin today
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

pigmailyen

BR

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema 5 minutes ago

Always a good part of any day to talk with people in Utah about opportunities here in #Arkansas

#WoooPig of #UnCommon men!
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

wildhogman

Quote from: 12247 on December 19, 2015, 11:17:57 am
I would do the job myself as there isn't likely anyone even close to my skills currently on staff and bringing in a hurried up o-line coach doesn't make sense.  Yep, I'd get my hands dirty.
lol, you think CBB isn't getting involved with the O-Line. some people just make the day much brighter with laughter. Thank you.  lol

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: 12247 on December 19, 2015, 11:17:57 am

I'm glad Mateos is running the oline instead of you

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: RebelW on December 18, 2015, 11:43:48 am
And hire the new OLC.. Killing me not knowing who it will be. Ready to see what immediate impact it has on our OL recruit if it does at all. This position needs a "Sexy" hire.. Hopefully next week!

Killing you?  Wow.  I agree with the mod who said this was a stupid thread and I never agree with mods about anything.

I feel like I need a bath and hand sanitizer after reading this thread.

idochog

And hire the new OLC.. Killing me not knowing who it will be. Ready to see what immediate impact it has on our OL recruit if it does at all. This position needs a "Sexy" hire.. Hopefully next week!

No need to rush,  Its dead period for recruiting until bowls are over.  He needs to take his time and make the right hire
I love Jesus!

tophawg19

the hire may have already been done, if it's a college coach i can't see why he wouldn't be here already though to help recruit . Pitt left us before the bowl and most coaches do if switching . So i'm leaning toward NFL  or he hasn't made a final choice .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BPsTheMan

Here's the game changer you've all been squealing for

thebignasty

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on December 19, 2015, 06:57:59 pm
Here's the game changer you've all been squealing for
Is he bringing Tavern Johnston to be his assistant?

BPsTheMan

thebignasty

thebignasty

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 19, 2015, 07:54:40 pm
No one is better than Orgeron.  Pure gold.

J. Holly and Tavern OR Wolverine are the only hires that would have been better than coach O.

soooieman

Why would you want to hire somebody in a dead period and then let all the air out of the hire?  Make it before the dead period ends and then recruit while the news is still hot.

ricepig

opineonswine

Probably was never on BB's radar.  Not concerned in the least.

Pig Vader

IIRC a 'sexy hire' is what got Petrino in trouble.