Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP - Nice article on former Hog Jason Peters

Started by WizardofhOgZ, December 14, 2015, 03:39:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Great Story on a Former Hog Great who lived his life Right and is a credit to his Family the Eagles , Hogs and Queen City Texas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

itshogsbaby

What a great article!  Look at all the praise in the comments from Eagles' fans.  He is truly a Hall of Famer.

flagstaffhog

Excellent read.  +1 for posting the link.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

SemperHawg

I played football and basketball against the guy all through high school...he was a total beast. 

goodguytex

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 15, 2015, 08:43:19 am
Great Story on a Former Hog Great who lived his life Right and is a credit to his Family the Eagles , Hogs and Queen City Texas.
I know some of Jason's family and have met him and talked to him a few times. He really is a really nice guy, very approachable to anyone. And yeah, he still does love the Hogs, and always will. I have seen his estate near Queen city. Very nice.

Inhogswetrust

Outstanding article. I hope he makes it to the HOF.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

younghog

GO HOGS

Ben Steiger

How did we never put him at left tackle? My goodness...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Papawhog

Hmm, my previous post didn't take for some reason, so, I'll try again. I knew we had something special when he anchored the 400 meter relay in high school at 6'4" 260 lbs. Simply amazing!!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Papawhog on December 16, 2015, 09:18:07 pm
Hmm, my previous post didn't take for some reason, so, I'll try again. I knew we had something special when he anchored the 400 meter relay in high school at 6'4" 260 lbs. Simply amazing!!

Didn't we just redshirt a freshman...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ben Steiger on December 16, 2015, 08:33:38 pm

Kind of Nutty don't you think..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Papawhog on December 16, 2015, 09:18:07 pm

Reminds me of Agim, who runs the 200 meter in High School . . .

http://www.hopestar.com/article/20140407/Sports/140409640

hawgXi

Quote from: Ben Steiger on December 16, 2015, 08:33:38 pm

couple reasons:
1.  shawn Andrews - future NFL tackle had that position sewed up
2.  Hooter Dale Nutt - Peters was signed as a DL out of high school but as coach liked to do, he saw more "potential" for Peters as a TE (kinda like Hootie's predilection for mallet?) rather than "waste" his size speed and athleticism at DE.

Nutt "coached up" Peters to become an undrafted free agent of buffalo bills in the 2004 NFL draft.

thankfully the pros saw the size speed and potential in Peters and he became an all pro OT.

oldfart

he wanted to play BBall along with matt jones...... that would have been an unstoppable duo on the court!!!