Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bowl practice important for new QB

Started by Lake City Hog, December 10, 2015, 09:31:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostzapper

BA, and BA alone, made doubters believe he is a competent SEC qb.  As a consequence, BA has made doubters believe the family tree is SEC-worthy so that we now believe his brother can be an SEC calibre qb.  That is a wonderful gift from BA because now we don't have to worry about the future, particularly since DE now has the luxury of time to identify somebody better than AA.  Thanks BA! 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 11, 2015, 09:48:38 pm
One thing AA has going against him is an extremely laid back approach to life in general which spills over into football. Some say it's his best quality as a player. He doesn't get rattled. However Bielema admitted to the media that AA's casual approach is the main reason why he didn't play him in the 4th quarter of last year's Missouri game when BA was hurt.

It appears that the problem has been worked out. Bielema has said that AA is more intense these days. However, if one of the other quarterbacks comes out blazing this spring with the kind of intensity and attention to detail that Bielema likes the competition could get interesting.

Oh, I think it could be a very interesting spring for all of the QB's involved and the program as a whole.

AA has kind of been in the background, though he has had some game experience and as you say, has apparently altered his level of perceived focus on the game and in the huddle as a leader.

Many thought Peavey would make a big move towards being a starter, but apparently that hasn't happened yet.

Storey, still learning and matriculating.

Townes-Much heralded as a transfer and as a HS QB, but relegated to running the scout team (along with Peavey) and according to Enos, not really having been exposed to the Arkansas offense as much as they would have liked to this point. But, he was supposed to be such a student of the game that he was a "film rat", studying the tendencies of his opponents as oppose to his offense. Got to know the offense for this to be of value. Does he emerge? We will see.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig Worshipper

No matter who is quarterback next year, he will probably have a difficult time. The first season for a quarterback in the SEC is an incredibly daunting task. I Just want to see good progress being made week to week.

Lake City Hog

Guys, I really believe that the spring will start with a rotation along this line:
AA gets 70% of the 1st team work with Peavey and Storey splitting the bulk of what is left and Town getting minimal snaps with the 1's.
Peavey and Storey will split about 70% of the work with the 2's and Town will get the balance.

By the end of the 1st scrimmage I think that we will probably know who the coaches like for the #2 slot. Now, before some of you stroke out let me explain my reasoning. Regardless of Town's physical abilities, he has very little knowledge of our offense. Enos commented that during the bye week Town got some "Arkansas" snaps and Enos had to draw out some of the called plays for him. This is NOT a reflection on him as being dumb or lazy, he just hasn't worked on our O at all. It is hard for me to imagine that a guy can go from that level of knowledge to running 1st or 2nd team. The QB position just will not allow for that scenario.

Ty came in last December and got "some" practice during bowl practices and then again in the spring and that is a HUGE jump! Peavey came in January of 2014 and participated in spring practice so he should be ahead of Ty with a spring and fall in his pocket.( If you really want to get right down to it Ty and Rafe are fairly equal since both have been thru a spring and fall with Enos) Both of these guys SHOULD have a pretty good grasp of what Enos wants to do since they have had the opportunity to actually work on the "Arkansas" offense all season in practice.

This system probably doesn't seem fair to Town, but it is the system and not much else to be said. Town was relegated to running the scout team all fall and that puts him pretty far behind in knowing the O.

choppedporkextrasauce

This a a great problem to have, 4 four Star qbs, soon to be 5 qbs who will vy for the job. There are years we can remember not having much to choose from. It's certainly better than a lot of teams in the SEC.

Lake City Hog

Did BB pretty much let it be known that AA is in the driver's seat for the job in his PC today?

Kevin

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 19, 2015, 09:00:24 pm
Did BB pretty much let it be known that AA is in the driver's seat for the job in his PC today?

Yes he did. Had a no seniors practice so aa could command the huddle. 
Like I have been saying there will be no competition. 

He also mentioned mistakes all the qb's had.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

King Kong

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 19, 2015, 09:00:24 pm

He has basically been saying since fall camp that Austin is the second best QB right now.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 10, 2015, 10:51:40 pm
i don't know why y'all keep counting Peavey out. he has easily the best arm and is the most mobile and can really run. The coaches say he is coming along really well. but he isn't hogville good . with a new group of o-linemen , that mobility will really pay off . He struggled early reading defenses but that is typical of freshmen changing offenses. This reminds me of Tyler Wilson and how everyone wrote him off saying he couldn't take a snap . lol really nailed that one huh .

When Peavey was the new guy on campus then he was Hogville's best. Then it was Ty and now Town is moving up. We always want the guy who is new.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 20, 2015, 07:24:57 am
When Peavey was the new guy on campus then he was Hogville's best. Then it was Ty and now Town is moving up. We always want the guy who is new.  ;)

I can't wait for Cole Kelly to get to campus and lead us to a National Championship!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 07:29:13 am
I can't wait for Cole Kelly to get to campus and lead us to a National Championship!!!
Year after next!  Book it!

Do we not have an old fashion play book or a new fashion film room just full of our very own offensive scheme.  Is Town not allowed to learn this on his own.  Other than feel of a real game, I don't think Austin has had much actual learning in the games he's played in except maybe for 1 or 2 in 2014.  Running out the clock and handing off and on occasion tossing a safe pass isn't getting game time experience.  Neither has Peavey.  Allen has had more practice time, knows a bit more about how to hold the clip board and as for the laid back approach, we heard a year and a half ago that he was willing to take more chances with the ball so that's why he wasn't playing.

Is there a chance that the Guys who have had an actual recent playing experience such as recent High School on field time, do they maybe have the upper hand.  Does anyone really know what is happening in practice right now.  What makes anyone believe that the extra QBs are really getting some much needed serious practice time coming up to this bowl game.  Anyone seen this serious practice with the QBs.  Has anyone seen the GA out there hammering home the necessary info to the O-line.  How goes the O-line, so goes the team.  It is said we put the o-line with a grad assistant, therefore, in my opinion, we put the bowl game with a grad assistant.  When the o-line fails, we usually fail as a team.  I am very worried about this.  We can worry about next years QB, next year. 

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on December 20, 2015, 08:34:05 am
Do we not have an old fashion play book or a new fashion film room just full of our very own offensive scheme.  Is Town not allowed to learn this on his own.  Other than feel of a real game, I don't think Austin has had much actual learning in the games he's played in except maybe for 1 or 2 in 2014.  Running out the clock and handing off and on occasion tossing a safe pass isn't getting game time experience.  Neither has Peavey.  Allen has had more practice time, knows a bit more about how to hold the clip board and as for the laid back approach, we heard a year and a half ago that he was willing to take more chances with the ball so that's why he wasn't playing.

Is there a chance that the Guys who have had an actual recent playing experience such as recent High School on field time, do they maybe have the upper hand.  Does anyone really know what is happening in practice right now.  What makes anyone believe that the extra QBs are really getting some much needed serious practice time coming up to this bowl game.  Anyone seen this serious practice with the QBs.  Has anyone seen the GA out there hammering home the necessary info to the O-line.  How goes the O-line, so goes the team.  It is said we put the o-line with a grad assistant, therefore, in my opinion, we put the bowl game with a grad assistant.  When the o-line fails, we usually fail as a team.  I am very worried about this.  We can worry about next years QB, next year. 

It's ok Eeyore, we'll find you a new tail to pin on.

buldozer

The QB next year should score touchdown after touchdown..... no matter which one it is.....  ;) WPS!!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2015, 07:29:13 am

Now this is what I'm talking about! That is if the coaches will have a fair competition because Austin's dad is on staff you know.  :D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

jkstock04

I guess I'm the only person who remembers 2014. Often injured Brandon Allen..injured to the point of obviously hindering his play...was a better option at qb for us than his brother. Per the coaches. "Brandon gave us the best chance to win" whether he was injured or not.

Folks, think about that for a second when you are saying AA is the default qb for the upcoming season. Just does not add up. I think we will have a true qb battle this spring.

Also would add, I don't think they brought in a transferring blue chip qb just for the hell of it even though we have "default" qbs waiting in line for their turn because of seniority.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SPAL

Quote from: razoredge178 on December 11, 2015, 09:56:09 am
Great asset is a massive understatement. Any guy that outlives two AD's and four head coaches is no asset, more like a shrine.

Again here folks-- not trying to knock the Dicks, or Allens, or our Coach. We've had a crazy funked up QB carousel and political dumpster fire for a long, long time, and I think a new fresh take on high school relations wouldn't be a bad thing for our program.

Bobby Allen is either completely amazing, almost God like at soliciting and recruiting high school athletes, or he's got some magical stay out of jail free pass that has spanned two decades and over 1/2 dozen direct or indirect bosses.

I've never seen a reach like this in all my days on hogville. It would take inspector gadget to reach this far.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2015, 08:54:01 am
I guess I'm the only person who remembers 2014. Often injured Brandon Allen..injured to the point of obviously hindering his play...was a better option at qb for us than his brother. Per the coaches. "Brandon gave us the best chance to win" whether he was injured or not.

Folks, think about that for a second when you are saying AA is the default qb for the upcoming season. Just does not add up. I think we will have a true qb battle this spring.

I believe CBB has went on record to say that was a mistake on his part. He allowed the offensive players to sway his decision as they wanted BA to play on. It is more of a reflection of the offensive team's feelings toward BA than AA.

jkstock04

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 20, 2015, 08:57:08 am
I believe CBB has went on record to say that was a mistake on his part. He allowed the offensive players to sway his decision as they wanted BA to play on. It is more of a reflection of the offensive team's feelings toward BA than AA.
I disagree. I never saw any quotes from Bielema stating such. Ray Charles could've seen in that 2014 Mizzou game Brandon Allen was spent and shouldn't have been playing. Guarantee Bielema knew as well. It's SCARY to think that Brandon Allen gave us a better chance to win that game than his brother.

Essentially we didn't have a viable back up qb. As evidenced we bring in a blue chip transferring qb from California.

The facts in front of me for this situation are pretty clear. QB position for our future is in no way set in stone.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Kevin on December 19, 2015, 10:27:44 pm
Yes he did. Had a no seniors practice so aa could command the huddle. 
Like I have been saying there will be no competition. 

He also mentioned mistakes all the qb's had.
Looks like you are right. Enos said AA is so far ahead of the other QBs he has not been involved in the newcomer practices over the last several days. Apparently they've been doiing full tackling during these practices and they don't want AA getting hurt.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2015, 09:05:42 am
I disagree. I never saw any quotes from Bielema stating such. Ray Charles could've seen in that 2014 Mizzou game Brandon Allen was spent and shouldn't have been playing. Guarantee Bielema knew as well. It's SCARY to think that Brandon Allen gave us a better chance to win that game than his brother.

Essentially we didn't have a viable back up qb. As evidenced we bring in a blue chip transferring qb from California.

The facts in front of me for this situation are pretty clear. QB position for our future is in no way set in stone.
I was at the post game presser at Missouri that night. Bielema did indeed say that but at Media day last August the said the main reason why he didn't put AA in the game was he didn't like his practices habits and his laid back approach to football. However, he went on to say that from that point on AA had been much more engaged in his development process and he had changed his opinion of him. He said if it were necessary to go to AA this (coming) season he would have no problem putting him in the game. Also see my above post.

It looks like AA has already won the job unless he regresses next spring.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2015, 08:54:01 am

Also would add, I don't think they brought in a transferring blue chip qb just for the hell of it even though we have "default" qbs waiting in line for their turn because of seniority.

You do know players develop and improve, right?.  I obviously have no idea who the QB will be but just because someone wasn't ready to play in November of 2014 doesn't mean they won't be the best option in August of 2016. 

Hoginsavga

jkstock04

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 20, 2015, 09:06:34 am
Looks like you are right. Enos said AA is so far ahead of the other QBs he has not been involved in the newcomer practices over the last several days. Apparently they've been doiing full tackling during these practices and they don't want AA getting hurt.
Admittedly I completely missed this. Wow, ya that basically says it all. That's gotta be a huge punch in the gut to the other qbs that this is already a done deal even before spring practice.

Is there a link to this interview or excerpt i can watch/read?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Mike Irwin

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2015, 09:23:15 am
Admittedly I completely missed this. Wow, ya that basically says it all. That's gotta be a huge punch in the gut to the other qbs that this is already a done deal even before spring practice.

I was in LR yesterday for the BB game. A reporter who was in Fayetteville for the Bielema, Enos & Smith pressers told me about it. When I get to work I will look through the presser video for the actual quote.

opineonswine

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2015, 09:23:15 am

I doubt they're as surprised as you are.  And nowhere do I read "it's a done deal" and Spring practice is not necessary for anyone except Austin. 

Geezzzzeeeeee......

jkstock04

Quote from: opineonswine on December 20, 2015, 09:27:04 am
I doubt they're as surprised as you are.  And nowhere do I read "it's a done deal" and Spring practice is not necessary for anyone except Austin. 

Geezzzzeeeeee......
Did you read what he said? Minus injury that's about as done deal as it gets.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

xxtomassxx1980

The QB battle is not set in stone. You can speculate by quotes all you want. Why don't one of you media guys ask during the next presser if AA is the QB next year? Guarantee you CBB quote will be, "BA is our QB today and AA is our backup. We are still focused on this season. The QB battle next season will be decided during the spring time or fall. All the QB's bring a different element to the game that we like. Next Question".

Kevin

Just listen to & watch what cbb does.

In August, (correct me if I am wrong, mike Irwin) but mike reported that cbb, said Austin was the best back up player on the team

I got a vacation for saying the best back up on the team is a guy that would not play unless of injury.

Imo, cbb told you with that statement, there was not going to be a quarterback competition in the spring. 

That is why I have had a strong opinion about there not being a qb competition.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on December 20, 2015, 09:39:44 am
The QB battle is not set in stone. You can speculate by quotes all you want. Why don't one of you media guys ask during the next presser if AA is the QB next year? Guarantee you CBB quote will be, "BA is our QB today and AA is our backup. We are still focused on this season. The QB battle next season will be decided during the spring time or fall. All the QB's bring a different element to the game that we like. Next Question".

That is called coach speak. Don't always believe everything a coach says. You have to listen & watch their actions.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 20, 2015, 09:05:42 am

I didn't see Jupiter last night, but that doesn't meant it isn't there. If you desire go back and watch his pressers - it is there.

Edit - I did search. Apparently he has said both of what we are saying. Offense asked to keep him in, he said it was his fault, and BA gave them the best chance to win.

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: Kevin on December 20, 2015, 09:43:24 am
Just listen to & watch what cbb does.

In August, (correct me if I am wrong, mike Irwin) but mike reported that cbb, said Austin was the best back up player on the team

I got a vacation for saying the best back up on the team is a guy that would not play unless of injury.

Imo, cbb told you with that statement, there was not going to be a quarterback competition in the spring. 

That is why I have had a strong opinion about there not being a qb competition.
And I don't disagree that AA isn't the best backup today. But things can change when other guys get more reps. I think we have a great problem in having 4 guys that are capable of starting at most Power 5 conference schools. Whomever wins the job though, it will on please 25% of Hogville.

Lake City Hog

http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2015/dec/19/12288/

Just watch the whole thing and gather your own conclusions.

Guys, it's AA and the "battle"/"competition" is for the #2 spot. Now the #2 spot is of vital importance, after all that guy is 1 play away from being the starter!

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on December 20, 2015, 09:45:33 am
That is called coach speak. Don't always believe everything a coach says. You have to listen & watch their actions.

Austin was the best backup in August, what's so hard to see in that? I suspect he'll start off as #1 in the spring, what happens after that is still to be determined. For the record, I don't care who the QB is, just produce.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on December 20, 2015, 09:39:44 am
If both Enos and Bielema have decided that AA is way ahead of the other QBs why does that have to be a conspiracy? They're the people who decide who starts on the offensive side of the ball and apparently they agree on AA.

If AA doesn't perform the way they think he will and if one of the other QBs has a great spring then the situation would change.

It's not set in stone but it is what it is. Apparently right now Austin, who will be a 4th year junior, is the likely successor to his brother. That's not a conspiracy. It's actually fairly logical.

The same thing was going on during the 2012 season and with a new coaching staff in the spring of 2013. Bobby Petrino, Paul Petrino and Brett Bielema all concluded that Brandon Allen was going to be Tyler Wilson's successor.

Cinco de Hogo

All I'm certain of is that Rafe Pesvey needs to be on the field...somewhere!

If he isn't the QB and considering what we have in the group it's time for him to play some football at another position or at least on special teams.

xxtomassxx1980

Mike, I didn't say there is a conspiracy. I'm just not willing to believe that it's a done deal. I know CBB values the upperclassmen. And AA does have game experience but that sample size is by far limited. I think we are in good hands whomever wins the job. CDE made huge strides with BA. I trust the coaches decision with any QB they chose....After spring practices;)

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on December 20, 2015, 10:05:04 am
All I'm certain of is that Rafe Pesvey needs to be on the field...somewhere!

If he isn't the QB and considering what we have in the group it's time for him to play some football at another position or at least on special teams.
This is only my uneducated opinion, but I believe RP will be moved to WR or LB. I think the QB race is between 3 guys with CK obviously redshirting.

And believe me..When Peavey signed with us, I was for sure he was gonna be Russell Wilson 2.0. So much for drinking that Kool aid.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 20, 2015, 09:47:02 am
I didn't see Jupiter last night, but that doesn't meant it isn't there. If you desire go back and watch his pressers - it is there.

Edit - I did search. Apparently he has said both of what we are saying. Offense asked to keep him in, he said it was his fault, and BA gave them the best chance to win.

Don't worry...Jupiter was there and I saw it!  ;)
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 20, 2015, 09:49:59 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2015/dec/19/12288/

Just watch the whole thing and gather your own conclusions.

Guys, it's AA and the "battle"/"competition" is for the #2 spot. Now the #2 spot is of vital importance, after all that guy is 1 play away from being the starter!

I didn't really get a "lock" from what CBB said. What I got was this season's #2 was going into the Spring as the #1. The other three needed reps to prepare for the spring. I said this before the formula that CBB uses is the #1 get the most reps with the ones. #2 gets some reps with the ones but more with the twos. #3 gets some reps but not with the ones.

If any QB flashes regardless of which team they are going against they will get a chance to have reps with a higher team. If they do well there then he keeps moving up.

It is up to the QBs to take advantage of their opportunities. Inexperienced QBs are expected to make mistakes. If they prove this to be right then they remain a lower QB until they learn. I feel very confident if any QB not named AA begins flashing greatness they will get to go head to head with AA.

But they have to prove it first.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 20, 2015, 10:29:43 am
Don't worry...Jupiter was there and I saw it!  ;)

That's a relief as it was cloudy in Chicago last night, so I just took a chance that it was still there.  ;D

swinemaster

It's not a done deal.  The competition hasn't started yet. 

Town wasn't relegated to the scout team as Lake City stated in an earlier post.  He had to redshirt because he was a transfer.  Being a mandatory redshirt transfer meant there was no need to involve him in the offense.  Now that he is eligible, he will have a chance to compete for the job. 

If anything, you should say that Storey was relegated to the scout team because the staff made the decision to redshirt him.  The NCAA made the decision to redshirt Town.

Town is 6'4" and almost 215 lbs.  There isn't an arm on campus like his.  When given the chance his talent will shine over the rest.

That doesn't mean he will be named the starter by the time of the first game.  But we will see Ricky Town at some point next year. 

Lake City Hog

5   Ty Storey      QB   Fr   6-2   215   
9   Ricky Town   QB   Fr   6-3   200

Not real sure about this unusual arm that you speak of, but I do know that he is way behind when it comes to knowledge of the offense. Enos said in a PC that Town never had a chance to work on our O due to him playing scout team all year. He did NOT say that about Storey or Peavey.

Some of you guys have already elevated Town to the high status of V Ascolese and he has never stepped on the field. He may wind up being an AA by his Jr. year, but then again he may not. It really isn't fair to this kid for you guys to put such high expectations on him. How about we let him make it thru spring practice before we anoint him the next Tom Brady?

Hawgar The Horrible

Competition in the film room can determine the pecking order before QBs even see the field.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ricepig

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 20, 2015, 12:09:12 pm

Not real sure about this unusual arm that you speak of, but I do know that he is way behind when it comes to knowledge of the offense. Enos said in a PC that Town never had a chance to work on our O due to him playing scout team all year. He did NOT say that about Storey or Peavey.

Some of you guys have already elevated Town to the high status of V Ascolese and he has never stepped on the field. He may wind up being an AA by his Jr. year, but then again he may not. It really isn't fair to this kid for you guys to put such high expectations on him. How about we let him make it thru spring practice before we anoint him the next Tom Brady?

Storey and Peavey have been through spring practices, a little different, don't you think? Also, AA won't be here when he is a JR, so, there's that......

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 12, 2015, 09:27:22 pm
Guys, I really believe that the spring will start with a rotation along this line:
AA gets 70% of the 1st team work with Peavey and Storey splitting the bulk of what is left and Town getting minimal snaps with the 1's.
Peavey and Storey will split about 70% of the work with the 2's and Town will get the balance.

By the end of the 1st scrimmage I think that we will probably know who the coaches like for the #2 slot. Now, before some of you stroke out let me explain my reasoning. Regardless of Town's physical abilities, he has very little knowledge of our offense. Enos commented that during the bye week Town got some "Arkansas" snaps and Enos had to draw out some of the called plays for him. This is NOT a reflection on him as being dumb or lazy, he just hasn't worked on our O at all. It is hard for me to imagine that a guy can go from that level of knowledge to running 1st or 2nd team. The QB position just will not allow for that scenario.

Ty came in last December and got "some" practice during bowl practices and then again in the spring and that is a HUGE jump! Peavey came in January of 2014 and participated in spring practice so he should be ahead of Ty with a spring and fall in his pocket.( If you really want to get right down to it Ty and Rafe are fairly equal since both have been thru a spring and fall with Enos) Both of these guys SHOULD have a pretty good grasp of what Enos wants to do since they have had the opportunity to actually work on the "Arkansas" offense all season in practice.

This system probably doesn't seem fair to Town, but it is the system and not much else to be said. Town was relegated to running the scout team all fall and that puts him pretty far behind in knowing the O.
You lost me so fast. Town will make you hate this post someday. You will seem so unaware in retrospect. Town may not begin the year as the starter but he will end it that way and this time next year, Dec 20, 2016, EVERYBODY will know Ricky is the man. My opinion.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 20, 2015, 12:09:12 pm

Oh, Vinny was the #1 overall player in all of High School football? I had no idea. The fact that you make THAT comparison shows how little you know of Rick. I follow recruiting- I knew about Ricky 3 years ago, man. His name is BIGTIME everywhere in the country except Arkansas, where virtual unknown Ty Storey somehow overshadows him. HILARIOUS!!!!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: swinemaster on December 20, 2015, 11:14:58 am
It's not a done deal.  The competition hasn't started yet. 

Town wasn't relegated to the scout team as Lake City stated in an earlier post.  He had to redshirt because he was a transfer.  Being a mandatory redshirt transfer meant there was no need to involve him in the offense.  Now that he is eligible, he will have a chance to compete for the job. 

If anything, you should say that Storey was relegated to the scout team because the staff made the decision to redshirt him.  The NCAA made the decision to redshirt Town.

Town is 6'4" and almost 215 lbs.  There isn't an arm on campus like his.  When given the chance his talent will shine over the rest.

That doesn't mean he will be named the starter by the time of the first game.  But we will see Ricky Town at some point next year.
These cats will ammend history and act like they always knew Rick was the shizz

Lake City Hog

That's exactly my point, in 2016 we will have a RS Jr. that has a little actual SEC game experience, a RS Soph that has been thru a couple of spring and fall practices and a RS Freshman that came in early his 1st year to get some bowl practice plus the spring and fall, yet all of them will be surpassed by a newcomer just because he is from California!

Typical Hogville, the next great player seems always to be the guy on the bench!

Lake City Hog

Obviously you don't know nearly as much as you think, Town was NOT the #1 player in the country!
Town  #6 pro style QB and #14 overall in state
Storey #9 pro style QB and #5 overall in state

At least according to 247.

This discussion really shouldn't be about Storey, it should be about the number of people trying to pile completely unreasonable expectations on a kid that has never played a game in college. Very similar to what many of you same people did to Vinny! Just like so many of you did with Brandon Mitchell, JoJo and so many other kids.

The simple fact is that Allen will start in 2016 and unless Town or Storey just flat out blow up he will start in 2017 too. And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! Let these kids actually have the time to grow into their position and maybe not call them a bust if they aren't All-SEC by their sophomore year!