Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest Money Making Athletic Departments

Started by NuttinItUp, December 18, 2015, 11:15:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

EastexHawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2015, 11:15:00 am
Ten of the 19 biggest moneymakers last year came from the SEC.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25417211/inside-college-sports-sec-big-ten-dominate-100m-revenue-club

Arkansas at $116.2 million and at #15.

Not surprising.  Each SEC school gets over $31 million per year from the conference this year.  That is up almost $10 million per school from 2014.  The revenue is mainly from TV contracts and all conference members share equally.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 18, 2015, 11:34:03 am
Not surprising.  Each SEC school gets over $31 million per year from the conference this year.  That is up almost $10 million per school from 2014.  The revenue is mainly from TV contracts and all conference members share equally.

Also, these are 2014-15 numbers, so they may be last year? (before the $10 million bump) Not sure about that one way or another.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2015, 11:35:56 am
Also, these are 2014-15 numbers, so they may be last year? (before the $10 million bump) Not sure about that one way or another.

SEC distributions are made in the summer, I believe. This would have been after the first year of the network.

Inhogswetrust

But according to some we're simply little old poor Arkansas !!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 19, 2015, 12:53:11 pm
But according to some we're simply little old poor Arkansas !!

most fans are poor, not so much with the boosters/donors....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

Just think how much Texass would make if the ticket department employees weren't skimming off the top?

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on December 19, 2015, 04:35:54 pm
Wish we were getting a better return on investment.

The linked list only mentions revenue. It says nothing about ROI.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 19, 2015, 12:59:01 pm
most fans are poor, not so much with the boosters/donors....

That depends on how a poor fan is defined. That also describes all the other schools, both those schools that make big money and those that don't. That being said my post was more about the mentality of some of our fans and how we can't be a good or "rich" program being in a "poor" low population somewhat rural state...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi