Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Pittman get along with Enos ?

Started by Piggfoot, December 14, 2015, 10:59:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 17, 2015, 12:01:47 pm
...a guy who did nothing more than take another job.
There seems to be some evidence he "misled" some people at the least and certainly didn't exit Fayetteville very smoothly.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 14, 2015, 11:51:25 am

I take Pittman at his word, 'a business decision'.  Look at Georgia's schedule and look at ours. They have 5-6 tough games we have 8. This will allow for bigger buffets and more frequent naps....and
Seeing Robs defense tank like that last season;  Qb. and running back problems and losing his best
linemen plus recruiting problems gave Pittman little confidence in us having a winning season next year or at least getting out of the hole we r n 4 some time, maybe never.......much easier climb up at Ga..

So, yes, basically it WAS a business decision.
did Pittman actually quote the amazingly quotable Archie Goodwin (dripping with sarcasm) and use the "it was a business decision" as a reason for going to UGa?

If that is really true, and I doubt that it is completely, did UGa just make him an offer he couldnt refuse?  Does Georgia have so much more money to play assistants than Arkansas?  I wouldnt think so, but do they?

WOW. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on December 17, 2015, 07:06:06 pm
did Pittman actually quote the amazingly quotable Archie Goodwin (dripping with sarcasm) and use the "it was a business decision" as a reason for going to UGa?

If that is really true, and I doubt that it is completely, did UGa just make him an offer he couldnt refuse?  Does Georgia have so much more money to play assistants than Arkansas?  I wouldnt think so, but do they?

WOW.
We offered him more to stay.  He left anyway.

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on December 14, 2015, 11:51:25 am

I take Pittman at his word, 'a business decision'.  Look at Georgia's schedule and look at ours. They have 5-6 tough games we have 8. This will allow for bigger buffets and more frequent naps....and
Seeing Robs defense tank like that last season;  Qb. and running back problems and losing his best
linemen plus recruiting problems gave Pittman little confidence in us having a winning season next year or at least getting out of the hole we r n 4 some time, maybe never.......much easier climb up at Ga..

So, yes, basically it WAS a business decision.

Just awesome!  Buffets and naps.  Nearly spit my wine up!  And it's REALLY good wine.  Us fat guys do love a nap.  Especially after the buffett...

And maybe we should recruit the guys that signed with Mark Richt.   Bet there are some athletes...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 16, 2015, 09:32:27 pm
Great point.  One of the side effects of social media and how quickly information can be shared is that it seems like people are quicker to post their thoughts and are less private in general.  Sometimes a little break from the situation and time to let things cool off, can be a great thing.

I like Pittman as a coach and recruiter. I agree with Mike about his post practice interviews. And yes I sang his praises until his departure revealed somethings.

As an adult advising young men to say the right things and do the right things - he is NOW lacking in my eyes.

It was pretty dumb of him to give his word that he did not need a noncompete. And lacking in character when someone came calling from an SEC school knowing he would have to break his word to our school. And to the young men and parents he promised during recruiting.

If he was given a huge pay increase then I may have overlooked the word thing, but he showed his character for a few pieces of silver. Nice guy but weak character.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Steef on December 17, 2015, 07:06:34 am
THAT'S not true!

Paul picked up Bobby's winning personality.

I think those pucker lips of Paul's actually adds to the charm.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

One thing we have to wonder about is the way Arkansas began this season. Enos had the offense focused on mastering his passing game. The run blocking was downright embarrassing for several games, and that made Pittman look bad.
[CENSORED]!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 18, 2015, 07:50:21 am
One thing we have to wonder about is the way Arkansas began this season. Enos had the offense focused on mastering his passing game. The run blocking was downright embarrassing for several games, and that made Pittman look bad.

Remember the comments made by the staff and the team that they found themselves blocking sideways instead of getting vertical? Who taught that non-aggressive technique and how did it come about when we had been so successful being aggressive and moving the LOS? Do we assume that this was a part of the Enos philosophy? Or was it part of being uncertain about blocking assignments with adjustments to different plays that might have been brought by Enos?
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 18, 2015, 08:00:50 am
Remember the comments made by the staff and the team that they found themselves blocking sideways instead of getting vertical? Who taught that non-aggressive technique and how did it come about when we had been so successful being aggressive and moving the LOS? Do we assume that this was a part of the Enos philosophy? Or was it part of being uncertain about blocking assignments with adjustments to different plays that might have been brought by Enos?

They were going sideways because the defensive line was using that movement, and each blocker was following his man, resulting in chaos. The defensive tactic was intended to make it hard for Arkansas's big linemen to fire straight out and take on Dlinemen man on man.

The Oline had most of the same starters but in new positions. Somewhere along the way, they lost what they were supposed to do against a slanting front.

[CENSORED]!

PonderinHog

So what happened against MSU?  It looked like they had taken up residence in our backfield, especially on first down.  Were we too predictable or were we tipping our hand? 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 14, 2015, 10:59:59 am
Nothing has been said about any rift between the two but actually Pittman was under Enos. Everyone knows now that Pittman likes Chaney so maybe he worked better for Chaney. I actually thought Pittman would leave when Chaney left.

I don't think it was a case of personal dislike but there was something there on the business side of the job that made it easier for Pittman to make his "business decision".

TeedupHigh

Funny to hear all the talk that Georgia is a easier place to win!  Still got to play the games and what again is that record that Big and Biggest have in the SEC? These two have not set the SEC on fire if I remember right in either the East or West side..............With these last two destinations they need to win something in the SEC don't you think?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 18, 2015, 08:24:57 am
So what happened against MSU?  It looked like they had taken up residence in our backfield, especially on first down.  Were we too predictable or were we tipping our hand? 

Maybe both.
[CENSORED]!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 18, 2015, 08:24:57 am

Despite what the stats might show, we never manhandled any team this year with a punishing running game.
There could be a number of reasons as to why.
But never did I get the sense that the other team was just flat out whipped and was ready for the game to be over.  We nevr dominated the LOS in any game to be able to do that.  Last season yes.  This season no.

If anyone has any ideas as to why, I'm all ears.
My guess has been coaching.  I just don't know which coach.
Could it be a change to Enos playbook or Chaney having a better first half run plan?  Is it Pittman not having the OL honed?
Could it be BB allowing too much time being spent on the passing game?
Something else?
I don't know.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 18, 2015, 08:13:55 am
They were going sideways because the defensive line was using that movement, and each blocker was following his man, resulting in chaos. The defensive tactic was intended to make it hard for Arkansas's big linemen to fire straight out and take on Dlinemen man on man.

The Oline had most of the same starters but in new positions. Somewhere along the way, they lost what they were supposed to do against a slanting front.

That's when you have to be flexible and learned enough to switch to area blocking. It's a common practice for defensive fronts to utilize this when facing a bigger, stronger O-Line. Out-quick them, create confusion and havoc in their blocking schemes. I can't help but think that we should have been prepared for the possibility of that happening. Apparently we weren't. So is that on Enos or on Pittman? I'd say, both. You have to prepare for and expect, the unexpected.
Go Hogs Go!

Cinco de Hogo

Ha guys give MI a break, everyone he likes leaves the program.

And everyone he dislikes too!

Does that mean everyone leaves the program... :)

SooiecidetillNuttgone

To answer the OP's question, I don't think they got along at all.

I have it on good authority that they were spotted behind the Alma Sonic the Sunday after the Toledo game.

Was a bloodbath.

Oh.  And Frito Pie.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Sivad on December 17, 2015, 06:53:28 pm
There seems to be some evidence he "misled" some people at the least and certainly didn't exit Fayetteville very smoothly.

Yeah.  That's my only complaint with Pittman leaving.
It's pretty dirty to say you don't need the clause and then bolt to an SEC rival like he did.

I hope karma catches up to him on that one.
His response to me:

ChitownHawg

December 20, 2015, 07:08:16 am #118 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:54:43 am by ChitownHawg
Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 19, 2015, 07:37:23 pm
Ha guys give MI a break, everyone he likes leaves the program.

And everyone he dislikes too!

Does that mean everyone leaves the program... :)

One thing that is beginning to bug me (don't know why but it is). Hogville is in no way representative of the Razorback Nation as a whole. Yet, Mike stated on the Round Table and interviewing Tretola stated some fans are butt hurt over Pittman leaving.

First that is an over simplification of the comments being made about Pittman leaving. There has been maybe a handful of Hogvillians that have taken to the butt hurt extreme. So has reporting sunk to such a low that a handful of fans makes a worthy question or comment?

I'm feeling dirty and used!   ;D

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 20, 2015, 07:08:16 am
One thing that is beginning to bug me (don't know why but it is). Hogville is in no way representative of the Razorback Nation as a whole. Yet, Mike stated on the Round Table and interviewing Tretola stated some fans are butt hurt over Pittman leaving.

First that is an over simplification of the comments being made about Pittman leaving. There has been maybe a handful of Hogvillians that have taken to the butt hurt extreme. So has reporting sunk to such a low that a handful of fans makes a worthy question or comment?

I'm feeling dirty and used!   ;D

Yea that'd been the way since Frank Broyles blamed the 5%.  Whoops that the opposite extreme.

I think your right, fans on message boards hear and read things the vast majority don't so we form our opinions and express them.  Of us that do that only a few make the remarks he's talking about. 

It's like one person calls CBB a fatso and it becomes 5% in a hurry.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 20, 2015, 09:22:27 am
Yea that'd been the way since Frank Broyles blamed the 5%.  Whoops that the opposite extreme.

I think your right, fans on message boards hear and read things the vast majority don't so we form our opinions and express them.  Of us that do that only a few make the remarks he's talking about. 

It's like one person calls CBB a fatso and it becomes 5% in a hurry.

This crap makes me mad.
I'll see you behind the Alma Sonic at 1pm!
Fatso!
His response to me:

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 20, 2015, 09:30:58 am
This crap makes me mad.
I'll see you behind the Alma Sonic at 1pm!
Fatso!

Ok but I'm bringing the majority of Hog Nation to back me up!  ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 20, 2015, 09:37:00 am
Ok but I'm bringing the majority of Hog Nation to back me up!  ;)

I'm only showing up if you buy me a chilli cheese coney! Otherwise you are on your own.  ;D

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 20, 2015, 09:41:31 am
I'm only showing up if you buy me a chilli cheese coney! Otherwise you are on your own.  ;D

LOL, Sonic Chili Cheese Coney, peace be unto the world food!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 20, 2015, 09:46:42 am
LOL, Sonic Chili Cheese Coney, peace be unto the world food!

Don't forget the relish.
His response to me:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 20, 2015, 10:19:55 am
Don't forget the relish.

Give me 30 minutes after eating and you will be sorry I came along. I have been known to clear a room.

You definitely won't want to punch me in the stomach. It will be "no mas no mas" for you.  ;)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 19, 2015, 11:28:35 pm
Yeah.  That's my only complaint with Pittman leaving.
It's pretty dirty to say you don't need the clause and then bolt to an SEC rival like he did.

I hope karma catches up to him on that one.

Well yeah, no matter how the coaching business is conducted, knowing how it goes, you don't make a statement like that and then just pack up and leave, whether going to coach with your best friend or not. Now what we don't know (in all fairness) is whether that statement was made prior to Chaney's departure or after. But if after, knowing that Bielema was taking shots at your buddy after he left, it was pretty self serving. Smart, but still self serving and knowing full well that you may have an opportunity to bolt in the future and not wanting to be impeded by a non-compete.
Go Hogs Go!

OldCoot

You have to be an absolute homer to say Georgia is not a destination job.  I'm a homer and still realize Georgia looks better than us.

That being said the way he went out was low-rent.

Hoggish1

Wondering who gives a rats @ss? Other than that knock yourself out...