Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wish Bielema would hurry up..

Started by RebelW, December 18, 2015, 11:43:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

And hire the new OLC.. Killing me not knowing who it will be. Ready to see what immediate impact it has on our OL recruit if it does at all. This position needs a "Sexy" hire.. Hopefully next week!

RME

Quote from: RebelW on December 18, 2015, 11:43:48 am
And hire the new OLC.. Killing me not knowing who it will be. Ready to see what immediate impact it has on our OL recruit if it does at all. This position needs a "Sexy" hire.. Hopefully next week!

Would you rather Bielema "hurry up" and get the first guy he sees or take his time and find the right guy?

Not sure a "sexy" and a "hurry up" hire necessarily go hand in hand.

Amityvillehogger

Take a step back buddy. Go spend some time with family. Enjoy the Christmas season.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

NuttinItUp

I believe he said in his press conference that the GA would be taking over until after the bowl game, correct?

RebelW

If he was taking calls at 3 am the morning of I'm sure he has plenty to pick from when he said his phone was still ringing off the hook. A sexy hire would help with big time OL recruits that know the name and has a history of putting them in the nfl.. I believe it could be critical with this OL class to know who the guy will be soon. Might be why Bolles is waiting to find out. Seems pretty hand in hand to me..

OLDHOG

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 18, 2015, 11:44:58 am
Would you rather Bielema "hurry up" and get the first guy he sees or take his time and find the right guy?

Not sure a "sexy" and a "hurry up" hire necessarily go hand in hand.
Yep, perfection takes time. Sooie pig!

a0ashle

I may be way off base here, but I don't really see the OLC as a sexy hire, maybe if your only goal is to snag a few recruits, you can find someone with a name, but the O-line is dirty work, grind it out, don't look at me position, and I think you want a coach with that kind of attitude.

Vantage 8 dude

If history has taught us anything about CBB he will take his time and be very deliberate in his hires. While he may already have his man, or at least have a good idea who it might be, he certainly realizes that this hire will be one that will particularly critical. I believe his choice will be based not only on the need to find an excellent recruiter, but on the ability to develop and coach an OL that is particularly critical to the success of the style offense Bret likes to  run. I'm sure Bret also recognizes that the sooner he can get a name in place the better chance we stand of luring kids like Bolles into the fold. However, one thing he WON'T do is name the successor just for the sake of settling the nerves of fans/posters. 

RebelW

Sam Pittman was a sexy hire when it came to OL recruits..

Großer Kriegschwein

Just a unfounded "trend" prediction, but I'd suspect not earlier than the second week of January.

CBBs modus operandi has been to wait, regardless of the immediacy of the hire, to set a trend of taking his time and doing it right. Slowing he process down a couple years in a row has shown recruits that they just need to trust him to have their best interests in mind if they commit to the team with a position coach in limbo.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wildhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 18, 2015, 11:55:13 am
Just a unfounded "trend" prediction, but I'd suspect not earlier than the second week of January.

CBBs modus operandi has been to wait, regardless of the immediacy of the hire, to set a trend of taking his time and doing it right. Slowing he process down a couple years in a row has shown recruits that they just need to trust him to have their best interests in mind if they commit to the team with a position coach in limbo.

I just hope it happens before the dead period ends.  We need more OL.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on December 18, 2015, 11:56:41 am
I just hope it happens before the dead period ends.  We need more OL.

Best case scenario
This is my non-signature signature.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

a0ashle

Quote from: RebelW on December 18, 2015, 11:53:44 am

Maybe I have a different idea of "sexy" in this regard. I take it to mean name recognition among recruits without prior interaction. Sam is a heck of a recruiter, but did he have that kind of name recognition outside of the recruits he was already on?  Of course I could see a "sexy" hire in the sense that recruitniks like us know the name.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

flagstaffhog

I hope he takes his time and gets it right...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

RebelW

What I mean by "sexy" is highly recognized by beings great coach and that can take them to the next level.

King Kong

Hire won't be until after the bowl game and maybe not till the end of the NFL season.

Big Boi

Quote from: RebelW on December 18, 2015, 11:53:44 am
Sam was absolutely the "sexiest" hire CBB has made while at UA.

Wildhog

Yeah, Sam was a big time hire at the time.  Alabama came after him shortly after we hired him, if you recall.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: RebelW on December 18, 2015, 11:49:53 am
If he was taking calls at 3 am the morning of I'm sure he has plenty to pick from when he said his phone was still ringing off the hook. A sexy hire would help with big time OL recruits that know the name and has a history of putting them in the nfl.. I believe it could be critical with this OL class to know who the guy will be soon. Might be why Bolles is waiting to find out. Seems pretty hand in hand to me..

Bolles is on a cruise ship with his wife... I don't think his focus is on that right now. ;)

Also, CBB said it would be after our bowl game til he narrows down his choice.

And one more thing... I am pretty sure CBB has NOT done an official in-home visit with Bolles-- CBB also has a great relationship with him. I think we will have a great shot at him.

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on December 18, 2015, 12:07:01 pm
Hire won't be until after the bowl game and maybe not till the end of the NFL season.

Jan 5th at the earliest is what I'm thinking, probably by the 11th.

WaltonCollege

I'm putting faith in B, whether he hires the dude tomorrow or the day before our first game next year I'm confident b will find the right guy

Hoggish1

You do know that "sexy hire" is a pejorative term, don't you?

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2015, 12:19:17 pm
Jan 5th at the earliest is what I'm thinking, probably by the 11th.

Pretty much what I am thinking as well

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 18, 2015, 11:51:45 am
If history has taught us anything about CBB he will take his time and be very deliberate in his hires. While he may already have his man, or at least have a good idea who it might be, he certainly realizes that this hire will be one that will particularly critical. I believe his choice will be based not only on the need to find an excellent recruiter, but on the ability to develop and coach an OL that is particularly critical to the success of the style offense Bret likes to  run. I'm sure Bret also recognizes that the sooner he can get a name in place the better chance we stand of luring kids like Bolles into the fold. However, one thing he WON'T do is name the successor just for the sake of settling the nerves of fans/posters.

^^^This^^^

trashcan maN

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 18, 2015, 12:21:30 pm
You do know that "sexy hire" is a pejorative term, don't you?
Lol..I didnt think this when I read the OP, but you're right.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

WooPig90

Real question is, will he be a sexy hire whenever he is announced or after next season?

PorkRinds

I hope he waits three months to hire someone we've all never heard of.  All this, just to see what people say on Hogville...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Probably wont be named until after the NCAA Coaches Conference in January, which also happens to be before the dead period ends
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Biggus Piggus

Odds are that Bielema's primary target is currently employed.
[CENSORED]!

The_MardDog

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 18, 2015, 12:49:35 pm
I hope he waits three months to hire someone we've all never heard of.  All this, just to see what people say on Hogville...

Ha.... I can only imagine how that would go.

BenDial

Quote from: Big Boi on December 18, 2015, 12:07:06 pm
Sam was absolutely the "sexiest" hire CBB has made while at UA.

The women I talk to say it was Dan Enos. I'm not sure they're talking about what we're talking about though.

Cinco de Hogo

All I care about is that CBB and his O staff be on the same page for once!

PorkSoda

I would expect a hire to a wait til after bowl season but before signing day.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

opineonswine

PorkSoda

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 18, 2015, 12:49:35 pm
easy, they would say it absolutely the best hire in the country, and that the bestest staff in the country just got even betterer.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogchick

This guy is sexy. Think we can get him?

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Mike Irwin

Hired Enos around the 3rd week of January. He's in no hurry.

deedster84

Figure if it's an NFL cocah it will be after their last game. Contract stipulations I believe. If it's P5 coach do you think CBB would wait to pull the trigger after their respective bowl. It is dead period anyway/

Athog

Why don't relax and let him be the Head Coach!! I bet he knows what he is doing!

rhames

The job hasn't even been open a week.

Go see star wars and don't worry about it
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hawghiggs

I want him to hurry up and hire Rob Sale. But I'm probably not going to get what I want.

JaketheSnake

It could very well be an instant head scratcher of a hire... We have seen that before and it's turned out very well.  The two sexy hires (Shannon and Pittman) are gone and I think CBB wants continuity more than sexy (except Jen)

31to6

what if the best candidate is still coaching?

Pretty much right now the only people immediately available are people who are not currently working or who coached bad teams

Huds_HawgTide

Jan. 3rd or 4th is the day I think it will be announced
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Laughing Hog

You guys are get'n a little creepy calling oline coaches and Pittman 'sexy'. I'm start'n to worry bout ya'll.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Locutus_of_Boar

If he was taking calls at 3 am the morning of I'm sure he has plenty to pick from when he said his phone was still ringing off the hook. Seems pretty hand in hand to me..

Whoever it may be is likely in a bowl game too so the later the better.  Every OL coach in America knows it doesn't get more high profile than being coach of Bret Bielema's offensive line.  They know the job pays well, Bielema's job is secure, and the AD is a major power in college football and in complete control of the program.  They will have to sign a no compete clause for the SEC but that's about the biggest drawback.